Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,289 members, 7,836,275 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode - Politics (2404) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (1119628 Views)

Fayose Shuts Down Access Bank Branch Over Fani-Kayode's Wife's Detention / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) / What Buhari Promised Nigerians Vs What He Has Delivered - Kenyans Blast Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2401) (2402) (2403) (2404) (2405) (2406) (2407) ... (2492) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by vaxx: 1:56pm On Jan 05
104 hours and counting! Keep going Chef Faila πŸ”₯πŸ‡¬πŸ‡­πŸ’―

This is wanke.....As it is called in northern Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 2:26pm On Jan 05
GeneralDae:

Lol I saw the argument between you and rvp2018 last year but my question is:

Is it really possible that mpesa would do less than Ghana mobile money?

Think about it.

Mpesa is in all of Kenya and have almost single handedly replaced traditional Banks in that country and Kenya is 54 million people. Ghana is 33 million people and the rate of penetration of MTN's momo and other mobile money lines cannot be compared to that of mpesa in kenya.

Given these facts, how is it possible that Ghana does higher mobile money transactions than Kenya?

I saw the Kenyan data presented last year which rvp2018 presented and you used for your argument but I didn't delve deep into it then.
why is it not possible?

It was early this year.

According to rvp, Mpesa did 109 billion last year while Ghana mobile money did 120 billion.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 2:32pm On Jan 05
popizaino:

Ghanaian claim to beat Kenya who were the first to start mobile money in the world in mobile money efficiency and in transactions. Is it the kind of people who want to hear the honest truth from or leave them to their delusion.
bring your own truth that supercede these

Come and dispute these...

4 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by vaxx: 3:15pm On Jan 05
Ghana really mean buisness....

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 3:46pm On Jan 05
vaxx:
Ghana really mean buisness....
bunch of unnecessary stuff

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by vaxx: 4:21pm On Jan 05
Just40:
bunch of unnecessary stuff
It is just a way to know we are alive.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by vankelvin: 4:40pm On Jan 05
Some of these things are just common sense.

Ordinarilly, Kenya is suppose to outdo Ghana on this because they have the population, they started this electronic transaction business before us and all that but ask yourself "what is Momo and Mpesa all about? is it not mobile money transaction?

How many Kenyans have money to send on Mpesa as compared to Ghanaians?
GeneralDae:

Lol I saw the argument between you and rvp2018 last year but my question is:

Is it really possible that mpesa would do less than Ghana mobile money?

Think about it.

Mpesa is in all of Kenya and have almost single handedly replaced traditional Banks in that country and Kenya is 54 million people. Ghana is 33 million people and the rate of penetration of MTN's momo and other mobile money lines cannot be compared to that of mpesa in kenya.

Given these facts, how is it possible that Ghana does higher mobile money transactions than Kenya?

I saw the Kenyan data presented last year which rvp2018 presented and you used for your argument but I didn't delve deep into it then.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by vaxx: 5:21pm On Jan 05
vankelvin:

That is another way to know which country is doing well financially

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by GeneralDae: 5:39pm On Jan 05
vankelvin:

Ordinarilly, Kenya is suppose to outdo Ghana on this because they have the population, they started this electronic transaction business before us and all that but ask yourself "what is Momo and Mpesa all about? is it not mobile money transaction?

So you are saying Ghanaians have more money to send than Kenyans. Okay oo, maybe I didn't take note of that.

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Shma2022: 7:36pm On Jan 05
Just40:
bring your own truth that supercede these

Come and dispute these...
FYI, The value of transactions by Mpesa YOY 2023 was 7 times Ghanian GDP, let that sink.
Remittances transacted on Mpesa were nearly double! I Would like to know the kind of weed you're on today.

And it's supersede, where did you school?

4 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Appisko: 7:37pm On Jan 05
GeneralDae:

So you are saying Ghanaians have more money to send than Kenyans. Okay oo, maybe I didn't take note of that.
Stop asking stupid questions just30 gave u data to back his claims yet the mumugayrian in u still dont wont to accept

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Shma2022: 7:49pm On Jan 05
vankelvin:

The post that screams obtuseness!

Simple logic dictates that Kenya beats Ghana in pretty much all the monetary indexes, population notwithstanding(worth noting that youth demography for both countries are nearly the same). Money circulation in Ghana is making midget technical advancement, Kenya was there in 90s.

You need to know that M-pesa Is the largest fintech in Africa, FYI.

3 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Appisko: 7:58pm On Jan 05
Economy size (GDP current prices)

🌍 Africa: $3.1 trillion

πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ California: $3.6 trillion
Sad reality yet we here fighting over peanuts

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Shma2022: 7:59pm On Jan 05
Appisko:

Stop asking stupid questions just30 gave u data to back his claims yet the mumugayrian in u still dont wont to accept
Your cognitive capacity is too minute to see sense in his post. Zombies with brains like chicken poop are nuisance in debates. Justo posted 2022 data where Mpesa saw a 9-month decline due to managerial issues. Do you mind bringing on board 2023 value for comparison?

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by vaxx: 8:33pm On Jan 05
Never underate the power of Internet.

This Ghanaian boy has meet people

4 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by vankelvin: 8:39pm On Jan 05
Succinctly put
GeneralDae:

So you are saying Ghanaians have more money to send than Kenyans
. Okay oo, maybe I didn't take note of that.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by vankelvin: 8:48pm On Jan 05
A building above 30floors/(27/28flr) approved by Accra Metropolitan Assembly?
Is this a dream or what? naaa
Some hefty brown envelops must have been exchanged backdoor cos this isn't normal

Selton Skye apartments unvieled (the to be tallest building in Accra

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by vankelvin: 8:51pm On Jan 05
i2 development apartment has commenced

15/16 floors

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by vankelvin: 9:06pm On Jan 05
Legato Height
20 floors

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by GeneralDae: 9:28pm On Jan 05
Appisko:
Economy size (GDP current prices)

🌍 Africa: $3.1 trillion

πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ California: $3.6 trillion
Sad reality yet we hear fighting over peanuts
It's even getting worse.

SA struggling with 1 to 2% GDP growth due to unexpected dumsor (power crises) in the last 2 years. The hope they have is that their private sector is investing hard in the power sector.

Egypt still stuck building their new city of 30 Billion dollars that looks like a never ending project draining resources, high inflation and devaluation of Egyptian pounds with the craziest debt burden in Africa despite support they get from the likes of UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia.

Nigeria: Naira devaluation and Inflation.

That GDP of Africa may most likely reduce in 2024 except something is done or other countries grow tremendously. Ethiopia has that potential but most likely not in 2024. Ruto's tax mobilization and reforms in Kenya still on and his focus now would be to successfully pay off that Eurobond in June.

So there are problems everywhere I look in Africa.

Botswana and Namibia are shining lights but too small to have any meaningful effect to Africa's GDP.

So we look towards countries like Morocco, Ivorycoast and a much relieved Ghana (from difficult 2022).

I don't know if I can say it's getting better for Africa. 2007 to 2019 was good period for Africa in terms of economic growth. Since 2021, it's been one struggle or the other across.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 10:06pm On Jan 05
Shma2022:

FYI, The value of transactions by Mpesa YOY 2023 was 7 times Ghanian GDP, let that sink.
Remittances transacted on Mpesa were nearly double! I Would like to know the kind of weed you're on today.

And it's supersede, where did you school?
now you've jumped to remittances ?
Have you forgotten, year on year, Ghana receive more remittances than Kenya ?

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 10:08pm On Jan 05
vankelvin:
Some hefty brown envelops must have been exchanged backdoor cos this isn't normal

I wonder how they got it approved when the same AMA is asking another developer to reduce and already constructed project.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by vankelvin: 1:16am On Jan 06
Those guys at AMA should come out grin and explain as to why they approved this project
Just40:
I wonder how they got it approved when the same AMA is asking another developer to reduce and already constructed project.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by AskiaHarem(m): 2:24am On Jan 06
GeneralDae:

It's even getting worse.

SA struggling with 1 to 2% GDP growth due to unexpected dumsor (power crises) in the last 2 years. The hope they have is that their private sector is investing hard in the power sector.

Egypt still stuck building their new city of 30 Billion dollars that looks like a never ending project draining resources, high inflation and devaluation of Egyptian pounds with the craziest debt burden in Africa despite support they get from the likes of UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia.

Nigeria: Naira devaluation and Inflation.

That GDP of Africa may most likely reduce in 2024 except something is done or other countries grow tremendously. Ethiopia has that potential but most likely not in 2024. Ruto's tax mobilization and reforms in Kenya still on and his focus now would be to successfully pay off that Eurobond in June.

So there are problems everywhere I look in Africa.

Botswana and Namibia are shining lights but too small to have any meaningful effect to Africa's GDP.

So we look towards countries like Morocco, Ivorycoast and a much relieved Ghana (from difficult 2022).

I don't know if I can say it's getting better for Africa. 2007 to 2019 was good period for Africa in terms of economic growth. Since 2021, it's been one struggle or the other across.

Since 2021 it’s been a struggle or decline for every region on Earth. grin
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by AskiaHarem(m): 2:30am On Jan 06
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 3:18am On Jan 06
vankelvin:
Those guys at AMA should come out grin and explain as to why they approved this project
I wonder why they didn't cut it to size like every other project. Is it because the kasapreko guy is some how related to the NPP

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Appisko: 3:27am On Jan 06
Just40:
I wonder why they didn't cut it to size like every other project. Is it because the kasapreko guy is some how related to the NPP
That height restrictions needs to be scrapped out completely
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by vankelvin: 8:06am On Jan 06
I don't think it's because of his political affiliation but rather some money went somewhere
Just40:
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 8:27am On Jan 06
vankelvin:
I don't think it's because of his political affiliation but rather some money went somewhere
Under the current govt, anything goes.
They break laws with impunity just like the democrats in the US.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Shma2022: 9:34am On Jan 06
Just40:
now you've jumped to remittances ?
Have you forgotten, year on year, Ghana receive more remittances than Kenya ?
Remittances transacted on Mpesa is not Remittances in general, Stop playing reverse psychology, or at least be smart while at it. I know the slave's GC have done too much recently, tracing the root to their origin

BACK TO THE TOPIC
Unlike Ghana, Kenyan Mpesa service has single-handedly penetrated more than 10 countries - including Afghanistan. Mpesa is now serving more than 60 million customers, which has enabled users to conduct transactions valued at more than $400 billion annually!

Ghana's fintech can barely penetrate the Togo market, talkless of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Shma2022: 9:39am On Jan 06
vankelvin:

I'm not hating, but this thing is too hideous. Who are the developers of this building?
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 12:05pm On Jan 06
Shma2022:

Remittances transacted on Mpesa is not Remittances in general, Stop playing reverse psychology, or at least be smart while at it. I know the slave's GC have done too much recently, tracing the root to their origin

BACK TO THE TOPIC
Unlike Ghana, Kenyan Mpesa service has single-handedly penetrated more than 10 countries - including Afghanistan. Mpesa is now serving more than 60 million customers, which has enabled users to conduct transactions valued at more than $400 billion annually!

Ghana's fintech can barely penetrate the Togo market, talkless of Nigeria.
You go explain tire .....

Only 109 billion was done in your country last year and this year it is even lesser.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2401) (2402) (2403) (2404) (2405) (2406) (2407) ... (2492) (Reply)

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.