Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,128 members, 7,852,840 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 06:53 AM

Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode - Politics (941) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (1132186 Views)

Fayose Shuts Down Access Bank Branch Over Fani-Kayode's Wife's Detention / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) / What Buhari Promised Nigerians Vs What He Has Delivered - Kenyans Blast Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (938) (939) (940) (941) (942) (943) (944) ... (2493) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 4:59pm On Jan 14, 2022
Such power outage in Kenya are so rare - Kenya gov is doing investigation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqKUjUYTBYY

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 5:06pm On Jan 14, 2022
gallivant:

Bro why are you always making noise for everyone? If you can't provide sources for your rants, kindly shut up!! It's tiring reading your nonsense.
another rant

Did you not see your country census? grin

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 5:08pm On Jan 14, 2022
Shma:

Drop it once more time- prove to the people that you're not the biggest ever lying machine existing in nairaland.

It's so simple. And I don't want firewood consumption - which you've dropped before.
I've dropped it several times

Anyway, since you have Glaucoma

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 5:10pm On Jan 14, 2022
rvp2018:
There is overcapacity of nearly 1,000MW. Kenya do not use a lot of electricity because the majority of people live in the equator and in the highlands/high altitude - meaning electricity is really for lighting a bulb and watching TV.
so Kenya has 2000Mw electricity and only 1000mw is consumed with and over capacity of 1000mw ?

You see why you don't have to lie all the time?

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 5:11pm On Jan 14, 2022
Ghana is just too beautiful ...with Tema Motorway in view

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdjoFzJRfY0

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 5:14pm On Jan 14, 2022
3000Mw produced - with peak usage of 2000MW. Average Kenya only use electricity for lighting a bulb and watching TV. We are not doing heavy smelting or minning - which consume power - neither do we use any air-condition. Nobody I know in Nairobi has any air-con. It useless. Most of kenya cities except for Mombasa are in very great weather zones - in the equator and altitude of 2000 meters....great weather.

Just40:
so Kenya has 2000Mw electricity and only 1000mw is consumed with and over capacity of 1000mw ?

You see why you don't have to lie all the time?

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jan 14, 2022
Just40:
I've dropped it several times

Anyway, since you have Glaucoma

Are you being deliberately obtuse?

Tell us how firewood & petroleum gas consumption equates to electricity access rate?

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 5:29pm On Jan 14, 2022
rvp2018:
3000Mw produced - with peak usage of 2000MW. Average Kenya only use electricity for lighting a bulb and watching TV. We are not doing heavy smelting or minning - which consume power - neither do we use any air-condition. Nobody I know in Nairobi has any air-con. It useless. Most of kenya cities except for Mombasa are in very great weather zones - in the equator and altitude of 2000 meters....great weather.

let me just post what KenGen is saying so you don't lie..

Today, KenGen PLC has an installed generation capacity of 1,818MW, of which over 86% is drawn from green sources namely: Hydro (826MW), Geothermal (713MW), Thermal (253MW), and Wind (26MW)

Hydro contribute almost 50%

Your country total demand currently stands at 2000mw in 2021 and mind you your country produce below it installed capacity.... Meaning you don't have enough electricity to go round...

Hence the constant blackouts

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 5:32pm On Jan 14, 2022
Shma:

Are you being deliberately obtuse?

Tell us how firewood & petroleum gas consumption equates to electricity access rate?
you're acting like you didn't see what everyone saw....let me type it for you

Slightly over 50.4% of Kenyans use electricity

Now, go and help work on your country power crisis
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jan 14, 2022
Just40:

It's either you're dumb or you don't know how to read.

Go back and read the whole thing - don't forget the context.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 5:50pm On Jan 14, 2022
Shma:

It's either you're dumb or you don't know how to read.

Go back and read the whole thing - don't forget the context.
see him oo, talking about reading, when he couldn't read a simple sentence....

Why do you guys like arguing facts?

They remain facts and you can't change them with tantrums, just give up and go fix your shit. grin

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jan 14, 2022
Just40:
see him oo, talking about reading, when he couldn't read a simple sentence....

Why do you guys like arguing facts?

They remain facts and you can't change them with tantrums, just give up and go fix your shit. grin

Are you confused or you're just playing dumb? The root of your conversation and what you're talking about right now does not hold water.

Lemme educate you - It sounds like your puny brain is overheating.

There are different sources of electricity:

coal.
natural gas.
nuclear fission reactions.
sunlight, ( solar panels)
wind.
hydropower.

........ The list continues.

When you say Kenya has a 50% electricity access rate - while ignoring the other sources of electricity. Then I have nothing but pity for your hobbit brain.

This is the map for mains electricity.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 6:38pm On Jan 14, 2022
As always half baked research.
Kengen is just one of many players in power generation sector.
They are only folks with hydro..
Hydro should be anywhere 35 percent or below now.

Just40:

Today, KenGen PLC has an installed generation capacity of 1,818MW, of which over 86% is drawn from green sources namely: Hydro (826MW), Geothermal (713MW), Thermal (253MW), and Wind (26MW)

Your country total demand currently stands at 2000mw in 2021 and mind you your country produce below it installed capacity.... Meaning you don't have enough electricity to go round...

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 6:48pm On Jan 14, 2022
The madcow ranting daily - repeating same nonsense.

As of 2019 census - Kenya had about 6.5M household and business connected to main electricity - about 2 million are business enterprise - about 4.5m were household - now overally number of both household and business is 8.5m connected to metered main electricity (Ghana last I checked was not even at 3.5 million metered connection)

50 percent of kenya households were connected to main electricity - with 17 percent connected to solar (small home system) or mini grids.

Kenya is world leader or 2nd to India in number of small solar home system. There are millions of household with solar systems - Kenya buys solars as you buy generators.

You need to understand that unlike Ghana or Nigeria that almost entirely arable - Kenya population is settled on a small corridor that is arable - and can support lots of human population- and that is where it feasible to connect to main electricity.

The rest (80 percent of land mass that is semi arid and arid) will remain under solar and off grid solutions - it wont make sense to pull wires hundreds of kilometers to connect two or three nomadic pastoralist families who will move next week to new place in search of water and pasture.

ELEVATE THE DEBATE HERE - a

First pic - is Kenya electricity Infra
Second and third pic - is Kenya pop density

Just40:

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 7:00pm On Jan 14, 2022
rvp2018:
The madcow ranting daily - repeating same nonsense.

As of 2019 census - Kenya had about 6.5M household and business connected to main electricity - about 2 million are business enterprise - about 4.5m were household - now overally number of both household and business is 8.5m connected to metered main electricity ([i]Ghana last I checked was not even at 3.5 million metered connection
)

50 percent of kenya households were connected to main electricity - with 17 percent connected to solar (small home system) or mini grids.

Kenya is world leader or 2nd to India in number of small solar home system. There are millions of household with solar systems - Kenya buys solars as you buy generators.

You need to understand that unlike Ghana or Nigeria that almost entirely arable - Kenya population is settled on a small corridor that is arable - and can support lots of human population- and that is where it feasible to connect to main electricity.

The rest (80 percent of land mass that is semi arid and arid) will remain under solar and off grid solutions - it wont make sense to pull wires hundreds of kilometers to connect two or three nomadic pastoralist families who will move next week to new place in search of water and pasture.

ELEVATE THE DEBATE HERE - a

First pic - is Kenya electricity Infra
Second and third pic - is Kenya pop density

[/i] lunatic rant with unrelated stuff that doesn't make sense
Look for another excuse for why only 50% of your people are connected despite they living closer together in few towns.

Ghana has more smaller villages with a few 100 people in it and still manage to run wires for over 100s of kilometers just to get those few people connected.

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 7:01pm On Jan 14, 2022
rvp2018:
As always half baked research.
Kengen is just one of many players in power generation sector.
They are only folks with hydro..
Hydro should be anywhere 35 percent or below now.

rant on

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 7:03pm On Jan 14, 2022
Shma:

Are you confused or you're just playing dumb? The root of your conversation and what you're talking about right now does not hold water.

Lemme educate you - It sounds like your puny brain is overheating.

There are different sources of electricity:

coal.
natural gas.
nuclear fission reactions.
sunlight, ( solar panels)
wind.
hydropower.

........ The list continues.

When you say Kenya has a 50% electricity access rate - while ignoring the other sources of electricity. Then I have nothing but pity for your hobbit brain.

This is the map for mains electricity.
yeah I know

Burning wood is a source of electricity grin grin

Keep ranting and trying to deny facts, after all you're the one living in it
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 7:03pm On Jan 14, 2022
Sounds like a whimper from a cornered cane rat on its way to the Ghanaian dinner plate.
Just40:
rant on

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jan 14, 2022
Just40:
yeah I know

Burning wood is a source of electricity grin grin

Keep ranting and trying to deny facts, after all you're the one living in it

A zombie is bomboozled. He's now playing his usual nonsensical antics.

Who the hell was talking about burning wood?

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by obaaderemi: 7:22pm On Jan 14, 2022
samorobo:

No nearly all roads I have seen in Kenya over the past few days are broken.little wonder why you parade that Chinese flyover or thika nonsense.now I understand why you get elated by a stretch of road. Most places in kenya(about 87%) has never tasted bitumen or coal tar.

And pls don’t you ever try comparing Nigeria to your zoo.Kenya is a zoo and it’s shows in your settlement. My show has been an eye opener.
Your show actually destabilized them for days.

It vexed old man Kikuyu so much he started fighting dirty, bleating like a. donkey all over the place and copying and pasting epistles.

Yours is vastly different from the nonsense the suffering man does that no one responds to. Keep it up. You really exposed the ugly underbelly of little India.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 7:36pm On Jan 14, 2022
rvp2018:
Sounds like a whimper from a cornered cane rat on its way to the Ghanaian dinner plate.
You're still ranting as usual

It's 2022, learn to deal in facts ... You cow blood drinker

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 7:38pm On Jan 14, 2022
Shma:

A zombie is bomboozled. He's now playing his usual nonsensical antics.

Who the hell was talking about burning wood?

You were the one crying about how I didn't consider other source of electricity, after looking at the data and finding out how much wood burning is happening..

You just can't deal with facts because of how it exposed your lies
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jan 14, 2022
Just40:

You were the one crying about how I didn't consider other source of electricity, after looking at the data and finding out how much wood burning is happening.

You just can't deal with facts because of how it exposed your lies

Dude, honestly, what are you saying?

Are you suffering from dunning kruger effect?

At this point, you're wasting words and your energy.

The debate ended when your puny brain failed to decompound simple sources of electricity.

1 Like

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by rvp2018: 8:02pm On Jan 14, 2022
Kenya tax revenue up 30 percent in half year - as economy has fully recovered from covid-19 and firing on all cylinders.
https://citizen.digital/business/kra-tax-revenues-over-six-months-hit-ksh869-billion-n290286
Tax receipts through the first six months of the 2021/2022 fiscal year have hit Ksh.868.8 billion, posting a 29 per cent year over year growth from Ksh.673.6 billion in 2020.

This is according to new data from the National Treasury statement of actual revenues and net exchequer issues covering the months of July to December 2021.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Just40: 8:49pm On Jan 14, 2022
[s]
Shma:

Dude, honestly, what are you saying?

Are you suffering from dunning kruger effect?

At this point, you're wasting words and your energy.

The debate ended when your puny brain failed to decompound simple sources of electricity.
[/s] tantrum from a none entity

2 Likes

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Kazikazi: 9:28pm On Jan 14, 2022
Tanzania defense force

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by Kazikazi: 9:36pm On Jan 14, 2022
Tanzania

Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by gallivant: 11:32pm On Jan 14, 2022
Kazikazi:
Tanzania defense force

Seriously all that luggage takes away any tactical advantage. Unless this is a luggage battalion, it would be like shooting fish in a barrel for the enemy.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by samorobo: 11:41pm On Jan 14, 2022
rvp2018:
Here is Nairobi City...you can check the zones..each zone unlike Nigeria has it's characteristic.
Zone 7 - is slum complex of Mathare to Dandora. Zone 11 is Kibera Slum.
Each Zone has it's own regulation - on kind of building, size of plots, type of building, etc.
You cannot build a super tall structure in Karen for example or sub divide the land into 1/4 of an acre.
There are zones that allows for upto four flrs tall building.
There are zones that allow for town houses or semi detached or fully detached.
If a zone allows for 10 floors - then you will see thousands of them.
Nairobi Metro is urban and peri-urban areas in Kiambu (Ruaraka, Limuru, Ruiru, Thika), Machakos (Athi River, Sykomiau, Kamulu) and Kajiado (Kitengela, Ongata Rongai, Ngong).

You can’t teach me nada. I have carried out my online thesis meticulously and know Nairobi and Kenya like the back of my palm. I am more verse about your zoo than even you an inhabitant.take my word for it for they are factoid easily verified on YouTube.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by samorobo: 11:43pm On Jan 14, 2022
Shma:

I told you, the videos you've posted so far are heaven to what I have for your zoo. I haven't been intrigued even by a bit to retaliate - cos what I know for a fact, is kibera slum and your CBD are twins .

Get off my di.close. You are still masturbating over outdated image whilst I feed you wicked footages from your zoo.
The show should be commencing soon. Stay tuned.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by samorobo: 11:44pm On Jan 14, 2022
gallivant:

If you haven't got the memo, your show sucks. Ask sufferingnsmiling for advice and stay in a well ventilated room, because the generator fumes are definitely taking their toll. smiley

Nairobi sucks. You will be getting g more footages Chennai. Your attempt to wade me off is rather pathetic. Think of something clever next time.
Re: Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode by samorobo: 11:47pm On Jan 14, 2022
Just40:

Great insights. This past few days has been revealing.

(1) (2) (3) ... (938) (939) (940) (941) (942) (943) (944) ... (2493) (Reply)

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.