Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,483 members, 7,823,119 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode - Politics (1299) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (1110602 Views)

Fayose Shuts Down Access Bank Branch Over Fani-Kayode's Wife's Detention / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) / What Buhari Promised Nigerians Vs What He Has Delivered - Kenyans Blast Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1296) (1297) (1298) (1299) (1300) (1301) (1302) ... (2492) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 1:52pm On Jun 15, 2022
He was always that - plus now old age has caught up with him. He will be a disaster except he has no way to win against an engine like Ruto who is meticulous
Saddamochieng00:

Raila's economic plan is an utter joke and begs the question if he even has an economic team. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if this is the case. The reports I've received from some of his people in 2007(ODM) and 2017(NASA) speaks of disorderliness, lack of vision, massive corruption(direct tickets), poor decision making, disloyalty, ingratitude....the list is long. All I'm trying to say is Baba is of questionable character and can't be trusted with that seat.

This is coming from a former supporter who practiced selective blindness over all these issues but with time couldn't overlook them anymore.

4 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 2:01pm On Jun 15, 2022
Ruto manifesto will be out on 30th June. According to Ndii - Ruto has assembled the largest policy wonks ever - about 200 top brains are involved. Ruto has kept it under wraps because Raila is clearly running on empty and has been waiting to copy-paste. For the first time we have a semblance of issue based campaign although ethnicity remain the key.

Some of highlight of Ruto manifesto that I have been able to decipher.
1) Big push on Agri sector - there are at least 8 million farmers in Kenya - mostly dealing with basics - financing farming through cooperatives like happens in 60s and 70s - before Moi killed AFC/KGGC in 1980s and 1990s.

2) Big push on housing - end of slums/slum scrappers/kayoles - more formal housing - built on unprecedented scale that will be sold cheaply like used to happen before 1990s. There is no need of kayoles or pipelines or kiberas - informal housing sector.This will employ at least a million people. It will also free people investing in rental/housing to invest in proper business. The gov exit of formal housing in early 1990s due to Jirongo/mugoya company messes - gave us the rise of slumlords and kayoles all over - unplanned expensive dangerous and unsafe housing.

3) Big push in healthcare -everyone will get free primary healthcare. Continued investment in TIVET. End of CBC (unfortunately) and return to 8-4-4- implementation was bungled - cant be saved.

4) Big push on Water - for everyone.

5) Big push on SMES. Fixing market inefficiencies including removing large monopolies/regulatory/state captures. Leveling the playing ground for SMEs to thrive.

Nothing fancy.Nothing over-ambitious. Don't expect large infrastructure projects. The economy requires at least two years to recover from Covid/Ukraine blowout.

kikuyu1:

We're in agreement as in most cases....but. Frankly,I'm really not impressed with Ruto's recent moves. Firstly there was the abandonment,some say betrayal of Kindiki. Then there's other pronouncements like returning the ICD depots to Mombasa,free diapers for 3 months, 50% women in cabinet that have me rethinking things. I'm yet to hear viable ideas like operationalising the bottom up economic approach via reviving ethnic welfare associations to pool resources for members in group initiatives. Like your Sarun Amabet Welfare association or Myot group but more financially and economically inclined like Luo union or GEMA with group investments in real estate,hospitality,manufacturing etc,etc.
Mzee,as things stand now I may actually sit this one out.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jun 15, 2022
Shma:

One among several reasons that made me Quit 'Kenya kwisha.' We can't trust someone who can't think like a leader. Gachagua is a slow destruction - a catastrophe for UDA in that matter. I've listened to some of his manifestos and they ring primitiveness of the highest order. His ideals are stone age and don't hold the interests of many Kenyans.

RARUA is the real deal. All the leadership aspects can be seen and felt. We need people who have Kenya's best interest at heart, not looters.

UDA is a panel of thieves, criminals, uneducated, and corrupt cartels.... Look at some of the characters: Gachagua, waiguru, waititu, sudi, Obando, Ruto, weta, etc

Rigathi is a stone age zinjanthropus whose brain is stuck to nyayo-era KANU like a broken clock. Ruto just needed to pick Kindiki and Raila would never have had a chance. But the sinister man armtwisted Ruto, who turned out to be surprisingly naive and controllable. Regarding corruption, both teams are equally tainted but atleast one is talking of fighting it while the other is mute.

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 2:14pm On Jun 15, 2022
Raila was great when we were dealing with governance issues. This ended on 2010 when we passed a new constitution. Now we are 10yrs into the 2nd republic and we need to refocus our energies into economic realm - bread & butter issues - and simply implement the 2010 constitution - a brilliant modern constitution.

Raila simply doesn't grasp the contemporary challenges and issues facing kenya.

Shma:

Bruv, I disagree with the emboldened. I'm not 'pro- him' per se, but the Azimio team as a whole. That being said, we shouldn't also take away the +ves of an old man. That man has Kenya's best interest at heart. He worked with Kibaki - when our economy took a new shape - with an upward trajectory. ( that's the only scenario where we can pluck the assertion of his capability on boosting Kenya's economy since he was in power)

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 2:20pm On Jun 15, 2022
I disagree. Kenya need men of steel like Gachagua. Kenya for a 20 yrs has been on carefree handling led by weak leaders - that has resulted in drug/betting epidemics - that would require a bit of Museveni/Kagame iron-clad leadership - and Rigathi bring that. If he was not DPORK - he would certainly be the Interior Minister.

If you go to most place in kenya - you find entire generation lost to miraa/drugs/betting - and this will require someone like Gachagua to straighten things up - by ensuring gov functions and runs. Otherwise laziness will continue - nothing will get done. Something need to be done to fix the broken society.

Asides of course of political consideration - Ruto was looking for someone strong enough to wade off Uhuru - and Gachagua has scared off Uhuru from campaign trail - so he already achieved his objective.

Does he scare people and remind them of KANU terror - of course - but both Ruto and Gachagua - share that same Moi philosophy of hands-on leadership

Tayser:

Rigathi is a stone age zinjanthropus whose brain is stuck to nyayo-era KANU like a broken clock. Ruto just needed to pick Kindiki and Raila would never have had a chance. But the sinister man armtwisted Ruto, who turned out to be surprisingly naive and controllable. Regarding corruption, both teams are equally tainted but atleast one is talking of fighting it while the other is mute.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jun 15, 2022
rvp2018:
Raila was great when we were dealing with governance issues. This ended on 2010 when we passed a new constitution. Now we are 10yrs into the 2nd republic and we need to refocus our energies into economic realm - bread & butter issues - and simply implement the 2010 constitution - a brilliant modern constitution.

Raila simply doesn't grasp the contemporary challenges and issues facing kenya.

Are we forgetting that Raila has been out of power since 2012?
Raila came into the picture in 2017(Again, where our economy saw a growth spurt with a whopping 5% - 10% growth rate.)

First 5yrs, the country was filthy, and projects were collapsing/stalling ubiquitously. Nairobi for instance was stinking to the high heaven, in the wake of poor leadership; Ruto being second in command.

I feel like RARUA can take our country far if given a chance.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jun 15, 2022
Tayser:

I couldn't have said better. grin. That dude is a UDA killer.
Kindiki could have made it better, but then again, a good amount of the mount Kenya brigade would have decamped from UDA to Azimio. Let's just say the RARUA combination was a killer move - a checkmate in that matter.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 4:39pm On Jun 15, 2022
Menstruation poverty is now heated Nigeria as number one

Please watch this video from about 2 minutes 20 seconds and above all watch the whole video to see menstruation poverty in Nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5swLQzFPRBk
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 4:41pm On Jun 15, 2022
Poverty in Nigeria is now affecting menstruation cycle of the women.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jun 15, 2022
rvp2018:

Asides of course of political consideration - Ruto was looking for someone strong enough to wade off Uhuru - and Gachagua has scared off Uhuru from campaign trail

This has actually had the opposite effect because it has become easier to sell Raila with UK off the picture. People were against the old man because he seemed like a project. Dont also forget Rigathi is the main reason Ruto's campaign lost the oomph. He's literally a liability. Then his past was dug and horrific stories emerged. Regarding votes, do you think Ruto will gain as much votes from Mt K as Uhuruto in 2013/2017? If not then you can see why I see no chance for him. He needs to get virtually the entire vote and hope Rao gets nearly zero as has previously been the case. My bet is as good as yours.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 5:22pm On Jun 15, 2022
If 2017 were real(Supreme court never really impugned the numbers - just the processes) - then UhuRuto had almost 1.5M gap - with Raila's NASA.

Therefore Ruto task is simple - to keep the 1.5M gap - every lost Mt kenya vote - he has to gain NASA vote. He can even afford to lose another 0.5M and still beat Raila by a million.

I think he done that. He has MaDVD, Weta, Kingi,Isaac Ruto, Nanok, Muthama - who were NASA generals - and has only lost the now lameduck Uhuru,Gideon & whatever Martha can marshal.

If you sum up the voters Ruto is gaining in NASA strongholds - it probably exceed what Raila is hoping to get in stubborn Mt kenya - and he still has 1.5M gap to surmount.

Martha/Gachagua is desperate attempt by Azimio to manufacture momentum. From her poorly attended rallies - I dont think Ruto has to worry about Mt-Kenya - Ruto has sustained Mt kenya for 5yrs - despite heavy barrage from state sanctioned onslaught - picking DPORK will not be deal breaker for those who have supported him.

Ruto numbers have remain solid for 5yrs now - almost at 50 percent of the decided voters for 5yrs - nothing will change Ruto core supporters in the next 50 days.

In terms of numbers - unless Mt Kenya is split 50-50 - Raila has no path to victory. We know he will struggle to even get 30 percent.

Tayser:

This has actually had the opposite effect because it has become easier to sell Raila with UK off the picture. People were against the old man because he seemed like a project. Dont also forget Rigathi is the main reason Ruto's campaign lost the oomph. He's literally a liability. Then his past was dug and horrific stories emerged. Regarding votes, do you think Ruto will gain as much votes from Mt K as Uhuruto in 2013/2017? If not then you can see why I see no chance for him. He needs to get virtually the entire vote and hope Rao gets nearly zero as has previously been the case. My bet is as good as yours.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 5:30pm On Jun 15, 2022
Jubilee 1st term ended in 2017 and the results was big win for Jubilee - meaning Kenyans liked what they had seen.

Jubilee improved from 51% to 55% - so much Raila boycottted a re-run. Normally incumbency is a curse because you've cannot promise people stuff - you've to defend previous promises - but Jubilee delivered and Ruto is a gifted propagandist who can sell your mother back to you.

What made Jubilee popular in 1st term - mostly the rural access roads- which has more than doubled compared to all years to independence - and electricity coverage that was world fastest. Those won votes Jubilee.

Now as we go to this election. Gov is VERY UNPOPULAR. This is mostly due to COVID, Ukraine and debt mismanagement. But whatever the case - anybody running on platform of the last five years - is going home with Uhuru. People are not in business to understand or excuse gov failures - it doesnt matter if it ukraine - or covid- they are hurting because inflation is gone through the roof. Their intuition therefore is change the gov for something is broken.

This has been Raila albatross - people are hurting from tough economic times - and the last thing they want to hear is status quo. They want change.

Shma:

Are we forgetting that Raila has been out of power since 2012?
Raila came into the picture in 2017(Again, where our economy saw a growth spurt with a whopping 5% - 10% growth rate.)

First 5yrs, the country was filthy, and projects were collapsing/stalling ubiquitously. Nairobi for instance was stinking to the high heaven, in the wake of poor leadership; Ruto being second in command.

I feel like RARUA can take our country far if given a chance.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by QuietMynd: 5:38pm On Jun 15, 2022
ItooWorWor:

Is this Kaduna
Lag

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jun 15, 2022
rvp2018:
If 2017 were real(Supreme court never really impugned the numbers - just the processes) - then UhuRuto had almost 1.5M gap - with Raila's NASA.

Therefore Ruto task is simple - to keep the 1.5M gap - every lost Mt kenya vote - he has to gain NASA vote. He can even afford to lose another 0.5M and still beat Raila by a million.

I think he done that. He has MaDVD, Weta, Kingi,Isaac Ruto, Nanok, Muthama - who were NASA generals - and has only lost the now lameduck Uhuru,Gideon & whatever Martha can marshal.

If you sum up the voters Ruto is gaining in NASA strongholds - it probably exceed what Raila is hoping to get in stubborn Mt kenya - and he still has 1.5M gap to surmount.

Martha/Gachagua is desperate attempt by Azimio to manufacture momentum. From her poorly attended rallies - I dont think Ruto has to worry about Mt-Kenya - Ruto has sustained Mt kenya for 5yrs - despite heavy barrage from state sanctioned onslaught - picking DPORK will not be deal breaker for those who have supported him.

Ruto numbers have remain solid for 5yrs now - almost at 50 percent of the decided voters for 5yrs - nothing will change Ruto core supporters in the next 50 days.

In terms of numbers - unless Mt Kenya is split 50-50 - Raila has no path to victory. We know he will struggle to even get 30 percent.

Don't forget Uhuru has core supporters in his home turf. Its not all about the rowdy youths on TV.

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 5:00am On Jun 16, 2022
Tayser:

Don't forget Uhuru has core supporters in his home turf. Its not all about the rowdy youths on TV.
How does he transfer that to Raila and rally them when he is hiding in statehouse afraid to be heckled.Looking at Martha poorly attended rallies she cannot manage it alone.Unless uhuru engages directly which could cause image problems his jubilee folks are doing everything to distancing themselves from Raila..so Raila support base in Mt Kenya will remain at best 25 percent..if not even worse than that...Uhuru himself has an image problem as he seen by Mt Kenya has having dropped kibaki economic ball and bringing shame to the community by presiding a collapsing economy...so I don't see much hope for Raila in Mt Kenya.Maybe in a rigging schemes he stand a chance..

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Wuoche: 8:09am On Jun 16, 2022
rvp2018:
How does he transfer that to Raila and rally them when he is hiding in statehouse afraid to be heckled.Looking at Martha poorly attended rallies she cannot manage it alone.Unless uhuru engages directly which could cause image problems his jubilee folks are doing everything to distancing themselves from Raila..so Raila support base in Mt Kenya will remain at best 25 percent..if not even worse than that...Uhuru himself has an image problem as he seen by Mt Kenya has having dropped kibaki economic ball and bringing shame to the community by presiding a collapsing economy...so I don't see much hope for Raila in Mt Kenya.Maybe in a rigging schemes he stand a chance..

Your political analysis is wanting. How can you claim that jubilee has distanced themselves from Rails when the likes of Peter Keneth, Sabina Chege, Ngunjiri Wambugu and Kanini Kega are among the the front mobilizers for Raila? One thing you have to understand is that Raila usually miss on Kisii and Kuria votes and this time round he has them in his pocket. For Mt. Kenya, he just need a fraction to clinch the seat, Western province is a fat dream for Kenya Kwanza. Again how can you depend on wetangula a person whose MP and governor are all from Raila's party? Even if we look at Mudavadi, he vied for presidency in 2013 and Raila defeated him on his own turf.

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Kazikazi: 8:32am On Jun 16, 2022
So if we start our LNG project of about 40b dollars,we are going to be in 2nd position!
A current situation in ground....

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Kazikazi: 8:36am On Jun 16, 2022
Tanzania
A 3.2kms long bridge underconstruction in lake Victoria.Kigogo busisi bridge

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Kazikazi: 8:45am On Jun 16, 2022
Tanzania
kidogo busisi bridge

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 9:09am On Jun 16, 2022
Put you numbers down and let's meet on 9th of August otherwise I consider very funny(for lack of a more apt term) when you call my political analysis shallow when I have predicted almost every election and referenda in kenya to the dot.

Let me help with 2017 for example.

1) Presidential race - I predicted 53-54 verus 45-46 with 1% for others. It was a dot. See the difference.
2) MPs: I predicted Jubilee & allied 159 - and result (158) - and NASA & allied 108 versus 108 - if you add women mp - it went 175 for Jubilee and 130mps for NASA.
3) Governors; I called 38 correctly and missed out on 9 (which were tight races) - Granton Samboja was only suprise for me.
4) Senate: same thing;

For 2022
Remember this figures
The presidential election projection.

Ruto - 52-54%
Raila - 44-46%
Wajackoyah -1%
Mwaura - 0.3%

The Parliament, Senate and Governors Projection

Parliament Senate Gov
UDA 182 27 26
ODM 63 11 5
JUBILEE 26 3 4
WIPER 18 3 4
ANC 12 0 2
FORDK 9 1 2
KANU 2 1 0
KK(affl) 7 0 0
AZ(affl)- 17 1 4
336 47 47
UDA Nom 7 12
ODM Nom 3 5
JUBILEE Nom 1 2
WIPER Nom 1 2
SPEAKER(KK) 1 1
349 69 47

Kenya Kwanza will control parliament of 210-220 - just 10mps shy of absolute majority required to change constitution.
Azimio - will struggle to get 130mps.

They are headed for a rout.

Wuoche:

Your political analysis is wanting. How can you claim that jubilee has distanced themselves from Rails when the likes of Peter Keneth, Sabina Chege, Ngunjiri Wambugu and Kanini Kega are among the the front mobilizers for Raila? One thing you have to understand is that Raila usually miss on Kisii and Kuria votes and this time round he has them in his pocket. For Mt. Kenya, he just need a fraction to clinch the seat, Western province is a fat dream for Kenya Kwanza. Again how can you depend on wetangula a person whose MP and governor are all from Raila's party? Even if we look at Mudavadi, he vied for presidency in 2013 and Raila defeated him on his own turf.

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 10:29am On Jun 16, 2022
rvp2018:
Jubilee 1st term ended in 2017 and the results was big win for Jubilee - meaning Kenyans liked what they had seen.

Jubilee improved from 51% to 55% - so much Raila boycottted a re-run. Normally incumbency is a curse because you've cannot promise people stuff - you've to defend previous promises - but Jubilee delivered and Ruto is a gifted propagandist who can sell your mother back to you.

What made Jubilee popular in 1st term - mostly the rural access roads- which has more than doubled compared to all years to independence - and electricity coverage that was world fastest. Those won votes Jubilee.

Now as we go to this election. Gov is VERY UNPOPULAR. This is mostly due to COVID, Ukraine and debt mismanagement. But whatever the case - anybody running on platform of the last five years - is going home with Uhuru. People are not in business to understand or excuse gov failures - it doesnt matter if it ukraine - or covid- they are hurting because inflation is gone through the roof. Their intuition therefore is change the gov for something is broken.

This has been Raila albatross - people are hurting from tough economic times - and the last thing they want to hear is status quo. They want change.

RVP. I know you're passionate about Ruto and his endeavors. In all honesty, that dude was a liability to the government. All mega corruption cases were scaled in 1st term. Grand projects stalled in 1st term; talk of the pinnacle, kimwarer, 88 condominium(revived in 2nd term), habitat... I can mention everything but for loyalty purposes, will let them slide. But the point I'm making is that we've seen a tremendous achievement past 2017 - owing to the handshake.

This is what macharia had to say.

He cited the Ksh.72 billion Nairobi Expressway, which was started last year and is due for completion in March 2022, as one prime project since Jubilee returned to State House in 2017..

CS Macharia further noted that during the Jubilee government’s first term between 2013 and 2017, the transport ministry was only able to lay 4,000 kilometers of tarmac road, compared to over double the distance he says they have achieved during the second term.

“These roads that we are doing now, we have done 10,500 kilometers. In the first term, I believe we did less than 4,000 kilometers in first term,”

6'000km currently undergoing
. stated Macharia.

Despite the hike in production costs and global 'plandemics', we've managed to crush against the Ideal economic growth rate (2%-3%)- even in the Cov19 era. I'm not saying the credit should go to that old man, but the point I'm putting across is that we can see order and development in his regime.

60% of jubilee brigade are in Azimio - So the same jubilee will still be in power.

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 10:53am On Jun 16, 2022
Opinions are dime a dozen. Everyone has one.
Jubilee defended their 1st term record in 2017 - and were re-elected for five years - by bigger mandate than in 2013.
That is far as Jubilee 1st term goes for me.

We move to Jubilee 2.0 - 2017 & 2022.
I am looking forward for results of August when Handshake crew will also defend their record - and Kenyans will mark it.
So yes please defend the handshake record - without going back to Jubilee 1.0
Because Kenyans will be judging Jubilee 2.0 on August.
And if you're confident the handshake has delivered - then for sure Raila will be rewarded.
If not he will be punished - and Ruto team given the saddle to drive kenya for next 5yrs.

So the verdict of the handshake or Jubilee 2.0 will be delivered in a month time.

Shma:

RVP. I know you're passionate about Ruto and his endeavors. In all honesty, that dude was a liability to the government. All mega corruption cases were scaled in 1st term. Grand projects stalled in 1st term; talk of the pinnacle, kimwarer, 88 condominium(revived in 2nd term), habitat... I can mention everything but for loyalty purposes, will let them slide. But the point I'm making is that we've seen a tremendous achievement past 2017 - owing to the handshake.

He cited the Ksh.72 billion Nairobi Expressway, which was started last year and is due for completion in March 2022, as one prime project since Jubilee returned to State House in 2017..

CS Macharia further noted that during the Jubilee government’s first term between 2013 and 2017, the transport ministry was only able to lay 4,000 kilometers of tarmac road, compared to over double the distance he says they have achieved during the second term.

“These roads that we are doing now, we have done 10,500 kilometers. In the first term, I believe we did less than 4,000 kilometers in first term,”

. stated Macharia.

Despite the hike in production costs and global 'plandemics', we've managed to crush against the Ideal economic growth rate (2%-3%)- even in the Cov19 era. I'm not saying the credit should go to that old man, but the point I'm putting across is that we can see order and development in his regime.

60% of jubilee brigade are in Azimio - So the same jubilee will still be in power.

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 10:57am On Jun 16, 2022
rvp2018:
Opinions are dime a dozen. Everyone has one.
Jubilee defended their 1st term record in 2017 - and were re-elected for five years - by bigger mandate than in 2013.
That is far as Jubilee 1st term goes for me.

We move to Jubilee 2.0 - 2017 & 2022.
I am looking forward for results of August when Handshake crew will also defend their record - and Kenyans will mark it.
So yes please defend the handshake record - without going back to Jubilee 1.0
Because Kenyans will be judging Jubilee 2.0 on August.
And if you're confident the handshake has delivered - then for sure Raila will be rewarded.
If not he will be punished - and Ruto team given the saddle.

So the verdict of the handshake or Jubilee 2.0 will be delivered in a month time.

Time will tell. And don't vanish on 10th August, When RARUA elections will be celebrated. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 10:59am On Jun 16, 2022
I wont. I am an old political hand. I supported DP in 1990s as teenager and we use to lose to Moi's KANU.
Finally Kibaki won in 2002. I supported Raila in 2007 and he lost (or was rigged).
Then have supported Jubilee and now KK.
They have been losses and wins.

When you team loses, you take a day or two off, and you comeback, because kenya is not a lost cause yet.

Shma:

Time will tell. And don't vanish on 10th August, When RARUA elections will be celebrated. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 11:10am On Jun 16, 2022
rvp2018:
I wont. I am an old political hand. I supported DP in 1990s as teenager and we use to lose to Moi's KANU.
Finally Kibaki won in 2002. I supported Raila in 2007 and he lost (or was rigged).
Then have supported Jubilee and now KK.
They have been losses and wins.

When you team loses, you take a day or two off, and you come back, because kenya is not a lost cause yet.

You beat me in experience. I've voted once, and I'm looking forward to this year too.

I was pro- jubilee back then.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by samorobo: 12:11pm On Jun 16, 2022
Kazikazi:
So if we start our LNG project of about 40b dollars,we are going to be in 2nd position!
A current situation in ground....

Not surprised of Egypt position. Egypt is extremely impressive. Over 30 smart cities currently on going and some of them are running int $50bn and above. And construction is no damn joke.

Nigeria is undertaking some might project that can spur a crazy economic growth. We should keep that up improve even more.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by GeneralDae: 12:23pm On Jun 16, 2022
samorobo:

Not surprised of Egypt position. Egypt is extremely impressive. Over 30 smart cities currently on going and some of them are running int $50bn and above. And construction is no damn joke.

Nigeria is undertaking some might project that can spur a crazy economic growth. We should keep that up improve even more.
This Egyptian type of Government seem to benefit them. The President doesn't have to go through the process, he just decrees things and gets them done without much opposition from Senate or Egyptians.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by popizaino(m): 1:18pm On Jun 16, 2022
rvp2018:
In what sense. Most problems can be solved by common sense.

Not even most but all problems can be solved used common sense and in the case of our epileptic power supply we will have to pay those expertise who bring the sense on board.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jun 16, 2022
rvp2018:

grin
He no longer needs to be on the campaign trail. His absence has done all the magic. KK should actually have begged him to be on the campaign trail to fuel their rhetoric.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jun 16, 2022
rvp2018:

For 2022
Remember this figures
The presidential election projection.

Ruto - 52-54%
Raila - 44-46%

You inverted those numbers grin. The net never forgets. By 9th midnight you will have thrown in the towel.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jun 16, 2022
Shma:

. stated Macharia.

That's the problem of living in a bubble/echo chamber. Whatever he is saying has very little to do with reality. In reality Azimio has nearly 3/4 of Kenyan counties under wraps. KK is banking on the north Rift and Central, and in both areas Azimio will eat a significant chunk. Nakuru for instance, my home county is overwhelmingly pro Azimio yet it's in the rift and has a huge number of voters. The rest of the country is solidly behind the old man.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 2:00pm On Jun 16, 2022
Common sense is free available.
What ails Nigeria power sector.
Broke Distro and Gen companies.
Why are they broke.
Nigeria dont pay for power - quick search - "Nigeria’s metered customers rise 17.7% to 4.7m"
Kenya has 8.1M metered customers. South Africa has 17M.
Nigeria if we assume at 50 percent electricity supply and urbanization - should have about 40-50 Million households.
If half are supplied - it should have 20M metered customers - half the household.
Lagos alone if it has 20m - with average urban household size of 3 - should have 7M metered connections.

You cannot fix problem by bringing in new hardware.
Fix Gen and Distro companies by aggressive metering.
Inject capital to those companies.
And let them go buy whatever they need.

But if Buhari calls SIemens and say he has 10B dollars - they will supply him all sort of things.
After three months - they will be broken down or vandalized or sabotaged - by same Gen/Distro companies.
And they will be too broke to do anything.

COMMON SENSE: CASHFLOW IN YOUR UTILITY COMPANIES is the problem.

Injecting CASH wont help. FIX CASH FLOW...so money rotate in the entire energy sector...and problems will disappear.

It's like treating aenemia through blood transfusion without fixing the cause of anemia.

popizaino:

Not even most but all problems can be solved used common sense and in the case of our epileptic power supply we will have to pay those expertise who bring the sense on board.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1296) (1297) (1298) (1299) (1300) (1301) (1302) ... (2492) (Reply)

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.