Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode - Politics (1328) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (1100332 Views)

Fayose Shuts Down Access Bank Branch Over Fani-Kayode's Wife's Detention / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) / What Buhari Promised Nigerians Vs What He Has Delivered - Kenyans Blast Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1325) (1326) (1327) (1328) (1329) (1330) (1331) ... (2491) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by POKUASI2: 10:37pm On Jul 01, 2022
vankelvin:

Is this how countries collapse? Huh! your own na mental problem
y'all ran to the IMF after all the motivational speeches of AID TO TRADE and other nonsense yall been throwing around 6yrs now. Look where you guys ended.

8 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by POKUASI2: 10:39pm On Jul 01, 2022
rvp20182:
When people sense a long winter is coming they stock up, they tighten their belts, they save up, they stop spending, they make a bad situation worse, because the economy already in tight spot now go into spiral, when monitary measure fails like lowering interest rate fails, as no one is borrowing anyway, you only option is to stimulate the economy by injecting money directly into it, that hopefully will stimulate spending that increase demand & eventually reduces prices and that is stimulus package..so gov instead of building roads now.. should figure out how to throw money to back to the people..lower taxes, increase salaries..divert all capital intensive project into social programs..with more money people will keep spending and economy will churn along.When the storm is over go back to investing in infrastructure. This is what everyone is doing.Africa is waiting for imf to finish them
exactly what happened.
Due to the level of uncertainty, people were not spending, especially in the last 4 months.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by vankelvin: 11:19pm On Jul 01, 2022
POKUASI2:
y'all ran to the IMF after all the motivational speeches of AID TO TRADE and other nonsense yall been throwing around 6yrs now. Look where you guys ended.

Does running to IMF mean a country is collapsing? use your brain for once.

Also it's not true that all Ghanaians defend this useless Government. Eventhough I was one of those who voted for this clueless President in 2016 I didn't allow myself to be deceived by their sweet talks. Just 2 years after 2016 elections I concluded that this current Government was a wasteful one and nothing good will come out of the government.

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by popizaino(m): 12:12am On Jul 02, 2022
POKUASI2:
It was on this forum I stated that a certain country risk collapse if they don't swallow their pride and run to the IMF as always.
Thank God I've been proven right at the end of the day...

grin grin grin cheesy

Immediately i saw the news I thought of you and how that joke of a person called just.40 tried to deny it. That guy is just the biggest joke i have ever come across on this space.

6 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by gallivant: 12:29am On Jul 02, 2022
Just40:
Everyone knows it's worse there... Evident from the shortages, the hunger and the complain from their country. Food, fuel, transportation and etc inflation are up 80% to 100% there

Tantrums. The IMF is calling.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by GeneralDae: 6:25am On Jul 02, 2022
More photos Lekki Port.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by POKUASI2: 10:24am On Jul 02, 2022
popizaino:

grin grin grin cheesy

Immediately i saw the news I thought of you and how that joke of a person called just.40 tried to deny it. That guy is just the biggest joke i have ever come across on this space.
that guy is a fraud.
I personally signed up to this forum because of him.
80 percent of the things he rants here about are ego massaging tantrums

4 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by POKUASI2: 10:28am On Jul 02, 2022
vankelvin:

Does running to IMF mean a country is collapsing? use your brain for once.

Also it's not true that all Ghanaians defend this useless Government. Eventhough I was one of those who voted for this clueless President in 2016 I didn't allow myself to be deceived by their sweet talks. Just 2 years after 2016 elections I concluded that this current Government was a wasteful one and nothing good will come out of the government.

Your country would have collapsed if you had not ran to the IMF.
Bear in mind that e.levy did only 10 percent of the projected revenue

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by popizaino(m): 11:10am On Jul 02, 2022
POKUASI2:
that guy is a fraud.
I personally signed up to this forum because of him.
80 percent of the things he rants here about are ego massaging tantrums

Words failed me to qualify the stupidity and foolishness of that guy. I am just waiting for him to come and deny this IMF story again grin

6 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by GeneralDae: 11:56am On Jul 02, 2022
popizaino:

Words failed me to qualify the stupidity and foolishness of that guy. I am just waiting for him to come and deny this IMF story again grin
Ghana had no choice though, I feel they should have gone to the IMF a little bit earlier ( late last year maybe), but it's not too late at the moment. If they had waited say 6 more months in the name of politics, it would have been a disastrous situation.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by popizaino(m): 12:23pm On Jul 02, 2022
GeneralDae:

Ghana had no choice though, I feel they should have gone to the IMF a little bit earlier ( late last year maybe), but it's not too late at the moment. If they had waited say 6 more months in the name of politics, it would have been a disastrous situation.

Ghana will keep needing IMF bailout in this lifetime until they learn to crawl before walking and that is to correct the fundamentals of their macroeconomics. Sadly,the only one who was trying to kickstart the process of correcting this fundamentals was seen as economic disaster by this shallow minded individuals.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by GeneralDae: 12:26pm On Jul 02, 2022
popizaino:

Ghana will keep needing IMF bailout in this lifetime until they learn to crawl before walking and that is to correct the fundamentals of their macroeconomics. Sadly,the only one who was trying to kickstart the process of correcting this fundamentals was seen as economic disaster by this shallow minded individuals.
Do you mean former president mahama?
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 12:46pm On Jul 02, 2022
WIth lots of minerals it should be easy to fix. They just need fiscal discipline to watch the macro-economics. Their appetite for commercial loans is almost criminal. They should build domestic debt market - and avoid commercial loans like a plague. Take concessional low interest long maturity loans. That should be bare minimum.

Ghana and Zambia are twins in everything. They look good from a distance - democratic and all that organized - but they are always 2-3 years from an economic meltdown.

popizaino:

6 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by QuietMynd: 1:36pm On Jul 02, 2022
rvp20182:
When people sense a long winter is coming they stock up, they tighten their belts, they save up, they stop spending, they make a bad situation worse, because the economy already in tight spot now go into spiral, when monitary measure fails like lowering interest rate fails, as no one is borrowing anyway, you only option is to stimulate the economy by injecting money directly into it, that hopefully will stimulate spending that increase demand & eventually reduces prices and that is stimulus package..so gov instead of building roads now.. should figure out how to throw money to back to the people..lower taxes, increase salaries..divert all capital intensive project into social programs..with more money people will keep spending and economy will churn along.When the storm is over go back to investing in infrastructure. This is what everyone is doing.Africa is waiting for imf to finish them
Lol, what if the people divert the money for different purpose and not to invest or rather invest the money in a long time investment. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of the program
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by GeneralDae: 1:58pm On Jul 02, 2022
rvp2018:
WIth lots of minerals it should be easy to fix. They just need fiscal discipline to watch the macro-economics. Their appetite for commercial loans is almost criminal. They should build domestic debt market - and avoid commercial loans like a plague. Take concessional low interest long maturity loans. That should be bare minimum.

Ghana and Zambia are twins in everything. They look good from a distance - democratic and all that organized - but they are always 2-3 years from an economic meltdown.

Ghanaians and Zambians also have similar character though. Very calm and easy going people grin.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp20182: 4:23pm On Jul 02, 2022
QuietMynd:

Lol, what if the people divert the money for different purpose and not to invest or rather invest the money in a long time investment. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of the program
Ideally you want to stimulate productive sectors..not social welfare..you can for example provide temporary jobs for jobless people to collect garbage, cut grass like the united state did in the great depression..provide farmers with cheap subsidy inputs
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by vankelvin: 6:44pm On Jul 02, 2022
POKUASI2:
Your country would have collapsed if you had not ran to the IMF.
Bear in mind that e.levy did only 10 percent of the projected revenue

You reason like an animal.
Majority of Ghanaians were against E-levy but the Government forced his way through so it's just common sense that E-levy was never going to work despite all the projections made by the Government .

To some of us going to IMF is the best solution to a wasteful Government such as ours. With this programme it will at least control their habit of stealing state money

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by vankelvin: 7:04pm On Jul 02, 2022
GeneralDae:

Exactly

Very soon the world will know the kind of President Ghana have. He is a clueless and arrogant old man who has bought the media so you will hardly hear anything bad about him and his terrible governance.

Civil societies, the main opposition party and other private economists fortold this Government to stop mismanaging state resources since 2018 but the President and his appointees did not listen.

Fast forward in 2019 all the money the government borrowed from World Bank and other places sake of COVID 19 went straight to their personal accounts, the opposition party
have called on the Government to account for the money but as usual the government has bought the media and almost all the opinion leaders in the country so they have refused to account for the money.

Since 2021 they were adviced to go to IMF but their arrogance and cluelessness won't allow them do the needful. The opposition party on countless occassions have called on the Government to go to IMF early before it gets too late but they refused.

Infact some African leaders are really useless

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp20182: 7:49pm On Jul 02, 2022
That nana loves flowery speeches but sound hollow in his irritating voice

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by vankelvin: 9:20pm On Jul 02, 2022
rvp20182:
That nana loves flowery speeches but sound hollow in his irritating voice

"Beautiful speeches, No action"

Infact he is one President I have come to know him to be "the opposite" of everything he preaches.
When he says he will give you food the opposite is what he will do.

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jul 02, 2022
rvp20182:
For someone who consider Azimio joke of manifesto worth being Plagiarized then indeed you're a big joke.9th august is very near.You old dude might not even show up because he is back to fighting iebc days to election...like he didn't have 5 yrs to push for electoral reforms

I think both systems should be available for redundancy, with the caveat that the manual register should only be used if the EVID fails.

This is from IEBC website:

Basically, EVID is an electronic poll book. There are two types of EVID technology, the laptop with attached finger print reader and the handheld device with in-build finger print reader. EVIDs were used for the first time during the March 4th General Elections (29,000 laptops and 4,600 handhelds). The EVIDs verify and confirm voters electronically as registered by BVR. They are used to ″check-in″ voters at polling station on polling day and is helpful in streamlining. EVID curbs impersonation and ensures that only those who registered to vote are allowed to vote. However some challenges were experienced in the March 4th polling day when some of the machines failed to work largely due to inadequate training and running out of battery charge. In such cases, the polling officials carried out verification of voters using the voter register print outs

The EVID cannot be 100%.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jul 02, 2022
rvp2018:
The genius leading Dr Ruto revolutionary plan is David Ndii - one of Africa best economicts - Rhodes scholar with Phd from Oxford university. Dr Ndii with Prof Nyongo the father of Oscar actress Lupita Nyongyo (Phd Chicago school of economic) crafted the 2005 Kenya economic recovery plan- that saw Kenya reduce debt to gdp from 60% to 30% - and Kenya had a balanced budget in 3yrs - from Moi decades of mismanagement.

If his partnership with Ruto who is equally brilliant and can make things happen LAST - Kenya will get out of current doldrums and soar again in 2-3yrs.

Kenya took huge turn in 2005 because we had brilliant Kibaki (London school of economics- MA) as President, Prof Nyongo (Phd political economics from School of Chicago) as Planning Minister and Dr Ndii (Phd in African Economics Oxford) as the consultant economist drafting the strategy papers - without doubt Chicago, Oxford & London schools of economics are the best in the world - and with combination of the trio kenya economy boomed - despite 2007/2008 ethnic violence - growing to 10% in 2010 - and now we are back to problems due to COVID/Ukraine - and Uhuru total mismanagement - and we need to reboot the economy.

Now once again it's time for kenya lacking any natural resources or huge arable land to turns to it's brain - or we are dead. We could go into Moi era lost decade of 1990s.

Example - Kenya already africa leader in milk production - can double milk production in short term by investing in animal feeds.
Dr Ndii -> The illustration we have used is increase by 0.5 kg per cow x 2.2m cows x 300 days = 330m kg p.a worth Sh13b @ Sh40/kg. This we can do in months with nutrition. From 2.5 to 10, you need genetics which will take 3 years between insemination and lactating cow.
https://twitter.com/DavidNdii/status/1542799983585402882

The debt to GDP was high during Moi's era because of two things mainly.

1. The govt was WAY TOO corrupt - all the monies went to people's pockets and nearly zero for development. Those were the monies he went dishing around to churches every Sunday, same thing bwana asifiwe wants to return. Osiris forbid!!
2. Western sanctions.

You didnt need any magic to correct that. With or without Ndii, Kibaki would have made the correct choice. You just need common sense. Even currently its obvious that heavy borrowing has to take a back seat for the next 2-3 years. You don't need Ndii to tell you that. What I dont get is how he convinced Ruto that with 90 B he can get an ROI of 500% (500B)! That nigga is a charlatan.He is the king of sham manifestos.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 10:02pm On Jul 02, 2022
Newest and most powerfulest development in Nigeria Lagos see the power of Nigeria's glorified economy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UachRn33Ls
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jul 02, 2022
Kenya is a sweet spot for this Afro American. The sleek expressway reminds her of her home state back in the US.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCkFrgzQE7I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R-3TPL6K4M
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by QuietMynd: 10:33pm On Jul 02, 2022
rvp20182:
Ideally you want to stimulate productive sectors..not social welfare..you can for example provide temporary jobs for jobless people to collect garbage, cut grass like the united state did in the great depression..provide farmers with cheap subsidy inputs
Ok
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by popizaino(m): 5:12am On Jul 03, 2022
rvp2018:

Ghanaians are not ready to take the bull by the horns just yet and I like i said earlier, they love to walk before crawling. They live in the delusion of been more special and better than every African country so they rather study the economy policies of big countries like Switzerland, Norway, Singapore,Hongkong than to study economy policies of countries closer to them and also forgetting it's a different world with different challenges thus leaving out the core fundamentals of how those countries got there. You need to be here and listen to the local media to see the standards they have set for themselves. It is always about how Sweden,Denmark has done it not about how their very next door neighbours Cote d'ivoire has been able to keep inflation to the bearest minimum,not about how Nigeria has been able to keep her economic aloft despite her challenges,it is about how the UK has done it. In economy you study parallel models not unparallel stuffs like they do.

4 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by popizaino(m): 5:13am On Jul 03, 2022
GeneralDae:

Do you mean former president mahama?

Yes.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 8:44am On Jul 03, 2022
You cannot run electronic and manual system. It defeats the whole purpose. We already have one world most expensive election - spending almost 500M usd...enough to build a metro line in small city - by investing in technology.

I have seen analysis done on 2017 election - first election had 1.5M people not identified by fingerprints - and 2nd one had 0.3M - and interesting thing - nationally biometric identified 98% of the voters - except in Northern Kenya especially Mandera, Garissa, Wajir - the likes where upto 50% of voters were not identified.

Manual register aids rigging into two areas
1) Remote Northern Kenya - where mass ballot stuffing happens
2) Stronghold of the candidate - where opposing agents are not allowed and IEBC local staff collude to ensure high turnout - last minute they cross the names of those who havent turned up - and insert fake ballots.

If IEBC stick to their guns - and disallow the easy to manipulate manual register - then I expected turnout to come down to 70-72%
Most rigged areas are Northern Kenya - those strange turnout figures - will go back to historical lows of 50-60%.
Nearly half of voters in place like Mandera were clearly manipulated.
Next victim is stronghold rigging - in this election Luo and Kalenjin land likely to collude as nearly everyone support their tribal cause including IEBC local staff - also agents from opposing side will find going rough to stop rigging - they can only clandestinely report rigging.

In summary Raila wants manual register so he can 1) continue rigging his Luo Nyanza stronghold and 2) Uhuru can help him rig the northern kenya.

Tayser:

I think both systems should be available for redundancy, with the caveat that the manual register should only be used if the EVID fails.

This is from IEBC website:

The EVID cannot be 100%.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 8:47am On Jul 03, 2022
Yes they are delusional. Ivory Coast is a country that is admirable...save for small civil wars...it way better run almost exclusively on cocoa. Ghana should just copy them.
popizaino:

Ghanaians are not ready to take the bull by the horns just yet and I like i said earlier, they love to walk before crawling. They live in the delusion of been more special and better than every African country so they rather study the economy policies of big countries like Switzerland, Norway, Singapore,Hongkong than to study economy policies of countries closer to them and also forgetting it's a different world with different challenges thus leaving out the core fundamentals of how those countries got there. You need to be here and listen to the local media to see the standards they have set for themselves. It is always about how Sweden,Denmark has done it not about how their very next door neighbours Cote d'ivoire has been able to keep inflation to the bearest minimum,not about how Nigeria has been able to keep her economic aloft despite her challenges,it is about how the UK has done it. In economy you study parallel models not unparallel stuffs like they do.

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 8:55am On Jul 03, 2022
No, debt to gdp, these are conscious decision people take. It start from the budget. You cannot steal outside the budget. Ruto has been out of gov for 5yrs - debt to gdp has become even more terrible.

Kibaki indeed benefitted from the democracy dividends like the re-admission of kenya to Paris club of creditors and debt restructuring thereof - but he took very deliberate actions to reduce debt -and one of them was to finance budget deficit by sale of kenya public assets.Kibaki sold Kengen, Kenren and of course Safaricom - whopping 25% of it - earning enough money to finance deficit. Gov has to watch those macro-economic figures like a hawk watches his prey - Kenya when it cross 60% - should have stopped borrowing - and switching to finance budget through privisation or such schemes.

Jubilee is a victim of it's infrastructure success - because it has come with huge debt burden - and what Ndii has done - is to re-focus the gov from investing in infrastructure - whose ROI is long term - and focus on short & medium term goals.

Ndii is proposing to shift public investment to private sector through PPPs - and also to increase investment from savings - this mean you will soon be paying more for NSSF, Pension funds will have more money , housing levy.

This will reduce the need to borrow - and budget deficit will reduce to 3% in 4-5yrs - and we could have a balanced budget like we did during kibaki regime.

Tayser:

The debt to GDP was high during Moi's era because of two things mainly.

1. The govt was WAY TOO corrupt - all the monies went to people's pockets and nearly zero for development. Those were the monies he went dishing around to churches every Sunday, same thing bwana asifiwe wants to return. Osiris forbid!!
2. Western sanctions.

You didnt need any magic to correct that. With or without Ndii, Kibaki would have made the correct choice. You just need common sense. Even currently its obvious that heavy borrowing has to take a back seat for the next 2-3 years. You don't need Ndii to tell you that. What I dont get is how he convinced Ruto that with 90 B he can get an ROI of 500% (500B)! That nigga is a charlatan.He is the king of sham manifestos.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by GeneralDae: 9:27am On Jul 03, 2022
rvp2018:
Yes they are delusional. Ivory Coast is a country that is admirable...save for small civil wars...it way better run almost exclusively on cocoa. Ghana should just copy them.
The problem with countries like Ivorycoast is that Ghana (though similar to Ivorycoast) cannot fully copy their model because the umbilical cords of most of these Francophone countries are tied to France. Their currency and central bank is controlled by France, this means major sectors of their economy remain stable depending on their economic relationship with France. Better models would be the likes of Morocco and Tunisia (especially Morocco) in North Africa, and they can be models not just for Ghana but for many African countries.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Kazikazi: 10:08am On Jul 03, 2022
rvp2018:
Son,what's going on in Ghana? Can you inform me about their economy since I noticed many folks here are teaching them on how to run their economy. Is ghana starving now? Or are they cooking stones now?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1325) (1326) (1327) (1328) (1329) (1330) (1331) ... (2491) (Reply)

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.