Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,277 members, 7,836,243 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (2437) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6244376 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2434) (2435) (2436) (2437) (2438) (2439) (2440) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 8:07am On Nov 19, 2018
jaycent:
Look at this useless illiterate Ghanaian? nestle is a Nigerian products? big criminal?We brought nestle products in your poverty country. olodo?
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Lord have mercy
first of all
Nestle is not a product, its a company
second
Nestle is not a Nigerian company
third
Nestle Ghana produce all of those products here

you guys just have no shame

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 68816419: 8:08am On Nov 19, 2018
tlann:
Our govt is doing something about slums in Nairobi there is alot of housing projects in kibera and other slums there are alot of slum upgrading projects in Nairobi what is your govt doing about slums in your cities like makoko slum we are not paid by any govt iam not a big fan of the current Kenyan govt we all know here in this forum Kenya ranks ahead of naija in infrastructure index
I am really sad now , how can 60% of population leaves in a land mass of less than 6% that is Kibera slums, the government may be trying but the slum dwellers keeps increase as a result of high cost of housing in the tiny developed part of nairobi,I really don't see it getting improved any time soon as your government as politicized it and concentrate mostly of its development on CBD and SGR (which average Kenyans complains about the high cost of it )
don't forget that CBD is mostly for business, this slum dwellers goes to CBD to hustle then goes back to their slums.
I also realised that their are worst slums than Kibera, I learnt that Kibera is a child play in comparison with slums like mathare and others.
lastly, your government mostly concentrate on Kibera forgetting that more slums are coming up an the current slums are expanding like wildfire, take mathare for instance, a small place with population of 500000 people, all Africa countries have slums but kenya slums is on a different level.
the more you chase them from Kibera the more they move to other slums .fact.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kenyanstar: 8:08am On Nov 19, 2018
samsobo24:

No wonder Nigeria rules Africa, even small projects like mega bus terminals,transport interchange and other transport projects that are constructed every where on the mainland cannot be compared to pictures of malls and shops.Every where across Lagos is developing at a faster rate and these ones only show malls.
A Nigerians answer to your ignorance.... I think the furthest you have gone outside your village is Sambisa forest grin grin grin
BedLam:
My deductions...Nairobi has more Malls than the whole of Nigeria. I kid you not!

At a point, you'd think this is India because there are a lot of Indians, for the fact that they have "BANK OF INDIA" here should tell you a lot that it is an international investment capital in Africa.

BedLam:
The night life here is amazing! There are stores and restaurants that open 24/7. You can get anything you want.

claremont:
Lovely thread OP. I have visited Kenya a few times and loved every minute of my time there. Infact, I consider myself more Kenyan than Nigerian because I not only lived there on and off for a couple of months, but I also dated a cute little Kenyan lady at some point. I spent most of my time in Kenya up North in the rural suburbs like Nanyuki and Isiolo due to the nature of my job then, I really enjoyed living in the remote towns. Kenya is an amazing country where things actually work as the should, it will take Nigeria a good few years to get to the point Kenya is at the moment. The respect they have for their wildlife alone is something Nigerians should emulate. You need to try their food i.e. Ugali + vegetables + barbecue meat/fish. This thread fills me with nostalgic memories. grin
Below pictures of a rural setting... Villagers picking tea leaves on their farms

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 8:16am On Nov 19, 2018
I think you need to understand how we classify slums - majority of Nigeria cities would be 100% slums- if you stick to UN Habitat (Global HQ Nairobi) definition of a slum. Slums cannot be eliminated until we eliminate poverty and that aint happening until 2050. What we can do is to provide social housing - something we haven't done with serious - slums upgrading was left to WB/NGOS/UN - but know we are starting very serious work there - with target of 0.5M houses - that should easily lift 2-3M people off slums.
68816419:

I am really sad now , how can 60% of population leaves in a land mass of less than 6% that is Kibera slums, the government may be trying but the slum dwellers keeps increase as a result of high cost of housing in the tiny developed part of nairobi,I really don't see it getting improved any time soon as your government as politicized it and concentrate mostly of its development on CBD and SGR (which average Kenyans complains about the high cost of it )
don't forget that CBD is mostly for business, this slum dwellers goes to CBD to hustle then goes back to their slums.
I also realised that their are worst slums than Kibera, I learnt that Kibera is a child play in comparison with slums like mathare and others

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 8:18am On Nov 19, 2018
achimotan:
+233(0)303-966-922 Login
logo
Toggle navigation
Directory

HomeDirectoryFood

Nestle Ghana Lmited
Website http://www.nestleghana.com
Facebook
GooglePlus

Description
Nestlé Ghana Limited started business in Ghana in 1957 under the trading name of Nestlé Products (Gh) Limited with the importation of Nestlé products such as milk and chocolates. In 1968, it was incorporated as Food Specialties (Gh) Limited to manufacture and market locally well known Nestlé brands. The company became Nestlé Ghana Limited in 1987. In 1971 the production of the IDEAL Milk and MILO started at the Tema Factory. The factory has since been further developed and now also produces CARNATION milks, CHOCOLIM, CHOCOMILO CEREVITA, CERELAC and NESCAFÉ 3 in 1. These products are not only produced for Ghana but also exported across West Africa. In 2003, Nestlé Ghana Ltd invested in a new warehouse, the Central Distribution centre, located next to the factory in Tema. The company also runs sales offices with warehouses in Kumasi, Takoradi, Koforidua and Tamale. The business activity of Nestlé Ghana Ltd is a direct contribution to the Ghanaian economy. For all these and other endeavours, Nestlé Ghana Ltd has been recognized by Government and other bodies as a responsible citizen.

Location Information
Location Tema
Region Greater Accra
Street Address
Postal Address Nestlé Consumer Services, PMB KIA Accra, Ghana
Contact Information
Name Nestle Ghana Lmited
Phone Number + 233 302-517020
Fax

Promasidor producers of cowbell milk and onga also have a factory in Ghana.You remind me of one of compatriots who once claimed Fan milk is produced from Nigeria and sold in Ghana.Meanwhile the company had been in Ghana for years and was even listed on the stock exchange.
Very soon you would claim products of Unilever and cadbury are not produced Ghana but are shipped from Lagos

Nigerians can be so stupid to the extend that you sometimes question if they are even Human at all
they lack the ability to reason grin grin grin grin grin grin
All they know is to lay claim to the successes of others

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 8:19am On Nov 19, 2018
darfay:

Where is their Dubai hq? Did you quit them from Yaba?

This is very old news.. I gave you cradible first hand info..

Just believe on what you want. Jumia Hq is in Nigeria hope that makes you happy dispite the fact that it's not true.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 8:25am On Nov 19, 2018
Kenya Banks regional footprint

Equity DRC becomes-most-profitable-subsidiary

https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/news/equity-DRC-branch-becomes-most-profitable-subsidiary/539546-4723116-yu9n6q/index.html

10 Kenyan banks, including the KCB, DTB, Bank of Africa and Equity Bank, operate in other countries in East Africa and South Sudan. Kenyan banks operate
140 branches in Uganda,
96 in Tanzania,
55 in Rwanda,
33 in South Sudan
and 9 in Burundi.
The biggest cross-border banks are the KCB and DTB with 64 regional branches each. Others include, I&M Bank, with a 50% shareholding in Bank One Mauritius; Prime Bank, with a 22.5% share in First Merchant Bank of Malawi; and Equity Bank, which acquired a subsidiary in Democratic Republic of Congo.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 8:25am On Nov 19, 2018
darfay:

Be deceiving yourselves. Over 60% of students in Ghanaian universities are Nigerians
grin grin grin grin grin keep on laying claims
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 8:29am On Nov 19, 2018
Their country leadership has fed them the delusion that they are BEST in Africa. Now in the face of overwhelming facts that they are just far from leading but actually are as crap as Niger or Chad they just can't handle it.You can also tell majority of them got very poor education. I was just thinking it their wicked English pronunciation - I mean Ghanians speak the right way like Kenyans - but the more I stay here - the more I am convinced the rot in their society is VERY DEEP.

Just30:
Nigerians can be so stupid to the extend that you sometimes question if they are even Human at all
they lack the ability to reason grin grin grin grin grin grin
All they know is to lay claim to the successes of others

5 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 68816419: 8:35am On Nov 19, 2018
rvp20182:
Kenya Banks regional footprint

Equity DRC becomes-most-profitable-subsidiary

https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/news/equity-DRC-branch-becomes-most-profitable-subsidiary/539546-4723116-yu9n6q/index.html

10 Kenyan banks, including the KCB, DTB, Bank of Africa and Equity Bank, operate in other countries in East Africa and South Sudan. Kenyan banks operate
140 branches in Uganda,
96 in Tanzania,
55 in Rwanda,
33 in South Sudan
and 9 in Burundi.
The biggest cross-border banks are the KCB and DTB with 64 regional branches each. Others include, I&M Bank, with a 50% shareholding in Bank One Mauritius; Prime Bank, with a 22.5% share in First Merchant Bank of Malawi; and Equity Bank, which acquired a subsidiary in Democratic Republic of Congo.
can you compare Kenyan banks and Nigerian banks in terms of regional and international out Rich?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 68816419: 8:44am On Nov 19, 2018
rvp20182:
Their country leadership has fed them the delusion that they are BEST in Africa. Now in the face of overwhelming facts that they are just far from leading but actually are as crap as Niger or Chad they just can't handle it.You can also tell majority of them got very poor education. I was just thinking it their wicked English pronunciation - I mean Ghanians speak the right way like Kenyans - but the more I stay here - the more I am convinced the rot in their society is VERY DEEP.

hahaha more like a a charcoal calling pot black, we Nigerians understand our challenges and we face it right away (go to nairaland page and u shall see it,) unlike U stupid poor Kenyans who leaves in delusions ,Nigerians don't hide anything,
haven't we shown you beyond reasonable doubt that we far ahead of Kenya, haven't we shown u facts and figures ?, man, Nigeria is far better than Kenya in most aspects and that is nothing you can do, we have shown u guys and we shall keep showing u over and over again till u accept the reality.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 8:46am On Nov 19, 2018
If you factor per capita yes and the fact that Nigerian bank sector is forced consolidation (Igbo lady) then another yes - We have 45 banks. Let not talk about co-operative and micro-finance sector that dwarf Nigeria. Lets not even talk about mobile money - which now easily see 45B dollars (half our GDP) moved btw phones.

Our finance sector is just more sophisticated and even in scale - they are going to overtake Nigeria soon.

68816419:

can you compare Kenyan banks and Nigerian banks in terms of regional and international out Rich?

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 8:47am On Nov 19, 2018
rvp20182:

they society is rotten to the core
These Nigerians are so afraid of competition to the extent that, they are banning common Maize import grin grin grin grin
Yet they think they have a right to flood Ghana and do petty trading grin grin grin

Ghana import a billion dollars worth of meat and fresh vegetables from Burkina Faso
Just imagine what will happen to Burkina Faso economy, if Ghana place a ban on the import of those products
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 8:50am On Nov 19, 2018
No you haven't. To be better than Kenya in anything - you need to be like 4 times better! Ghana - maybe 5 or 6 times! - you're a country of 198M people - we are 49M!!!!!.

You've shown us to be at best twice or less Kenya in scale/volume - but less sophistication - in name any metrics. That is NOT being better than Kenya - that is being TWICE WORSE.

You guys really need to prioritize QUALITY EDUCATION SYSTEM. We are now on our 3rd overhaul of our BEST IN AFRICA education - so we produce PEOPLE WHO CAN THINK AND MAKE SOUND ARGUMENTS.Reading Nairaland is depressing.
68816419:

hahaha more like a a charcoal calling pot black, we Nigerians understand our challenges and we face it right away (go to nairaland page and u shall see it,) unlike U stupid poor Kenyans who leaves in delusions ,Nigerians don't hide anything,
haven't we shown you beyond reasonable doubt that we far ahead of Kenya, haven't we shown u facts and figures ?, man, Nigeria is far better than Kenya in most aspects and that is nothing you can do, we have shown u guys and we shall keep showing u over and over again till u accept the reality.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 8:54am On Nov 19, 2018
It was insightful when the so called biggest economy in Africa was hesitant to sign the Africa Free Trade. Now it's Ghana, Kenya,Rwanda and South Africa who have signed and ratified. The Giant mess of Africa apparently fears competition...and yet they claim to have manufacturing sector that dwarf us smiley.

I tell you Ghana - you've got a great country that is on the right track like Kenya. Nigeria cannot be helped. God gave them 2M barrels per annum for last 50yrs and it still one giant mess.

I mean if Oil has not transformed Nigeria - what will transform it?

Just30:
they society is rotten to the core
These Nigerians are so afraid of competition to the extent that, they are banning common Maize import grin grin grin grin
Yet they think they have a right to flood Ghana and do petty trading grin grin grin

Ghana import a billion dollars worth of meat and fresh vegetables from Burkina Faso
Just imagine what will happen to Burkina Faso economy, if Ghana place a ban on the import of those products

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 68816419: 8:55am On Nov 19, 2018
rvp20182:
I think you need to understand how we classify slums - majority of Nigeria cities would be 100% slums- if you stick to UN Habitat (Global HQ Nairobi) definition of a slum. Slums cannot be eliminated until we eliminate poverty and that aint happening until 2050. What we can do is to provide social housing - something we haven't done with serious - slums upgrading was left to WB/NGOS/UN - but know we are starting very serious work there - with target of 0.5M houses - that should easily lift 2-3M people off slums.
its easy said than done man, I know you will always defend your country, but be realistic for once, I thought your goal was 2030 ? how do you intend to lift these poor people from poverty ? are these slums housing projects meant for the the so called poor slum Kenyans or the rich corrupt politician? how do you intend to address the new slums springing out on a daily bases at other locations? what do you think of the faiths of the Kibera slums dwellers whose houses has been demolished of recent , don't you think they would have no option than to move to other slums? was the so called housing projects allocated to these over 30000 former slums inhabitants .?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 68816419: 8:57am On Nov 19, 2018
rvp20182:
It was insightful when the so called biggest economy in Africa was hesitant to sign the Africa Free Trade. Now it's Ghana, Kenya,Rwanda and South Africa who have signed and ratified. The Giant mess of Africa apparently fears competition...and yet they claim to have manufacturing sector that dwarf us smiley.

I tell you Ghana - you've got a great country that is on the right track like Kenya. Nigeria cannot be helped. God gave them 2M barrels per annum for last 50yrs and it still one giant mess.

guess u now have Ghanaians as a new friend to console your defeat, but how comes their ain't many Kenyans in Ghana, I am guessing Ghana is as woeful as Nigeria?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 9:00am On Nov 19, 2018
I think you need to understand what I mean by eliminate poverty. I am talking like most of north-africa - egypt, morocco and algeria - have 0-1% poverty - we are talking both absolute poverty(1 dollar) or poverty(2 dollars a day per person) international measure. South Africa has poverty of 10-15%. That I think is where we will be in 2030..we will have national poverty of 15% - from current 35% - and then by 2050 - we will be like Egypt with zero absolute poverty.

Slums - we are not just talking - we have already started raising funds - through heavy taxation - for Housing - our top 4 agenda in the next 5yrs. We did the same for electricity - in 2006 we had only 12% electricity - we are now well into 75% and should achieve universal electricity coverage like South Africa.

We are doing housings, universal health care, food security and manufacturing. Kenya is not Nigeria wilderness. We set achievable goals.

68816419:

its easy said than done man, I know you will always defend your country, but be realistic for once, I thought your goal was 2030 ? how do you intend to lift these poor people from poverty ? are these slums housing projects meant for the the so called poor slum Kenyans or the rich corrupt politician? how do you intend to address the new slums springing out on a daily bases at other locations? what do you think of the faiths of the Kibera slums dwellers whose houses has been demolished of recent , don't you think they would have no option than to move to other slums? was the so called housing projects allocated to these over 30000 former slums inhabitants .?

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 68816419: 9:02am On Nov 19, 2018
rvp20182:
Do you define rusted or brown roof as slums as well, or isn't it the same UN habitat that classified Kenya to be having largest slums in Africa or may be they haven't been to Nigeria before or they may be very bias to kenya?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 9:03am On Nov 19, 2018
You don't need a crowd when you have facts. That is why a bunch of kenyans are holding your hostage in your own forum. You don't have pictures. You don't have data. You don't have facts. You are running on empty.

Ghana is more like Kenya - so I don't see why Kenyans would move to Ghana or the reverse. Two progressive nations at about same level all factors considered.
68816419:

guess u now have Ghanaians as a new friend to console your defeat, but how comes their ain't many Kenyans in Ghana, I am guessing Ghana is as woeful as Nigeria?

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 9:05am On Nov 19, 2018
Someone exaggerated the size of Kibera - you know Nairobi is NGO capital of the world - otherwise Kibera as you know is very small slum - about 5kms square or less - and has only 170K residences - not 1M as alleged.

Definition of slums - included rusted iron roof houses - that is pretty good indicator of a slum - you see them same in kibera.

68816419:

Do you define rusted or brown roof as slums as well, or isn't it the same UN habitat that classified Kenya to be having largest slums in Africa or may be they haven't been to Nigeria before or they may be very bias to kenya?

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 9:06am On Nov 19, 2018
rvp20182:

grin grin grin grin
im even wondering

A country that fears import from even Burkina Faso is calling itself giant
i cant stop laughing
Trade between Ghana and Nigeria is less than 60 million dollars without adding oil
yet these buffons say they control the Ghanaian economy

can you imagine that grin grin grin
Ghana import a billion dollars of oil and gas products from Nigeria and if they joke
we will take our monies away and give it to Equatorial Guinea

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 68816419: 9:09am On Nov 19, 2018
rvp20182:
If you factor per capita yes and the fact that Nigerian bank sector is forced consolidation (Igbo lady) then another yes - We have 45 banks. Let not talk about co-operative and micro-finance sector that dwarf Nigeria. Lets not even talk about mobile money - which now easily see 45B dollars (half our GDP) moved btw phones.

Our finance sector is just more sophisticated and even in scale - they are going to overtake Nigeria soon.

spitt on you man ,WTF was that, I asked u regional outreach and u rsaying nonsense.
let me paraphrase it for u once more, how many kenya banks are in west Africa countries (not even Nigeria) and how many Nigerians banks are in Kenya not even Africa countries?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 9:10am On Nov 19, 2018
I thought Tullow discovered Oil in Ghana and it's currently being produced? I tell the more I analyze the paper giant of Africa the worse it gets. Just mere 60M dollars. And they think petty traders or hawkers - informal trading - is actually BIG DEAL.
Just30:
grin grin grin grin
im even wondering

A country that fears import from even Burkina Faso is calling itself giant
i cant stop laughing
Trade between Ghana and Nigeria is less than 60 million dollars without adding oil
yet these buffons say they control the Ghanaian economy

can you imagine that grin grin grin
Ghana import a billion dollars of oil and gas products from Nigeria and if they joke
we will take our monies away and give it to Equatorial Guinea

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 9:12am On Nov 19, 2018
68816419:

cos the logistics of moving between Kenya and Ghana is non-existent.
It amazes me sometimes when you can't find Kenyan brand of tea on the shelves meanwhile, they make some of the best teas in the world but we can easily find ZEPTA and co
that is why the free trade agreement is necessary while we work on the logistics
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 9:13am On Nov 19, 2018
Let me ask you - how many Nigerian banks in Kenya are making profit - Zero. Our banking regional strategy is not like Nigeria - where we just rush all over and burn capital. As you can see we are doing deep and profitable sweep of the region. Not just rushing to buy struggling banks in Eritrea or Chad - our banks are going to dominate East Africa -not just be there - and get to West Africa - very soon.

That is why our banks are the MOST PROFITABLE in Africa - and yet we cap interest rate now - to now more than 13%(4% the base lending rate). Nigeria you'd be lucky with 25% interest rate on your loan grin

68816419:

spitt on you man ,WTF was that, I asked u regional outreach and u rsaying nonsense.
let me paraphrase it for u once more, how many kenya banks are in west Africa countries (not even Nigeria) and how many Nigerians banks are in Kenya not even Africa countries?

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 9:15am On Nov 19, 2018
rvp20182:
You're predictably an illeterate Nigerian who can't distinguish btw profit and revenues.I will respond to the banking nonsense in few hours with facts

My apologies. grin

Despite that, Safaricom 2017 revenue is not 2.5b dollars. Olodo rabata.

It's just Ksh212. 9b(see snapshot 1) which is just 2b dollars (see snapshot 2) and that accounts for 71% of all telecom revenue in Kenya. Bhuhahahaha.

Even Glo made 1.5b dollars revenue in 2017 and it is just 26% of revenue generated from telecom. Poor

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 9:15am On Nov 19, 2018
Precisely. With Africa Free Trade - Kenya and Ghana will start to trade - and possibly even have free movement of labour. Nigeria obviously will not want it's bare back to be exposed.
Just30:
cos the logistics of moving between Kenya and Ghana is non-existent.
It amazes me sometimes when you can't find Kenyan brand of tea on the shelves meanwhile, they make some of the best teas in the world but we can easily find ZEPTA and co
that is why the free trade agreement is necessary while we work on the logistics

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 68816419: 9:18am On Nov 19, 2018
rvp20182:
I think you need to understand what I mean by eliminate poverty. I am talking like most of north-africa - egypt, morocco and algeria - have 0-1% poverty - we are talking both absolute poverty(1 dollar) or poverty(2 dollars a day per person) international measure. South Africa has poverty of 10-15%. That I think is where we will be in 2030..we will have national poverty of 15% - from current 35% - and then by 2050 - we will be like Egypt with zero absolute poverty.

Slums - we are not just talking - we have already started raising funds - through heavy taxation - for Housing - our top 4 agenda in the next 5yrs. We did the same for electricity - in 2006 we had only 12% electricity - we are now well into 75% and should achieve universal electricity coverage like South Africa.

We are doing housings, universal health care, food security and manufacturing. Kenya is not Nigeria wilderness. We set achievable goals.

rubbish, I only asked you how do you intend to eradicate the Poverty and saying nonsense,
secondly, how do intent to curb the high rise of other slums been built on daily bases
thirdly, what are the current projects going on in eradicating the high numbers of slums dwellers in other slums areas (not Kibera alone) take mathare who has 50000 slums dwellers,.
nigga can please wake up from your dreams and accept reality on ground?

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:18am On Nov 19, 2018
68816419:

I also realised that their are worst slums than Kibera, I learnt that Kibera is a child play in comparison with slums like mathare and others.
lastly, your government mostly concentrate on Kibera forgetting that more slums are coming up an the current slums are expanding like wildfire, take mathare for instance, a small place with population of 500000 people, all Africa countries have slums but kenya slums is on a different level.
the more you chase them from Kibera the more they move to other slums .fact.
that is not true at all not 60% of nairobi live in slums you don't believe those numbers Those are NGOs trying to fleece international donors have you read about kibera missing numbers they said that Kibera has 2.5million people while in real sense kibera has only 250,000 people and it is largest in kenya so mathare cant have 500,000 people
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 9:18am On Nov 19, 2018
Not everyone is liar like you're accosted to in Nigeria. Go back and read again what I wrote. this time slowly. I told Safaricom annual revenues 2017 was 2.2B. I also told you the 1st HALF OF 2018 Safaricom already had 7% increase in revenue and extrapolated/predicted that this year it will end at 2.5B dollars.

I also did the same for MTN - your dominant player - and concluded the sector annual revenue for telcoms will roughly be 4B dollars in Kenya - against Nigeria 8.5B.

And profitability wise - I am betting kenya telcom sector is most likely more profitable.

forgiveness:

My apologies. grin

Despite that, Safaricom 2017 revenue is not 2.5b dollars. Olodo rabata.

It's just Ksh212. 9b(see snapshot 1) which is just 2b dollars (see snapshot 2) and that accounts for 71% of all telecom revenue in Kenya. Bhuhahahaha.

Even Glo made 1.5b dollars revenue in 2017 and it is just 26% of revenue generated from telecom. Poor

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 9:21am On Nov 19, 2018
rvp20182:
I thought Tullow discovered Oil in Ghana and it's currently being produced? I tell the more I analyze the paper giant of Africa the worse it gets. Just mere 60M dollars. And they think petty traders or hawkers - informal trading - is actually BIG DEAL.
Ghana consumes a lot of fuel
Natural gas and other heavy fuels
our current production is not enough and in the future, we will have to import more
If new discoveries are not made.

when ENI comes on stream, they will produce 180 million cubic feet of Gas per day in addition to what jubilee fields are producing and it would still not be enough for Ghana.

Ghana is the single largest gas consumer in West and central Africa

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2434) (2435) (2436) (2437) (2438) (2439) (2440) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.