Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,081 members, 7,811,025 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:05 PM

Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode - Politics (1298) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (1090574 Views)

Fayose Shuts Down Access Bank Branch Over Fani-Kayode's Wife's Detention / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) / What Buhari Promised Nigerians Vs What He Has Delivered - Kenyans Blast Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1295) (1296) (1297) (1298) (1299) (1300) (1301) ... (2490) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Kazikazi: 8:58pm On Jun 14, 2022
Tanzania
Zanzibar

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by kikuyu1(m): 8:58pm On Jun 14, 2022
Tayser:

Believe is a strong word.

Look at their 2013 polls. I swear it was pure comedy! Early 2013 they had Uhunye/Rao at 39% to 51%! I specifically rmbr Ambitho had Muranga giving RAO a whole 30 % not 20 or even 13 % but 30 ; I can't find the breakdown right now! If that's not BET Kings of Comedy special scriptwriting I don't know what is.

[url][https://www.wikiwand.com/en/2013_Kenyan_general_electionurl]
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Kazikazi: 9:00pm On Jun 14, 2022
Tanzania
azao,pemba

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jun 14, 2022
kikuyu1:

Look at their 2013 polls. I swear it was pure comedy! Early 2013 they had Uhunye/Rao at 39% to 51%! I specifically rmbr Ambitho had Muranga giving RAO a whole 30 % not 20 or even 13 % but 30 ; I can't find the breakdown right now! If that's not BET Kings of Comedy special scriptwriting I don't know what is.

[url][https://www.wikiwand.com/en/2013_Kenyan_general_electionurl]

No doubt.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Kazikazi: 9:10pm On Jun 14, 2022
Tayser:

I gave you the answer. You need food to run any race. If Tanzanians are so full why can't they run? grin
Am talking about a marathon not a Sprint of 100 metres.
In a marathon,you need to have empty belly to be successful that's why u guys with your food shortages u do well in that category.The day u graduate from starvations,then no medal will u win.
Anyway,I salute u guys for using those empty bellies to win something,you have been famous worldwide flying your flag
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jun 14, 2022
Kazikazi:
Am talking about a marathon not a Sprint of 100 metres.
In a marathon,you need to have empty belly to be successful that's why u guys with your food shortages u do well in that category.The day u graduate from starvations,then no medal will u win.
Anyway,I salute u guys for using those empty bellies to win something,you have been famous worldwide flying your flag

But we won 100 m and relay, sports that supposedly require a full belly, as full as a Tanzanians belly. So why can't the lazy Tanzanians win any sport that requires a full belly?
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Kazikazi: 9:17pm On Jun 14, 2022
loomalasin,Tanzania

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 9:18pm On Jun 14, 2022
There is no runoff scenario unless Wajackoyah gains momentum. This already a run-off as the line up is very clear binary choice.

Kenya politics is tribal - Martha can only cause an impact in Mt Kenya - and if she fails to get traction there - then Azimio will have wasted DPORK...because Ukambani might not vote enthusiastically like it would.

Is she getting traction in Mt kenya - it appears her momentum didnt last a week - and it's fizzled out.
Her rallies this week in Muranga, Kirinyanga and Nyeri were pure disaster as folks kept off.

Anyway we have one and half month to go.

Put you numbers. After 9th August. We will meet here.

Tayser:

grin grin
Alright bro, we'll see. In my view it all hinges on Martha's effect. If the undecided voters go her way the Azimio camp will easily garner 60 %. If not then there will be a runoff. I just cant see how Ruto will win, honestly. Lets wait and see. wink

3 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Kazikazi: 9:21pm On Jun 14, 2022
Finally the first consignement of Tanzania's avos arrived in netherllands

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jun 14, 2022
Kazikazi:
loomalasin,Tanzania

You must quit killing Maasais to give their land to Arabs. Otherwise they will move to North to Kenya and launch something massive.

4 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 9:22pm On Jun 14, 2022
Did you finish evicting Maasai from their ancestral so you can sell the land for hunting by a few Arabs - your dependable colonizers since 10th century.
Kazikazi:
loomalasin,Tanzania

4 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Kazikazi: 9:27pm On Jun 14, 2022
Tayser:

But we won 100 m and relay, sports that supposedly require a full belly, as full as a Tanzanians belly. So why can't the lazy Tanzanians win any sport that requires a full belly?
You think growing food is easy? How can a lazy man feed you?

I told u,with empty bellies,marathon becomes your natural choice
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by kikuyu1(m): 9:27pm On Jun 14, 2022
gallivant:
I used to like Raila Odinga, in opposition fighting for the rights of Kenyans and keeping the government in check. Now he is in bed with the deep state, I am terrified of the consequences. I will vote Ruto for fear of the alternative and a real change of the ruling class.

My goodness! Rmbr the aflatoxin maize story in '09? Kenya Bureau of Standards found a consignment of SA maize infected with aflatoxin. RAO had the MD Kioko wa Mangeli sacked and imported it anyway.

Mang’eli’s tiff with Odinga was centred on the importation of some 6,350 metric tonnes of maize from South Africa in 2009.

Raila blamed KeBS for declaring the consignment unfit for human consumption.
[url]https://www.kenyans.co.ke/news/42499-day-top-govt-boss-was-sacked-fighting-raila/url]

Since then cancers have spiked.

While seemingly harmless, consumption of maize can be dangerous in this part of the world. Kenya is one of the world’s hotspots for aflatoxins. Poisonous levels of aflatoxins have reportedly killed at least 157 people in Kenya and the overconsumption of maize is also contributing to the country’s growing burden of cancer.

https://www.devex.com/news/kenyans-love-maize-but-aflatoxins-are-making-it-dangerous-96279

Tbh, it's difficult to quantify his exact measure of responsibility but he can't escape it as he bulldozed the decision to knowingly import infected maize.

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jun 14, 2022
rvp2018:
There is no runoff scenario unless Wajackoyah gains momentum. This already a run-off as the line up is very clear binary choice.

Kenya politics is tribal - Martha can only cause an impact in Mt Kenya - and if she fails to get traction there - then Azimio will have wasted DPORK...because Ukambani might not vote enthusiastically like it would.

Is she getting traction in Mt kenya - it appears her momentum didnt last a week - and it's fizzled out.
Her rallies this week in Muranga, Kirinyanga and Nyeri were pure disaster as folks kept off.

Anyway we have one and half month to go.

Put you numbers. After 9th August. We will meet here.

I think the Roots fella is doing a social experiment? Hard to understand what he's doing. Typically I don't get too deep into these things but I can give an estimate of 51-57 for Azimio and 42-49 for KK, barring a massive change in the political landscape. 55 days is a very long time in politics anything can happen. We live in the same environments but perceive reality differently.

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jun 14, 2022
Kazikazi:
You think growing food is easy? How can a lazy man feed you?

I told u,with empty bellies,marathon becomes your natural choice

So why can't full belly Tanzanians run or play any sport?

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Kazikazi: 9:33pm On Jun 14, 2022
Tayser:

You must quit killing Maasais to give their land to Arabs. Otherwise they will move to North to Kenya and launch something massive.
you dont know TZ. By law,u cant refuse to move out of the land if the gov wants to use the land for public projects or any development projects.Those masais who tried to go against gov are from kenya.Even on SGR,many folks have been moved from their land to make a space for the longest electrified speedy SGR in Africa.

Even all other protected areas like the one I showed u above,people were moved from those areas.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by kikuyu1(m): 9:34pm On Jun 14, 2022
Tayser:

I think the Roots fella is doing a social experiment? Hard to understand what he's doing. Typically I don't get too deep into these things but I can give an estimate of 51-57 for Azimio and 42-49 for KK, barring a massive change in the political landscape. 55 days is a very long time in politics anything can happen. We live in the same environments but perceive reality differently.

My own analysis broadly tallies with rvp's. Where are your figures from?
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Kazikazi: 9:43pm On Jun 14, 2022
rvp2018:
Did you finish evicting Maasai from their ancestral so you can sell the land for hunting by a few Arabs - your dependable colonizers since 10th century.
About 35% of TZ land is a protected areas set aside for conservation.
Thanks to millions of fellows who gave away their ancestral lands for the sake of conservations.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 9:49pm On Jun 14, 2022
Tayser:

Well noted..45 for Ruto versus 55 for Raila with 3 percent error rate..Let's see on night of the 9th.It should be easy to call once results stream in.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 9:50pm On Jun 14, 2022
Kazikazi:
About 35% of TZ land is a protected areas set aside for conservation.
Thanks to millions of fellows who gave away their ancestral lands for the sake of conservations.
Why do you need more land in this century.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 9:51pm On Jun 14, 2022
Kazikazi:
you dont know TZ. By law,u cant refuse to move out of the land if the gov wants to use the land for public projects or any development projects.Those masais who tried to go against gov are from kenya.Even on SGR,many folks have been moved from their land to make a space for the longest electrified speedy SGR in Africa.

Even all other protected areas like the one I showed u above,people were moved from those areas.
One reason you can't develop..such weak property rights make people afraid to invest

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jun 14, 2022
kikuyu1:

My own analysis broadly tallies with rvp's. Where are your figures from?

Where are yours from?
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jun 14, 2022
Kazikazi:

What do the Arabs want to do with the land?

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jun 14, 2022
rvp2018:
Well noted..45 for Ruto versus 55 for Raila with 3 percent error rate..Let's see on night of the 9th.It should be easy to call once results stream in.

Hopefully you won't mind deactivating for a week in my honour wink
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 10:49pm On Jun 14, 2022
Nope. I am democrat. I will accept the result and move on.
Tayser:

Hopefully you won't mind deactivating for a week in my honour wink
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Saddamochieng00(m): 8:42am On Jun 15, 2022
rvp2018:
He cant. Too old. Ruto doesnt joke. Raila violence start in 1982 failed coup and is ending in two months. He can barely stay a wake.

You should listen to Ruto - so you know what leaders nigeria are missing. Ruto is closest to Meles Zenawi we have in Africa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4UIksvFAFI

Raila's economic plan is an utter joke and begs the question if he even has an economic team. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if this is the case. The reports I've received from some of his people in 2007(ODM) and 2017(NASA) speaks of disorderliness, lack of vision, massive corruption(direct tickets), poor decision making, disloyalty, ingratitude....the list is long. All I'm trying to say is Baba is of questionable character and can't be trusted with that seat.

This is coming from a former supporter who practiced selective blindness over all these issues but with time couldn't overlook them anymore.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by kikuyu1(m): 9:57am On Jun 15, 2022
rvp2018:
I had to read that twice.

My father also met Ruto under almost exact same circumstance around the same time.
Previously my father had no time for KANU and it's orphan. Despite us being same tribe with Moi - my father was key DP (Kibaki) supporter.
I grew up also supporting DP - my dad considered kibaki a brilliant leader - so through 90s we supported and voted for him - he use to get 3-5 votes in entire constituency from our family - Moi got everything else.

Long story short - in 2007 I was disappointed with Kibaki tribalism and abandoning the narc dream - esp devolution.federalism - in Bomas - so I joined ODM - my father stuck with Kibaki - distrusting Raila - he was now reduced to 1 vote for Kibaki - in our family.

Of course we have violence and all that - Ruto get appointed to Min of Kilimo. My father and others had been struggling to be allowed to sell their tea to multinationals- who are besides our farms. KTDA had blocked all such attempts despite tea being liberazed (sp) in 1995. Sometimes they would allow it - then block it.

Long story short - Ruto gave my father and his group - a six am appointment - and in 10 minutes solved a problem that had been lingering for almost 20yrs. The battles we had with KTDA were many. Ruto took a phone call - told the MD of KTDA to read the tea act - and smallholder tea farms in my area were allowed to freely sell their tea. In five years our village totally transformed as now people were able to get 40shs per kilo - paid instantly - and didnt have to wait for a year - and there were no quality or tea overstaying - or name it. Biggest problem if you have large tea farms - those quality standards are too exating.

Anyway from then my father was sold. Ruto is one serious guy who report to office at even 5 am in the morning - and is very punctual - and put in real hardwork for long hours.

Kenya in 10yrs with his leadership will change like Ethiopia did under Meles.

Uhuru and Mois are desperate to stop him using Raila - but as long as they have failed to convince your people the kikuyus to board Raila train - Ruto is sleepwalking to statehouse.

We're in agreement as in most cases....but. Frankly,I'm really not impressed with Ruto's recent moves. Firstly there was the abandonment,some say betrayal of Kindiki. Then there's other pronouncements like returning the ICD depots to Mombasa,free diapers for 3 months, 50% women in cabinet that have me rethinking things. I'm yet to hear viable ideas like operationalising the bottom up economic approach via reviving ethnic welfare associations to pool resources for members in group initiatives. Like your Sarun Amabet Welfare association or Myot group but more financially and economically inclined like Luo union or GEMA with group investments in real estate,hospitality,manufacturing etc,etc.
Mzee,as things stand now I may actually sit this one out.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by GeneralDae: 10:08am On Jun 15, 2022
Lagos Nigeria.

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jun 15, 2022
kikuyu1:

We're in agreement as in most cases....but. Frankly,I'm really not impressed with Ruto's recent moves. Firstly there was the abandonment,some say betrayal of Kindiki.
Then there's other pronouncements like returning the ICD depots to Mombasa,free diapers for 3 months, 50% women in cabinet that have me rethinking things. I'm yet to hear viable ideas like operationalising the bottom up economic approach via reviving ethnic welfare associations to pool resources for members in group initiatives. Like your Sarun Amabet Welfare association or Myot group but more financially and economically inclined like Luo union or GEMA with group investments in real estate,hospitality,manufacturing etc,etc.
Mzee,as things stand now I may actually sit this one out.
One among several reasons that made me Quit 'Kenya kwisha.' We can't trust someone who can't think like a leader. Gachagua is a slow destruction - a catastrophe for UDA in that matter. I've listened to some of his manifestos and they ring primitiveness of the highest order. His ideals are stone age and don't hold the interests of many Kenyans.

RARUA is the real deal. All the leadership aspects can be seen and felt. We need people who have Kenya's best interest at heart, not looters.

UDA is a panel of thieves, criminals, uneducated, and corrupt cartels.... Look at some of the characters: Gachagua, waiguru, waititu, sudi, Obando, Ruto, weta, etc

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jun 15, 2022
rvp2018:
He has no upper hand. Kenya elections are easy to call. I have personally predicted every kenya election or referenda bar 2007 almost to a dot.

This British Prof who has Phd in kenya politics similarly does this regularly.
http://www.charleshornsby.com/kenya-blog

He is predicting 51 percent for Ruto and 49 percent for Raila - I am predicting 53 percent with 46 percent for Raila. Opinion polls in kenya have very serious reliability problems because their sampling framework is faulty. Until you factor ethnicity as the key variable in understanding kenya politics - you're bound to get wrong - and all you need is deeper understanding of the ethnic tapestry that is kenya - as 1st step.

Dr Charles Horsnby understand kenya politics like no one - and some of his books - are very illuminating.

You should read his 2022 take - and if you're interested his previous analysis and books are available
https://www.theelephant.info/op-eds/2022/03/28/predicting-winners-and-losers-in-the-august-2022-poll-the-numbers-game/

http://www.charleshornsby.com/kenya-blog

1 month 20 days to go. Let's give time some patience. We'll be back after a few days to confirm my assertion.

I've read your articles. They are so insightful but still remain a theory - not practical. Naks for instance; Is pro-Azimio zone.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jun 15, 2022
Tayser:

He is good in politics but terrible economically . I think he will mess the economy so badly Ruto will unseat him in 5 years. He's already talking of free handouts. Bloody hell.
Bruv, I disagree with the emboldened. I'm not 'pro- him' per se, but the Azimio team as a whole. That being said, we shouldn't also take away the +ves of an old man. That man has Kenya's best interest at heart. He worked with Kibaki - when our economy took a new shape - with an upward trajectory. ( that's the only scenario where we can pluck the assertion of his capability on boosting Kenya's economy since he was in power)

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jun 15, 2022
Nairobi.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1295) (1296) (1297) (1298) (1299) (1300) (1301) ... (2490) (Reply)

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.