Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,963 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:20 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (9351) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6161461 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9348) (9349) (9350) (9351) (9352) (9353) (9354) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Abohboy: 9:12am On Jan 19, 2021
And then the Benin street lamps it was often just a lamp attacked to a wooden pole for example in this picture you can very clearly see the pole sticking out over the wall it was positioned like this so it could also light the houses which compounds were behind the walls, also attached is the lamp that they hooked it to.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by popizaino(m): 9:15am On Jan 19, 2021
I hope/pray you get through this your midlife crisis and stop seeing the white or pink man as your bogeyman.Africa underdevelopment has nothing to do with them. It's 2021 stop your victim mentality.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jl115: 9:22am On Jan 19, 2021
Abohboy:

Once again there were no drawings in Benin so what are you talking about there is no such thing as the Benin scriptures and there is no single artefact in Benin that depicts human sacrifice
once again I don't care about your opinion.... I only care about facts provided by reputable sources which I've posted here wink
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jl115: 9:23am On Jan 19, 2021
Abohboy:
And then the Benin street lamps it was often just a lamp attacked to a wooden pole for example in this picture you can very clearly see the pole sticking out over the wall it was positioned like this so it could also light the houses which compounds were behind the walls, also attached is the lamp that they hooked it to.
you said it was street lamps....as in iron street poles... Not lamps hanging from a stick grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin and this photo was obviously taken after 1875.....London was definitely more developed at this time than the Benin kingdom if we go by this picture....

P.S guess what..... The Greeks were the first to introduce street lighting as far back as 4th century B.C

Pic London Street lamps of the same time period as the one in your picture

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jl115: 9:40am On Jan 19, 2021
Abohboy:
As you can see jln115 all of these stories on,y came when Britain wanted to take crop no other person described Benin city as that until Britain was ready to conquer the, also why would they have a cross if none of them were Christians they were all practices of African traditional religions sk why would they crufify someone but yeah here it is where they essentially paused trade with Britain source from Wikipedia
Ok and? my source had nothing to do with the British invasion of Benin........Niether did it have anything to do with British propaganda
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Abohboy: 9:40am On Jan 19, 2021
jl115:
you said it was street lamps....as in iron street poles... Not lamps hanging from a stick grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin and this photo was obviously taken after 1875.....London was definitely more developed at this time than the Benin kingdom if we go by this picture....

P.S guess what..... The Greeks were the first to introduce street lighting as far back as 4th century B.C

Pic London Street lamps of the same time period as the one in your picture

They had the same system for a lot longer apparently they were grander but there are no pictures that’s the best I could find but based off of “reputable sources” as you call them they had a semblance kf street lighting as far back as the 15th century before it existed in Europe at that time. And were comparing it to existing empires not dead ones and the Greeks weren’t the first the black Egyptians of kemet were and the Greeks copy and pasted it
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Abohboy: 9:41am On Jan 19, 2021
jl115:
once again I don't care about your opinion.... I only care about facts provided by reputable sources which I've posted here wink

It’s not about my opinion you have referred to the Benin scriptures but refuse to bring any source that makes reference to them or even any pictures because there is no such thing as the Benin scriptures
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Abohboy: 9:42am On Jan 19, 2021
popizaino:
I hope/pray you get through this your midlife crisis and stop seeing the white or pink man as your bogeyman.Africa underdevelopment has nothing to do with them. It's 2021 stop your victim mentality.

Go and learn history. And see what they do even to our good leaders, the white man is still and has been stopping us from developing for the past 500 years.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by popizaino(m): 9:42am On Jan 19, 2021
gallivant:
Green City cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLcBtJ1Hmas

I watched till the end to find something to criticize and couldn't find any and I'm not surprised cus it's in Kenya.The attention to details is topnotch and comparable to anywere else in the developed world .

I wish people on this forum could just lay bare the truth and say it as it is that Kenya cities and towns are better looking and organised than ours.I mean I get it when a south African is less impressed cus he/she probably has seen or have better ones,but come to west Africa there aren't many neighbourhood with much details to perfection as this Runda estate.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by popizaino(m): 9:45am On Jan 19, 2021
Maybe,I'm Charles Quaye

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jl115: 9:49am On Jan 19, 2021
Abohboy:

They had the same system for a lot longer apparently they were grander but there are no pictures that’s the best I could find but based off of “reputable sources” as you call them they had a semblance kf street lighting as far back as the 15th century before it existed in Europe at that time. And were comparing it to existing empires not dead ones and the Greeks weren’t the first the black Egyptians of kemet were and the Greeks copy and pasted it
Cool story bro!! the pic was taken in 1897...........clearly development in Benin stalled because London was certainly much more developed than that in 1897!!

Secondly Scholars have stated that the Greeks were the first to use street lighting.............As i've stated before your opinion doesn't matter to me.

P.S Egyptians aren't black, they are Arab..........You can't pick and choose when Egyptians are black and not black just to suit your narrative.........When we were talking about slavery they weren't black but now that we are talking about technological advancement they are black??
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jl115: 9:50am On Jan 19, 2021
Abohboy:

It’s not about my opinion you have referred to the Benin scriptures but refuse to bring any source that makes reference to them or even any pictures because there is no such thing as the Benin scriptures
I literally gave you a citation.........
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:53am On Jan 19, 2021
jl115:
Boer history is pretty well documented bru wink just google it.
i want to hear from the horse's mouth cheesy
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Abohboy: 10:02am On Jan 19, 2021
jl115:
Cool story bro!! the pic was taken in 1897...........clearly development in Benin stalled because London was certainly much more developed than that in 1897!!

Secondly Scholars have stated that the Greeks were the first to use street lighting.............As i've stated before your opinion doesn't matter to me.

P.S Egyptians aren't black, they are Arab..........You can't pick and choose when Egyptians are black and not black just to suit your narrative.........When we were talking about slavery they weren't black but now that we are talking about technological advancement they are black??

When did I say the ancient Egyptians weren’t black, when ancient kemet existed they were purely black it was after they had been conquered by the Greeks, Persians and ottomans and interbreed with these people thst the lost their blackness why do you think the Sphinx doesn’t have a noise because it shows negro features so many of the depictions of people and pharaohs all have black features thick lips, big nose and so,e of them are even black in colour or black and red you cannot deny the fact that the ancient Egyptians were black even volney knew back in the 1800d. Go and read some of cheikh anta diop’s books and educate yourself the ancient Egypt Aidan ere black present Faye gyptiasna rent black due to interbreeding with the Greeks, Persians, Asians and ottomans who all came to conquer and settle in Egypt
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:02am On Jan 19, 2021
Abohboy:

They didn’t actively practice Islam until traditional religions were demonised yorubas were 100% ifa until their religions were demonised but yes today it is like thst but Bonny is in the south east and is an isolated island off the coast of rivers state. It was not Muslim and neither was the surrounding areas so he couldn’t have been a Muslim he was either a Christian or part of traditional belief and I believe it is the latter
Ths is what i get from all ths..you are pissed off because Yoruba who believed in ifa were demonised an the market share fell from 100% to maybe under 10%..i dont know you tell me cheesy..an you believe all ths was caused my Christians... cheesy
Separate white men from Christianity bro..No one was forced to become a Christian. Actually spread of Islam was more crude than spread of Christianity in Africa..but ya ignoring all that..which brings to another question, are your sure ya telling us the whole truth..Like why keep on picking on one religion while Nigeria is split in the middle (Christianity an Islam)..I have Atheist here on board but they dont come out more offended like you..
last thing..i think you should ask yourself why believe in ifa died out..dont try force stuff on people which they dont want...
My apologies Sir cheesy

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Abohboy: 10:02am On Jan 19, 2021
jl115:
I literally gave you a citation.........

That citation didn’t make any reference to the Benin scriptures you keep on mentioning all it said was there is evidence of human sacrifice blah blah blah nothing about the Benin scriptures show me the Benin scriptures because it’s pretty clear they don’t exist.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Abohboy: 10:09am On Jan 19, 2021
mtisTheQubit:

Ths is what i get from all ths..you are pissed off because Yoruba who believed in ifa were demonised an the market share fell from 100% to maybe under 10%..i dont know you tell me cheesy..an you believe all ths was caused my Christians... cheesy
Separate white men from Christianity bro..No one was forced to become a Christian. Actually spread of Islam was more crude than spread of Christianity in Africa..but ya ignoring all that..which brings to another question, are your sure ya telling us the whole truth..Like why keep on picking on one religion while Nigeria is split in the middle (Christianity an Islam)..I have Atheist here on board but they dont come out more offended like you..
last thing..i think you should ask yourself why believe in ifa died out..dont try force stuff on people which they dont want...
My apologies Sir cheesy

Maybe because the main chief priests were exiled, tortured and executed by the British government, maybe because they stole the artefacts that depicted these people and the people forgot who they were worshipping, maybe because the whites gave us Christianity in such a way that made it look as if they were gods and Christianity was the light of the world, maybe because they told us we were worshipping idols then just gave us new idols but instead with white skin colour

Both religions are false I’m not angry about it losing relevance I’m angry about Nigerians thinking we were barbaric in the past and demonic I’m tired of Africans thinking we have no history and development before the white man came like kazikazi who believes that the Europeans gave us cotton. I, annoyed that we don’t know anything about our history or our people.

Did you know that in the past the Yoruba, edo and igbo gave most adults custom drums which meant that each person had their own tune to communicate with and based off of how loud or how soft or how many beats of the drums they took they could communicate messages as far as 20km away we had an ancient communication technology form. To communicate with people faraway.

Did you know that the Portuguese banned Nigerian black soap because it was destroying local industries we were producing so much black soap and exporting it that we were flooding their markets with our cheap products thst were also of high quality so much so that they had to ban our products from their markets to allow their own products develop,

We were industrious people, we were smart, we were educated we had a history and Africa’s history is not demonic our belief systems are not demonic and we were not cave dwellers before the British came that is where my annoyance and hate stems from not from the religion you are free to practice what you want but you have to acknowledge the civilisation, industriousness, development and knowledge of the black man before the whites came.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Vlain: 10:55am On Jan 19, 2021
jl115:
probably the same reason they burned Boer towns and farms.....

And what would that be?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Vlain: 11:03am On Jan 19, 2021
jl115:
He was a drafter not an inventor........just saying wink.....................Also your point is what exactly?

Without Latimer's knowledge Thomas Edison wouldn't have had anything to work on.

GICE credit to who credit is due and stop trying to washed down history and steal from black without appropriating .

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Vlain: 11:04am On Jan 19, 2021
rvp2018:
There is hope for Ghana and Nigeria cities if they follow Rwanda footstep.

Rwanda in 2007 - looked like a typical west african city with lots of rusted little structures sprawling all over
. That's how the majority of Kenya looks like
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:25am On Jan 19, 2021
Abohboy:

Maybe because the main chief priests were exiled, tortured and executed by the British government, maybe because they stole the artefacts that depicted these people and the people forgot who they were worshipping, maybe because the whites gave us Christianity in such a way that made it look as if they were gods and Christianity was the light of the world, maybe because they told us we were worshipping idols then just gave us new idols but instead with white skin colour

Both religions are false I’m not angry about it losing relevance I’m angry about Nigerians thinking we were barbaric in the past and demonic I’m tired of Africans thinking we have no history and development before the white man came like kazikazi who believes that the Europeans gave us cotton. I, annoyed that we don’t know anything about our history or our people.

Did you know that in the past the Yoruba, edo and igbo gave most adults custom drums which meant that each person had their own tune to communicate with and based off of how loud or how soft or how many beats of the drums they took they could communicate messages as far as 20km away we had an ancient communication technology form. To communicate with people faraway.

Did you know that the Portuguese banned Nigerian black soap because it was destroying local industries we were producing so much black soap and exporting it that we were flooding their markets with our cheap products thst were also of high quality so much so that they had to ban our products from their markets to allow their own products develop,

We were industrious people, we were smart, we were educated we had a history and Africa’s history is not demonic our belief systems are not demonic and we were not cave dwellers before the British came that is where my annoyance and hate stems from not from the religion you are free to practice what you want but you have to acknowledge the civilisation, industriousness, development and knowledge of the black man before the whites came.

Ths feels like before Okonkwo committed suicide. Nothing worked. The white man had changed everything. His people's traditions were dying. Even his son had denied him. Please read the book Things Fall Apart cheesy

I do agree with you on most part but you have to go further than that..

Question, while is Africa like ths in 21st century with all the minerals an stuff ?
Question, why is our way of life dying...Is someone forcing us to alter our lifestyle ?
Question, what happened to all that Knowledge Africans had ? . For really its like Africans in a way never existed
So mamy questions bro..

For what i know is that Africa history was erased or altered at a given time. For real i know more about the Persians than i know about the Africans..Fact..I can tell most of their history. But back to Africa there nothing to reference..its like Africa continent never existed ..an that bothers me..
Who is to benefit from all that..
Then i project to present. What’s happening in the world. Why is Africa still like the old Africa..Whats happening to America or even in Europe. Who is benefiting..

My conclusion. The world is not the way it seems. There are powerful entities or people who manipulate stuff at a level most humans cannot comprehend..

Way forward:
Lets us not go the Middle east way. Like keep on throwing stones …never works ..Africans need to educate themselves an join the big league..thats the only way they will have respect for us..they respect china now even though few years back they used to call them yellow peasants.
An about Pan-Africanism..i don’t think its work for now..lemme give you an example..Kenya and Tanzania..We are like same country. Same tribes ,same language an so many stuff. But ideologically we so different. If cant work in east Africa trust me its hard to crack on the rest of Africa
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jl115: 11:38am On Jan 19, 2021
Abohboy:

When did I say the ancient Egyptians weren’t black, when ancient kemet existed they were purely black it was after they had been conquered by the Greeks, Persians and ottomans and interbreed with these people thst the lost their blackness why do you think the Sphinx doesn’t have a noise because it shows negro features so many of the depictions of people and pharaohs all have black features thick lips, big nose and so,e of them are even black in colour or black and red you cannot deny the fact that the ancient Egyptians were black even volney knew back in the 1800d. Go and read some of cheikh anta diop’s books and educate yourself the ancient Egypt Aidan ere black present Faye gyptiasna rent black due to interbreeding with the Greeks, Persians, Asians and ottomans who all came to conquer and settle in Egypt
Egyptians have always been Arab..... Not Black Sub-Saharan..... Don't come talking kak!! grin grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jl115: 11:39am On Jan 19, 2021
Abohboy:

That citation didn’t make any reference to the Benin scriptures you keep on mentioning all it said was there is evidence of human sacrifice blah blah blah nothing about the Benin scriptures show me the Benin scriptures because it’s pretty clear they don’t exist.
I will when you show me Benin iron Street poles wink not sticks with lambs hanging from them.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jl115: 11:40am On Jan 19, 2021
Vlain:

And what would that be?
conquest
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jl115: 11:42am On Jan 19, 2021
Vlain:

Without Latimer's knowledge Thomas Edison wouldn't have had anything to work on.

GICE credit to who credit is due and stop trying to washed down history and steal from black without appropriating .
I disagree however even if you say its true, what's your point exactly? I never said black people don't invent things
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Abohboy: 11:43am On Jan 19, 2021
mtisTheQubit:

Ths feels like before Okonkwo committed suicide. Nothing worked. The white man had changed everything. His people's traditions were dying. Even his son had denied him. Please read the book Things Fall Apart cheesy

Question, while is Africa like ths in 21st century with all the minerals an stuff ?
Question, why is our way of life dying...Is someone forcing us to alter our lifestyle ?
Question, what happened to all that Knowledge Africans had ? . For really its like Africans in a way never existed
So mamy questions bro..

For what i know is that Africa history was erased or altered at a given time. For real i know more about the Persians than i know about the Africans..Fact..I can tell most of their history. But back to Africa there nothing to reference..its like Africa continent never existed ..an that bothers me..
Then i project to present. What’s happening in the world. Why is Africa still like the old Africa..Whats happening to America or even in Europe. Who is benefiting..

My conclusion. The world is not the way it seems. There are powerful entities or people who manipulate stuff at a level most humans cannot comprehend..

Way forward:
Lets us not go the Middle east way. Like keep on throwing stones …never works ..Africans need to educate themselves an join the big league..thats the only way they will have respect for us..they respect china now even though few years back they used to call them yellow peasants.
An about Pan-Africanism..i don’t think its work for now..lemme give you an example..Kenya and Tanzania..We are like same country. Same tribes ,same language an so many stuff. But ideologically we so different. If cant work in east Africa trust me its hard to crack on the rest of Africa

I can’t explain Africa’s history and why it doesn’t show today just reach cheikh anta diop, chancellor Williams, Ivan van sertima and John Henrik Clark once you have read about them you would understand all of Africa’s history

Concerning pan Africanism has nothing to do with making countries it is simply working together to fight things like a pan African army we get troops from all the nations all the Nations contribute money towards it or a pan African space agency or a pan African research agency etc. It is just combined knowledge of all Africans working together to develop ourselves easy as thst, once currency, one army, one trade bloc but not one country.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Vlain: 11:44am On Jan 19, 2021
mtisTheQubit:

So mamy questions bro..

Then i project to present. What’s happening in the world. Why is Africa still like the old Africa..Whats happening to America or even in Europe. Who is benefitting

Way forward:

I agree with U on most of what I highlighted.The bolded was summarised in this video. Just watch till the end.

Obviously the west are the ones benefitting from it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7KEp9wuFSE

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jl115: 11:44am On Jan 19, 2021
mtisTheQubit:

i want to hear from the horse's mouth cheesy
that would mean writing an essay which I'm not going to do..... Ask me a question on what you want to know about Boer history and I'll either answer it or refer you to a source
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Abohboy: 11:44am On Jan 19, 2021
jl115:
Egyptians have always been Arab..... Not Black Sub-Saharan..... Don't come talking kak!! grin grin grin

No they haven’t the Arabs are descendants of blacks. The world started in africs the ancient Egyptians back in the days were blacks in the BCs, before there was a concept of Christ the Egyptians were black it is a fact go and look at the artefacts the way the people looked that’s why they shot off the nose of the Sphinx.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Abohboy: 11:45am On Jan 19, 2021
jl115:
I will when you show me Benin iron Street poles wink not sticks with lambs hanging from them.

There’s no pictures I have admitted it my only evidence is scholars at the time mentioning it I did my research and the only iron street poles I could think of was what I showed you so yeah now show me the Benin scriptures.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jl115: 11:45am On Jan 19, 2021
Vlain:

I agree with U on most of what I highlighted.The bolded was summarised in this video. Just watch till the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7KEp9wuFSE
you guys always refer to this one video!! grin grin grin but forget that it's African leaders that allow things like this to carry on
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jl115: 11:47am On Jan 19, 2021
Abohboy:

There’s no pictures I have admitted it my only evidence is scholars at the time mentioning it I did my research and the only iron street poles I could think of was what I showed you so yeah now show me the Benin scriptures.
Ok then my sources are also Scholars and I don't have pics of Benin drawings..... However I never doubted that Benin did have iron Street poles, I simply asked you to provide a photo for you to see your own hypocrisy

(1) (2) (3) ... (9348) (9349) (9350) (9351) (9352) (9353) (9354) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.