Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,267 members, 7,811,766 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:14 PM

Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode - Politics (1296) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (1092041 Views)

Fayose Shuts Down Access Bank Branch Over Fani-Kayode's Wife's Detention / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) / What Buhari Promised Nigerians Vs What He Has Delivered - Kenyans Blast Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1293) (1294) (1295) (1296) (1297) (1298) (1299) ... (2490) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by obaaderemi: 1:17pm On Jun 13, 2022
Balogunodua:

$9billoin shocked then Obasanjo needs to be
whipped... grin
That's What Tinubu tried to solve in 1999 with the contract with Enron. At a fraction of what the FG would have paid.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by QuietMynd: 1:20pm On Jun 13, 2022
rvp2018:
The he is the best. Electricity issues will for example be sorted by dealing with supply/distribution and generation companies issues. Those are business that are inefficient - and you need a business mind to figured it out.

The same way Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala fixed Nigeria banking - and now it's only sector in Nigeria thriving - is what is required in other sectors.

U re a fool, banking is the only sector working in Nigeria.

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by obaaderemi: 1:25pm On Jun 13, 2022
theenchanter:
exactly, this was the talk sometime ago, but I don't think they're ready for full unbundling.

Some states are actually building theirs.

But another thing I want u to know is that fed govt is only involved in transmission section of the power sector, not generation and distribution.
Kainji, our biggest hydropower station is still in government's hands. Power generation in my own opinion is not really privatised yet in Nigeria.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by QuietMynd: 1:39pm On Jun 13, 2022
rvp2018:
Nigeria has installed capacity of 12,000MW - and it can barely get 4,000MW. So hardware is not the problem. The problem is software.

From your article...I see 10M meter gap and then we have illegal connection problem. These are easy to fix problems that cost very little. A pre-paid meter cost about 25 dollars....which customers can happily bear ..if not..it will cost 250M dollars. The rest is to get army and police to go house to house like a census....making sure...no illegal connection has been done....and everyone has pre-paid meters.

Those pre-paid meters connected to mobile money/fintech to generate tokens...will see money flowing to distribution companies...and once they are not bankrupt...they will pay for electricity.

As of now - large majority of that 8,000MW that is idle - is because the turbines wont run as distro companies wont pay - generating companies dont have money to buy gas or diesel or whatever they use to run turbines.

End result - waste of money - which is quite common in Nigeria.

Are u sure something is not wrong with you.
Prepaid meter 25 dollars
Why can't you go and steal it
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by ItooWorWor(m): 2:36pm On Jun 13, 2022
rvp2018:
The he is the best. Electricity issues will for example be sorted by dealing with supply/distribution and generation companies issues. Those are business that are inefficient - and you need a business mind to figured it out.

The same way Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala fixed Nigeria banking - and now it's only sector in Nigeria thriving - is what is required in other sectors.

You're just too stupid to define cheesy
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by GeneralDae: 2:40pm On Jun 13, 2022
ItooWorWor:

You're just too stupid to define cheesy
Funny ehn grin. not even Charles Soludo but Okonjo Iweala. I wonder where he gets his Naija info from.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by ItooWorWor(m): 2:46pm On Jun 13, 2022
GeneralDae:

Funny ehn grin. not even Charles Soludo but Okonjo Iweala. I wonder where he gets his Naija info from.
He is pathological lair cheesy

He always dish out lies with so much confidence that will make you wonder if he is really OK.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by ItooWorWor(m): 2:52pm On Jun 13, 2022
Balogunodua:

You most have been high on low budget weed when you type Nigeria in your quote dumbo.....And yes generator melodies made Nigeria economy bigger than Kenya the hellhole could ever dream of loser. Lagos economy alone dwarf that of your useless country called Kenya the hellhole on earth whose people are failed experiment made by fallen Angels

Now you failed project called Kenyans can go drown in the poverty hellhole called Kenya....

Baroda mi.. cheesy

Tekam eziiiiiiii grin
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by samorobo: 2:58pm On Jun 13, 2022
theenchanter:
it's more of hardware than software. The transmission lines need to be expanded to carry over 25gw of power.

Right now, the transmission lines can only carry 5gw, anything over than that, it'll collapse.

I know you are into PHCN and all that,so I believe you must have heard gist and rumors. Do you think they are taking that deal
With SIEMENS seriously or it’s all noise.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Kuruptnigga: 4:15pm On Jun 13, 2022
Balogunodua:

U de mind d idiot whose ancestors gave traded their brain for food and water.... grin
People wey dey rent their wife for tourists to fvck for ordinary $1 grin
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 4:28pm On Jun 13, 2022
rvp2018:
You're wasting money.
Obasanjo spend 16B dollars; Total wasted money; Nigeria remain in darkness.
Kenya and Ghana spend almost zero; most investment coming in as IPPS.
Kenya and Ghana have stable electricity.
The reason is once you fix regulatory and systemic issues - electricity will attract private investment - because this like Telcom.
There is ready market for electricity in Nigeria. Private sector will invest and get money. Nigeria gov should invest IN EDUCATION.
It's just too chaotic for anyone to come in - with illegal meters and broken transmission.
There's nothing like zero cost when it comes to resolving electricity issue.
It cost Ghana 13 to 16 billion dollars to resolved it recent electricity issues.

As I speak, some of the works are still going on. Like the restraining of over 10,000km of high voltage GRIDCO transmission lines in order to completely move the transmission lines from the 1950s technology.

As well as making the country less vulnerable by creating 3 more energy hubs instead of relying on the current ones in Tema and Takoradi.
Power plants are being moved to Central Ghana specifically Kumasi to stabilize the entire central Ghana.
And others will be moved to Northern Ghana.

All of this is money intensive and Nigeria will need at least 40 billion dollars.

5 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by gallivant: 5:00pm On Jun 13, 2022
QuietMynd:

Shut up, there is nothing Kenya can teach us about privatization

Air Nigeria? Abeokuta steel? Etc etc

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by gallivant: 5:10pm On Jun 13, 2022
Tayser:
Btw, kazi, we also clinched gold in the 4 by 100 M relay (lemmi know if you need an explanation on this), literally making us the kings of short, medium, long and anything in between. Our medal tally now captures the entire spectrum, which is to say we are versatile asf.

Notice how the noise makers have nothing to say. That's what domination is all about, not about how much noise a hobbit can make!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by samorobo: 6:22pm On Jun 13, 2022
gallivant:

Pls I don’t want talk anything aircraft in Kenya,pls.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by QuietMynd: 7:32pm On Jun 13, 2022
gallivant:

Nd ur point is,
There is nothing called Air Nigeria and abeokuta steel mugu
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 7:34pm On Jun 13, 2022
I know you're mad man but for sake of others - let me engage you.

The last large public investment Ghana did was 1960s buiding of volta dam.

Otherwise most of the investment came from IPPS - as of 2016 - private sector were doing 2000MW compared to 2500MW that gov of Ghana has invested (with 1,000MW being the Volta dam built by Nkurumah ages ago).

The participation of independent power producers (IPPs) in Ghana has continued to grow since the thermal Takoradi Power Station was first built in Aboadze in 2004. Indeed, IPPs are quickly catching up to public generation in terms of capacity. As of October 2017, the power capacity that is provided by IPPs and non-state-run power plants in Ghana stands at 1925 MW, compared to 2456 MW of installed capacity at the state-backed primary electricity generation utility Volta River Authority (VRA). In total, there are nine IPPs providing electricity, including the 400-MW Bui Dam, seven thermal plants with installed capacity of 1505 MW, and the 20-MW solar plant completed by BXC Ghana, a subsidiary of China-based industrial conglomerate Beijing Fuxing Xiao-Cheng Electronic. The interest in IPPs is likely to continue into 2018 and beyond as additional projects come on-line and policies encourage the engagement of private energy players.

According to a 2016 World Bank report, there are 126 IPPs present in 18 countries in sub-Saharan Africa, providing more than 13% of total installed generation capacity. Ghana has the fourth-highest capacity generated by IPPs and ranks third in terms of investment, after South Africa, Kenya and Nigeria, with both metrics growing

https://oxfordbusinessgroup.com/analysis/private-players-independent-producers-set-have-increasingly-important-role#:~:text=In%20total%2C%20there%20are%20nine,Beijing%20Fuxing%20Xiao%2DCheng%20Electronic.

Just40:
There's nothing like zero cost when it comes to resolving electricity issue.
It cost Ghana 13 to 16 billion dollars to resolved it recent electricity issues.

As I speak, some of the works are still going on. Like the restraining of over 10,000km of high voltage GRIDCO transmission lines in order to completely move the transmission lines from the 1950s technology.

As well as making the country less vulnerable by creating 3 more energy hubs instead of relying on the current ones in Tema and Takoradi.
Power plants are being moved to Central Ghana specifically Kumasi to stabilize the entire central Ghana.
And others will be moved to Northern Ghana.

All of this is money intensive and Nigeria will need at least 40 billion dollars.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by PetroDolla2020: 8:02pm On Jun 13, 2022
Pure rubbish! frustrated, starving mudder fuggerx cool
[s]
rvp2018:

Otherwise most of the investment came from IPPS - as of 2016 - private sector were doing 2000MW compared to 2500MW that gov of Ghana has invested (with 1,000MW being the Volta dam built by Nkurumah ages ago).

The participation of independent power producers (IPPs) in Ghana has continued to grow since the thermal Takoradi Power Station was first built in Aboadze in 2004. Indeed, IPPs are quickly catching up to public generation in terms of capacity. As of October 2017, the power capacity that is provided by IPPs and non-state-run power plants in Ghana stands at 1925 MW, compared to 2456 MW of installed capacity at the state-backed primary electricity generation utility Volta River Authority (VRA). In total, there are nine IPPs providing electricity, including the 400-MW Bui Dam, seven thermal plants with installed capacity of 1505 MW, and the 20-MW solar plant completed by BXC Ghana, a subsidiary of China-based industrial conglomerate Beijing Fuxing Xiao-Cheng Electronic. The interest in IPPs is likely to continue into 2018 and beyond as additional projects come on-line and policies encourage the engagement of private energy players.

According to a 2016 World Bank report, there are 126 IPPs present in 18 countries in sub-Saharan Africa, providing more than 13% of total installed generation capacity. Ghana has the fourth-highest capacity generated by IPPs and ranks third in terms of investment, after South Africa, Kenya and Nigeria, with both metrics growing

https://oxfordbusinessgroup.com/analysis/private-players-independent-producers-set-have-increasingly-important-role#:~:text=In%20total%2C%20there%20are%20nine,Beijing%20Fuxing%20Xiao%2DCheng%20Electronic.

[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 8:50pm On Jun 13, 2022
rvp2018:

Posting a whole lot of non issue like the lunatic you are.

You made a useless point and you were corrected, now you are all around the place. Where were you educated again?

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 9:37pm On Jun 13, 2022
What useless point?
Ghana when it had electricity problems - did not invest money - it simply changed the regulations - and invited IPPS.
IPPS came - put down the investment - and generated power.
Kenya did the same.
Nigeria can do the same.
Only mistake Ghana did was to go overboard - in signing IPPS - which have take or pay clauses.

And situation now - half the capacity is going to waste - Ghana is paying IPPS not to run the turbines.

Ghana currently has over 5,300 MW of installed generation capacity, though actual availability rarely exceeds 2,400 MW due to changing hydrological conditions, inadequate fuel supplies and dilapidated infrastructure.
https://www.usaid.gov/powerafrica/ghana

Just40:
Posting a whole lot of non issue like the lunatic you are.

You made a useless point and you were corrected, now you are all around the place. Where were you educated again?

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by ItooWorWor(m): 9:45pm On Jun 13, 2022
gallivant:

Air Nigeria and Abeokuta steel cheesy you must be a dunce grin
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Kazikazi: 9:49pm On Jun 13, 2022
Tayser:
Btw, kazi, we also clinched gold in the 4 by 100 M relay (lemmi know if you need an explanation on this), literally making us the kings of short, medium, long and anything in between. Our medal tally now captures the entire spectrum, which is to say we are versatile asf.
Yes,you are officially the kings of chasing the wind.
But can you educate me something about how you have managed to be where you are,winning any race we know of...
tell me, when someone runs a marathon,should a person do it with empty belly or you need to eat some food before running?
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 9:53pm On Jun 13, 2022
rvp2018:
What useless point?
Ghana when it had electricity problems - did not invest money - it simply changed the regulations - and invited IPPS.
IPPS came - put down the investment - and generated power.
Kenya did the same.
Nigeria can do the same.
Only mistake Ghana did was to go overboard - in signing IPPS - which have take or pay clauses.

And situation now - half the capacity is going to waste - Ghana is paying IPPS not to run the turbines.

Ghana currently has over 5,300 MW of installed generation capacity, though actual availability rarely exceeds 2,400 MW due to changing hydrological conditions, inadequate fuel supplies and dilapidated infrastructure.
https://www.usaid.gov/powerafrica/ghana

how Is half the capacity going to waste when demand is already at 4,000MW?

Do you think IPPs give you free generation capacity?
You pay for it. We cannot leave our energy sector to private foreigners domination, It will be a security threat to our nations
so we end up owning it all for our capable VRA.

Only private players currently are Ghanaian own firms....

Anyway I'm curious to know why a big country like Kenya with almost 60 million people only have 2,400km of transmission lines.

3 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by theenchanter: 10:16pm On Jun 13, 2022
obaaderemi:
Kainji, our biggest hydropower station is still in government's hands. Power generation in my own opinion is not really privatised yet in Nigeria.
kainji dam is operated by mainstream energy, Not fed govt.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by theenchanter: 10:20pm On Jun 13, 2022
samorobo:

I know you are into PHCN and all that,so I believe you must have heard gist and rumors. Do you think they are taking that deal
With SIEMENS seriously or it’s all noise.
it's serious. I was at apapa around March to see some equipments that landed. I don't know if I still have the pics in my archive.

Those equipments were so huge and I was wondering how they would be hauled..... On bridges, of course.

And those equipments will be sent to different part of the country. Another batch is coming by 4th quarter of this year ...... Even world bank is part of the financiers.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jun 13, 2022
Kazikazi:
Yes,you are officially the kings of TRACK AND FIELD

There is the correct statement wink

tell me, when someone runs a marathon,should a person do it with empty belly or you need to eat some food before running?

I don't think so, especially in 100 meters, definitely not possible. You need to be well fed with the precise nutrition.

But can you educate me something about how you have managed to be where you are,winning any race we know of

The answer is very simple, hard work and dedication. Don't rest like Ethiopians who are content with the long races. Kenyans went for more and ventured into all events. That's something the men of Tanzania can learn instead of feeding on their wives breastmilk.

4 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jun 13, 2022
rvp2018:
on 10th August less than two months.. you will see him lose with huge margin. My prediction is Ruto will win by 54 versus 45 with wajackoyah taking 1 percent.Kenya election are easy to predict because of its ethnic orientation and as long as Raila has failed to get Kikuyu vote he is going nowhere.But no need for long arguments...let wait for 50 days

I don't think so. He effed up so badly the last couple weeks while Raila made a serious monkey jump that has made it impossible for Ruto to gain new ground. This will actually be the most clear cut election since 2002/03.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by gallivant: 11:15pm On Jun 13, 2022
ItooWorWor:

Air Nigeria and Abeokuta steel cheesy you must be a dunce grin

I meant Ajeokuta steel and Nigerian Airways. Both massive failures, but you know that already.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by gallivant: 11:17pm On Jun 13, 2022
Kazikazi:
Yes,you are officially the kings of chasing the wind.
But can you educate me something about how you have managed to be where you are,winning any race we know of...

You failed to win a single event but thinking about food? Lazy folk.

3 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by samorobo: 2:43am On Jun 14, 2022
theenchanter:
it's serious. I was at apapa around March to see some equipments that landed. I don't know if I still have the pics in my archive.

Those equipments were so huge and I was wondering how they would be hauled..... On bridges, of course.

And those equipments will be sent to different part of the country. Another batch is coming by 4th quarter of this year ...... Even world bank is part of the financiers.

Oh okay.
That’s good
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 4:59am On Jun 14, 2022
No problem. Let's meet on august 10th. These will be more or less the numbers.

The presidential election projection.

Ruto - 53-54%
Raila - 45-46%
Wajackoyah -1%
Mwaura - 0.3%

The Parliament, Senate and Governors Projection

Parliament Senate Gov
UDA 182 27 26
ODM 63 11 5
JUBILEE 26 3 4
WIPER 18 3 4
ANC 12 0 2
FORDK 9 1 2
KANU 2 1 0
KK(affl) 7 0 0
AZ(affl)- 17 1 4
336 47 47
UDA Nom 7 12
ODM Nom 3 5
JUBILEE Nom 1 2
WIPER Nom 1 2
SPEAKER(KK) 1 1
349 69 47

Remember those numbers - and on 10th August - Let's review.

How Azimio hope to win and run gov when Ruto's Kenya Kwanza will have nearly the absolute majority of Mps and senators is BEYOND me smiley

Tayser:

I don't think so. He effed up so badly the last couple weeks while Raila made a serious monkey jump that has made it impossible for Ruto to gain new ground. This will actually be the most clear cut election since 2002/03.

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by ItooWorWor(m): 9:11am On Jun 14, 2022
gallivant:

I meant Ajeokuta steel and Nigerian Airways. Both massive failures, but you know that already.
Ajeokuta cheesy now you are a solid dunce grin

Kenya as a whole is a failure....

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by samorobo: 11:11am On Jun 14, 2022
gallivant:

KQ is a failure,a flying coffin for lack of better words.
Ajaokuta will soon be bought by dangote.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1293) (1294) (1295) (1296) (1297) (1298) (1299) ... (2490) (Reply)

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.