Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,320 members, 7,836,378 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode - Politics (1110) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (1119812 Views)

Fayose Shuts Down Access Bank Branch Over Fani-Kayode's Wife's Detention / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) / What Buhari Promised Nigerians Vs What He Has Delivered - Kenyans Blast Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1107) (1108) (1109) (1110) (1111) (1112) (1113) ... (2492) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by samorobo: 11:15am On Mar 14, 2022
Shma:

Drop the link, stop diarrhearing verbosity.

Mumu,I have to spoon feed you every time.

According to the new data, about 83 million Indians have been plunged into extreme poverty in 2022, representing six per cent of the country's population which stands at 1.3 billion.

For Nigeria, WPC said 70 million people are living in extreme poverty, representing 33 per cent of Nigeria's over 200 million but

In 2020, the National Bureau of Statistics, NBS, said more than 80 million Nigerians live in extreme poverty (on a dollar per day).

https://allafrica.com/stories/202203100153.html

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by samorobo: 11:15am On Mar 14, 2022
gallivant:

Are you for real? I could make you a long list. smiley

Make yourself a textbook.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by samorobo: 11:16am On Mar 14, 2022
Shma:

Are you samorobo?

The point is: if you can't string a debate without giving a pointer, then you'll be wasting your time just as samboro is doing.

We've tackled this in 2pages with jl115. I don't know why you guys are still bringing it.

Olodo you tackled nothing.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by obaaderemi: 11:29am On Mar 14, 2022
samorobo:

According to the new data, about 83 million Indians have been plunged into extreme poverty in 2022, representing six per cent of the country's population which stands at 1.3 billion.

For Nigeria, WPC said 70 million people are living in extreme poverty, representing 33 per cent of Nigeria's over 200 million but

In 2020, the National Bureau of Statistics, NBS, said more than 80 million Nigerians live in extreme poverty (on a dollar per day).

40% of Kenyans!

Poverty can not be covered up no matter how much you tinker with your data. But because they have a small population, it doesn't appear as bad as it actually is. Just like Rwanda.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by obaaderemi: 11:32am On Mar 14, 2022
GeneralDae:

I dropped the link in my report earlier on. Just go back some few pages.
Not that I care too much about these poverty statistics. The reason I quote them is that you guys believe in them so much. So when they go against your arguements about the 60% poverty bla bla bla, I'll just call your attention to it.
That knocks out one of their major point against Nigeria. Now what are they going to hold on to? They'll start talking about per capita as usual. grin
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by theenchanter: 11:38am On Mar 14, 2022
Just40:
Kantanka exports 20 million dollars worth of cars to Dubai after opening it showroom there.

2020 export to Dubai was 4 million
2019 was 600,000 dollars
katanka going strong and places.

Very good. kiss

5 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 11:48am On Mar 14, 2022
theenchanter:
katanka going strong and places.

Very good. kiss
They seem to be doing well..

I'm pissed they've not entered the small vehicle space yet

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 12:12pm On Mar 14, 2022
samorobo:

Thanks for posting a bogus source. But even with that, you're still backward cos Kenya is playing at 19%. cool

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 12:24pm On Mar 14, 2022
samorobo:

I've entertained you for quite along.

Thank you for bringing facts on board. You're a dimwit and you'll forever be.

You can't even read the article before posting it.
See: the article you posted, which says Kenya's poverty rate is at 40%, says Nigeria is the second country in Africa with the majority of poor folks after Zimbabwe with a whopping 58%.

Now wipe the @rse in your puny brain and sleep.
https://www.the-star.co.ke/business/kenya/2021-01-26-forty-per-cent-of-kenyans-live-in-extreme-poverty-world-bank/

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 12:39pm On Mar 14, 2022
obaaderemi:
40% of Kenyans!

Poverty can not be covered up no matter how much you tinker with your data. But because they have a small population, it doesn't appear as bad as it actually is. Just like Rwanda.

lol, the same article
nyani haoni kundule (loose translation> a monkey does not see his asshole)

3 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by samorobo: 2:12pm On Mar 14, 2022
Shma:

Thanks for posting a bogus source. But even with that, you're still backward cos Kenya is playing at 19%. cool

Are you saying WB stats is bogus and unreliable.

Your zoo has 40% extremely poor inhabitants oga.Nigeria with her large population has pulled herself by the bootstrap and performed better than a tiny irrelevant zoo as yours.must be shameful.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by samorobo: 2:27pm On Mar 14, 2022
Shma:

I've entertained you for quite along.

Thank you for bringing facts on board. You're a dimwit and you'll forever be.

You can't even read the article before posting it.
See: the article you posted, which says Kenya's poverty rate is at 40%, says Nigeria is the second country in Africa with the majority of poor folks after Zimbabwe with a whopping 58%.

Now wipe the @rse in your puny brain and sleep.
https://www.the-star.co.ke/business/kenya/2021-01-26-forty-per-cent-of-kenyans-live-in-extreme-poverty-world-bank/

Lol you are dumb blind and stupid,I am so busy and I do t have time for this back and forth.

The publication I posted quoted world bank recent report(which was in 2021) tagged kenyan and gave us the figures of your poverty rate.There was a full stop amongst several paragraph. They started an entirely different sentence which wasn’t in context with your poverty rate As at 2021 hence why they didn’t attach world bank or they year of the report they are quoting (poor journalism; they could be quoting 2017 for all I know).

Now to confirm this.in this new screenshot which is straight outta world bank site(you can check the url for confirmation) you can clearly see world bank saying (from the horse mouth) that as at 2019 our extreme poverty rate was at 40% with a whooping 83m souls.so yeah go figure.it’s been properly documented that the poverty figures has been dropping since then.So yeah stop splitting hairs and accept the horrendous state of your zoo.

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by gallivant: 2:30pm On Mar 14, 2022
samorobo:

You can tell us better! Stop trolling homie.. tongue

samorobo:

IMF projections are shiit,no one takes its seriously.it’s called projection for a reason.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 2:47pm On Mar 14, 2022
samorobo:

[s]Lol you are dumb blind and stupid,I am so busy and I do t have time for this back and forth.

The publication I posted quoted world bank recent report(which was in 2021) tagged kenyan and gave us the figures of your poverty rate.There was a full stop amongst several paragraph. They started an entirely different sentence which wasn’t in context with your poverty rate As at 2021 hence why they didn’t attach world bank or they year of the report they are quoting (poor journalism; they could be quoting 2017 for all I know).

Now to confirm this.in this new screenshot which is straight outta world bank site(you can check the url for confirmation) you can clearly see world bank saying (from the horse mouth) that as at 2019 our extreme poverty rate was at 40% with a whooping 83m souls.so yeah go figure.it’s been properly documented that the poverty figures has been dropping since then.So yeah stop splitting hairs and accept the horrendous state of your zoo[/s].

samorobo:

[s]

Your zoo has 40% extremely poor inhabitants oga.Nigeria with her large population has pulled herself by the bootstrap and performed better than a tiny irrelevant zoo as yours.must be shameful[/s].

Go argue with your ancestors.

You Can't even write properly, and you expect us to entertain the thoughts coming out from that malnourished brain cells, Zombie, are you okay?

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by samorobo: 3:25pm On Mar 14, 2022
gallivant:

You can tell us better! Stop trolling homie.. tongue

slowpoke, projections are what they are and whatever organization that is projection economic growth is a joke.you might surpass the projections or go below it,but hardly do you ever hit it directly.it’s called projections for a reason dummy. WB stats are not thesame as imf projections,get the difference.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by samorobo: 3:26pm On Mar 14, 2022
Shma:

Go argue with your ancestors.

You Can't even write properly, and you expect us to entertain the thoughts coming out from that malnourished brain cells, Zombie, are you okay?

Unfortunately you can’t cancel that poverty that has swallowed your life.jeez a whooping 40%-pls pray for Kenya,y’all need it.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by popizaino(m): 3:31pm On Mar 14, 2022
Just40:
@vankelvin

Seem a lot of people are going mad in this country.
25 years to 50 years lease hold 70ft x 100ft land going 120,000 dollars and already 70% of it is gone.

After the lease hold ends, the owner get to take whatever is built on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrJJ4eCFr5U

Echoing my sentiments again about unsustainable use of land.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Wuoche: 3:45pm On Mar 14, 2022
samorobo:
New project,Eko Atlantic.

Oak heights

Do you ever get tired of posting renders?

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just30: 4:41pm On Mar 14, 2022
popizaino:

Echoing my sentiments again about unsustainable use of land.

Not the sustainability but the pricing makes no sense.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Saddamochieng00(m): 4:50pm On Mar 14, 2022
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Clinton999: 4:56pm On Mar 14, 2022
We moveeeeeee!!!

Nigerian-born, Amsterdam-headquartered Moove has raised $105 million in a
Series A2 round. This raise adds on to a $23 million Series A round announced in
August of last year, bringing the company’s total funding to date to $173.2
million.
Moove provides entrepreneurs active in the mobility sector, e.g. ride-hailing,
logistics, or last-mile delivery marketplace services, with revenue-based vehicle
financing services. Currently operating in Lagos, Accra, Johannesburg, Cape
Town, Nairobi, and Ibadan, the company intends to use the funding to make a
strong push into 7 new (unspecified) markets in Europe, Asia and MENA by the
end of June of this year.
With the growth, and growing pains, of the gig economy being massively
accelerated by the pandemic, there’s been a developing industry bubbling up just
below the surface addressing a number of pain points. However, the number of
services supporting gig economy workers might be a moot point if the necessary
tools, or upfront investment capital to obtain them, aren’t readily available.
In the case of ride-hailing, logistics, or last-mile delivery services, each one of
these operations requires a vehicle of some type. But if a budding entrepreneur
doesn’t already own said vehicle, the chicken and egg problem becomes readily
apparent. Financing a vehicle is an option, but a minimum credit score is often
involved, oftentimes a barrier to entry.
Now compound this conundrum in the emerging tech market that is Africa, an
area of the world with low access to credit, resulting in fewer than 5% of all
vehicles purchased via financing options, and vehicle ownership numbers less than
44 cars per 1,000 people.
In comparison, 91.8% of all vehicles in Europe are purchased via financing
options with an ownership ratio hovering around 569 per 1,000 people.
Launched in 2020 by Ladi Delano and Jide Odunsi, Moove is addressing this divide,
integrating its technology with ride-hailing, logistics, and instant delivery
marketplaces, and using an alternative credit scoring method to offer customers
brand new vehicle financing options, all based on a percentage of their weekly
revenue. In Nigeria, Moove offers this service with attractive interest rates,
between 10 and 13 percent, whereas banks average between 20 and 25 percent.
Experiencing overwhelming demand and exponential growth across Africa, the
company counts over 3 million trips completed via vehicles they've financed,
amassing some 25 million kilometers on the collective odometres.
But when you look past just the capital, Moove is offering much more than just
financing options. The company’s ethos includes promises: 50% of Moove’s
customers are women, 60% of all loans are used to purchase EV or hybrid
vehicles, and all drivers are provided banking services via the Moove wallet.

Source: https://tech.eu/2022/03/14/mobility-sector-vehicle-financing-
options-platform-moove-raises-105-million-as-it-charts-a-course-for-
europe/

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Transcriber: 5:28pm On Mar 14, 2022
jl115:
We are all just humans....and unfortunately some humans regardless of how much melanin you have are prone to violence!!

Once we start looking at each other as individuals instead of our group identity there will be much less racism in this world!!
lol
Keep decieving yourself
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by jl115: 5:52pm On Mar 14, 2022
samorobo:

Keep bleating like a goat.imf projections are shiit and I stand by that any day,anytime.
yeah we ain't surprised you don't stand by facts wink
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by jl115: 5:54pm On Mar 14, 2022
Transcriber:
lol
Keep decieving yourself
you late to the conversation my bru wink
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by theenchanter: 5:58pm On Mar 14, 2022
Wuoche:

it's a new project about to undergo groundbreaking, do u expect to see anything apart from render?
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by samorobo: 9:22pm On Mar 14, 2022
jl115:
yeah we ain't surprised you don't stand by facts wink

Speak for yourself,who is the “WE” you desperate mofo. Always trying to sub-consciously piggyback.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by samorobo: 9:22pm On Mar 14, 2022
Wuoche:

I will post whatever I like,stick around for more.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by jl115: 10:18pm On Mar 14, 2022
samorobo:

Speak for yourself,who is the “WE” you desperate mofo. Always trying to sub-consciously piggyback.
"we" as in everybody that doesn't take you seriously.... Must I mention them?
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Transcriber: 10:34pm On Mar 14, 2022
jl115:
you late to the conversation my bru wink
never late
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by 68816419: 3:51am On Mar 15, 2022
How Lagos Looks Tonight - A City in Nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3qa_OEq6F0
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by 68816419: 3:53am On Mar 15, 2022
Just40:
@vankelvin

Seem a lot of people are going mad in this country.
25 years to 50 years lease hold 70ft x 100ft land going 120,000 dollars and already 70% of it is gone.

After the lease hold ends, the owner get to take whatever is built on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrJJ4eCFr5U
over priced i must say, check out these houses at lekki for the same price

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdAzx64SMG0&t=401s
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 8:24am On Mar 15, 2022
68816419:

over priced i must say, check out these houses at lekki for the same price

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdAzx64SMG0&t=401s

Accra is going through a phase of land overpricing for real estate and it's getting crazy...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1107) (1108) (1109) (1110) (1111) (1112) (1113) ... (2492) (Reply)

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.