Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,493 members, 7,861,419 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 11:56 AM

Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode - Politics (2407) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (1138040 Views)

Fayose Shuts Down Access Bank Branch Over Fani-Kayode's Wife's Detention / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) / What Buhari Promised Nigerians Vs What He Has Delivered - Kenyans Blast Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2404) (2405) (2406) (2407) (2408) (2409) (2410) ... (2496) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Saddamochieng00(m): 10:17am On Jan 11
rvp2018:
On the lean year for startup kenya tops.

I was thinking since we have huge swathes of land in the north rift and Maasailand if trophy hunting would be a good idea. We need to ramp up tourist numbers especially the wealthy class and there's no better package than sport fishing/game hunting. We just need to bring in investors who'll allow shareholding agreement with locals in exchange for their land and the profits the locals get can be invested in feedlots making maximum use of the land. Nomadism isn't sustainable in the long run and we also need a centralised system if we're going to grow our beef and leather industry.

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by vankelvin: 3:31pm On Jan 11
The facilities for 2024 All African Games are shaping up nicely.

I think the Local organisers & Government could have done better. Completion of the facilities have delayed too much.
By now Team Ghana should be training in all the facilities

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by vankelvin: 3:35pm On Jan 11
West Africa started well in 2024

January- Afcon in Ivory Coast and
March- All African Games in Ghana

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by vankelvin: 11:31pm On Jan 11
Let same project be built in their countries and you will be surprise to see same people tell us how world class the design/ building is.

Just40:
And someone thought this was ugly...
especially when they are going to use the spaces for hanging gardens
The last time I saw two bold colours like these on a building was in Singapore, from my window
I heard it will be built at Ayi Mensah

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 3:19am On Jan 12
vankelvin:
Let same project be built in their countries and you will be surprise to see same people tell us how world class the design/ building is.

[b]
the construction site is behind the Tullow building

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by vaxx: 10:02am On Jan 12
This is the Ghanaian man behind the famous prophets TB joshua documentary .

BBC needs to acknowledge him .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WpwdI8Up5g?si=o0Y_cHrNEHCN3-7G

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by GeneralDae: 11:20am On Jan 12
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by vankelvin: 11:37am On Jan 12
I don't understand the whole noise about this TB Joshua guy.
I think I am one of the few people who knew that guy to be fake cos a lot of things were so obvious.

I always had this weird feeling whenever I saw him on TV. Infact everything about him looked wierd to me.
vaxx:

In Ghana most of these popular pastors are fake but people can't see
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by vankelvin: 11:39am On Jan 12
That place is better than Ayi Mesah
Just40:
the construction site is behind the Tullow building
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by ChaosMagus: 1:06pm On Jan 12
Just40:
Rawlings did not craft the 1992 constitution, it was crafted by Kuffour and his people to protect Rawlings.

Rawlings had nothing to become our lee Quan yew, the country was under various forms of sanctions and broke after years of mismanagement.
Rawlings took that broke country and stabilized it.

You can't put a cap on the formation of new constituencies, not even the US and UK have caps and that is why there is gerrymandering in democracies.
It is not Rawlings fault that your current politicians are too stupid to know that the more constituencies they create, the lesser the cake for everyone and the more cost it creates for govt. This is class one knowledge.

Acheampong is never better than Rawlings, Acheampong mismanagement and looting of the state coffers is one of the reasons why Rawlings felt the need to do what he did...

Rawlings was not just love for his charisma but also because he made sure the work was done, just like Nkrumah used to do. Under him was one of the few times corrupt people were actually dealt with.
Look at the GRA commissioner running away with his entire family because he signed a corrupt deal with the Offori Attah's mafia organization....under Rawlings, that will never happen.

Prudence in governance existed under him and we had a greater deal of accountability.

Ok so the constitution was drafted and actually accepted and implemented by "Kuffour and his people to protect Rawlings".
My God, really... I never knew this. Lets just assume its true, couldn't he (Rawlings) have been smart enough to get a group of intelletuals to look into and mend any potential loopholes since he was in power then? When you send your children to undertake a task, don't you cross check to ensure they do a quality job. That is what a true and smart leader does.

Rawlings dealt with corrupt people but forgot to deal with corruption as a disease. The two are not the same.

It is actually Rawlings fault the kind of leaders we have now if you look very critically. He set the bar so low, considering how long he stayed in power he should have done far better.

Are you actually telling us Ghana in 79 was in a more dire situation than LQ Yew's Singapore in the 50s. Have you checked and compared economic indices, literacy rates, mineral resources, gdp per capita? etc. Really??... ok .

I stayed in Ashaiman then (which is his stronghold), you cant tell me anything about some of the corrupt practices of some of his appointees. He was just buga buga, his appointees were smarter and they were the ones who chopped the money.

And who told you, you cant put a cap on the number of constituencies or ministers, which law states that? Are US and UK the only countries in the world. Must we always do what they do?

The thing is, Rawlings' case was just perculiar, no other president in Ghana will get that opportunity, and never will Ghana get such an opportunity to be ruled by a leader that long a period. So the point I am driving is if Rawlings had that opportunity, he should have done far more than what he did. The same corruption and sanctions Acheampong came and met them. Take Acheampongs achievement and number of years in office, compare to that of Rawlings achievements and number of years in office and see for yourself.

For our current leaders the least said about them the better. You and I know their main priority is the votes. Its not like they are stupid. They know exactly what should be done. Imagine Akuffo Addo having 120 ministers why dont you also compare his number of ministers to that of Canada or UK. What I am saying is we are at difference stages in development, we must do what works best for us as a people.

I have heard most people say Rawlings stabilized and returned the country to democracy. What people fail to understand is, this stability, peace and democracy was fought for, people actually pressured Rawlings with demonstrations upon demosntration till he had no option than to accept it. It was never done willingly by him. Had there not been any pressure, Rawlings could have held on to power forever. Why didnt he live Limann in office then? It was the lust for power that brought him back.

You were boasting with the dansoman township on this platform. Didnt you know it was built by Acheampong, look at "operation feed yourself" an initiative by Acheampong that saw Ghana export food commodities, something we could only dream of. And Acheampong was in power for how long?Please.... His government was corrupt, I agree, but what actually brought Acheampong down was mainly his quest to make himself president for life by forming the UNIGOV, the corruption was mostly cited by his opponents because that was what could better get the people to support the coupe.

Anyway me I am broke ooo... and I am so tired of this country. My priority now is to travel out of this country(Ghana), US/Canada on my mind now. @Just40 or any brother here who can help me I will appreciate it. Thank you all. Peace
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 1:10pm On Jan 12
ChaosMagus:

Ok so the constitution was drafted and actually accepted and implemented by "Kuffour and his people to protect Rawlings".
My God, really... I never knew that. Lets just assume its true, couldn't he (Rawlings) have been smart enough to get a group of intelletuals to look into and mend any potential loopholes. When you send your children to undertake a task, don't you cross check to ensure they do a quality job. That is what a true and smart leader does.

Take a look at our land tenure system. Could't he have done something about it. Look at those useless portfolios. Look at the number of ministers. It is actually Rawlings fault the kind of leaders we have now. All the stupidity being exhibited by our current leaders now is all due to Rawlings. He set the bar so low, considering how long he stayed in power he should have done far better.

Are you actually telling us Ghana in 79 was in a more dire situation than LQ Yew's Singapore in the 50s. Have you checked and compared economic indices, literacy rates, mineral resources, gdp per capita etc. Really... ok.

As for Rawlings everyone was corrupt except himself, his family, MPs and Ministers. I stayed in Ashaiman then (which is his stronghold), you cant tell me anything about some of the corrupt practices of his appointees. He was just buga buga, his appointees were smarter and they were the once who chopped the money.

And who told you, you cant put a cap on the number of constituencies, which law states that? Are US and UK the only countries in the world. Must we always do what they do?

Of course, from my write up I seem to be focusing on only Rawlings and ignoring the others. The thing is, Rawlings' case was just perculiar, no other president in Ghana will get that opportunity, and never will Ghana get such an opportunity to be ruled by a leader this long. So the point I am driving is if Rawlings had that opportunity, he should have done far more than what he has done. The same corruption and sanctions Acheampong came and met them. Take Acheampongs achievement and number of years in office, compare to that of Rawlings achievements and number of years in office and see for yourself.

For our current leaders the least said about them the better. You and I know their main priority is the votes. Its not like they are stupid. They know exactly what should be done. Imagine Akuffo Addo having 120 ministers why dont you also compare that one to Canada's ministers or UK's ministers. What I am saying is we are at difference stages in development, we must do what works best for us as a people.

I have heard you and other Ghanaians say Rawlings stabilized and returned the country to democracy. What people fail to understand was this stability, peace and democracy was fought for, people actually pressured Rawlings with demonstrations upon demosntration till he had no option than to accept it. It was never done willingly by him. If there were no pressure Rawlings could have done what any ordinary African leader wanted- hold on to power.

You were boasting with the entire dansoman township on this platform. Didnt you know it was built by Acheampong, look at "operation feed yourself" an initiative by Acheampong that saw Ghana export food commodities, something we could only dream of. And Acheampong was in power for how long?Please come again. His government was corrupt, I agree, but what actually brought Acheampong down was mainly his quest to make himself president for life by forming the UNIGOV, the corruption was mostly cited by his opponents because that was what could better get the people to support the coupe.

Anyway me I am broke ooo... and I am so tired of this country. My priority now is to travel out of this country(Ghana), US/Canada on my mind now. @Just40 or any brother here who can help me I will appreciate it. Thank you all. Peace

you're probably a kid not even 18 years old hence this kind of reasoning

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by samorobo: 1:39pm On Jan 12
Just40:
And someone thought this was ugly... especially when they are going to use the spaces for hanging gardens
The last time I saw two bold colours like these on a building was in Singapore, from my window

Lol it’s not really about the color but more of the design. It’s giving the ugly vibe of this building. So many similarities

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by samorobo: 1:45pm On Jan 12
vankelvin:

[b]

That shiit is ugly as hell.
That building and this nonsense belong to the sane whatsapp group .
Also the day that hideousness sees the light of the day , pls let us know

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by samorobo: 1:48pm On Jan 12
vaxx:

Why can’t he risk his life to save Ghana and do a documentary on akuffo.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by ChaosMagus: 2:59pm On Jan 12
Just40:
you're probably a kid not even 18 years old hence this kind of reasoning

Lol... You obviously didnt read the entire write up. But you needn't insult me to make your point. You dont have to be 60 to know and interprete bare facts. I'm in my late 30s, attended a good secondary school in Accra, BSc Statistics -KNUST, etc. While I dont know your age, i can confidently tell you that there is very little you know about Ghana that I dont know. I dont do politics. I hardly even argue. I am just an ordinary Ghanaian sharing his views. But hey we move...

About the last part... I am really in a hard place now. I lost my Ghana Statistical Service job, few years ago, delved into business, locked up cash etc etc. I will be forever grateful to you, if you or any one can help me in anyway...🙏please. Peace to you all.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 3:04pm On Jan 12
samorobo:

Lol it’s not really about the color but more of the design. It’s giving the ugly vibe of this building. So many similarities
This building is actually a beautiful building with a great design.

You probably don't have an eye for wonderful designs that brings into reality the impossibilities of architecture.
Do you understand what it takes to actually put up such weight on such a tiny footing and direct wind flow to create stability.?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by ChaosMagus: 3:08pm On Jan 12
samorobo:

He has done a lot of investigative work on Akuffo Addo's government and appointees. Go check. Even though I have my own reservations about some of his approach, he is generally a great guy.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 3:11pm On Jan 12
samorobo:

he has done so many already

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 3:15pm On Jan 12
ChaosMagus:

Lol... You obviously didnt read the entire write up. But you needn't insult me to make your point. You dont have to be 60 to know and interprete bare facts. I'm in my late 30s, attended a good secondary school in Accra, BSc Statistics -KNUST, etc. While I dont know your age, i can confidently tell you that there is very little you know about Ghana that I dont know. I dont do politics. I hardly even argue. I am just an ordinary Ghanaian sharing his views. But hey we move...

About the last part... I am really in a hard place now. I lost my Ghana Statistical Service job, few years ago, delved into business, locked up cash etc etc. I will be forever grateful to you, if you or any one can help me in anyway...🙏please. Peace to you all.

I didn't because I realized you didn't read what I wrote to you else you won't be repeating the same things.

I also have my 80k frozen by this govt nonsense clean up exercise which was meant to cripple political opponent

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by ChaosMagus: 3:24pm On Jan 12
rvp2018:
Ghana has had minerals and peace for longer than Angola and it look shitty. Angola are using their oil well.

Ghana's development is more open and widespread than Angola. For example more people have access to quality roads, health facilities, good schools, and electricity outside Accra the capital, than people have outside Luanda the Angolan capital. But I agree Ghana should be far gone in development compared to Angola, but thanks to our leaders we are where we are.

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by vankelvin: 3:46pm On Jan 12
You really have time to spare on that low life who can swear heaven and earth just to argue that Uyo, Kaduna, Ibadan and the other big villages are develop than Mombasa

Just40:

You probably don't have an eye for wonderful designs that brings into reality the impossibilities of architecture.
Do you understand what it takes to actually put up such weight on such a tiny footing and direct wind flow to create stability.?

Even Satan dey learn how to lie from him
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Appisko: 4:30pm On Jan 12
samorobo:

That shiit is ugly as hell.
That building and this nonsense belong to the sane whatsapp group .
Also the day that hideousness sees the light of the day , pls let us know
And what is wrong with the pic posted above ? You dey stay in your village ijero dey type nonsense cus internet is now cheap ozour

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by vaxx: 4:58pm On Jan 12
samorobo:

well due to your ignorance, you may have no knowledge about him. He has released many news that shakes the internet mainly within Ghana political space. And this involved a lot of big people in corridor of power .
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by vaxx: 5:00pm On Jan 12
ChaosMagus:

Ghana's development is more open and widespread than Angola. For example more people have access to quality roads, health facilities, good schools, and electricity outside Accra the capital, than people have outside Luanda the Angolan capital. But I agree Ghana should be far gone in development nocompared to Angola, but thanks to our leaders we are where we are.
Yet it is very irrational to compare Angola with Ghana . Ghana is ahead of Angola on many spaces .

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by ChaosMagus: 5:14pm On Jan 12
vaxx:
Yet it is very irrational to compare Angola with Ghana . Ghana is ahead of Angola on many spaces .

No matter where Ghana is compared to Angola, you agree it should have been far better than that, but for our mismanagement.

It still doesnt give us excuse to be where we are, since Angola has never been our yardstick.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by vaxx: 5:18pm On Jan 12
ChaosMagus:

if you are not depressed on making money within your ability . Can you work with starlife assurance? ( You may be involved in it while you search for better offer) I promised you will get enlisted tommorow unless you don't like the kind of job they offered onboard. .

Just check your locality and see if starlife assurance is present or better still look for the nearest neighborhood. You don't need to contact anybody. You can do it yourself.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by samorobo: 5:20pm On Jan 12
vaxx:
well due to your ignorance, you may have no knowledge about him. He has released many news that shakes the internet mainly within Ghana political space. And this involved a lot of big people in corridor of power .

Well he his has irrelevant as Ghana, so yeah I am happy to be ignorant about him .

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by samorobo: 5:22pm On Jan 12
Appisko:

And what is wrong with the pic posted above ? You dey stay in your village ijero dey type nonsense cus internet is now cheap ozour

Wtf is Ijero bro
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by ChaosMagus: 5:23pm On Jan 12
To the Ghanaians here... what do you guys think of the New Force? Do you think they can shake things up this election? Are Ghanaians ready for a new force? I dont think they will do anything significant, looking at how these 2 parties have hijacked this country. I may be wrong though....
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by samorobo: 5:23pm On Jan 12
Just40:

You go explain taya . That building is ugly to the sight, there is nothing you can do about that .
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by vaxx: 5:24pm On Jan 12
samorobo:

Well he his has irrelevant as Ghana, so yeah I am happy to be ignorant about him .
It shows your lack of exposure. No enlighten nigerians will want to share the same shoes with you
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by samorobo: 5:25pm On Jan 12
ChaosMagus:

He has done a lot of investigative work on Akuffo Addo's government and appointees. Go check. Even though I have my own reservations about some of his approach, he is generally a great guy.

Ok I don’t want to learn about that guy or Ghana, so I won’t be checking anything.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2404) (2405) (2406) (2407) (2408) (2409) (2410) ... (2496) (Reply)

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.