Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! (26500 Views)

Teresa Mcbain; From 20 years as Christian Minister To Full Atheist, Her Story / The Miracles Approved For The Canonization Of Blessed Mother Teresa Of Calcutta / What To Know About Mother Teresa Of Calcutta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by MrMacinterchi1: 6:30pm On Sep 04, 2016
An2elect2:
I am commenting by the Spirit of God. And have said no lie

By the spirit of God, how would u know if u are saying the truth or just saying from ur own Understanding.
we can never have all information handy.
Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by Nobody: 6:33pm On Sep 04, 2016
Nigerians and our profound ability to criticise , many who have condemed this act know nothing of it, yet they condem , if you have no knowledge of what is been done then silence should be your resolve.

King David danced so hard praising God that his royal regalia fell off, one of his wive in resentment condemed the way he danced in her heart and God made her barren till death. It's still the same God that exists today.

Don't just comment because it's nairaland, because at the long run who are we to judge? Some of us won't even help a begger with 10 Naira yet we come here to spill rubbish

3 Likes

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by GuyfawkesAB(m): 6:33pm On Sep 04, 2016
Your Catechist and Father try. See sweet brainwashing. See as you weave bible texts to suit your flawed explanation
Empredboy:

No one prays to dead saints, because those in heaven are more alive than we are. The
Lord is God of the living, not of the dead. The fervent prayer of a righteous man is
very powerful (Jas 5:16). Those in heaven are surely righteous, since nothing unclean
can enter heaven (Rv 21:27). Those in heaven are part of the Mystical Body of Christ
and have not been separated from us by death, but surround us as a great cloud of
witnesses (Heb 12:1). They stand before the throne of God and offer our prayers to
him (Rv 5:cool and cheer us on as we run the good race. Intercession among members
of the body of Christ is pleasing to God (1 Tm 2:1-4) and even commanded by him (Jn
15:17). Those in heaven have a perfected love, so how could they not intercede for
us? Christ is the vine, and we are the branches; if we are connected to him, we are
inseparably bound together as well. Can the eye say to the hand, "I need you not"?
Neither are we to say we don’t need the prayers of our brothers and sisters (alive here
or in heaven), because salvation is a family affair.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by GuyfawkesAB(m): 6:37pm On Sep 04, 2016
Just another religious "merchandise" to sell to gullible Catholics to ask for prayers of intercession for them.

I pity you Catholics and I keep praying for you that your eyes are opened and you come to the light.
Christ has already opened the way for you to pray directly to God.

Hebrews 4
16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

2 Likes

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by joey150(m): 6:38pm On Sep 04, 2016
Sanchez01:

And why on God's earth would I want to be a Catholic They day I think about it is the day I lose my mind and become and atheist! My point is, you guys should carrying the Bible since most of actions are contrary to the instructions therein. It's not a crime to have your own book. A particular denomination use the book of Mormon, I see no reason why you people can't do the same. Rather, you dwell on the KJV and embed some of your writings in it.

Sorry to say but you are so so foolish... (no regrets)

Now kindly use your phone and google the origin of the bible try and find out who compiled what it is we call bible today.

Rather than use your mb to spread hate and envy why not dedicate your time to something humanity would remember you for like mother Teresa

Have sense!

2 Likes

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by batista181(m): 6:47pm On Sep 04, 2016
Congratulations mother you do deserve it

1 Like

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by GuyfawkesAB(m): 6:47pm On Sep 04, 2016
Who give pope the right and the powers to declare another person as a saint? Is he a member of heaven's council?

Who declared the fact that Mary had other children for Joseph to be false, citing that she remained a virgin all through her life?

Who ever proposed the idea that we need to pray to dead "saints" to intercede for us when the Bible already said that the Holy Spirit will pray for us when we don't have the strength or idea of what to pray for? Romans 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

Where were we instructed in the scriptures to pray with rosary and bow before idols of Mary and a purported Jesus? (Catholics will defend that as not idols, but will readily declare and African effigy in a shrine as an idol)

May God deliver our Catholic brothers and sisters to see the truth. Most of then are already drunk on the doctrines and traditions, most of which are not found in the bible and will defend it blindly till the death

2 Likes

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by raphieMontella: 6:52pm On Sep 04, 2016
Sanchez01:

And why on God's earth would I want to be a Catholic They day I think about it is the day I lose my mind and become and atheist! My point is, you guys should carrying the Bible since most of actions are contrary to the instructions therein. It's not a crime to have your own book. A particular denomination use the book of Mormon, I see no reason why you people can't do the same. Rather, you dwell on the KJV and embed some of your writings in it.

when u finally understand that the bible is catholic..u will know christianity as a whole is just their game plan..
Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by raphieMontella: 7:10pm On Sep 04, 2016
This is why i love the bible...
U can advocate and condemn almost anything..with that same book!

An2elect2:
For by Grace are you saved through faith and that not
of yourself but it is a gift of God. Not of works so you
don't boast …Eph 2:8,9.
shh! So much hatred for a christian!
Read 1james girl

Do catholics trust in their works for salvation? Yes
with joy.
i always laugh at christians like you..

Are catholics contradicting the scriptures? o yes, with
all pleasure. Who doesn't like "traditions" better?
shh abeg!
Even ur god jesus quoted from tradition...he made comments from non scriptural books! So was jesus mad?
Jesus was prophesized to be called a nazarene by tradition..not by scripture...u can never find that prophecy in the scripture...
So the gospel writers who quoted from books which are not in the bible and considered hearsays are mad right?

Are catholics going to perish by biblical standards? O
pls, with all sadness.

Are they saved based on "traditions"? O well, if we are
talking "progressive salvation"
the holy spirit that ure commenting through ehn..
It must be high on drugs

Was m.Theresa a catholic? yesss

She followed the catholic doctrine of salvation?
that was all she knew.
read the bible the catholics gave u
which u so much advocate for

By biblical standards, is she with Jesus? obviously No
i thought u said..no one knows who is in heaven or not?
Are u not a big hypocrite?
I love christians for this

But by catholic "traditions"? Yea she is in paradise
seated at the right hand side of the "blessed virgin
Mary" who still has baby "Jesus" in her arm.

jesus s.ucked mary's breasts u know...
He may still wanna have a taste of it...u never can tell

1 Like

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by raphieMontella: 7:19pm On Sep 04, 2016
Ma flex small lol..
GuyfawkesAB:
Who give pope the right and the powers to declare another person as a saint? Is he a member of heaven's council?
ur bible said..on this rock i will build my church or something.

Who declared the fact that Mary had other children for Joseph to be false, citing that she remained a virgin all through her life?
she did according to the bible...
Even the founder of ur religion --martin luther believed and advocated that she was a virgin all her life

Who ever proposed the idea that we need to pray to dead "saints"
i thought u guys believed in the ''soul''??

to intercede for us when the Bible already said that the Holy Spirit will pray for us when we don't have the strength or idea of what to pray for?
by standards..all christians ive seen pray for their friends,,relatives,, etc
even protestants ask their pastors likewise

[s]Romans 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
[/s]
not my drift

Where were we instructed in the scriptures to pray with rosary and bow before idols of Mary and a purported Jesus? (Catholics will defend that as not idols, but will readily declare and African effigy in a shrine as an idol)
ask them^^^
but wait o..jehovah asked moses to make images of angels and a serpent ni?
This jehovah sef...he is confused

[s]May God deliver our Catholic
brothers and sisters to see the truth.[/s]
judge not!!!
Lest ye be judged..

Most of then are already drunk on the doctrines and traditions,
jesus himself believed in traditions which are not found in the bible...
Maybe he was high ??

most of which are not found in the bible and will defend it blindly till the death
this bible!!
Is it not the one the same catholics gave to u?
The bible itself is catholic tradition
and ''sola scriptura'' is doctrine in its purest form..
Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by raphieMontella: 7:20pm On Sep 04, 2016
just look at the hatred emanating from the various sects of christianity which is supposed to be 'love'
kai!
Lwkmd..gullible christians...
All of em!
Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by Nobody: 7:23pm On Sep 04, 2016
GuyfawkesAB:

Who ever proposed the idea that we need to pray to dead "saints" to intercede for us when the Bible already said that the Holy Spirit will pray for us when we don't have the strength or idea of what to pray for? Romans 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

May God deliver our Catholic brothers and sisters to see the truth. Most of then are already drunk on the doctrines and traditions, most of which are not found in the bible and will defend it blindly till the death
First let me say this,
Please be careful of how you speak of the Pope.
He is not your mate that you should utter such words about his rights.

Then next,
I once followed a girlfriend who is a protestants to her church and later during the fellowship, the pastor said it's time for communion and he read from the same part of the Bible where Catholics priest recite from during their consecration.
Now, if the protestants broke out from the Catholic Church centuries ago because they felt everything about the Catholic Church is wrong, how come they are now copying some of its tradition?

Please leave the Catholic Church alone

1 Like

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by geraldgiz(m): 7:44pm On Sep 04, 2016
An2elect2:

with joy.

pls, with all sadness.

that was all she knew.

Thanks so much for exposing the truth, but they will not brlieve, they hold on to fables and Man Made Doctrine tenaciously, may God help them realise the truth. Thank God i left the seminary on time, it almost ruined my life.
Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by holysainbj(m): 7:59pm On Sep 04, 2016
An2elect2:

with joy.

pls, with all sadness.

that was all she knew.

u judge so well .....so u've been made a judge and u now decide who and who goes to hell?
hypocrite!!!
Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by An2elect2(f): 8:06pm On Sep 04, 2016
geraldgiz:
Thanks so much for exposing the truth, but they will not brlieve, they hold on to fables and Man Made Doctrine tenaciously, may God help them realise the truth. Thank God i left the seminary on time, it almost ruined my life.

Wow so glad He pulled you out.

All glory to God dear!
Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by Pidggin(f): 8:28pm On Sep 04, 2016
Sanchez01:

Was it your GO who compiled the Bible or the Catholic Church?
Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by Pidggin(f): 8:33pm On Sep 04, 2016
geraldgiz:

You left the Catholic seminary but you believe in the God of the Catholics, you believe in the scriptures which were compiled by the Catholics, smh
Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by Nobody: 8:37pm On Sep 04, 2016
Lool...all dese christians just dey mk me laff. So much contradiction
Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by Dontintin: 8:50pm On Sep 04, 2016
http://www.npr.org/sections/parallels/2016/08/31/491937448/how-the-catholic-church-documented-mother-teresas-two-miracles
For those who have requested the documentation of her miracles. Not satisfied? Google is your friend.
And please for Catholics out there who have commented, please do so with charity, you gain nothing by being unnecessarily aggressive and abusive. Don't be like them, show good example
Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by Laido: 9:02pm On Sep 04, 2016
Uyi168:
I've read so many stuffs abt this woman..she's far from being a saint!..

Yeah bro .. That's true! A lot of wise words from her. One of her quotes I used to like most is *If u can't feed a hundred, just feed one* many more like that!

1 Like

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by geraldgiz(m): 9:04pm On Sep 04, 2016
Pidggin:

You left the Catholic seminary but you believe in the God of the Catholics, you believe in the scriptures which were compiled by the Catholics, smh
I am no longer a catholic
Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by kbright14: 9:08pm On Sep 04, 2016
An2elect2:

with joy.

pls, with all sadness.

that was all she knew.

nonsense girl
Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by Beey(f): 9:21pm On Sep 04, 2016
SalC:
St Theresa of Calcutta pray for us.
Better learn to pray for yourself.The Bible says that it's appointed once for man to die and after that is judgement.The dead cannot pray for you.
Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by Empredboy(m): 9:23pm On Sep 04, 2016
GuyfawkesAB:
Your Catechist and Father try. See sweet brainwashing. See as you weave bible texts to suit your flawed explanation
You too use your own bible verse to twist it.
Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by Ubenedictus(m): 9:29pm On Sep 04, 2016
BE811APP:
But ehen...

You people should make non-Catholics understand more..

Bcuz i have lots of questions in my head... angry lipsrsealed

What questions do u have? wat do u nid to understand? mayb i can clarify.
Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by Ubenedictus(m): 9:41pm On Sep 04, 2016
Beey:
How can a sinner elevate a fellow sinner to the level of sainthood? Roman Catholicism doctrines are indeed amazing. grin
A fellow christian\s\ with episcopal and apostolic authority can recognise the sanctity of another christian. the church didnt make her a saint, instead they recognised the work of grace in her life and affirmed it at her death.

2 Likes

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by Ubenedictus(m): 9:59pm On Sep 04, 2016
Sanchez01:

So u dont know the bible is a catholic book? the catholic church was responsible for compiling and preserving d bible.
Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by Ubenedictus(m): 10:10pm On Sep 04, 2016
herald9:
I DON'T UNDERSTAND CATHOLICS AT ALL...

DO THEY HAVE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES IN HEAVEN angry angry
Catholics have more than house of rep in heaven, we have family members in heaven. we are d family of God by covenant. who did reps wen u ve gat family.

1 Like

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by Ubenedictus(m): 10:12pm On Sep 04, 2016
Sanchez01:

Please, preach this brother. Preach this to them.

I don't understand how a people would call themselves Christians, do things contrary to the teachings and doctrines of the Scriptures and exhibit great dogmas when you try to make them see. In their words, indirectly, Christ is useless. Mary and Saints hold precious spaces in their hearts than Christ.
There is an ancient creed christians have used for over a milenium, d apostles creed, it say to believe in the communion of saints. do u disagree wit it.

2 Likes

Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by Ubenedictus(m): 10:22pm On Sep 04, 2016
GuyfawkesAB:
He presented his views with scripture, why not refute him with same Scripture?
Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by FUCKU: 10:25pm On Sep 04, 2016
An2elect2:
Saint my foot

you are a catholic hater and they don't give a rat ass about you, your family, your church and entire generation combined. So, keep hating
Re: Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! by Ubenedictus(m): 10:32pm On Sep 04, 2016
GuyfawkesAB:
Just another religious "merchandise" to sell to gullible Catholics to ask for prayers of intercession for them.

I pity you Catholics and I keep praying for you that your eyes are opened and you come to the light.
Christ has already opened the way for you to pray directly to God.

Hebrews 4
16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
heaven is also a family banquet. we didnt just come to Jesus but to saints and angels and spirits.
Heb 12:22 But you have come to Mount Zion, to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem.
You have come to thousands upon thousands of angels in joyful assembly, 23 to the church of the firstborn, whose names are written in
heaven. You have come to God, the Judge of all, to the spirits of the righteous made perfect, 24 to Jesus the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood that speaks a better word than the blood of Abel.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria Will Be Worse If Buhari Wins 2nd Term - Cardinal Okogie / Apostle Suleman: I Bought Cars For All My Male Workers / Questions About Demon Possession - Nairaland Demonology Experts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.