Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,170 members, 7,821,971 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC (53088 Views)

Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers / We Can No Longer Import, Sell Fuel At N145/litre — Marketers / Petrol: N145 Per Litre Not Sustainable – NNPC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by Barcholder: 6:37am On Sep 06, 2016
Reference:

That is exactly what I am saying. Years of free oil has spoilt us. If oil runs out comlpetely, what are we going to do. We are not just prepared for development. The fact that we produce oil, does it mean we should not pay the right price for it. The US produces oil, why is gasoline not sold for 10 cents a litre there. They pay international prices though they produce. I often say, the day a yam farmer develops an inordinate taste for yams and he is not willing to pay the market price for yams or the fulani herdsman who loves suya and sells his cows to himself at half the price are both bankruptcies in the making. Next time you meet a Japanese, ask him how much he buys a Toyota or Honda vehicle?. This is the mentality we need to have. The Niger - Delta crises is the wake up call, the school teacher of Nigeria, strict, but in years to come will be praised for making us develop. So let them bomb happily. I'm 100% in support. I don't regard it as suffering but a learning curve to nationhood. As a person I don't fear leaving home for the first time to seek my own livelihood. Most Nigerians are petrified simply because they have absolutely nothing to offer.

What a phenomenal comment, without a doubt the best I've ever read on Nairaland. I couldn't have put it better myself. Your summary of the points is faultless.

Regards

Uvie
Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by stevedre: 10:17pm On Sep 09, 2016
redcliff:

800 pounds no fit do anything for you per month. Except you want to be living from hand to mouth in the uk.of course you can make the money there but you cannot spend it in nigeria so please dont make that comparison+

Mu thoughts exactly, by the time food, shelter n clothes handle the 800 pounds what will be left to either save pr flex on. Othe unforseen expenses are will still be waiting to pierce the wallet so honestly at the end profit after expenses will amount to very little but its still better than naija by Farrrrrrrrrr.
Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by jpphilips(m): 3:48am On Sep 17, 2016
Reference:

That is exactly what I am saying. Years of free oil has spoilt us. If oil runs out comlpetely, what are we going to do. We are not just prepared for development. The fact that we produce oil, does it mean we should not pay the right price for it. The US produces oil, why is gasoline not sold for 10 cents a litre there. They pay international prices though they produce. I often say, the day a yam farmer develops an inordinate taste for yams and he is not willing to pay the market price for yams or the fulani herdsman who loves suya and sells his cows to himself at half the price are both bankruptcies in the making. Next time you meet a Japanese, ask him how much he buys a Toyota or Honda vehicle?. This is the mentality we need to have. The Niger - Delta crises is the wake up call, the school teacher of Nigeria, strict, but in years to come will be praised for making us develop. So let them bomb happily. I'm 100% in support. I don't regard it as suffering but a learning curve to nationhood. As a person I don't fear leaving home for the first time to seek my own livelihood. Most Nigerians are petrified simply because they have absolutely nothing to offer.

You are only short sighted not blind
Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by Chydobe: 10:25am On Jan 03, 2018
So, you now have what we call a double warning. NNPC is suddenly finding its importing what they probably didn’t expect in terms of volume and the fact that Nigerians themselves are consuming more volume that they will normally consume in earlier months.

He also re-iterated on the fact that neighboring countries are selling fuel at more that $1 per liter. Of which $1 in Nigeria today is about N360.

"Couple with the fact that the countries that are surrounding us as a nation are all selling fuel at more than $1 per liter. $1 today is about N360. If you go to Cotonou, Ghana, Niger so is is not unlikely that some of our petrol is finding itself across the body to these countries".

Click on link below for more information
http://www.newzified.com/fuel-price-in-nigeria-likely-to-be-n360-per-litre-oil-marketers-insist/

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How CBN Gave NIA The N13 Billion Uncovered In Ikoyi, Lagos, Apartment / Senator Ademola Adeleke Arrived Osogbo From Us(pics) / Latest Ship Acquired By Nigeria Navy Which Left China On Sept 15 Arrives Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.