Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,879 members, 7,838,147 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (3163) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6248151 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3160) (3161) (3162) (3163) (3164) (3165) (3166) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kur17: 2:08pm On Jan 28, 2019
theenchanter:
yeah, keep overtaking them, south africa is ur target.

Only on nairaland. grin

I see it pains you so deeply grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by edon21: 2:15pm On Jan 28, 2019
Jonraid:
''The Federal government tried to hold Naira at N195-200 to Dollar. Still, the real price for Naira at the black market was about N300 to one dollar. It also created corruption schemes, where banks bought dollars for N200 and sold them at the black market for N300.''

''This problem stays the same in 2017. The CBN exchange rate Naira to USD is N315 to 1. At the same time, the black market sells one dollar for 375 Naira. International investors do not desire to conduct affairs with this exchange rate. It means that Nigeria can`t expect investments from international partners. International banking institutions give Nigerians the same advice – "set your currency free". It will stabilize the economy and invite a lot of investors in the country. Moreover, it will destroy corruption schemes where banks buy from the CBN for N315 to 1 and sell at the black market for N375 to 1.''

Read more: https://www.legit.ng/1106117-naira-cedis-which-valuable.html
what ll you say on this

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 2:20pm On Jan 28, 2019
Are you really getting our point? The Yen is 109 to the dollar while the shilling is 101 to the dollar.This is a different conversation altogether.We are talking about the DOUBLE OR TRIPLE exchange rate in Nigeria!
edon21:

what ll you say on this
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by theenchanter: 2:20pm On Jan 28, 2019
Kur17:

I see it pains you so deeply grin
pains?

I'm only mimicking ur goons belief. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 2:23pm On Jan 28, 2019
Who said our economy is juicy? We just say that it is not a resource propped economy! Don't tell me that your government is enjoying the low crude prices? grin

WE ARE THE LARGEST NON-RESOURCE BASED ECONOMY IN AFRICA!
theenchanter:
the thing is, ur economy is not as juicy as portrayed, I'm not just interested in long unnecessary argument.

But if u'll be cool headed and won't resort to cheap talk, we can discuss both countries economy here.

With no emotions.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 2:34pm On Jan 28, 2019
rvp2018:
Only about 8-10B - of 25B external loan - that we owe - are commercial - the rest are concessionary - low interest long maturity. Therefore there is no debt crisis.

We have nearly the same revenues - and you owe 78B dollars - we owe 56B. You know who has problem repaying.

Just check revenue to debt. Nobody cares about fake GDP to debt. You don't repay debt with GDP - you repay with gov revenues.

State Kenya's government revenue. We don't have nearly the same revenue.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 2:36pm On Jan 28, 2019
Nothing in there is cooked. Our agricluture sector data are solid. You minister of agriculture cannot tell you what Nigeria produces.He was last seen quoting IndexiMulli when asked to verify the amount of rice Nigeria produces. Yemi Kale of NBS - cannot tell you where he fishes agriculture sector. No Nigeria here can tell you that - there is nothing of worth exported - so it hard to verify.

Our agriculture for most case is world class. We are the world largest tea exporter. We are now Africa largest dairy sector - producing more than 5B liters of Milk from our high grade cows. We are Africa largest horticulture market - we produces tonnes of vegetables & fruits - sold in Europe supermarkts. We produce about 25% of all flowers sold in Europe. We are now one of world largest producers of some nuts.

We export I think nearly 4B dollars worth of agriculture.

That leave us with what we produce and consume internally.

We know how many bags of Irish potatos we produce.We know how many bags of maize we produces, how many tonnes of sugar or rice or wheat we produce. We also know how many sheep or goats or pigs or chicken we slaughter or produce.

Don't just shout cooked. Provide proof like I did.

theenchanter:
according to d mumu rvp, d guy will be like....their agriculture is 25% of GDP, so their agriculture is worth $20b, producing just tea n coffee.

Their GDP is cooked, mumu guy. grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 2:38pm On Jan 28, 2019
edon21:

what ll you say on this
He is an idi.ot. They are a complete waste of time. Some of us just come here when we are bored to pull their strings and make them show their stupidity. You can always count on them to be available. Like the idiot who thinks 1.3 is the same as 0. grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 2:38pm On Jan 28, 2019
Kur17:
Constructions everywhere...
What construction?? you've been showing same pictures since the start of this thread. We have shown you development spread wide across Naija, but you just recycle same picture, front and back all the time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 2:48pm On Jan 28, 2019
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by theenchanter: 2:49pm On Jan 28, 2019
[quote author=Jonraid post=75195887
]Agriculture is actually more than just tea and coffee.You know that! To come up with that 25 b,you'll have to factor in each price of the maize bag produced,the value of the millions of liters of milk sold in the economy to the hides and skins that were sold locally and exported and e.t.c[
/sup]Nigeria has d largest agricultural sector in africa, being d largest producer of about 5 agricultural products in d world. So, ur agricultural sector is still a child's play compared to Nigeria's. U're not known as being d largest producer of any product in d world.

[sup]
What's funny about your GDP is that your export billions from agriculture or any other sector combined don't even shock Kenyans
we don't expect it to shock u in d first place.
Look at South Africa's exports for example.Look at their bank assets which are worth 400b,Nigeria's ones are around 100b and Kenya's ones around 41b as quoted from[
/sup]lol, i find this funny. I dont know south africa's bank worth, but I doubt if it's up to that and $41b in kenya will only pass as about $8b in Nigeria. grin

[sup]Nigeria's larger GDP than South Africa doesn't seem to compete with it in almost all indices! This is why we found your GDP FUNNY!
that's ur cup of tea n u can forward ur complaints to d imf. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 2:50pm On Jan 28, 2019
rvp2018:
Nothing in there is cooked. Our agricluture sector data are solid. You minister of agriculture cannot tell you what Nigeria produces.He was last seen quoting IndexiMulli when asked to verify the amount of rice Nigeria produces. Yemi Kale of NBS - cannot tell you where he fishes agriculture sector. No Nigeria here can tell you that - there is nothing of worth exported - so it hard to verify.

Our agriculture for most case is world class. We are the world largest tea exporter. We are now Africa largest dairy sector - producing more than 5B liters of Milk from our high grade cows. We are Africa largest horticulture market - we produces tonnes of vegetables & fruits - sold in Europe supermarkts. We produce about 25% of all flowers sold in Europe. We are now one of world largest producers of some nuts.

We know how many bags of Irish potatos we produce.We know how many bags of maize we produces, how many tonnes of sugar or rice or wheat we produce. We also know how many sheep or goats or pigs or chicken we slaughter or produce.

Your biggest export is horticulture which produced about $3bn. What other things do you export and what's their value? You claimed you exported $4bn worth of agriculture. Care to show proofs?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kur17: 2:55pm On Jan 28, 2019
Daejoyoung:

What construction?? you've been showing same pictures since the start of this thread. We have shown you development spread wide across Naija, but you just recycle same picture, front and back all the time.

You've shown us "Lekki" only once, right?
Do you have any other construction going on...

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by theenchanter: 2:55pm On Jan 28, 2019
Jonraid:
Who said our economy is juicy? We just say that it is not a resource propped economy! Don't tell me that your government is enjoying the low crude prices? grin

WE ARE THE LARGEST NON-RESOURCE BASED ECONOMY IN AFRICA!
mumu, u keep deceiving urselves.

Read about Morroco.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 2:56pm On Jan 28, 2019
So rich. That is why Nigeria is so poor. If only you could be more productive. Again Egypt reduce their poverty from highs of 20s in 90s to zero. 1.3% was in 2015.
obaaderemi:
He is an idi.ot. They are a complete waste of time. Some of us just come here when we are bored to pull their strings and make them show their stupidity. You can always count on them to be available. Like the idiot who thinks 1.3 is the same as 0. grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 2:58pm On Jan 28, 2019
Morocco is a resource based one.Don't be a simpleton!
theenchanter:
mumu, u keep deceiving urselves.

Read about Morroco.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 3:00pm On Jan 28, 2019
You've basically said nothing!Poor lad,I bet you are a high-school dropout! Ibrahimanis might actually help you come forward with coherent arguments!
theenchanter:
[quote author=Jonraid post=75195887/sup]Nigeria has d largest agricultural sector in africa, being d largest producer of about 5 agricultural products in d world. So, ur agricultural sector is still a child's play compared to Nigeria's. U're not known as being d largest producer of any product in d world.

[sup].
we don't expect it to shock u in d first place.
/sup]lol, i find this funny. I dont know south africa's bank worth, but I doubt if it's up to that and $41b in kenya will only pass as about $8b in Nigeria. grin

that's ur cup of tea n u can forward ur complaints to d imf. grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 3:09pm On Jan 28, 2019
Our biggest export is tea. We should be exporting nearly 1.5B dollars worth of tea now. Horticulture is also nearly 1.5B dollars. That should give your roughly 3B dollars. If you need still help with 1B dollar - then coffee is around 200-300M dollars. You probably still need my help to find you 700M worth of agricluture export or can you do this on your own. Fish and related should set you around 100M dollars. Still need help finding 600M dollars?
obaaderemi:
Your biggest export is horticulture which produced about $3bn. What other things do you export and what's their value? You claimed you exported $4bn worth of agriculture. Care to show proofs?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by theenchanter: 3:12pm On Jan 28, 2019
rvp2018:

all u posted are filled with LIES, u're already a known prevaricator.

U're not among d 5 largest producers of all u mentioned apart from tea n camel milk.

But ur agricultural sector is 25%, why export $4b worth of products?

Ur gdp is cooked, i tell u. grin

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 3:12pm On Jan 28, 2019
We knew Buhari as a Fulani who loves cows,that explains why we took him to Brookside when he visited Kenya!

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by theenchanter: 3:14pm On Jan 28, 2019
Jonraid:
You've basically said nothing!Poor lad,I bet you are a high-school dropout! Ibrahimanis might actually help you come forward with coherent arguments!
i'm only playing around u, dont take it personally.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by theenchanter: 3:15pm On Jan 28, 2019
Jonraid:
Morocco is a resource based one.Don't be a simpleton!
prove it.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 3:16pm On Jan 28, 2019
Our horticulture is worth 3.5 BILLION DOLLARS! https://www.nation.co.ke/business/Horticulture-nets-Kenya-Sh305-billion/996-4489854-ut965tz/index.html
rvp2018:
Our biggest export is tea. We should be exporting nearly 1.5B dollars worth of tea now. Horticulture is also nearly 1.5B dollars. That should give your roughly 3B dollars. If you need still help with 1B dollar - then coffee is around 200-300M dollars. You probably still need my help to find you 700M worth of agricluture export or can you do this on your own. Fish and related should set you around 100M dollars. Still need help finding 600M dollars?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 3:18pm On Jan 28, 2019
Can you locate Morocco in the map? Minerals play an important role in it's economy!https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Morocco

theenchanter:
prove it.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 3:21pm On Jan 28, 2019
edon21:

old??
do you have a sight problem

Iam just being honest
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 3:22pm On Jan 28, 2019
We produce worth 3.5 billion US dollars worth of horticultural produce.This is horticulture alone,so what is 4b to Kenya's Agriculture?

https://www.nation.co.ke/business/Horticulture-nets-Kenya-Sh305-billion/996-4489854-ut965tz/index.html
theenchanter:

U're not among d 5 largest producers of all u mentioned apart from tea n camel milk.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 3:29pm On Jan 28, 2019
Kenya's dairy sector contributes 2 billion US dollars to the GDP,the sector produces about 5 billion litres of milk annually!

Kenya’s 1 million stockholders keep the largest dairy herd in Africa (larger than South Africa) according to Jimmy Smith, Director of ILRI. The industry contributes about USD 2 billion to the country’s GDP, according to USAID, considering the sector includes farmers, traders and vendors, collection centres, processors, and retailers.

Kenya’s dairy production sector is characterised by a huge number of small-scale farmers, who make up 70-80% of the total production. The co-operative system contributed significantly to the development of the dairy sector in the country with the emergence of the Kenya Co-operative Creameries.

The Rift Valley and Central regions produce the bulk of the milk in the country. However, other regions, including Eastern, Nyanza and Western regions also produce significant quantities of milk.

http://www.foodbusinessafrica.com/the-dairy-industry-in-kenya/

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 3:31pm On Jan 28, 2019
Of course. The horticulture sector is worth more than 3B dollars - but the export I think is about 1.5 or more billion dollars. Obviously lots more are consumed internally - but definitely kenya vegetables, nuts, fruits and flowers dominate Europe supermarkets & grocery stores.

https://www.nation.co.ke/business/Horticulture--nets-Sh127bn--in-10-months/996-4911784-befb0az/index.html

Jonraid:
Our horticulture is worth 3.5 BILLION DOLLARS! https://www.nation.co.ke/business/Horticulture-nets-Kenya-Sh305-billion/996-4489854-ut965tz/index.html

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by edon21: 3:32pm On Jan 28, 2019
Kur17:

You've shown us "Lekki" only once, right?
Do you have any other construction going on...

guy the simple truth is that there are more construction projects going on in Lagos alone than in Ghana or Kenya
@
EAC
lekki FTZ
phonix island
snake island
orange island
periwinkle island
light rail
etc
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 3:32pm On Jan 28, 2019
GO finish your high school. And this time really concentrate on English Comprehension. You sound as literate as Buhari.
theenchanter:

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 3:34pm On Jan 28, 2019
It's probably more now - I think we are doing 6B litres annually. Our dairy sector is definitely admirable. Nigeria and their fulani cows - worth 80B of dollars smiley - still import tonnes of powder milk. It the market Kenya really need to tap in. Export of powder milk to Nigeria.
Jonraid:
Kenya's dairy sector contributes 2 billion US dollars to the GDP,the sector produces about 5 billion litres of milk annually!

Kenya’s 1 million stockholders keep the largest dairy herd in Africa (larger than South Africa) according to Jimmy Smith, Director of ILRI. The industry contributes about USD 2 billion to the country’s GDP, according to USAID, considering the sector includes farmers, traders and vendors, collection centres, processors, and retailers.

Kenya’s dairy production sector is characterised by a huge number of small-scale farmers, who make up 70-80% of the total production. The co-operative system contributed significantly to the development of the dairy sector in the country with the emergence of the Kenya Co-operative Creameries.

The Rift Valley and Central regions produce the bulk of the milk in the country. However, other regions, including Eastern, Nyanza and Western regions also produce significant quantities of milk.

http://www.foodbusinessafrica.com/the-dairy-industry-in-kenya/
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 3:45pm On Jan 28, 2019
The thin Fulani cows won't even give you a cup of milk! These are what Nigeria needs to prop up its milk production!
rvp2018:
It's probably more now - I think we are doing 6B litres annually. Our dairy sector is definitely admirable. Nigeria and their fulani cows - worth 80B of dollars smiley - still import tonnes of powder milk. It the market Kenya really need to tap in. Export of powder milk to Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3160) (3161) (3162) (3163) (3164) (3165) (3166) ... (9933)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.