Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,140 members, 7,860,101 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:20 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (2438) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6281304 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2435) (2436) (2437) (2438) (2439) (2440) (2441) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kenyanstar: 9:22am On Nov 19, 2018
68816419:

I am really sad now , how can 60% of population leaves in a land mass of less than 6% that is Kibera slums, the government may be trying but the slum dwellers keeps increase as a result of high cost of housing in the tiny developed part of nairobi,I really don't see it getting improved any time soon as your government as politicized it and concentrate mostly of its development on CBD and SGR (which average Kenyans complains about the high cost of it )
don't forget that CBD is mostly for business, this slum dwellers goes to CBD to hustle then goes back to their slums.
I also realised that their are worst slums than Kibera, I learnt that Kibera is a child play in comparison with slums like mathare and others.
lastly, your government mostly concentrate on Kibera forgetting that more slums are coming up an the current slums are expanding like wildfire, take mathare for instance, a small place with population of 500000 people, all Africa countries have slums but kenya slums is on a different level.
the more you chase them from Kibera the more they move to other slums .fact.

Nigerians like dwelling negativity a lot.... "Kibera slum" as you call it is currently undergoing massive transformation. New schools, health facilities, amenities and major infrastructural change. I will share the transformation here.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 9:26am On Nov 19, 2018
Easy. We will eliminate poverty by growing our economy. We are doing 6%. The last decade we lifted 10% of kenyan out of poverty - those are like 5M people out poverty. We are also working on some largest welfare systems - where we send money monthly to poor people through mobile money. I think you don't want me to list all poverty eradication strategies we've got. Suffice to say in 2016 - our poverty was down to 35%(absolute was 25%) - in 2026 if we keep up (and we are) our economic model - we will reduce it to 20-25% ( we are seeing a shift in demographic -demographic dividend) -and by 2030 - we definitely should have less than 20% of our people below 2 dollar per day per person threshold - and would probably have eliminated absolute poverty(1 dollar a day per person).
68816419:

rubbish, I only asked you how do you intend to eradicate the Poverty and saying nonsense,
secondly, how do intent to curb the high rise of other slums been built on daily bases
thirdly, what are the current projects going on in eradicating the high numbers of slums dwellers in other slums areas (not Kibera alone) take mathare who has 50000 slums dwellers,.
nigga can please wake up from your dreams and accept reality on ground?

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 68816419: 9:27am On Nov 19, 2018
rvp20182:
You don't need a crowd when you have facts. That is why a bunch of kenyans are holding your hostage in your own forum. You don't have pictures. You don't have data. You don't have facts. You are running on empty.

Ghana is more like Kenya - so I don't see why Kenyans would move to Ghana or the reverse. Two progressive nations at about same level all factors considered.
and comes their so many Kenyans in Tanzania (at least u claimed to be richer than them ) Sudan, somalia,Uganda and not Ghana?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:29am On Nov 19, 2018
68816419:

rubbish, I only asked you how do you intend to eradicate the Poverty and saying nonsense,
secondly, how do intent to curb the high rise of other slums been built on daily bases
thirdly, what are the current projects going on in eradicating the high numbers of slums dwellers in other slums areas (not Kibera alone) take mathare who has 50000 slums dwellers,.
nigga can please wake up from your dreams and accept reality on ground?
that is not true mathare is so small to house 500k people you have been to Nairobi you could have gone to mathare and see it for your self Nairobi has a housing deficit of only 200k houses and right now the govt is building 500k houses in Nairobi and slums are undergoing major upgrades by 2022 they will be no slums in Kenya

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jaycent(m): 9:31am On Nov 19, 2018
Just30:
frustrated illiterate grin grin grin
Useless illiterate grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 68816419: 9:34am On Nov 19, 2018
Kenyanstar:

Nigerians like dwelling negativity a lot.... "Kibera slum" as you call it is currently undergoing massive transformation. New schools, health facilities, amenities and major infrastructural change. I will share the transformation here.
nice, how about other slums such, mathare,Jua Kali, Mahira, Huruma Ex-Grogon, Kahonoki, Kiamutisya, Baba Dogo Kasabuni, Baba Dogo Kariadudu, Gathecha Lucky Summer, Glucola Lucky Summer, Korogocho, Ngunyumu, Muriambogo, Kabiria.,Kitui, City Carton Buru Buru, Githogoro, Mji wa Huruma, Mukuru, Fuata Nyayo, Kisii, Site Village, Hazina Sokoni, Maili Saba, Mihango, and Mwengenye.
don't you think your government has been concentrating more on Kibera and no major improvement has been recorded, don't you think government are only concern about tourist money and trying to make 2% of the developed parts of Nairobi porch to tourists, or don't you think its because of its proximity to Karen,CBD,upperhill?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 9:36am On Nov 19, 2018
Are you stupid or you just like sounding stupid. Ghana is thousands miles away - otherwise East Africa - allows free movement of people - except for the stupid Tanzania that requires passport - so Kenyans are moving in and out of Uganda, Rwanda and South Sudan - like no border exists. Also ethnic Somalis and Oromos are resident of two countries - and cross the borders to Somali & Ethiopia - anytime they want.

Why Nigeria move thousands of miles away to all countries is the same reason you'll find Somalis everywhere. Their countries have totally collapsed. Somalis are war refugees. Nigerian are economic refugees.

68816419:

and comes their so many Kenyans in Tanzania (at least u claimed to be richer than them ) Sudan, somalia,Uganda and not Ghana?

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jaycent(m): 9:39am On Nov 19, 2018
Just30:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Lord have mercy
first of all
Nestle is not a product, its a company
second
Nestle is not a Nigerian company
third
Nestle Ghana produce all of those products here

you guys just have no shame
Go wash your face and take some tea? lazy Ghanaian grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 9:39am On Nov 19, 2018
Those slums can be eliminated by just giving them titledeed to those land - and that is what Gov is doing. They are slums on because private investment cannot move to grabbed gov land. Gov doesn't develop cities as such. It's the private sector that does the bulk of work. Gov provide services including roads - and now gov will provide social housing.

In any case I don't see how you can eradicate slums when poverty is still rampant - so this conversation need to be seen in wider context.

68816419:

nice, how about other slums such, mathare,Jua Kali, Mahira, Huruma Ex-Grogon, Kahonoki, Kiamutisya, Baba Dogo Kasabuni, Baba Dogo Kariadudu, Gathecha Lucky Summer, Glucola Lucky Summer, Korogocho, Ngunyumu, Muriambogo, Kabiria.,Kitui, City Carton Buru Buru, Githogoro, Mji wa Huruma, Mukuru, Fuata Nyayo, Kisii, Site Village, Hazina Sokoni, Maili Saba, Mihango, and Mwengenye.
don't you think your government has been concentrating more on Kibera and no major improvement has been recorded, don't you think government are only concern about tourist money and trying to make 2% of the developed parts of Nairobi porch to tourists, or don't you think its because of its proximity to Karen,CBD,upperhill?

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 9:41am On Nov 19, 2018
jaycent:
Go wash your face and take some tea? lazy Ghanaian grin
grin grin grin
Ghanaians don't sleep till 8
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 9:43am On Nov 19, 2018
That is pretty impressive. It clear indicator of economic viability of Ghana. I think Kenyan business need to learn more about Ghana. I know majority are thinking Nigeria - but they will be disappointed by that wilderness. They need to skip Nigeria and go to Ghana.

In kenya the only Ghanian people know of is Patrick Quarcoo - who owns media group here in Nairobi and is now a dual Kenya-Ghanian.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Quarcoo

Just30:
Ghana consumes a lot of fuel
Natural gas and other heavy fuels
our current production is not enough and in the future, we will have to import more
If new discoveries are not made.

when ENI comes on stream, they will produce 180 million cubic feet of Gas per day in addition to what jubilee fields are producing and it would still not be enough for Ghana.

Ghana is the single largest gas consumer in West and central Africa

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:44am On Nov 19, 2018
68816419:

buruburu is not a slum is one of the posh estates In Nairobi most of those you have stated are not slums

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:49am On Nov 19, 2018
68816419:

and that is why our govt has made it a priotity in it is agenda to eliminate slums housing is one of the agendas of uhuru kenyatta
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 9:50am On Nov 19, 2018
rvp20182:
That is pretty impressive. It clear indicator of economic viability of Ghana. I think Kenyan business need to learn more about Ghana. I know majority are thinking Nigeria - but they will be disappointed by that wilderness. They need to skip Nigeria and go to Ghana.

In kenya the only Ghanian people know of is Patrick Quarcoo - who owns media group here in Nairobi and is now a dual Kenya-Ghanian.

I will love to see Kenyan firms and Ghanaian firms work together
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 68816419: 9:50am On Nov 19, 2018
tlann:
that is not true mathare is so small to house 500k people you have been to Nairobi you could have gone to mathare and see it for your self Nairobi has a housing deficit of only 200k houses and right now the govt is building 500k houses in Nairobi and slums are undergoing major upgrades by 2022 they will be no slums in Kenya
well, even those I had visited Kibera , mathare and few other slums, my aim of going to kenya was not to visit slums, i was only there on contract bases.
the mathare I visited was worst that than Kibera, as you could see that the county government then was not building roads like what its obtained at Kibera.
the truth is ,kenya can never achieve this goal of eradicating slums in the year 2050, may be year 3000, the best they could do is to build proper infrastructure in these slums but another issues is that, these slums are expanding on daily based and new others are spring up as a result of high cost of leaving,
another major issue is that, most of the allocation are based on tribal sentiment. many people feel left behind and they will surely sabotage any efforts ( if at all their is any).
with these I don't see any improvement any time soon.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 9:52am On Nov 19, 2018
rvp20182:

Sources within the Ghana National Petroleum Corporation (GNPC) have confirmed, exclusively to Citi Business News, that the company’s board has approved the awarding of a long term Liquefied Natural Gas (“LNG”) supply contract to Gazprom, the world’s largest producer of gas.

The long term supply contract is expected to significantly increase the country’s energy security, providing Ghana with 250 MMscf/d of competitively priced gas. The contract will be with Gazprom’s marketing and trading group, headquartered in London with subsidiaries in the USA, Singapore, France, UK and Switzerland.

The contract volumes are sufficient to satisfy more than 1000MW of thermal generating capacity, this coupled with Gazproms experience in large scale gas to power, will go a significant step towards permanently removing the scourge of Dumsor.

It will also position Ghana as an Energy hub facilitating the supply of gas from Ghana to neighbouring countries, creating significant opportunities for employment and enterprise.

The entry into Ghana of a super major gas company will undoubtedly transform the energy sector bringing access to gas related finance and expertise on a world class level. Our research suggests that the deal struck by GNPC and the Ministry of Energy will be underwritten by Gazprom’s large balance sheet with no capital required from government.

Gazprom is the world’s largest supplier of gas and owner of gas related infrastructure.It operates in all parts of the “gas chain” from exploration and production, petrochemicals through to transportation, power production and marketing of Liquefied Natural Gas to customers.

The company’s revenues in 2016 were $100bn, more than double Ghana’s GDP. It is the largest supplier of gas to Western Europe and controls more than 200 billion barrels of energy or 17% of the worlds total overall gas resources. Its portfolio of global assets will allow it to guarantee long term reliable supply for Ghanaians.

The company is a leader in LNG production, with access to more than 50 million metric tonnes of LNG. Its long term supply contract with Ghana will be for 1.7 million metric tonnes (250 MMscf/d) and will be added to existing long term sales to Japan, Korea, China, India, Taiwan, the UK, the USA, Kuwait, the United Arab Emirates, Mexico among others.

Shipping accounts for up to 15-20% of the total LNG gas price.

Citi Business News researchers have been told the supplies to Ghana are likely to be delivered from Ghana’s neighbour Cameroon, where Gazprom has exclusive rights to the gas produced from the SanagaSud and Ebome fields. The location of the resources in close proximity to Ghana will help to guarantee low prices and increase security of supply.

Ghana’s interest in gas is also fuelled by the country’s desire to rid itself of the problems associated with Dumsor and inefficient power generation. Gazprom’s position as the world’s largest producer of gas has allowed it to develop significant expertise in power generation.

As of 2016 it was also the world largest generator of thermal energy owning more than 38,000 GW of power generating capacity. Ghana’s overall thermal generating capacity is close to 3500 MW.Gazprom’s strategy in Russia and other markets has been to utilise its low cost of gas production to deliver low priced and reliable electricity to both industrial and retail users.

In 2016 the company spent more than $2bn on increasing generating capacity in its global portfolio, its access to capital and technological expertise (the company employs 15,000 engineers) allows it to quickly deliver large scale projects.

Citi Business News understands that Gazprom’s power experts have already visited Ghana and have begun negotiations with Ghana’s state agencies regarding implementing a large power project to compliment the arrival of LNG.

Ghana’s initial foray into LNG was marked by transactions with entities with little or no track record.

The decision to partner with a global leader in gas is testament to the government’s ability to attract, to Ghana,high quality international investment and technical competence.

Gazprom’s reliable sources of supply and experience in developing gas to power allow Ghanaians to look forward to a future without Dumsor.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 9:55am On Nov 19, 2018
The failure of Nigeria to even be a reliable gas supplier is the reason why we have to contract Gazprom to deliver LNG to Ghana
all LNG projects will be completed next year.

with all LNG facilities up and running,
Ghana will be supplying gas to alot of countries in West Africa.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 9:55am On Nov 19, 2018
I thik if we get 16 more countries to ratify Free Africa Trade - then it will happen. Ghana like Ethiopia hold the pride of place as the center of pan-africanism that led to continent wide fight against coloniliams. Nigeria is just a loud mouth. A very noisy criminal neighbour you've got. Just like our Somalia neighbour. At least the Tanzania are just lazy, petty, jealous and slow...but not obnoxious.
Just30:
I will love to see Kenyan firms and Ghanaian firms work together

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 9:56am On Nov 19, 2018
samsobo24:
see Ibadan,it is 10,000 miles ahead of Mombasa in development, modernity and influence

Stop insulting Mombasa please.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 9:57am On Nov 19, 2018
How does LNG works in Ghana. In Kenya there are no gas pipelines. We buy gas from steel containers/gas cylinders. Do houses have gas pipeline?
Just30:
The failure of Nigeria to even be a reliable gas supplier is the reason why we have to contract Gazprom to deliver LNG to Ghana
all LNG projects will be completed next year.

with all LNG facilities up and running,
Ghana will be supplying gas to alot of countries in West Africa.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 10:01am On Nov 19, 2018
68816419:

I never knew Buru Buru and Mihango are slums.......especially from the POV of someone from a country whose second and third largest cities are Kano and Ibadan.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 10:02am On Nov 19, 2018
darfay:

Your problem is English, read what I wrote and answer
Don't get me wrong Kenyans banking asset is valued @ $20billion dollars as against ours over $100billion. It was an ignorant Kenyan that claimed our was $40billion not yours. Who dash monkey banana?

This isn't for you but the literate people and Kenyans here:
Kenyan banks’ assets hit Sh4.1 trillion in 2016
https://www.capitalfm.co.ke/business/2017/06/kenyan-banks-assets-hit-sh4-1-trillion-2016/

I can't find anything more recent but as 2019 rolls in we must be at minimum 50 bn$ with the crazy growth:
Data submitted by Central Bank of Kenya puts the total assets of the sector at Sh4.1 trillion, up from Sh3.1 trillion as at December 2015.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 10:08am On Nov 19, 2018
rvp20182:
How does LNG works in Ghana. In Kenya there are no gas pipelines. We buy gas from steel containers/gas cylinders. Do houses have gas pipeline?
no
Houses buy take their cylinders to the nearest gas refilling points to buy gas LPG for domestic use
Because of accidents during refilling, a new policy is being implemented whereby all gas cylinders will be refilled at central refilling points around the country and consumers will just have to placed a call to get a filled gas cylinder delivered to them.

LNG is a condenses natural gas transported across the high seas and the client country will have to have a conversion facility to convert it back to natural gas for industrial use.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 10:11am On Nov 19, 2018
Okay got it. LNG not LPG. Our lazy neighbour Tanzania has tonnes of LNG but will never sell it to sell it us because of petty jealous. The idea that kenya is greater country than them is so consuming. They are thinking of selling it to poor Ugandans.
Just30:
no
Houses buy take their cylinders to the nearest gas refilling points to buy gas LPG for domestic use
Because of accidents during refilling, a new policy is being implemented whereby all gas cylinders will be refilled at central refilling points around the country and consumers will just have to placed a call to get a filled gas cylinder delivered to them.

LNG is a condenses natural gas transported across the high seas and the client country will have to have a conversion facility to convert it back to natural gas for industrial use.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 10:11am On Nov 19, 2018
rvp20182:
I thik if we get 16 more countries to ratify Free Africa Trade - then it will happen. Ghana like Ethiopia hold the pride of place as the center of pan-africanism that led to continent wide fight against coloniliams. Nigeria is just a loud mouth. A very noisy criminal neighbour you've got. Just like our Somalia neighbour. At least the Tanzania are just lazy, petty, jealous and slow...but not obnoxious.
yeah
we've done so well keeping them in check else West Africa will be filled with bandits
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 10:12am On Nov 19, 2018
It probably 60B - 2015 it was 31B - then it jumped 10B to 41B - so 2017 should already be 50B - and as of now we are approaching 60B. Nigeria got nothing - they are somewhere less than 100B. South Africa are on 367.

Actually South Africa had 367B dollars worth of banking asset - as of 2017 - and that is the mount we need to climb. Not NIGERIA.

kikuyu1:

This isn't for you but the literate people and Kenyans here:
https://www.capitalfm.co.ke/business/2017/06/kenyan-banks-assets-hit-sh4-1-trillion-2016/

I can't find anything more recent but as 2019 rolls in we must be at minimum 50 bn$ with the crazy growth:

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 68816419: 10:12am On Nov 19, 2018
rvp20182:
Are you stupid or you just like sounding stupid. Ghana is thousands miles away - otherwise East Africa - allows free movement of people - except for the stupid Tanzania that requires passport - so Kenyans are moving in and out of Uganda, Rwanda and South Sudan - like no border exists. Also ethnic Somalis and Oromos are resident of two countries - and cross the borders to Somali & Ethiopia - anytime they want.

Why Nigeria move thousands of miles away to all countries is the same reason you'll find Somalis everywhere. Their countries have totally collapsed. Somalis are war refugees. Nigerian are economic refugees.

don't you think its because of same distance that exist between Nigeria and Ghana reasons y their are few Kenyans in Nigeria ?
so what would u say about, Indians,Lebanese, Chinese u also find in every poor countries in Africa including urs, don't you think their country is ahead of these country they operates,?
Don't you think dominant countries goes to worst countries as they see opportunities their, why do you think black Kenyans (Kikuyu, Luos..) goes to Somalia,? what would you have to say about Malays,Indonesians,Chinese who risks their lives just to cross to Australia?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 10:15am On Nov 19, 2018
rvp20182:
Okay got it. LNG not LPG. Our lazy neighbour Tanzania has tonnes of LNG but will never sell it to sell it us because of petty jealous. The idea that kenya is greater country than them is so consuming. They are thinking of selling it to poor Ugandans.
I think
its because they don't have the necessary facilities yet
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 10:17am On Nov 19, 2018
We would never built a gas plant if we relied on them. Maybe we talk to Mozambique and have it shipped here. Tanzania would love nothing but to sabotage kenya so we can be equally poor.
Just30:
I think
its because they don't have the necessary facilities yet
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 10:19am On Nov 19, 2018
forgiveness:

1. Safaricom didn't make $2.2b dollars revenue in 2017 which was last year. Instead, Safaricom made Sh45.1b revenue last year(see the first snapshot). It is not even up to 1b dollars after I converted it.

This accounts to 71% of total amount of revenue made by all the telecom in the whole of Kenya in 2017. (See snapshot 2 ) grin

Since, Sh45.1b account for 71% of revenue of all the telecom in Kenya, the remaining 28% will amount to Sh32b Shilling. Approximately, Sh77.1b shilling was the total revenue of telecom industry in Kenya. Now convert that to dollars, you will get $748,440,000 thousand dollars only. That is not even half of Global com revenue of $1.5 billion dollars annually. Bhuhahahaha

This year, Safaricom revenue is just Sh55.3b (snapshot 3). grin. Where did Safaricom make $2.2b? Liar. grin

I'm assuming you don't know the difference between revenue and profit.

Revenue is the total amount of income generated by the sale of goods or services related to the company's primary operations. If the company is a shoe retailer, the money it makes from selling shoes before accounting for any expenses is its revenue. ... Gross profit is revenue minus the cost of goods sold
Make sense of this if you can!

The increased profit was [b]realised from total revenues of Ksh233.7 billion, which grew from Ksh212.9 billion in 2017, [/b]representing a growth of 9.8%. Measured against a net profit growth of 14.1%, the performance shows Safaricom managed to contain costs even as it enhanced customer growth and retention.
https://businesstoday.co.ke/safaricom-2018-profit-hits-sh55billion/

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 68816419: 10:19am On Nov 19, 2018
rvp20182:
Those slums can be eliminated by just giving them titledeed to those land - and that is what Gov is doing. They are slums on because private investment cannot move to grabbed gov land. Gov doesn't develop cities as such. It's the private sector that does the bulk of work. Gov provide services including roads - and now gov will provide social housing.

In any case I don't see how you can eradicate slums when poverty is still rampant - so this conversation need to be seen in wider context.

keep fooling ur self, how many % of these slums dwellers can afford any Appartment been build by private developers?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 10:19am On Nov 19, 2018
Tema LNG Terminal Company Ltd. on Sunday, September 2, 2018, signed an agreement with China Harbour Engineering Company, for the construction of a Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) Terminal to be sited in Tema.

Tema LNG Terminal Company Ltd. is an entity controlled by Helios Investment Partners, the world’s largest Africa-focused private equity fund.

The LNG Terminal is being constructed on the back of a 12-year gas supply agreement that was executed between the Ghana National Petroleum Corporation (GNPC) and Rosneft, a global LNG trader and the world’s largest listed oil producer. Rosneft subsequently engaged Tema LNG Terminal Company for the provision of the regasification services.

The LNG Terminal, which will be completed in 18 months, will be Sub-Saharan Africa’s first regasification terminal, strengthening Ghana’s position as a regional trade and energy hub.

The project, which will generate some 1,600 jobs, is estimated to provide about two million tonnes of liquefied natural gas every year. This would mean that the facility would supply about 30% of Ghana’s total electricity generating capacity, displacing crude oil and crude derivatives as fuel sources for the generation of power.

In addition, a concession agreement signed between the Ghana Ports and Harbours Authority (GPHA) and Tema LNG Terminal Company Ltd, to allow for the siting and operation of the facility within the Tema port, will deliver an annual revenue in excess of $6 million to GPHA throughout the total concession period.

Witnessing the signing of the agreement, in Beijing, China, as part of his official visit to that country, President Akufo-Addo indicated that the Tema LNG Terminal Project is a testament to the efforts his government has put in place over the last 19 months to encourage private sector participation in the growth of the economy.

The President noted that the construction of the terminal is in line with the commitment of his government to providing Ghana with constant, reliable and affordable power supply.

He stressed that “if we are going to succeed in pushing the industrial development of our country rapidly, the supply of gas, which will mean even more affordable rates of power, to our country is now a matter of very great importance for us.”

The Tema LNG Terminal Project is a private sector funded and driven project, led by established international sponsors, such as Rosneft, the world’s largest listed producer of crude oil, and Helios Investment Partners, the world’s largest Africa-focused private equity fund. As such, there was no requirement for capital from Government.

The cost of the project is estimated in excess of some $350 million, of which $200m would be spent directly in Ghana over the next 18 months.

China Harbour Engineering Company, which is already involved in the current Tema port expansion project, is constructing the marine facilities, whilst Jiangnan Shipyard of China will be constructing the floating regasification facility.

The Terminal will be transferred to government (GNPC and GPHA) after 12 years.

The contract was signed by Ogbemi Ofuya, the Director, Tema LNG Terminal Company Ltd, and Lin Yichong, Chairman, China Harbour Engineering Company

Present at the signing ceremony were the Minister for Roads and Highways, Hon. Kwasi Amoako-Atta; Minister for Railways Development, Hon. Joe Ghartey; Minister for Agriculture, Hon. Owusu Afriyie Akoto; Minister for Information-designate, Hon. Kojo Oppong Nkrumah; and the Chief Executive Officer of the Ghana Investment Promotion Centre, Mr. Yofi Grant, amongst others.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2435) (2436) (2437) (2438) (2439) (2440) (2441) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.