Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,121 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! (26504 Views)

Teresa Mcbain; From 20 years as Christian Minister To Full Atheist, Her Story / The Miracles Approved For The Canonization Of Blessed Mother Teresa Of Calcutta / What To Know About Mother Teresa Of Calcutta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by nepapole(m): 2:44pm On Sep 04, 2016
TeamSimple:
Another chieftancy title for the whites. Are there no saints in the black race?
How about saint obi.
Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by Jiff349(m): 2:44pm On Sep 04, 2016
An2elect2:
Saint my foot
Saint your foot right..... just struggle to make heaven .....

1 Like

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by Endy4all(m): 2:47pm On Sep 04, 2016
An2elect2:
Saint my foot

Deal with it.

2 Likes

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by Nobody: 2:49pm On Sep 04, 2016
Sanchez01:

And why on God's earth would I want to be a Catholic They day I think about it is the day I lose my mind and become and atheist! My point is, you guys should carrying the Bible since most of actions are contrary to the instructions therein. It's not a crime to have your own book. A particular denomination use the book of Mormon, I see no reason why you people can't do the same. Rather, you dwell on the KJV and embed some of your writings in it.

I have heard, don't be a Catholic.
It takes a lot to be a Catholic.
The Catholic Church does not owe anyone any apologies.
The church has survived for centuries and will continue to exist till the end of time.
It's members will continue to make heaven as long as they do what's right by God.
The Blessed Mother Mary will continue to be honored. from now on all generations shall call me blessed.
Luke 1:48

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by cyrilamx(m): 2:51pm On Sep 04, 2016
seunmsg:
I appreciate the fact that she dedicated her life to the service of humanity. She was dedicated to helping the poorest of the poor in her lifetime and that to me erased any negativity that some people finds in her, no human being is perfect. I will be more than fulfilled if I can be able to help just a quarter of people that she helped in her lifetime.

However, I find the two claims of miracle that were cited before naming her a saint as pure fabrication. She didn't do any miracle.
guy when you study the Catholic Church rules about hagiography (writings about lives saints) you won't be typing this trash. I wish I can meet you one on one to lecture u n your likes that declaring somebody a saint in the early church predate the Bible. It is those who have led blameless life of sacrifices, utmost humility and holiness, that after their exit from this word are put forward as candidate for sainthood(causa santae). In fact many don't survive the rigorous scrutiny of congregation of the saints as they have somebody in that congregation (usually a Bishop or cardinal) who plays the devil's advocate. His work is to see the suppose miracle attributed to the intercession of the candidate to be beatified/canonised as having natural explanation or a ruse. This said prelate as 'devil's advocate) dig up everything about candidate, his weakness, failings and even negative rumours just to discredit the person. However everyone one of his observations is subjected to investigation and vetting by the congregation for the cause of the saints in the Holy See. It usually rigorous and not foul play. One of the requirements of declaring one a beati or Saint is a miracle must be attributed through his/her intercession not necessarily he/she must have performed miracle while alive. The said miracle, must be real, instantaneous, devoid of natural/scientific explanation. In the Catholic Church any purported miracle must be scrutinised, analysed by experts in different fields of human endeavour and some of them are atheists who necessarily will be bias towards anything supernatural and the church. However they are men usually of honour. It is after careful analysis that these experts will come up with their findings that the said healing or cures which occurs as a result of the intercession of the deceased now in heaven defy any medical/scientific explanation. But if the healing has proof of human explanation or conspiracy, the church suspend such process. Sometimes raising a deceased person to the alter of sainthood us cumbersome, can take a centuries but some process are quicker depending on the diocesan process and other factors like popularity etc. So after the finding of eminent scientists, It now left for the church to carry out its own findings to ascertain if it is from the evil one or God's intervention. It takes a miracle according to one protestant theologian for the Catholic Church to declare happenings as miracle. The church hierarchy which is known as the magisterium is ever so careful. 2000 years of dealing with humanity has taught her how deceptive man can be. So mother Theresa like you said performed no miracle while alive...but you misunderstood the miracle attributed to her intercession now in heaven with God. That what the Church studies and brought forward. This is what the Catholic Church calls the relationship or communion of Saints in the Nicaea creed. We believe there are three churches: the church militants(those of us still struggling here and praying), the church purgation/Suffering ( those who died in friendship with God but couldn't go direct into heaven due to sins they have not atone for. Ck 1jn.5:13-18 for Deadly and none Deadly sins) and finally the church triumphant ( thses are those who lead holy lives...with sacrifices and using every day of their cooperating wit the grace of God, worked out their salvation in fear and trembling. After death, they went direct to heaven...they are saints) though tg scripture calls every believer a saint but in reality only those who are in presence of God after death worth the title as many will still fall away while on earth. Plz ask any question you want....

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by Endy4all(m): 2:51pm On Sep 04, 2016
Sanchez01:
Asking the dead to pray for you is a stupid thing to ask for. The Catholic Church keep exhibition nothing but religion and nothing but cult-like activities. Interestingly, they carry the Bible while they listen and act obediently to the dictates of the fathers. Worst of all, these acts far contradict what God instructed in the Scriptures.

There was never a place in the One where Christ or God charged people to ask the deads to pray or interecede for them. There was never a place where Mary was asked to be an intercessor to the prayers of men. Christ was and still is the person we ought to take our petitions to.

The Catholic Church, all thanks to their gullible folwrrs all around the world, have the power to deitify and idolize anyone they deem fit, while their followers, who, instead of studying their Bibles, would only listen to a Pope in a far away land and scream 'Saint whatever, pray for me'. And then you get to wonder why the prayers of a dead person would be any effective than yours.

Since you can't change those facts. Why not keep it to yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by bozcojohn5: 2:51pm On Sep 04, 2016
Great woman of virtue!

Saint Teresa of Calcutta, pray for us.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by namuguibe(m): 2:52pm On Sep 04, 2016
Uyi168:
I've read so many stuffs abt this woman..she's far from being a saint!..
Seun:

This is true:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Mother_Teresa#Criticism

More here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Mother_Teresa (this is an objective source)
Well, every notable public figure will have their fair share of criticisms. When you examine a person's work in life and when the good the person has done for humanity far far outweighs the bad, the person deserves all the praise and plaudits.

Every religious person does promote his/her religion. @Seun, you do the same with your forum, making an exclusive section just for Muslims and preventing any others from posting comments there unless they proclaim to be Muslims. I can be critical of that and say you have a religious bias or instead view your complete body of work and be more constructive and say you have provided a relatively open platform for discussion.

I have had the privilege of visiting Mother Theresa's home in Kolkata, India. She may have made mistakes in her life but what she has done for the poor and neglected in India (particularly the state of West Bengal) is visible and generally recognized and acknowledged in India.

4 Likes

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by marhoinspire: 2:52pm On Sep 04, 2016
Although Mother Teresa was beatified as a saint by the Catholic Church in 2003, in reality she was far from the saint the Church would lead you to believe. In fact, Mother Teresa isn’t even her real name; she was born Anjeze Gonxhe Bojaxhiu in Albania. The issues certainly don’t end with her pseudonym. Researchers today have called Mother Teresa an empty “PR ploy” by the Vatican to rehabilitate their tarnished image.

Mother Teresa’s claim to fame is helping poor around the world, but she did quite the opposite throughout her lifetime. Mother Teresa made niceties with right-wing Haitian Dictator Jean-Claude Duvalier and accepted money from him which had been stolen from Haiti’s poor. Duvalier was known for stealing millions from Haiti’s poor so that he could maintain his own lavish lifestyle. He spent $2 million of Haiti’s money to pay for his extravagant wedding.

Duvalier also profited from drug trafficking and selling the body parts of deceased Haitians.
Mother Teresa rubbed elbows with another thief by the name of Charles Keating. If that name rings a bell for you, it should; Keating is the banker best known for defrauding American taxpayers out of over $3 billion during the savings and loan crisis of the ’80s and ’90s. Keating donated $1.25 million to Mother Teresa and lent her his private jet so that the missionary could jet set around the world. Keating would later be convicted in state and federal courts of a litany of crimes including racketeering, fraud, and conspiracy. After Keating was convicted, Mother Teresa refused to return the stolen money and asked one of the courts to overturn his sentence.

What she did with the money remains in question. The care she gave to the sick and poor in her hospices was observed to be wholly unsanitary, medical care was wholly insufficient, and crucial pain management for the dying was cruelly inadequate. Her hospices were found to not even distinguish between terminally ill patients and those who could be cured. Consequently, patients with curable illness died from the poor, unsanitary treatment they received from Mother Teresa’s facilities.

Her motivation for setting these hospices may have been less compassion and more fundamentalism. Mother Teresa callously encouraged those who worked in her hospices to baptize dying patients, regardless of the patient’s religious beliefs or consent. Mother Teresa’s fundamentalism stretched beyond the subject of baptism. She claimed that abortion was “the greatest enemy of peace in the world,” and opposed contraception even in the cases of rape and incest.

Mother Teresa also defended a pedophilic priest named Donald McGuire, trying to get him leniency after he was convicted of raping children. She wanted him to be reinstated as a priest despite his heinous crimes.
The greatest irony of it all is that by the end of her life, Mother Teresa didn’t even believe in the fundamentalism she spouted or the religion she spent her life serving. After her death, letters Mother Teresa had written to the Vatican surfaced and revealed that she had stopped believing in the religion she plugged. Mother Teresa wrote: “What do I labor for? If there be no God , there can be no soul. If there be no soul then, Jesus, You also are not true.”

1 Like

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by jaey(m): 2:53pm On Sep 04, 2016
Please let a Catholic member:
-State the miraces that happened through praying in her name
-Mention the signs that happened to a part of her body. (as for other saints, it was said that one of them's blood did not decay another one was that beautiful flowers were sprouting around the grave of the saint)

Kindly answer for clarity and learning purpose.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by karleone(m): 2:53pm On Sep 04, 2016
Sanchez01:

And why on God's earth would I want to be a Catholic They day I think about it is the day I lose my mind and become and atheist! My point is, you guys should carrying the Bible since most of actions are contrary to the instructions therein. It's not a crime to have your own book. A particular denomination use the book of Mormon, I see no reason why you people can't do the same. Rather, you dwell on the KJV and embed some of your writings in it.

Dwell on KJV!? Oh bro, do your research well. A little help from GOOGLE will reveal a lot to you. Maybe you'll need to read up about the origin of. The Holy Bible and the Latin Vulgate.
By the way, your hatred for the Catholic Church - The Pillar and Foundation of Truth - will lead you to nowhere. You better seek God's wisdom in other to discern the real truth.
Happy Sunday

Sancte Teresa.. Ora pro nobis

4 Likes

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by hijodedios: 2:57pm On Sep 04, 2016
An2elect2:
For by Grace are you saved through faith and that not
of yourself but it is a gift of God. Not of works so you
don't boast …Eph 2:8,9.

Do catholics trust in their works for salvation? Yes
with joy.

Are catholics contradicting the scriptures? o yes, with
all pleasure. Who doesn't like "traditions" better?

Are catholics going to perish by biblical standards? O
pls, with all sadness.

Are they saved based on "traditions"? O well, if we are
talking "progressive salvation"

Was m.Theresa a catholic? yesss

She followed the catholic doctrine of salvation?
that was all she knew.

By biblical standards, is she with Jesus? obviously No

But by catholic "traditions"? Yea she is in paradise
seated at the right hand side of the "blessed virgin
Mary" who still has baby "Jesus" in her arm.

After reading your comments,i just wanted to scroll down to something meaningful but then again i could not just ignore the ignorance that you just exhibited here,you should have just kept your mouth shot but then again you are entitled to your opinion,but you would have stated at the end of the rubbish you vomitted hjere that it was only your opinion and in that case i would have read it and moved on,i am writting this becouse you have shown one of the main characteristics of protestants who just choose one portion of the bible to run into conclutions in other to condem the catholics to hell fire,who are you to judge?havent you in all your sence of all knowing read the portion of the same bible you quoted which tells you not to judge anyone so that you too wont be judged? I wouldnt want to waste much of time trying to enlighten you becouse i know your type believes more on what your pastors say than really reading the bible and understanding it the way it should be understood but i will leave you with James 2:14-26 pls read while meditating about what you are reading then latter go back and read the place you quoted when you condemed all catholics to hell.
14 What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good[a] is that? 17 So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

18 But someone will say, “You have faith and I have works.” Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works. 19 You believe that God is one; you do well. Even the demons believe—and shudder! 20 Do you want to be shown, you foolish person, that faith apart from works is useless? 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered up his son Isaac on the altar? 22 You see that faith was active along with his works, and faith was completed by his works; 23 and the Scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness”—and he was called a friend of God. 24 You see that a person is justified by works and not by faith alone. 25 And in the same way was not also Rahab the prostitute justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out by another way? 26 For as the body apart from the spirit is dead, so also faith apart from works is dead.

1 Like

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by herald9: 2:57pm On Sep 04, 2016
If you're electing other people to intercede on your behalf, it means Jesus has failed in all ramifications.... What stops him from being IMPEACHED? undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by AsoRockz01(m): 2:58pm On Sep 04, 2016
Kizyte:
I bet you, you'll come crying out to same Mother Theresa to pray to Jesus for you but it will be too late.

Hahahahahahahahahaha. Akukuo na egwu.
Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by raphieMontella: 3:01pm On Sep 04, 2016
Seun:

This is true:

More here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Mother_Teresa (this is an objective source)
bro u should know catholics run the whole show...
Its just their normal game plan
Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by madapcmod: 3:04pm On Sep 04, 2016
Sancta Teresa... Ora pro nobis!

1 Like

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by AsoRockz01(m): 3:05pm On Sep 04, 2016
jaey:
Please let a Catholic member:
-State the miraces that happened through praying in her name
-Mention the signs that happened to a part of her body. (as for other saints, it was said that one of them's blood did not decay another one was that beautiful flowers were sprouting around the grave of the saint)

Kindly answer for clarity and learning purpose.

Cheers

Please mention me if you get thheir response because I am also interested.
Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by Sanchez01: 3:13pm On Sep 04, 2016
Vanillaskin:

I have heard, don't be a Catholic.
It takes a lot to be a Catholic.
The Catholic Church does not owe anyone any apologies.
The church has survived for centuries and will continue to exist till the end of time.
It's members will continue to make heaven as long as they do what's right by God.
The Blessed Mother Mary will continue to be honored. from now on all generations shall call me blessed.
Luke 1:48
Since you love twisting like some other Catholics, I'd want to correct a notion about the passage you cited an excerpt. 45 downwards KS known as Mary's song.

46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,

47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

48 For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.

49 For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.

King James Version (KJV)
Those are from Mary, the mother of your god, praising God.

2 Likes

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by Nobody: 3:13pm On Sep 04, 2016
marhoinspire:
Although Mother Teresa was beatified as a saint by the Catholic Church in 2003, in reality she was far from the saint the Church would lead you to believe. In fact, Mother Teresa isn’t even her real name; she was born Anjeze Gonxhe Bojaxhiu in Albania. The issues certainly don’t end with her pseudonym. Researchers today have called Mother Teresa an empty “PR ploy” by the Vatican to rehabilitate their tarnished image.

Mother Teresa’s claim to fame is helping poor around the world, but she did quite the opposite throughout her lifetime. Mother Teresa made niceties with right-wing Haitian Dictator Jean-Claude Duvalier and accepted money from him which had been stolen from Haiti’s poor. Duvalier was known for stealing millions from Haiti’s poor so that he could maintain his own lavish lifestyle. He spent $2 million of Haiti’s money to pay for his extravagant wedding.

Duvalier also profited from drug trafficking and selling the body parts of deceased Haitians.
Mother Teresa rubbed elbows with another thief by the name of Charles Keating. If that name rings a bell for you, it should; Keating is the banker best known for defrauding American taxpayers out of over $3 billion during the savings and loan crisis of the ’80s and ’90s. Keating donated $1.25 million to Mother Teresa and lent her his private jet so that the missionary could jet set around the world. Keating would later be convicted in state and federal courts of a litany of crimes including racketeering, fraud, and conspiracy. After Keating was convicted, Mother Teresa refused to return the stolen money and asked one of the courts to overturn his sentence.

What she did with the money remains in question. The care she gave to the sick and poor in her hospices was observed to be wholly unsanitary, medical care was wholly insufficient, and crucial pain management for the dying was cruelly inadequate. Her hospices were found to not even distinguish between terminally ill patients and those who could be cured. Consequently, patients with curable illness died from the poor, unsanitary treatment they received from Mother Teresa’s facilities.

Her motivation for setting these hospices may have been less compassion and more fundamentalism. Mother Teresa callously encouraged those who worked in her hospices to baptize dying patients, regardless of the patient’s religious beliefs or consent. Mother Teresa’s fundamentalism stretched beyond the subject of baptism. She claimed that abortion was “the greatest enemy of peace in the world,” and opposed contraception even in the cases of rape and incest.

Mother Teresa also defended a pedophilic priest named Donald McGuire, trying to get him leniency after he was convicted of raping children. She wanted him to be reinstated as a priest despite his heinous crimes.
The greatest irony of it all is that by the end of her life, Mother Teresa didn’t even believe in the fundamentalism she spouted or the religion she spent her life serving. After her death, letters Mother Teresa had written to the Vatican surfaced and revealed that she had stopped believing in the religion she plugged. Mother Teresa wrote: “What do I labor for? If there be no God , there can be no soul. If there be no soul then, Jesus, You also are not true.”
I read through all what you have said and they could be true.
But let me ask you this
Are you better than her? No insult intended
A thief stole heaven just at the last minute, by being crucified next to Jesus, and if you looked at him life history, it could look even worse than all those things you wrote about Saints Teresa but he still made heaven.

It's easy to point out the bad things people did in their lives and want to use it to judge them, but God has the final say.

2 Likes

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by Nobody: 3:18pm On Sep 04, 2016
Sanchez01:

Since you love twisting like some other Catholics, I'd want to correct a notion about the passage you cited an excerpt. 45 downwards KS known as Mary's song.

Those are from Mary, the mother of your god, praising God.
Wait, wait are you trying to say she meant all generations shall call God blessed?
Because if that's how you understand it then I have nothing else to say to, let me not waste my precious time.

2 Likes

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by Sanchez01: 3:19pm On Sep 04, 2016
herald9:
If you're electing other people to intercede on your behalf, it means Jesus has failed in all ramifications.... What stops him from being IMPEACHED? undecided
Please, preach this brother. Preach this to them.

I don't understand how a people would call themselves Christians, do things contrary to the teachings and doctrines of the Scriptures and exhibit great dogmas when you try to make them see. In their words, indirectly, Christ is useless. Mary and Saints hold precious spaces in their hearts than Christ.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by tk4rd: 3:23pm On Sep 04, 2016
An2elect2:

with joy.

pls, with all sadness.

that was all she knew.

It's like you have been to heaven before.??
Pls, how many times have you been to this heaven.?
Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by neolboy(m): 3:25pm On Sep 04, 2016
An2elect2:

with joy.

pls, with all sadness.

that was all she knew.

why not save urself all this stress and face your doctrine, don't judge other doctrines as if urs is the best.
Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by Ghost01(m): 3:25pm On Sep 04, 2016
Seun:

This is true:

Wikipedia? Objective? Seriously?! Don't make the mistake of repeating that assertion in an academic circle o.

1 Like

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by Sanchez01: 3:27pm On Sep 04, 2016
Vanillaskin:

Wait, wait are you trying to say she meant all generations shall call God blessed?
Because if that's how you understand it then I have nothing else to say to, let me not waste my precious time.
No, she meant generations would call her blessed meaning, fortunate, privileged, to have carried Christ in her womb. Like I'd say to Mary lovers, there was nothing special about her from the outset because Joseph was working his way on humiliating her before an Angel of God came to enlighten him. You could use Adam Clarke's commentary to ease your understanding.

Rather than acknowledge the source, you people acknowledge the vessel that was used. Rather than worship the Origin of all, you acknowledge a piece in the story and scheme of things; a woman who later went on to conceive 'sin' like every woman in the world and had sex, just like every woman. You ask this same woman to pray for you. Thousands of people all over the world scream Hail Mary night and day, at the same time, indirectly giving her the one powerful attribute of God - Omnipresent.

2 Likes

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by Oluwason(m): 3:30pm On Sep 04, 2016
An2elect2:

with joy.

pls, with all sadness.

that was all she knew.

Hmm, though they have issues with their doctrine but I tell u its not as simple as u quoted. U will be surprise when u get to Heaven.
Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by Ghost01(m): 3:31pm On Sep 04, 2016
Sanchez01:
Asking the dead to pray for you is a stupid thing to ask for. The Catholic Church keep exhibition nothing but religion and nothing but cult-like activities. Interestingly, they carry the Bible while they listen and act obediently to the dictates of the fathers. Worst of all, these acts far contradict what God instructed in the Scriptures.

There was never a place in the One where Christ or God charged people to ask the deads to pray or interecede for them. There was never a place where Mary was asked to be an intercessor to the prayers of men. Christ was and still is the person we ought to take our petitions to.

The Catholic Church, all thanks to their gullible folwrrs all around the world, have the power to deitify and idolize anyone they deem fit, while their followers, who, instead of studying their Bibles, would only listen to a Pope in a far away land and scream 'Saint whatever, pray for me'. And then you get to wonder why the prayers of a dead person would be any effective than yours.
And how is the bolded different from praying to a dead Jew?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by Seun(m): 3:31pm On Sep 04, 2016
Ghost01:
Wikipedia? Objective? Seriously?! Don't make the mistake of repeating that assertion in an academic circle o.
It's not an authoritative source but it's certainly more objective than most websites.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by Nobody: 3:36pm On Sep 04, 2016
kaecyy:

saint kizito. St mulumba, st. Lwanga and prospective Blessed Iwene Tansi yet to be canonized.

i dont understand ....
but.... those ones u called saint are they not canonized?
i tot its wen u are canonized is when u will become saint
so for u to recognize them as saints means they are canonized.

i stand to be corrected.
Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by nelsonjj: 3:36pm On Sep 04, 2016
SleekyPosh:
Did I hear Saint Theresa of KALAKUTA!! shocked shocked grin
Watch What Your Tongue Roll Out Fire That May Consume U, Silent Is Always D Best When U Dont Know What To Say.
Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by Nobody: 3:37pm On Sep 04, 2016
Seun:
It's not an authoritative source but it's certainly more objective than most websites.
Don't mind that one, Wikipedia is as objective as you can get. Contributions are made from ordinary people like you and me with credible sources, and if the Wikipedia admins deem your source not credible enough, then they delete your entry. Articles that they feel there's a bias to either side, they put a DISCLAIMER such as the Wikipedia article about the Biafran War, saying that the article might seem to lean in favor of one side as opposed to the other. You can go on with your discussion, I'm following.

btw I was banned yesterday for asking if somebody really wanted to be as old as the 120 year old benue woman. I'm able to post now but the ban is still on my profile page
Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by Nobody: 3:42pm On Sep 04, 2016
Sanchez01:

No, she meant generations would call her blessed meaning, fortunate, privileged, to have carried Christ in her womb. Like I'd say to Mary lovers, there was nothing special about her from the outset because Joseph was working his way on humiliating her before an Angel of God came to enlighten him. You could use Adam Clarke's commentary to ease your understanding.

Rather than acknowledge the source, you people acknowledge the vessel that was used. Rather than worship the Origin of all, you acknowledge a piece in the story and scheme of things; a woman who later went on to conceive 'sin' like every woman in the world and had sex, just like every woman. You ask this same woman to pray for you. Thousands of people all over the world scream Hail Mary night and day, at the same time, indirectly giving her the one powerful attribute of God - Omnipresent.
I get it, you don't like Her
Don't worry yourself over it
The Catholics are not worried about it
But let me ask this
God is a perfectionist, do you believe that?
If yes, then how do you think those stories about her having other children could be true?
Don't you think it'll reduce the divinity of Jesus?
In the sense that He was not the only one to pass through the womb of His mother.

Let me also ask
When you call blood of Jesus, who gave Him blood?
Who's breastfeed Him, and cared for Him?

By the way, who says Catholics don't worship Jesus?
I think you have selective hearing meaning you only hear what you want to hear.
If you can find any Catholic Church which doesn't have the statue of Jesus on the alter then I will believe you.
Good day

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman: I Bought Cars For All My Male Workers / President Zuma & His Wife At Chris Oyakhilome's LFMA2017 (Photos) / Questions About Demon Possession - Nairaland Demonology Experts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.