Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,590 members, 7,850,984 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:51 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (3494) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6269087 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3491) (3492) (3493) (3494) (3495) (3496) (3497) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 2:49pm On Feb 17, 2019
I think you guys are confusing technology with it's application. US owns technology, innovation & engineering. It does that by investing crazy billion dollars in her word class universities. Countries should emulate US high education systems. US=Universities.(Degrees)

Now where German excel is it's famed vocational training and education (VET). Here millions of Germans out of high schools are taught practical skills and taken through apprenticeship. There is less focus on universities like you find in US and many other countries but on practical knowledge and skills.German=Technical/Vocational Colleges (Diplomas)

UK excels in both primary and secondary education - with it's O & A -level highly regarded for imparting basic education skills. UK =Primary & Secondary education.

And for China....Chinese just instill incredible work ethic on it's citizen - kids study for incredibly long - their parents work even longer and live in factory dorms.

vaxx:
i have been ringing this bell to my people.. Germany. should be emulated in the technology fied, UK education model should be adopted. or maintain while china should be copy in the trading sector.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 2:50pm On Feb 17, 2019
tylann:

Let us wait how the Turkish built Tanzanian sgr will turn out to be
And Egyptian built dam in tz will turn out

You can take a guess how it'll turn out. The dam is already facing cost issues with experts claiming it's cost could triple.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8791642_capture_jpeg6d0ce43c2e6495dc5ba7597dd3872afd

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8791667_capture_jpeg6d0ce43c2e6495dc5ba7597dd3872afd

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 2:50pm On Feb 17, 2019
Kazikazi:
Srilanka spoke the same! Where is their port as we speak?

Utangoja sana grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 2:55pm On Feb 17, 2019
rvp2018:
I think nearly every country (except Nigeria ) has cornered the universal primary education - but the problem still lies ahead - very low Secondary transition rate - and even lower Tertiary transition. And of course quality of education is still very low. I think Ghana & Kenya need to focus on those. Most kids just finish primary or high schools - and their education ends there. There is a need to push for vocational training - as opposed to a few university placement. 100% secondary transition.100% tertiary transition. And we are talking.
i dont see why Vocational work can't be embedded as part of university program

in Ghana, 10 polytechnic had been converted into technical university. the student literarilly learn vocational work along with research work. The past Ghana govt really work on this area.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 2:59pm On Feb 17, 2019
I think that is a HUGE mistake.We did the same in Kenya and we are now trying to make ammends. Everyone was happy as every college became a prestigious university. . Universities are academic. Their focus is research. They won't have time vocational training - practical skills.

In any case - you don't need a lot of university graduates - a lot of theoreticians - you need very few - maybe less than 10% of the people going through universities. You need 90% of rest studying vocational and technical hands on skills.

I think we tend to copy the US systems without understanding it doesn't work for a developing country.

vaxx:
i dont see why Vocational work can't be embedded as part of university program

in Ghana, 10 polytechnic had been converted into technical university. the student literarilly learn vocational work along with research work. The past Ghana govt really work on this area.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by XhosaNostra(f): 3:02pm On Feb 17, 2019
vaxx:
This is why Ghana Goverment roll out free education for her citizens. in Ghana public school, there is no admission fees, no library fees, no science centre fees, no computer laboratory fees, no examination fees, no utility fees. infact there is free textbooks, free boarding and lastly free meal.

In Ghana, there is also student loan at terriatry level with a very little interest . if you are not educated in Ghana now, you can't blame poverty for it but yourself.

@bolded...free things are nice but they breed laziness & entitlement. It could get out of hand quickly. Ask South Africa. Watch out. I believe people should pay something, so they don't start thinking they're owed something just for being alive. Free stuff = no value = no sense of achievement. Nanny state. Sometimes I feel the government does this to keep the people depended on them.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kazikazi: 3:05pm On Feb 17, 2019
XhosaNostra:

We had a feeding scheme during my primary school days. The strangest thing about that is, the food often went to waste. South Africans are somehow. I don't know if pride is the right word for it. But even as kids we looked down on the meals. A few kids really benefited from it though.
Yah you talk sense! One of my big surprise when I landed in SA was seeing the huge quantity of food wastage. Many kids there are overfed. Your school feeding programs is superb in Africa.I even saw some teachers eating the same food which pupils were consuming.

But in Tz,most of school feeding schemes are still not good enough. You will hardly see a teacher eating what pupils eat. That means our meals are not good enough.

I can't say SAns are proud.You don't have much pride. I think the reason why most of the kids look down on meals is just the lack of proper upbringing and they are getting more than what they need

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx1: 3:08pm On Feb 17, 2019
rvp2018:
I think you guys are confusing technology with it's application. US owns technology, innovation & engineering. It does that by investing crazy billion dollars in her word class universities. Countries should emulate US high education systems. US=Universities.(Degrees)

Now where German excel is it's famed vocational training and education (VET). Here millions of Germans out of high schools are taught practical skills and taken through apprenticeship. There is less focus on universities like you find in US and many other countries but on practical knowledge and skills.German=Technical/Vocational Colleges (Diplomas)

UK excels in both primary and secondary education - with it's O & A -level highly regarded for imparting basic education skills. UK =Primary & Secondary education.

And for China....Chinese just instill incredible work ethic on it's citizen - kids study for incredibly long - their parents work even longer and live in factory dorms.

There is a high concentration amount of engineering and innovation that either started in Germany or was heavily influenced in Germany or by Germans . just think about rocketry, the automobile and several automotive technologies, even the American space program all have their roots in Germany. There is an unusual concentration of high technology and research in Germany, which you won't find in the US.

obama was about rolling out german educational model for Americans before he ends up his tenure

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:08pm On Feb 17, 2019
tylann:

Najua karma ni nn grin grin
Tulia grin
kuchocha nayo .. grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:12pm On Feb 17, 2019
tylann:
mm huwa hanibambi
Ni mpuuzi sana
Ana post picha za kibera kla saa aje
Kla saa turkana kibera

C atoe point basi tuelewane
Anajifanya mjinga sisi pia tutajifanya wajinga
the only way to deal with kazibure is to give is facts an hard facts ..stuff he cant deny..he like some other naijs here who dwell on mud slinging..
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 3:13pm On Feb 17, 2019
The motor engine has not changed since I don't know 18th century. Germans are NOT doing innovation like the US are doing. They are consuming and applying those innovations. You just need to see how many patents the US files. Only the Chinese are competing. Germans in early part of century were competing with US in innovation and tech - but not now.

What German excels in is their incredible cottage industry that supports it's manufacturing giants - and that is built on VET (vocational education and training) - Germans are ready to roll their sleeves and get dirty. Obviously that is more sustainable systems than having a few bright people in Silicon Valley producing the next tech.

And therefore US has no options but to soon or later embrace German model - and start getting dirty again.

vaxx1:
There is a high concentration amount of engineering and innovation that either started in Germany or was heavily influenced in Germany or by Germans . just think about rocketry, the automobile and several automotive technologies, even the American space program all have their roots in Germany. There is an unusual concentration of high technology and research in Germany, which you won't find in the US.

obama was about rolling out german educational model for Americans before he ends up his tenure

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:14pm On Feb 17, 2019
rvp2018:

there.. there is what we urgently need here
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 3:16pm On Feb 17, 2019
mtisTheQubit:

kuchocha nayo .. grin grin

Nilikuwa najua grin
Cheza chini grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by theenchanter: 3:17pm On Feb 17, 2019
vaxx1:

German technologies were only adopted by d US in d second world War, even d vehicle diamler was said to invent were perfected in d US, Hitler had to send delegates to US auto factories before they could unveil their volkswagen beetle, even d beetle was stereotyped on US models (Chrysler, to be precise). US perfect every innovation they get from Germany. Germany is not a match for d US in terms of innovation n invention.

Check the countries with most inventions in d world, I doubt if Germany will make top 3 while the US will sit comfortably on top. grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:18pm On Feb 17, 2019
rvp2018:
The motor engine has not changed since I don't know 18th century. Germans are NOT doing innovation like the US are doing. They are consuming and applying those innovations. You just need to see how many patents the US files. Only the Chinese are competing. Germans in early part of century were competing with US in innovation and tech - but not now.

What German excels in is their incredible cottage industry that supports it's manufacturing giants - and that is built on VET (vocational education and training) - Germans are ready to roll their sleeves and get dirty . Obviously that is more sustainable systems than having a few bright people in Silicon Valley producing the next tech.

And therefore US has no options but to soon or later embrace German model - and start getting dirty again.

the bolded can been seen in their resilient economy
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kazikazi: 3:18pm On Feb 17, 2019
mtisTheQubit:

the only way to deal with kazibure is to give is facts an hard facts ..stuff he cant deny..he like some other naijs here who dwell on mud slinging..
Which facts do you have? You are busy selling albinos, is that a fact you talk about?
You are running away from a guy who sold your oil block, is that a fact you sing about?
You are using gumboot as a glass in pokot,is that what you say hard facts?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 3:19pm On Feb 17, 2019
mtisTheQubit:

If you try to give him hard facts
And have a sound discussion with him
He ignores it all
And he start shouting kibera and turkana

The only way to beat him is to play his game
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx1: 3:19pm On Feb 17, 2019
rvp2018:
I think that is a HUGE mistake.We did the same in Kenya and we are now trying to make ammends. Everyone was happy as every college became a prestigious university. . Universities are academic. Their focus is research. They won't have time vocational training - practical skills.

In any case - you don't need a lot of university graduates - a lot of theoreticians - you need very few - maybe less than 10% of the people going through universities. You need 90% of rest studying vocational and technical hands on skills.

I think we tend to copy the US systems without understanding it doesn't work for a developing country.

i have been banned, really don't know why.

it is not a mistake, may be controlling and monitoring was not heavily effecient and effective.

in Germany, there is techinical university called houschule and liberal and resarch university called universitat.

The universitat focus on research oriented and provides a very theoretical knowledge on the subjects. while the houscule focused on practical knowledge or industry oriented studies.

With a TU degree, you are eligible to pursue Doctorate Degree provided your grades and profile is strong while with FH degree, generally you can also pursue with your Doctorate Degree but only with some special profile and conditions. This is what Ghana just did.

infact there is plan that every college of education will be turn to university. the barrier of segregation must be broken.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by XhosaNostra(f): 3:20pm On Feb 17, 2019
Kazikazi:
Yah you talk sense! One of my big surprise when I landed in SA was seeing the huge quantity of food wastage. Many kids there are overfed. Your school feeding programs is superb in Africa.I even saw some teachers eating the same food which pupils were consuming.

But in Tz,most of school feeding schemes are still not good enough. You will hardly see a teacher eating what pupils eat. That means our meals are not good enough.

I can't say SAns are proud.You don't have much pride. I think the reason why most of the kids look down on meals is just the lack of proper upbringing and they are getting more than what they need

What do they serve to the kids in Tanzanian schools?

@bolded, maybe it's being spoiled then because even now, most kids ignore the food that's being given to them at school. They want to carry a lunchbox & pocket money. I was shocked to find out that some kids in primary school are given as much as R50 by their parents. In the early 2000s when I was in high school, I was given R10 until I finished school. Kids these days carry big money to school. Some even have the privilege of taking phones with them to school. The millennials are really having the time of their lives!
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:21pm On Feb 17, 2019
vaxx1:

if only Hitler didnt throw mud at the Russians..he could have won the freaking war

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kazikazi: 3:22pm On Feb 17, 2019
mtisTheQubit:

there.. there is what we urgently need here
How will you achieve that by worshipping English language?

Just come to learn in Tz. Our vocational training colleges (VETA)are ahead of you!
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 3:23pm On Feb 17, 2019
Kazikazi:
Which facts do you have? You are busy selling albinos, is that a fact you talk about?
You are running away from a guy who sold your oil block, is that a fact you sing about?
You are using gumboot as a glass in pokot,is that what you say hard facts?

This is what
I was talking about
@ mtis the qubit
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx1: 3:23pm On Feb 17, 2019
XhosaNostra:

@bolded...free things are nice but they breed laziness & entitlement. It could get out of hand quickly. Ask South Africa. Watch out. I believe people should pay something, so they don't start thinking they're owed something just for being alive. Free stuff = no value = no sense of achievement. Nanny state. Sometimes I feel the government does this to keep the people depended on them.
As i said , it is about effective monitoring and controlling. anything can happen without it.

Germans offer free education system to both locals and foreigner and this has not in anyway cut down their sleeves, they have one of the best performing Economy in the world with smart citizens as well.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:25pm On Feb 17, 2019
tylann:

If you try to give him hard facts
And have a sound discussion with him
He ignores it all
And he start shouting kibera and turkana

The only way to beat him is to play his game

Game on then grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by XhosaNostra(f): 3:28pm On Feb 17, 2019
vaxx1:
As i said , it is about effective monitoring and controlling. anything can happen without it.

Germans offer free education system to both locals and foreigner and this has not in anyway cut down tbeor sleeves, they have one of the performing Economy in the world with smart citizens as well.

If you say so.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:31pm On Feb 17, 2019
Kazikazi:
How will you achieve that by worshipping English language?

Just come to learn in Tz. Our vocational training colleges (VETA)are ahead of you!
who bewitched kazikazi..you want me to code my beloved python using Swahili..what wrong with Tanzanians...wake up an smell the coffee kazibure..serious you guys need to let go the ujamaa thingy once an for all

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:32pm On Feb 17, 2019
tylann:

This is what
I was talking about
@ mtis the qubit
True...i just ignored the fellow..
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx1: 3:33pm On Feb 17, 2019
theenchanter:
German technologies were only adopted by d US in d second world War, even d vehicle diamler was said to invent were perfected in d US, Hitler had to send delegates to US auto factories before they could unveil their volkswagen beetle, even d beetle was stereotyped on US models (Chrysler, to be precise). US perfect every innovation they get from Germany. Germany is not a match for d US in terms of innovation n invention.

Check the countries with most inventions in d world, I doubt if Germany will make top 3 while the US will sit comfortably on top. grin
just check vexnet. Germany isn't a small nation, only Israel and America will be leading Germany in innovation. generally. infact it will be in specific discipline like ICT but others i doubt.

Few countries have contributed so much to science and technology as Germany. From physics and chemistry to cars and consumer products, Germany is a world leader in innovation, boasting leading universities and research institutes alongside major engineering, IT and manufacturing industries.

For most of the 20th century, Germany had more Nobel Prizes in the sciences than any other nation, and today the raw output of German scientific research consistently ranks among the world's best. probably isreal and usa can leads Germany in this category.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 3:34pm On Feb 17, 2019
Sorry - sometimes these nigerians bots can be something - anyway we shall see the outcomes. I don't think you can mix universities with technical colleges. I hope we don't start see too many Ghanians with degrees who are jobless and can't fix a light bulb...and whose only hope is to emigrate like Nigerians - and end up washing toilets abroads.

Kenya already has that problem - way too many unemployed graduates - majority who did humanities and business courses .

The solution was drastic - Gok i think deliberately failed many high schools kid so can they never dream of getting to universities and have to think about vocational skills - and I think it's working. Enrollment in vocation colleges has risen to 180,000 - the target was 400,000 and eventually 3M in 5yrs.

vaxx1:
i have been banned, really don't know why.

it is not a mistake, may be controlling and monitoring was not heavily effecient and effective.

in Germany, there is techinical university called houschule and liberal and resarch university called universitat.

The universitat focus on research oriented and provides a very theoretical knowledge on the subjects. while the houscule focused on practical knowledge or industry oriented studies.

With a TU degree, you are eligible to pursue Doctorate Degree provided your grades and profile is strong while with FH degree, generally you can also pursue with your Doctorate Degree but only with some special profile and conditions. This is what Ghana just did.

infact there is plan that every college of education will be turn to university. the barrier of segregation must be broken.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 3:36pm On Feb 17, 2019
mtisTheQubit:

who bewitched kazikazi..you want me to code my beloved python using Swahili..what wrong with Tanzanians...wake up an smell the coffee kazibure..serious you guys need to let go the ujamaa thingy once an for all

I told you this guy talks as if he is under a spell .
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 3:36pm On Feb 17, 2019
mtisTheQubit:

I told you this guy talks as if he is under a spell

(1) (2) (3) ... (3491) (3492) (3493) (3494) (3495) (3496) (3497) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.