Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,037 members, 7,814,544 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode - Politics (1107) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (1096306 Views)

Fayose Shuts Down Access Bank Branch Over Fani-Kayode's Wife's Detention / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) / What Buhari Promised Nigerians Vs What He Has Delivered - Kenyans Blast Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1104) (1105) (1106) (1107) (1108) (1109) (1110) ... (2491) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by kikuyu1(m): 9:12pm On Mar 11, 2022
GeneralDae:
India has surpassed Nigeria as the nation with the highest number of extremely poor people.

The World Poverty Clock, WPC, said this in its recent update, considering the COVID-19 pandemic economic effect.

The World Poverty Clock is an online tool that monitors the progress against poverty globally and regionally and provides real-time poverty data across countries.

According to its data, extremely poor people are those living on N800 per day (less than $2 per day).

In 2018, Nigeria held the position with about 87 million people in extreme poverty, compared with India's 73 million.

According to the new data, about 83 million Indians have been plunged into extreme poverty in 2022, representing six per cent of the country's population which stands at 1.3 billion.

For Nigeria, WPC said 70 million people are living in extreme poverty, representing 33 per cent of Nigeria's over 200 million people.

In 2020, the National Bureau of Statistics, NBS, said more than 80 million Nigerians live in extreme poverty (on a dollar per day).

https://allafrica.com/stories/202203100153.html

Jesus! No they haven't. They're 7x your population so on oer capita basis which is what matters you're wayyyy worse off.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by theenchanter: 9:14pm On Mar 11, 2022
kikuyu1:

Jesus! No they haven't. They're 7x your population so on oer capita basis which is what matters you're wayyyy worse off.
lol, Nigeria is also 4x Kenya's population, that means u're also worse off Nigeria when it comes to poverty indices. tongue

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by kikuyu1(m): 9:16pm On Mar 11, 2022
Shma:

I gave you what you wanted:

List of billionaires in Nairobi @$10m and $100m.. Nairobi was 3times Accra.

List of billionaires in Kenya @$10m and $100m.. Kenya dwarfed Ghana.

Where is the deflection?

That's 4 years old. With our growth rate is should be minimum 20% higher despite covid.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by GeneralDae: 9:24pm On Mar 11, 2022
kikuyu1:

True. However, we can agree that Nigeria is no longer the country with the largest poor population according to these sources you guys love to quote.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by GeneralDae: 9:24pm On Mar 11, 2022
theenchanter:
lol, Nigeria is also 4x Kenya's population, that means u're also worse off Nigeria when it comes to poverty indices. tongue
Nor mind the guy grin
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by kikuyu1(m): 9:44pm On Mar 11, 2022
Xx
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by kikuyu1(m): 9:45pm On Mar 11, 2022
We all knew this but still. My,my,my! A quarter century plus since "Uhuru" and inequality is just as bad if NOT worse than pre "94.

South Africa most unequal country in the world: Report
Race plays key factor in a society where 10 percent of population owns more than 80 percent of wealth, World Bank says.
[url][https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/3/10/south-africa-most-unequal-country-in-the-world-reporturl]
I checked out indig owned banks and found only a small micro leader focusing in rural clients and mine workers Ubank with total assets of a mere 50 mn $.
1 $ is 15 rand.

13. Ubank Limited
Ubank Limited was formerly known as Teba Bank and operates in the microfinance sector. Some of its services include transaction and savings accounts, debit cards, home, and personal loans, funeral plan products, mobile banking, and airtime contracts. It has over 50 branches and 100 ATM branches, spread out in the rural mining communities, where it employees over 840 workers.

Ubank Limited received its banking license in 2000, after operating under the exemption of Banks Acts for 24 years. In 2019 its assets totaled R5.7 billion, up from 2019’s R5.6 billion. During the same period, it advanced R719.2 million to customers. However, it made a loss before tax of R163.5 million, a drop from the previous year’s R257.4 million in profit.

I see a deliberate systemic denial of banking services to the majority similar to the US I earlier posted on. Coupled with the stagnant decade long per capita growth, social tensions and under performing education this ishyt isn't good at all.
BEE it's safe to say hasn't worked out as planned.

Nonkululeko Gobodo says South Africa needs a black-owned bank to help bridge the the high barriers to entry in the banking sector.
She says South Africa needs leadership that will finally "dissect" the current economic structure that makes black people feel like "unwelcome visitors" in big corporates and when they walk into a bank to ask for help.
She reckons South Africa's banking sector can't behave like it's operating in a first-world country.
[urlhttps://www.news24.com/fin24/economy/we-need-a-black-bank-to-stop-black-people-from-begging-nonkululeko-gobodo-20210602url]

In comparison our Afya savings and credit union,# 4 nationally as of 2019 has assets of 170 mn $.
I TRULY won't see the Hoggenheimers, the billionaire Anglo Jewish capital owners allowing any srs indig bank to grow.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Bifwoli: 2:27am On Mar 12, 2022
GeneralDae:
India has surpassed Nigeria as the nation with the highest number of extremely poor people.

The World Poverty Clock, WPC, said this in its recent update, considering the COVID-19 pandemic economic effect.

The World Poverty Clock is an online tool that monitors the progress against poverty globally and regionally and provides real-time poverty data across countries.

According to its data, extremely poor people are those living on N800 per day (less than $2 per day).

In 2018, Nigeria held the position with about 87 million people in extreme poverty, compared with India's 73 million.

According to the new data, about 83 million Indians have been plunged into extreme poverty in 2022, representing six per cent of the country's population which stands at 1.3 billion.

For Nigeria, WPC said 70 million people are living in extreme poverty, representing 33 per cent of Nigeria's over 200 million people.

In 2020, the National Bureau of Statistics, NBS, said more than 80 million Nigerians live in extreme poverty (on a dollar per day).

https://allafrica.com/stories/202203100153.html
Lies from the gates of hell.

The IMF website DataMapper section says Nigeria's economy will grow at 2.7% in 2022 ( a poverty inducing rate) and India will grow at 8.5% in 2022 (a poverty reducing rate)

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by theenchanter: 6:30am On Mar 12, 2022
Bifwoli:

The IMF website DataMapper section says Nigeria's economy will grow at 2.7% in 2022 ( a poverty inducing rate) and India will grow at 8.5% in 2022 (a poverty reducing rate)
projection, my bruh, projection.

Nigeria was also projected to grow at 1.9% in 2021 but our non-oil sector grew than expected, then IMF raised the projection to 2.5%.

Las las, we grew at 3.4% last year. Projections are not alpha & omega. wink

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by 68816419: 6:42am On Mar 12, 2022
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by GeneralDae: 6:48am On Mar 12, 2022
Bifwoli:

Who is talking about projections? How do projections automatically equate to reality.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by GeneralDae: 1:37pm On Mar 12, 2022
New Lagos Airport terminal. Likely to be opened this month.

4 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by jl115: 1:48pm On Mar 12, 2022
Just40:
You're really not smart ...

Ain't you the one who posted it here that you export 2.8 million tonnes of maize, according to export data?

If you export 2.8 million tonnes, how many more million of tonnes in other grains will you need to import to meet your 19.9 million tonnes demand?
See the problem you currently have is you are stuck with this idea that our grain consumption is 19.9million(how you got that figure I don't know) when it clearly isn't mathematically possible for it to be 19.9million

And 2.8million was our total grain exports and 1.9 million was our total grain import.......thus by using simple mathematics our local consumption is around 17.1 million (local production @18 million tons)
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by theenchanter: 5:44pm On Mar 12, 2022
GeneralDae:
New Lagos Airport terminal. Likely to be opened this month.
I thought they opened a terminal at MMA last year, is this another terminal?
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by samorobo: 6:02pm On Mar 12, 2022
Bifwoli:

IMF projections are shiit,no one takes its seriously.it’s called projection for a reason.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 6:02pm On Mar 12, 2022
kikuyu1:

That's 4 years old. With our growth rate is should be minimum 20% higher despite covid.

Exactly. If we have 4times number of super-rich, than Ghana, in 2018. what do you think the figures will be in 2022, considering the growth rate?

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by samorobo: 6:04pm On Mar 12, 2022
Shma:

Let's assume that 1km is not a street, it doesn't exist.

Now, Do you want to see dongo kundu highway, or likoni bridge, or kibwezi highway, or the new makupa bridge? Name one.

Apart from the few dongo-kondo that was recently completed in Mombasa ,the rest of Mombasa is practically roadless. Quote me anywhere.

P.S I bet they are even less than 5km individually.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by samorobo: 6:05pm On Mar 12, 2022
Shma:

I asked chanter. You're not in the right mental capacity to handle this question.

Stay in your lane and know peace. I said I will never engage dimwits like YOU.

We will grow sporadically,EAC will progress as it should and you will cry hot blood wishing an inch of your zoo could look half as developed and futuristic as EAC. SA cry’s blood how much more a little zoo like Kenya.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 6:09pm On Mar 12, 2022
samorobo:

Apart from the few dongo-kondo that was recently completed in Mombasa , the rest of Mombasa is practically roadless. Quote me anywhere.

P.S I bet they are even less than 5km individually.

The problem with you is that you don't debate. You're always here to spew your emotions and insecurities. Always disputing.

Dongo kundu is 18km.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 6:11pm On Mar 12, 2022
Just40:
for the record.... We have as many as 4, according to various accounting firms.

Slow kid ..... The international standard of measuring wealth is in foreign reserve currencies. So I don't expect you to Bea fool in another argument grin

Save your words.

You're talking too much of nothing. Half-baked info.

Compare apple with apples. If you have the same source that ranks Kenya and your dwarf republic in the same page, drop the link.

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 6:17pm On Mar 12, 2022
Appisko:

And re there any in Kenya?

According to tabel above there is only one Billionaire in the whole of Easte Africa

Yes, here is the list of Kenyan billionaires, as you can see, they are 3times your dwarf republic.

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by GeneralDae: 6:20pm On Mar 12, 2022
theenchanter:
I thought they opened a terminal at MMA last year, is this another terminal?
It has been complete for a long time now but for some reason they have delayed the comissioning for use since last year.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by theenchanter: 6:21pm On Mar 12, 2022
GeneralDae:

It has been complete for a long time now but for some reason they have delayed the comissioning for use since last year.
oh, ok.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 7:53pm On Mar 12, 2022
Shma:

Exactly. If we have 4times number of super-rich, than Ghana, in 2018. what do you think the figures will be in 2022, considering the growth rate?
Ghana super rich figures was growing at 57% per annum while yours was only going at 7%

By this time, Ghana has surpassed you

3 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 7:55pm On Mar 12, 2022
Shma:

Save your words.

You're talking too much of nothing. Half-baked info.

Compare apple with apples. If you have the same source that ranks Kenya and your dwarf republic in the same page, drop the link.
still making useless noise out of topic ...

Your skeletal republic need a lot of learning

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by samorobo: 8:25pm On Mar 12, 2022
Shma:

The problem with you is that you don't debate. You're always here to spew your emotions and insecurities. Always disputing.

Dongo kundu is 18km.

This thread is a place to dispute and debunk rumors and lies.Get use to it.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 8:33pm On Mar 12, 2022
Just40:
Ghana super rich figures was growing at 57% per annum while yours was only going at 7%

By this time, Ghana has surpassed you

Apples and apples. where is your propaganda coming from? Drop the link or f*ck off.

I can't be wasting words with a dwarf on an unknown platform everyday.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 8:38pm On Mar 12, 2022
samorobo:

This thread is a place to dispute and debunk rumors and lies .Get use to it.
And you're telling me like who? I know.
What YOU do, is not in your list above.
You spew emotions, tantrums and debunk things from your miasma of imagination.

GTC is ugly, 88 is dead and forgotten, dongo kundu is 4km, Nairobi expresway is a mere flyover, ..... Bluhbluhblu...
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 9:03pm On Mar 12, 2022
Shma:

Apples and apples. where is your propaganda coming from? Drop the link or f*ck off.

I can't be wasting words with a dwarf on an unknown platform everyday.
dwarf ... Stop acting dumb and get back to topic

For someone who don't know the difference between a millionaire and a billionaire... Any kind of engagement will be a waste of my precious time.

You need education

3 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by jl115: 9:05pm On Mar 12, 2022
samorobo:

IMF projections are shiit,no one takes its seriously.it’s called projection for a reason.
actually people do take the IMF seriously mate wink
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by BeforeJuly: 9:36pm On Mar 12, 2022
kikuyu1:

Lmao but when Nigerians use this logic for literacy rate and English proficiency statistics everyone would dispute it.

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 9:45pm On Mar 12, 2022
@vankelvin

Seem a lot of people are going mad in this country.
25 years to 50 years lease hold 70ft x 100ft land going 120,000 dollars and already 70% of it is gone.

After the lease hold ends, the owner get to take whatever is built on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrJJ4eCFr5U

(1) (2) (3) ... (1104) (1105) (1106) (1107) (1108) (1109) (1110) ... (2491) (Reply)

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.