Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,288 members, 7,836,274 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (2436) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6244510 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2433) (2434) (2435) (2436) (2437) (2438) (2439) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by darfay: 6:40am On Nov 19, 2018
Jay254:

I worked on a very serious project with them. Jumia Hq is in Dubai believe it or not.

I was just surprised as you coz they have no operation's in Dubai.
They have similar site's as Jumia in some countries in Asia hence Dubai appears to be Central btwn Africa and Asia.

I was also shocked to learn Nairobi is hosting so many Hqs for companies that have no operations in Kenya but mostly run operations in other E.African countries or Central or W.Africa.

That is the advantage of having a better infrastructure, skills and regulations or in short Ease of doing business.

Hatred for Nigeria is making you deny the obvious. Whether you like it or not jumia a Lagos based Nigerian company is an industry leader in Kenya

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by darfay: 6:41am On Nov 19, 2018
rvp20182:
The article you quoted clearly said and in any case by 2016 our total assets were already 40b against 80 something billion in Nigeria for the same year.Just find 2017 data for both countries and compare.

Olodo rabata,
Have you ever seen an SOFP? Goan learn basic account first
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by darfay: 6:42am On Nov 19, 2018
Jay254:

I worked on a very serious project with them. Jumia Hq is in Dubai believe it or not.

I was just surprised as you coz they have no operation's in Dubai.
They have similar site's as Jumia in some countries in Asia hence Dubai appears to be Central btwn Africa and Asia.

I was also shocked to learn Nairobi is hosting so many Hqs for companies that have no operations in Kenya but mostly run operations in other E.African countries or Central or W.Africa.

That is the advantage of having a better infrastructure, skills and regulations or in short Ease of doing business.

What is their Dubai address
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by darfay: 6:44am On Nov 19, 2018
rvp20182:
The article you quoted clearly said something else and in any case by 2016 our total assets were already 40b against 80 something billion in Nigeria for the same year depending on which exchange rate you pick.Just find 2017 data for both countries and compare.Your GDP is overrated.A real 350b economy like South Africa boast 300b banking assets.

Why is jumia the largest online retailer in Kenya.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 6:47am On Nov 19, 2018
darfay:

What is their Dubai address

I can request for you if you are very interested.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by darfay: 6:51am On Nov 19, 2018
Jay254:

I can request for you if you are very interested.

Who request for a company's hq in the 21st century especially in a city as Dubai.
You are disgrace to manhood. You have resorted to petty lies because you don't like the fact. Lazy Kenyans Nigerian firms are seriously dominating your ecommerce
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 6:52am On Nov 19, 2018
darfay:

Hatred for Nigeria is making you deny the obvious. Whether you like it or not jumia a Lagos based Nigerian company is an industry leader in Kenya

Jumia was bought from the Lagos investors, I believe that is the time they moved the Hq from Lagos. .

The current investors for Jumia also wants to sell it.
Jackma of Alibaba visited there Kenyan operations when he was in Kenya.

Amazon also sent Key representative to see their operations here in Kenya.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 6:54am On Nov 19, 2018
darfay:

Who request for a company's hq in the 21st century especially in a city as Dubai.
You are disgrace to manhood. You have resorted to petty lies because you don't like the fact. Lazy Kenyans Nigerian firms are seriously dominating your ecommerce

Just ask any Nigerian working at Jumia you will not get any different feedback.

What will I get by fooling you, am giving you very credible info for free.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by darfay: 6:59am On Nov 19, 2018
Jay254:

Just ask any Nigerian working at Jumia you will not get any different feedback.

What will I get by fooling you, am giving you very credible info for free.

Where is their Dubai hq? Did you quit them from Yaba?

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 7:00am On Nov 19, 2018
darfay:

Why is jumia the largest online retailer in Kenya.
Jumia makes very tiny sales from Kenya and Nigeria...and is already a loss making entity that probably won't last for long.It was long sold by Nigeria founders.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 7:00am On Nov 19, 2018
Wikipedia is not a something to keep posting.. anybody can edit it.Jumia HQ is in Dubai and Paris.Not shitty Lagos.
darfay:

Where is their Dubai hq?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by darfay: 7:04am On Nov 19, 2018
rvp20182:
Jumia makes very tiny sales from Kenya and Nigeria...and is already a loss making entity that probably won't last for long.It was long sold by Nigeria founders.

Whether it was sold by Nigerian founders is not the case. As far it is still Nigerian company. Jumia dominates your online retail and real estate. and it is controlled from Lagos is all that matters

U even need jumia to market your real estate

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by darfay: 7:06am On Nov 19, 2018
rvp20182:
Wikipedia is not a something to keep posting.. anybody can edit it.Jumia HQ is in Dubai and Paris.Not shitty Lagos.

But can you edit this one too

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by darfay: 7:08am On Nov 19, 2018
rvp20182:

Olodo rabata
What is their Paris and Dubai address and prove they pay tax to the French and UAE government

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by darfay: 7:09am On Nov 19, 2018
rvp20182:

Olodo rabata
What is their Paris and Dubai address and prove they pay tax to the French and UAE government

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by darfay: 7:11am On Nov 19, 2018
rvp20182:

Olodo rabata
They don't make tiny sales in Nigeria. and however be the case they are number 1 in Kenya so their tiny sales is a reflection of your useless economy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:28am On Nov 19, 2018
68816419:

funny enough of, the so called CBD they celebrates is like 2% of Kibera and mathare slums not to mentioned thousands of other slums.
please when would this diaspora Kenyans stop fulling them selves and other Africans y can't u guys be realistic, I do understand that you guys r been paid by ur corrupt government to promote and defend your country. but u need to accept the fact that we aint your mate in anything from major sports, entertainment, economy, infrastructure, aviation, widely spread development, banking and insurance, ICT innovation ,agriculture and even the so called tourism.
Our govt is doing something about slums in Nairobi there is alot of housing projects in kibera and other slums there are alot of slum upgrading projects in Nairobi what is your govt doing about slums in your cities like makoko slum we are not paid by any govt iam not a big fan of the current Kenyan govt we all know here in this forum Kenya ranks ahead of naija in infrastructure index
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 68816419: 7:32am On Nov 19, 2018
rvp20182:
Before I get a computer..by 2016 our total banking assets were already 40b dollars..so by now we might already be at 50b dollars.Nigeria you got nothing.
I love the fact that you don't have links or evidence to back u up,
we have provided u with links but u still disputed them, we have shown you that we r far better than you in tourism as we generate far more of what you people generates as a result of more international tourist coming to visit various states tourism programs, among which is the largest street carnival in Africa(calabar carnival), osun Oshobgo festival, eyo festival in Lagos, dabur horse festivals in northern Nigeria and many others .
We have shown you u that we are far better than you in agricultural (except in flowers production).
We also have shown you that we have superior banking sectors as are banks Worth's five time yours (links and evidence provided).
We have shown you that we are best in major sports both male and female,sports such as football ,basketball, track and field (except distance running), boxing,wrestling, tennis, judo,karat, chess and scrambles(you only dominates with very high IQ in this sports, and Nigeria has shown this).
we are far better than Kenya in entertainment such as movies,music,comedy (as your A list artists fully accepts to our dominance ) and your so called house maids love it and our don't even know yours exists.
We have shown you that we have more Universities in top 50 in Africa as Kenya can only boast of UoN.
don't forget that we also shown you that we are more entrepreneurial and that we Nigerians are never scared of failure, u find us even in war zone areas, we only goes to countries only when we realised that the citizenship are still asleep and not because of its scrappers.
We also let you know that we have more industries than the whole of east Africa combined and that most of its are owned by Nigerians.
we have shown you that we are the biggest African investors (dangote,Uba , zenith, eco banks, Gtbank, jumia,konga....) we have the biggest investments in Tanzania, south Africa,Kenya,Rwanda,Ghana Zambia, Ethiopia,Cameroon, Togo, Benin rplc, Niger, Gambia,Ethiopia and literally all Africa and some Europeans countries.
we also showed you with evidences that all our light rail systems are currently linked to new 8 International airports been constructed (90% completed).
We also shown you that we are embarking on biggest projects in Africa from Lagos (another Intl airport at lekki,4 new sea ports, eco Atlantic, numerous roads expansion, orange island, new cities, Lagos light rail system, Lagos cable car systems,lagos 3000MW of electricity...) to abuja ( world trade center, Abuja's millennium city, abuja light rail ,many road expansion) and ports a court (new cities) to other mighty projects not mentioned.
We also accept that the fact we are doing badly in electricity generations and that a country of 200millions heads shouldn't be producing only 5478MW in comparison with Kenyans own of just 2000MW.
Also don't forget that 99% oil wells are owned by Nigerians and this among the reasons why Nigerians could afford to fly and settle anywhere in the world ,and that shell only controls 30% of exploration rights and NNPC Nigeria owns over 60% rights.
in conclusion .
above reasons is why they call us "giants of Africa"

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by darfay: 7:33am On Nov 19, 2018
tlann:
Our govt is doing something about slums in Nairobi there is alot of housing projects in kibera and other slums there are alot of slum upgrading projects in Nairobi what is your govt doing about slums in your cities like makoko slum we are not paid by any govt iam not a big fan of the current Kenyan govt we all know here in this forum Kenya ranks ahead of naija in infrastructure index

Stop famzing us. Which wan b naija way u dey talk?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by darfay: 7:35am On Nov 19, 2018
68816419:

we have provided u with links but u still disputed them, we have shown you that we r far better than you in tourism as we generate far more of what you people generates as a result of more international tourist coming to visit various states tourism programs, among which is the largest street carnival in Africa(calabar carnival), osun Oshobgo festival, eyo festival in Lagos, dabur horse festivals in northern Nigeria and many others .
We have shown you u that we are far better than you in agricultural (except in flowers production).
We also have shown you that we have superior banking sectors as are banks Worth's five time yours (links and evidence provided).
We have shown you that we are best in major sports both male and female,sports such as football ,basketball, track and field (except distance running), boxing,wrestling, tennis, judo,karat, chess and scrambles(you only dominates with very high IQ in this sports, and Nigeria has shown this).
we are far better than Kenya in entertainment such as movies,music,comedy (as your A list artists fully accepts to our dominance ) and your so called house maids love it and our don't even know yours exists.
We have shown you that we have more Universities in top 50 in Africa as Kenya can only boast of UoN.
don't forget that we also shown you that we are more entrepreneurial and that we Nigerians are never scared of failure, u find us even in war zone areas, we only goes to countries only when we realised that the citizenship are still asleep and not because of its scrappers.
We also let you know that we have more industries than the whole of east Africa combined and that most of its are owned by Nigerians.
we have shown you that we are the biggest African investors (dangote,Uba , zenith, eco banks, Gtbank, jumia,konga....) we have the biggest investments in Tanzania, south Africa,Kenya,Rwanda,Ghana Zambia, Ethiopia,Cameroon, Togo, Benin rplc, Niger, Gambia,Ethiopia and literally all Africa and some Europeans countries.
we also showed you with evidences that all our light rail systems are currently linked to new 8 International airports been constructed (90% completed).
We also shown you that we are embarking on biggest projects in Africa from Lagos (another Intl airport at lekki,4 new sea ports, eco Atlantic, numerous roads expansion, orange island, new cities, Lagos light rail system, Lagos cable car systems,lagos 3000MW of electricity...) to abuja ( world trade center, Abuja's millennium city, abuja light rail ,many road expansion) and ports a court (new cities) to other mighty projects not mentioned.
We also accept that the fact we are doing badly in electricity generations and that a country of 200millions heads shouldn't be producing only 5478MW in comparison with Kenyans own of just 2000MW.
Also don't forget that 99% oil wells are owned by Nigerians and this among the reasons why Nigerians could afford to fly and settle anywhere in the world ,and that shell only controls 30% of exploration rights and NNPC Nigeria owns over 60% rights.
in conclusion .

Thank God you have been to their country. Please keep destroying their destiny with fact

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by darfay: 7:39am On Nov 19, 2018
rvp20182:

Olodo rabata
Oju eja Lo ma' nje
Shiooooor
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kenyanstar: 7:42am On Nov 19, 2018
samsobo24:
Kenyans cannot deceive me,even some minute drive away from Nairobi cbd shows how Nairobi gov has deceived kenyans.I dare kenyans to show us pics of other places in Nairobi. I can never be fooled by kenyans.

If you know Kenya very well, you will never get carried away
A saying goes that it is better to shut up and be thought a fool or open your mouth and erase all doubt that you are. grin grin grin grin You just talked utter crap. grin grin grin
This is a Nigerians experience after visiting Kenya
bebe2:
Some pple dey find one way ticket out of naija,

Some wan just go Kenya to disvirgin their passport so they can get out of Nigeria.

Even Kenya villages look clean, Na wa ooo

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 7:43am On Nov 19, 2018
rvp20182:
Before I get a computer..by 2016 our total banking assets were already 40b dollars..so by now we might already be at 50b dollars.Nigeria you got nothing.

Liar. Your total banking assets is not up to 25b dollars. Lying Kenyan. grin

I forgot to add olodo rabata. grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 7:47am On Nov 19, 2018
No one can ran a global operation off Lagos. Stop dreaming. Jumia was long sold - and it's HQ is Dubai & Paris.
darfay:

Olodo rabata
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 7:58am On Nov 19, 2018
This verbiage is devoid of any facts, evidence or data.On the contrary if you scroll these pages I have clearly shown you with emperical evidence that your GDP is cooked, your service sector way below kenya, and the only thing you got that we don't is OIL.

You remind me a lot about KaziKazi and TZ - generally scrapping the bottom of the barrel - with one or two pictures or link that they keep posting.

1) Tourism. All you got is data from questionable source showing you've got 1.8m internation visitors; maybe unless they counted diaspora Nigeria returning back. Kenya obviously well know tourist destination.We have 3 times the hotel bed you've got. We don't even bother count the number of lodges. There is really no point in debating this.

2) Our agricluture is more than flowers. We are world leading exporter of TEA - third leading exporter of flowers - among leading exporters of vegetables - world leading exporter of several nuts. We export best quality Coffee.

3) Banking. This probably only sector that you finally got right with reforms of the Igbo lady but you're still behind kenya. Our banks are some of most profitable - majority have operations in all East Africa countries including now DRC Congo.

Top 1000 global bankers has 3 of banks in there - you've got 5 banks!

As of 2016 our total banking assets were around 41B dollars - yours around 85B dollars. And yet you've 4 times our population. South Africa with genuine 350B dollar economy has more than 300B dollars in banking asset.

This regional footprint of our banks.

10 Kenyan banks, including the KCB, DTB, Bank of Africa and Equity Bank, operate in other countries in East Africa and South Sudan. Kenyan banks operate 140 branches in Uganda, 96 in Tanzania, 55 in Rwanda, 33 in South Sudan and 9 in Burundi. The biggest cross-border banks are the KCB and DTB with 64 regional branches each. Others include, I&M Bank, with a 50% shareholding in Bank One Mauritius; Prime Bank, with a 22.5% share in First Merchant Bank of Malawi; and Equity Bank, which acquired a subsidiary in Democratic Republic of Congo.

68816419:

in conclusion .

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 8:00am On Nov 19, 2018
Maybe some disaster happen without my knowledge - but 2016 - we already were 41B dollars
https://www.capitalfm.co.ke/business/2017/06/kenyan-banks-assets-hit-sh4-1-trillion-2016/

2016 total assets of the sector at Sh4.1 trillion (41B dollars)
2015 total asset Sh3.1 trillion (31B dollars)

You can guess the 2017(51B) and 2018(61) data - we probably are at 60B dollars now.

forgiveness:

Liar. Your total banking assets is not up to 25b dollars. Lying Kenyan. grin

I forgot to add olodo rabata. grin

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by darfay: 8:00am On Nov 19, 2018
rvp20182:
No one can ran a global operation off Lagos. Stop dreaming. Jumia was long sold - and it's HQ is Dubai & Paris.

Where is the address ? Where is the record of tax payment to French and UAE govt and it's "run" not "ran"
Olodo rabata
Oju eja Lo ma'nje
Shiooooor

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by darfay: 8:02am On Nov 19, 2018
rvp20182:
Maybe some disaster happen without my knowledge - but 2016 - we already were 41B dollars
https://www.capitalfm.co.ke/business/2017/06/kenyan-banks-assets-hit-sh4-1-trillion-2016/

2016 total assets of the sector at Sh4.1 trillion
2015 total asset Sh3.1 trillion

You can guess the 2017 and 2018 data - we probably are at 60B dollars now.

Olodo that's $39 billion

Olodo rabata
Oju eja lo ma'nje
Shaaaame
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 8:02am On Nov 19, 2018
I went to Jumia website and I see the jobs that carry title head of Africa or global - are all in Dubai.
darfay:

Where is the address ? Where is the record of tax payment to French and UAE govt and it's "run" not "ran"
Olodo rabata
Oju eja Lo ma'nje
Shiooooor
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 8:02am On Nov 19, 2018
I went to Jumia website and I see the jobs that carry title head of Africa or global - are all in Dubai or Paris.
darfay:

Olodo rabata
Oju eja Lo ma'nje
Shiooooor
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 8:03am On Nov 19, 2018
Make no difference - learn to round off - for argument sake. Otherwise depending on the forex exchange of the day - we could be more precise. Generally 100ksh is 1 dollar - you exchange rate is something else - gov has it's fake one and then real one is 360ish.
darfay:

Olodo that's $39 billion

Olodo rabata
Oju eja lo ma'nje
Shaaaame

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 8:04am On Nov 19, 2018
jaycent:
And who give a fvck about your opinion? I don't want to even know him ok? so keep your fvcking opinion to your fvcking self dick head?
frustrated illiterate grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (2433) (2434) (2435) (2436) (2437) (2438) (2439) ... (9933)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.