Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,333 members, 7,811,973 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:26 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (9353) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6161683 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9350) (9351) (9352) (9353) (9354) (9355) (9356) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jl115: 2:36pm On Jan 19, 2021
Abohboy:

No you haven’t prove it
Consult the archives.....i have wink

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Abohboy: 2:40pm On Jan 19, 2021
jl115:
"Mainstream scholars reject the notion that Egypt was a black (or white) civilization; they maintain that, despite the phenotypic diversity of Ancient and present-day Egyptians, applying modern notions of black or white races to ancient Egypt is anachronistic."

Course they do then who were they, before they were conquered by the Persians they were predominantly black then people from other races started to move in and interbreed with the ancient Egyptians there is no denying that they started as black. They built great libraries they had great knowledge the Greeks came took the knowledge and burnt down the library and claimed all the inventions as their own. Ancient Egypt civilised the rest of the world. I like how they can confidently say the Romans and the Greeks were whites but then the moment we start to talk about Africa’s greatest empires it’s suddenly we cannot confirm bullshit.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Abohboy: 2:48pm On Jan 19, 2021
jl115:
Consult the archives.....i have wink

That doesn’t show human sacrifice if they truly had been practicing human sacrifice since the 13th century and they considered it a ritual they wouldn’t have changed it to guns that very clearly shows war, that is a depiction of a war and just to out the cherry on top that’s not from the Benin empire that’s from the dahomey empire in Benin republic not Nigeria anymore questions cheesy
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by popizaino(m): 2:53pm On Jan 19, 2021
Roan77:

I love you bro, but I hope Nigeria is excluded,in your West Africa statement, because you know we have far more better neighborhood than Kenya, no patriotism, but pure facts from my side.

No Nigeria is not excluded bro.........Haven sojourn around most affluent neighbourhood in Abuja and lag,I can tell you for free that the only thing that favour us is the numbers and arguably better designed stand alone houses but the whole concept of class,exquisite,crispy that depicts a better settlement or neighbourhood has to be given to Kenya.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 3:00pm On Jan 19, 2021
popizaino:

I watched till the end to find something to criticize and couldn't find any and I'm not surprised cus it's in Kenya.The attention to details is topnotch and comparable to anywere else in the developed world .

I wish people on this forum could just lay bare the truth and say it as it is that Kenya cities and towns are better looking and organised than ours.I mean I get it when a south African is less impressed cus he/she probably has seen or have better ones,but come to west Africa there aren't many neighbourhood with much details to perfection as this Runda estate.

Thanks for your kind words and assessment. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jl115: 3:01pm On Jan 19, 2021
Abohboy:

Course they do then who were they, before they were conquered by the Persians they were predominantly black then people from other races started to move in and interbreed with the ancient Egyptians there is no denying that they started as black. They built great libraries they had great knowledge the Greeks came took the knowledge and burnt down the library and claimed all the inventions as their own. Ancient Egypt civilised the rest of the world. I like how they can confidently say the Romans and the Greeks were whites but then the moment we start to talk about Africa’s greatest empires it’s suddenly we cannot confirm bullshit.
Cool story bro:

"Mainstream scholars reject the notion that Egypt was a black (or white) civilization; they maintain that, despite the phenotypic diversity of Ancient and present-day Egyptians, applying modern notions of black or white races to ancient Egypt is anachronistic."
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by theenchanter: 3:02pm On Jan 19, 2021
popizaino:

No Nigeria is not excluded bro.........Haven sojourn around most affluent neighbourhood in Abuja and lag,I can tell you for free that the only thing that favour us is the numbers and arguably better designed stand alone houses but the whole concept of class,exquisite,crispy that depicts a better settlement or neighbourhood has to be given to Kenya.
I didn't get ur concept of class, exquisite and crispy that depicts a better settlement or neighborhood because I can give u at least 3 estates in Nigeria that looks better than that runda estate in kenya, if ur prerequisites are not considered.

But the only thing I know that's differentiating most Nigerian estates and that runda estate is the vast greenery. Other than that, I don't think that runda estate is spectacular.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jl115: 3:02pm On Jan 19, 2021
Abohboy:

That doesn’t show human sacrifice if they truly had been practicing human sacrifice since the 13th century and they considered it a ritual they wouldn’t have changed it to guns that very clearly shows war, that is a depiction of a war and just to out the cherry on top that’s not from the Benin empire that’s from the dahomey empire in Benin republic not Nigeria anymore questions cheesy
It shows human sacrifice and yes I know its the Dahomey kingdom where human sacrifice is also well documented
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by theenchanter: 3:11pm On Jan 19, 2021
vankelvin:
https://www.nairaland.com/5946679/expanded-afcon-country-host-24#98222681

By the way, why do our fellow Africans especially those from East, Central and South always complain about CAF's selections for AFCON tournaments?

Most of them are of the opinion that CAF is bias towards West and North African countries whenever countries put in their bid to host the senior tournaments(AFCON). Is it even true?

For example,
---Cameroon has been given the right to host 2021 or 2022 tournament( a Central African country)

---Cote Diviore will host the next edition (a West African Country)

--- Guinea Bissau has been given the right to also host the next edition right after C.D (a West African country)

Questions:
Are our brothers and sisters from the other regions justified in their accusations against CAF?

Is it not a case of "who is well prepared for a particular tournament"?(in other words who can best host the tournament)?

Or CAF should allow every country to host AFCON all because it's a tournament for Africans?

Harmless questions grin grin cheesy grin
zoning should be considered.

Like say, one edition goes to north africa, the next goes to east, then other regions..... And u keep rotating it or something.

I think that idea would be better and of course, cease complaints, since only the countries in a chosen region will compete to be the host instead of making all the 50something countries vie for d host nation.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Abohboy: 3:24pm On Jan 19, 2021
jl115:
It shows human sacrifice and yes I know its the Dahomey kingdom where human sacrifice is also well documented

That isn’t human sacrifice I know the Dahomey kingdom practiced human sacrifice but 5ey never used guns they did beheadings and threw the bodies into crocodile infested waters they never used guns nobody denied Dahomey
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 68816419: 3:26pm On Jan 19, 2021
tylann:

He needs to repeat that to other rwandan towns not focusing on Kigali alone
First Wise talk from u, this exactly what Kenya needs as well, you need to firstly take capital away from Nairobi and take it to some where far away from Nairobi, you should also try and develop other counties by providing basic infrastructures in , counties such as ,Turkana , Samburu , Mandera , Busia , West Pokot , Garissa , Marsabit , Tana River , Laikipia , Kitui , Uasin Gishu , Kajiado, Wajir , Trans Nzoia , Isiolo , and Bungoma,Nyeri among others
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 68816419: 3:30pm On Jan 19, 2021
Kazikazi:
Kagame is working.
He is a Tanzanian trained guy
He is only developing the tourist areas of Kigali same ways Nairobi is been Developed
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 3:43pm On Jan 19, 2021
68816419:

First Wise talk from u, this exactly what Kenya needs as well, you need to firstly take capital away from Nairobi and take it to some where far away from Nairobi, you should also try and develop other counties by providing basic infrastructures in , counties such as ,Turkana , Samburu , Mandera , Busia , West Pokot , Garissa , Marsabit , Tana River , Laikipia , Kitui , Uasin Gishu , Kajiado, Wajir , Trans Nzoia , Isiolo , and Bungoma,Nyeri among others

1. Whats your definition of basic infrastructure?
2. Why should we move the capital from Nairobi?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 3:44pm On Jan 19, 2021
68816419:

He is only developing the tourist areas of Kigali same ways Nairobi is been Developed

Dont post in anger, you sound ridicilous. smiley
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vankelvin: 3:57pm On Jan 19, 2021
theenchanter:
zoning should be considered.

Like say, one edition goes to north africa, the next goes to east, then other regions..... And u keep rotating it or something.

I think that idea would be better and of course, cease complaints, since only the countries in a chosen region will compete to be the host instead of making all the 50something countries vie for d host nation.

The emboldened is a good idea.
With that all the regions will have a chance to host AFCON.

But to ensure a competitive bidding I think CAF should adopt the current FIFA strategy.
The system which allows for countries in 3 regions to put in their biding for a particular tournament.

For example.
Cameroon is in central Africa so a Central African country cannot bid for the next two tournaments (ie. 2023 and 2025 tournaments)

Cote D'ivoire will host 2023 (a West African country) so West African countries cannot bid for 2025 and 2027 tournaments.

With this, countries in the regions that just hosted will allow other countries from other regions to have their turn to host.

Though the idea is to allow for all regions to host AFCON, there should be some level of competition among the interested countries.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kazikazi: 4:01pm On Jan 19, 2021
68816419:

The GU is going better than those Kenyans. In Kigali,you won't see those massive piggy homes( aka slums) like the ones you see in Nairobi.
Actually, Kigali is the opposite of Nairobi

Kigali is clean,planned properly, peaceful,non tribalist,,with beautiful people.Nairobi is the opposite of the above
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jl115: 4:05pm On Jan 19, 2021
Abohboy:

That isn’t human sacrifice I know the Dahomey kingdom practiced human sacrifice but 5ey never used guns they did beheadings and threw the bodies into crocodile infested waters they never used guns nobody denied Dahomey
But you said human sacrifice didnt exist in West Africa?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by popizaino(m): 4:07pm On Jan 19, 2021
theenchanter:
I didn't get ur concept of class, exquisite and crispy that depicts a better settlement or neighborhood because I can give u at least 3 estates in Nigeria that looks better than that runda estate in kenya, if ur prerequisites are not considered.

But the only thing I know that's differentiating most Nigerian estates and that runda estate is the vast greenery. Other than that, I don't think that runda estate is spectacular.

Yes, that only thing of vast greenery dotted with other ornamental plants separating each of the buildings and the general layout of the whole neighbourhood already proves my point ....it might not be spectacular but I see no difference in the area with were messi,serious Ramos lives in Barcelona/Madrid respectively.

Kenyans attention to details needs to be study down here. ...... Take a look at this resort for example and tell me if a similar project of this nature can come this good even if spend more?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjoi4g5lWiY

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Abohboy: 4:11pm On Jan 19, 2021
jl115:
But you said human sacrifice didnt exist in West Africa?

Pretty sure I said I’m societies such as Wolof, Songhai, Benin, nri, ile ife, Oyo etc. Who occupy majority of west Africa. My point wa S majority of Africans were not barbaric and didn’t practice human sacrifice and their forms of traditional worship were not demonic or wrong as is believed and that africans participated a lot less in crimes, murders etc before the introduction of Christianity
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kazikazi: 4:14pm On Jan 19, 2021
vankelvin:
[b]

The emboldened is a good idea.
With that all the regions will have a chance to host AFCON.

But to ensure a competitive bidding I think CAF should adopt the current FIFA strategy.
The system which allows for countries in 3 regions to put in their biding for a particular tournament.

For example.
Cameroon is in central Africa so a Central African country cannot bid for the next two tournaments (ie. 2023 and 2025 tournaments)

Cote D'ivoire will host 2023 (a West African country) so West African countries cannot bid for 2025 and 2027 tournaments.

Though the idea is to allow for all regions to host AFCON but there should be some level of competition among the interested countries.
Yes its a good idea although it can't work properly. With a new expanded program, a host nation need to have about 6 or more world standard soccer pitch. I wonder if we have many nations in east of southern Africa who will be willing to waste money on those white elephant stadiums.
Imagine a small nation like rwanda,Burundi,syshelles,Lesotho,Mauritius etc,these fellows can't waste money on constructing stuff which won't be needed afterwards.
Then we have different priorities. One nation will prefer using 100 million and construct a tourist hotel which will bring money forever than having a soccer pitch which have no ROI.

Few nations in east or southern Africa will bid for hosting AfCON. Only SA and Angola in southern Africa,and I wonder if there is anyone in east Africa who is interested on pumping money to host afcon in the near future
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 4:14pm On Jan 19, 2021
Kazikazi:
The GU is going better than those Kenyans. In Kigali,you won't see those massive piggy homes( aka slums) like the ones you see in Nairobi.
Actually, Kigali is the opposite of Nairobi

Kigali is clean,planned properly, peaceful,non tribalist,,with beautiful people.Nairobi is the opposite of the above

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vankelvin: 4:25pm On Jan 19, 2021
Kazikazi:
Yes its a good idea although it can't work properly. With a new expanded program, a host nation need to have about 6 or more world standard soccer pitch. I wonder if we have many nations in east of southern Africa who will be willing to waste money on those white elephant stadiums.
Imagine a small nation like rwanda,Burundi,syshelles,Lesotho,Mauritius etc,these fellows can't waste money on constructing stuff which won't be needed afterwards.
Then we have different priorities. One nation will prefer using 100 million and construct a tourist hotel which will bring money forever than having a soccer pitch which have no ROI.

Few nations in east or southern Africa will bid for hosting AfCON. Only SA and Angola in southern Africa,and I wonder if there is anyone in east Africa who is interested on pumping money to host afcon in the near future

Yes, CAF considers a whole lot of things before selecting a country to host a tournament.

-- They look at the Governments of those countries bidding for the tournament. The Government should show some interest.
--They consider the Stadiums that will be used for the tournament.
-- Security
-- Transportation facilities
-- Health facilities
-- Accommodation
-- etc

But then again, it all boils down to interest.

Just as you said * most East and South African countries will not waste money on such tournaments* but any time CAF announces a host nation and it happens to be a North or West African country then some of our brothers and sisters from the other side are annoyed. They abuse CAF and West African countries grin cheesy cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by theenchanter: 4:26pm On Jan 19, 2021
popizaino:

Yes, that only thing of vast greenery dotted with other ornamental plants separating each of the buildings and the general layout of the whole neighbourhood already proves my point ....it might not be spectacular but I see no difference in the area with were messi,serious Ramos lives in Barcelona/Madrid respectively.

Kenyans attention to details needs to be study down here. ...... Take a look at this resort for example and tell me if a similar project of this nature can come this good even if spend more?

https://youtu.be/gjoi4g5l.WiY
the area where runda estate is located is a forested area, hence d vast greenery. I seriously don't want to sound like a hater but there's absolutely nothing spectacular there.

Even here in Lagos without a forest, there are many estates that are attentive to details of environment or Asokoro in Abuja that'll still beat that runda estate despite d fact that it's not in a forested area but with ample greenery.

That resort looks good on the highland.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vankelvin: 4:28pm On Jan 19, 2021
cool
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vankelvin: 4:28pm On Jan 19, 2021
cool
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by theenchanter: 4:30pm On Jan 19, 2021
Kazikazi:

right now, no E. African nation can host d nations cup, even when it needed 4 locations, it couldn't host.

Kenya couldn't even host ordinary CHAN competition when it was handed d right, No facilities. grin

But as u rightly said, we all have different need to spend money on.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 4:38pm On Jan 19, 2021
Kazikazi:

Lol

One nation knows it will lose all the matches. It's priority is to find excuses why not to host Afcon. grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 4:40pm On Jan 19, 2021
theenchanter:
right now, no E. African nation can host d nations cup, even when it needed 4 locations, it couldn't host.

Kenya couldn't even host ordinary CHAN competition when it was handed d right, No facilities. grin

Kenya prefers hosting international tournaments, Afcon is an afterthought. wink
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by theenchanter: 4:41pm On Jan 19, 2021
gallivant:

Kenya prefers hosting international tournaments, not Afcon. wink
I see. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 4:43pm On Jan 19, 2021
theenchanter:

Kenya will happily host athletic championships where it's sure we will emerge the winners
But football nay why waste money to host such knowing very well we will be embarrassed at our own country so football we pass that
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vankelvin: 4:44pm On Jan 19, 2021
gallivant:

Kenya prefers hosting international tournaments, not Afcon. wink

Of all the sports football and Olympics are the biggest.
A country requires a lot of infrastructures or financial muscle to host them.

Any country that have hosted AFCON tournament before can easily host the International tournament you are talking about.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vankelvin: 4:48pm On Jan 19, 2021
tylann:

Kenya will happily host athletic championships where it's sure we will emerge the winners
But football nay why waste money to host such knowing very well we will be embarrassed at our own country so football we pass that

You want to *host and win*?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9350) (9351) (9352) (9353) (9354) (9355) (9356) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.