Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC (53061 Views)

Why We Cannot Sell Petrol At N145 Per Litre In South East – Marketers / We Can No Longer Import, Sell Fuel At N145/litre — Marketers / Petrol: N145 Per Litre Not Sustainable – NNPC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by cooltola(m): 4:35am On Sep 05, 2016
With the way the naira is falling, I will not be amazed if it becomes N340 per gallon by this December. Hopefully Dangote can finish building his refineries before then and the price can go down. Give Buhari more time abeg and i know he is not impressive right now. For things to get better , sacrifices must be made. Nigeria needs to stop depending on oil as a sole income. It is an economic depression rite now, but things will become better. Many oil producing countries are going through an economic recession. We will survive this storm and become a stronger nation.
Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by fxkay1: 4:44am On Sep 05, 2016
An increment would be the end if this government

1 Like

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by chachanga: 4:49am On Sep 05, 2016
amliftedhigher:
If increasing it will solve Nigeria problem, they should increase it.

How will it solve the problem of those who will die of hunger despite having contributed their quota justly?

Or Nigeria doomed to be a slaughterhouse of the innocent masses?!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by onatisi(m): 4:55am On Sep 05, 2016
cooltola:
With the way the naira is falling, I will not be amazed if it becomes N340 per gallon by this December. Hopefully Dangote can finish building his refineries before then and the price can go down. Give Buhari more time abeg and i know he is not impressive right now. For things to get better , sacrifices must be made. Nigeria needs to stop depending on oil as a sole income. It is an economic depression rite now, but things will become better. Many oil producing countries are going through an economic recession. We will survive this storm and become a stronger nation.
This is the reason why a person like buhari will be a president over a nation of 170 million ppl. Smh

The only thing on the mind of APc and buhari now is the hope that dangote will rescue the economy. What happens then if dangote refinery isn't ready by next year? Buhari and his cohorts has no answer to that.
Why should the leadership of a country as big and full of resources like Nigeria bee waiting for a businessman like dangote to help them solve a problem? Infact,let me just stand by the sidelines and keep watching Nigerians.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by onatisi(m): 5:01am On Sep 05, 2016
fxkay1:
An increment would be the end if this government
Forget,nothing go happen. Ppl will only shout on nairaland and twitter ,unfortunately the man buhari doesn't even listen to Nigerians just as he adviced a governor recently to shut his ears to public criticisms
Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by matoyeh(m): 5:02am On Sep 05, 2016
amliftedhigher:
you are such a disappointment

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by matoyeh(m): 5:03am On Sep 05, 2016
onatisi:

Forget,nothing go happen. Ppl will only shout on nairaland and twitter ,unfortunately the man buhari doesn't even listen to Nigerians just as he adviced a governor recently to shut his ears to public criticisms
thats true.

1 Like

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by Blue3k(m): 5:11am On Sep 05, 2016
onatisi:

This is the reason why a person like buhari will be a president over a nation of 170 million ppl. Smh

The only thing on the mind of APc and buhari now is the hope that dangote will rescue the economy. What happens then if dangote refinery isn't ready by next year? Buhari and his cohorts has no answer to that.
Why should the leadership of a country as big and full of resources like Nigeria bee waiting for a businessman like dangote to help them solve a problem? Infact,let me just stand by the sidelines and keep watching Nigerians.

People in this country act like corporate slaves for Dangote. Even though he does regulatory capture and gets special deals from politicians. Only in a country like Nigeria is everyones answer is to turn to this guy.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by onatisi(m): 5:17am On Sep 05, 2016
Blue3k:

People in this country act like corporate slaves for Dangote. Even though he does regulatory capture and gets special deals from politicians. Only in a country like Nigeria is everyones answer turn to this guy.
bros that is why I always say ,Nigerians deserve the kind of leadership they get. How can a nation as big as Nigeria be waiting for dangire refinery which is even billed to open in the next 17 months to solve their today's problem

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by onatisi(m): 5:18am On Sep 05, 2016
matoyeh:
thats true.

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by saintmark88(m): 5:32am On Sep 05, 2016
Infinitikoncept:
Where is saintmark88? The eight months you asked for never reach four months your brothers don dey plan increament

Bros d govt don tire me oh.....

1 Like

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by lagosrd: 5:52am On Sep 05, 2016
ALMUSTAQIM:
YOU PEOPLE JUST LIKE GIVING YOURSELVES HEART ATTACK

WHILE MANY FILLING STATIONS ARE REDUCING THEIR PUMP PRICES TO BETWEEN 138 TO 140, YOU ARE DREAMING OF PRICE INCREASE

PLEASE NOTE WE ARE NOW ON PRICE MODULATION.

NO MORE PRICE INCREASE AGAIN

ANYWAY WE KNOW THOSE BEHIND THIS THREAD

That's in your fertile imagination. We will not allow those kind of cajoling again. These people are mixing all manners of things with the petrol being sold . Go yourself to those stations with a Jerry can (plastic key) and buy you will not only be scare,but also disappointed on the quantity been sold for a litre.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by lagosrd: 5:55am On Sep 05, 2016
matoyeh:
you are such a disappointment

Understatement, he has lost hope completely

1 Like

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by lagosrd: 6:00am On Sep 05, 2016
cooltola:

You people forget wo soon . If things don't get better people will take to the streets . They will not sit down and wait for those give him time syndrome till everyone dies. Egypt strategy loading. This country is not for one man.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by kryptonian1987(m): 6:09am On Sep 05, 2016
amliftedhigher:

WAKA!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by Jidibia(m): 6:12am On Sep 05, 2016
Buhari did not come back to rule, he came back to make money b4 he dies, shikena.

3 Likes

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by AyoolaIgwe(m): 6:15am On Sep 05, 2016
Teewhy2:
Can someone tell me am dreaming, you mean after the 70% increase in price of petrol and increase in dollars exchange rate which has led to increase in all products including house rent, some people call still be thinking of increasing pump price.
All the currency swap deal which we thought could help nobody is telling us anything about it again
So where are we going in this countries, minimum salary can't even buy you a bag of rice, businesses are shutting down, entrepreneurs can't even start business as government policy doesn't support small scale business.
With this kind of news while won't our best brains and youth run abroad to look for greener pastures. Imagine working as casual in London (without certificate) in UK and you are paid 10 pounds/hour and you worked for 6 hours per day, That is 60 pounds/day. Working 5 days a week =300 pounds, 4ce a month is 1200 pounds. 40% tax you are left with 800 pounds converting to naira @ 525= 420k.
How many graduates makes that in 2 months.
may 50 graduates out of millions of dem out there
Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by Jidibia(m): 6:19am On Sep 05, 2016
After increasing fuel pump price and dilluting it, its not still enough by you guys uh? Change my nyash

1 Like

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by gcof(m): 6:29am On Sep 05, 2016
amliftedhigher:
what has increase in price ever solved in Nigeria except increasing the suffering of an average Nigerian

1 Like

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by nwamehn: 6:54am On Sep 05, 2016
onatisi:

There is no need saying anything,it is already settled and what is needed is just for pmb to give the go ahead,most likely it will be done before Oct 1 or the first week of October. So start saving more money for fuel and transportation.

I'm beginning to respect u, I swear. A prophet is not only known when he shouts on top of his voice with a holy book in his hand and sprinkles holy water all over people.

5 Likes

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by Barcholder: 7:02am On Sep 05, 2016
We can scream and cry as much as we want, it changes nothing. The Naira has been greatly devalued over the last few months, and the price of everything has gone up dramatically, as we rely almost exclusively on imports.

Fuel is no different, so why does it come as a shock to anyone that the price of fuel will also go up shortly? Let's get real and stop with the helpless thrashing about. All the screaming and protesting in the world isn't going to change a single thing. Have you not seen the price of diesel rise from 120 to 200 already this year? What has kerosene risen by this year so far?

What Nigerians should be figuring out is what they can do to eliminate their near total dependence on petrol, because that's the only way to survive the coming onslaught. Principally, fuel is consumed most to power generators, however, there are other, cheaper forms of generating power in Nigeria today, so why not focus on moving to those.

Solar power is considerably cheaper than petrol in generating power, and there are now so many cheap and easy ways to get it. Why don't we all focus our minds on that, and move beyond this petrol price nonsense once and for all.

I can tell you that I've not bought a single litre of petrol for generator in 3 and a half years, and I've never been without light for a single second in all that time. I use Solar Power to generate my energy and have no need for a generator. So, from a personal perspective, even if they increase the price to 1,000 per litre, it's not going to affect me.

Surely, this is the best way for Nigerians to go now, surely! How much more pain and suffering do you want to endure before starting to make smart decisions?

If you want to find out how you can get Solar Power for your home and business affordably, let me know.

Regards

Uvie
Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by dadebayo1(m): 7:07am On Sep 05, 2016
Teewhy2:
Can someone tell me am dreaming, you mean after the 70% increase in price of petrol and increase in dollars exchange rate which has led to increase in all products including house rent, some people call still be thinking of increasing pump price.
All the currency swap deal which we thought could help nobody is telling us anything about it again
So where are we going in this countries, minimum salary can't even buy you a bag of rice, businesses are shutting down, entrepreneurs can't even start business as government policy doesn't support small scale business.
With this kind of news while won't our best brains and youth run abroad to look for greener pastures. Imagine working as casual in London (without certificate) in UK and you are paid 10 pounds/hour and you worked for 6 hours per day, That is 60 pounds/day. Working 5 days a week =300 pounds, 4ce a month is 1200 pounds. 40% tax you are left with 800 pounds converting to naira @ 525= 420k.
How many graduates makes that in 2 months.

Please how can I cross over to the UK?

1 Like

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by onidarewhyte(m): 7:17am On Sep 05, 2016
mercy of da Lord come down to your childrennnnnnn............. grin[color
Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by Fourwinds: 7:18am On Sep 05, 2016
ALMUSTAQIM:
YOU PEOPLE JUST LIKE GIVING YOURSELVES HEART ATTACK

WHILE MANY FILLING STATIONS ARE REDUCING THEIR PUMP PRICES TO BETWEEN 138 TO 140, YOU ARE DREAMING OF PRICE INCREASE

PLEASE NOTE WE ARE NOW ON PRICE MODULATION.

NO MORE PRICE INCREASE AGAIN

ANYWAY WE KNOW THOSE BEHIND THIS THREAD
there is nothing like we know those behind this thread...

it was in d news... I saw d idiots retired GMDs on Channels tv says this trash..

most of those NNPC GMDs are very useless set of managers

1 Like

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by Barcholder: 7:21am On Sep 05, 2016
dadebayo1:

Before heading off to the UK, please ask him how much the following things are in the UK:

1. Rent
2. Food
3. Fuel
4. Travel
5. Electricity
6. Water
7. Telephone

Next, ask him to deduct the cost of these from his salary, and then see whether there's anything left. In fact, ask him whether that money he's calling is enough to cover these costs in the first place, nevermind what's left.

The grass is not always greener on the other side. I'm from the UK, trust me, I know what I'm saying. If you think that people are not suffering in the UK too, then go over there for 2 years. I'm willing to bet that you would be begging to come back to Nigeria. As crazy as that may sound to you right now, I'm very certain that I'm 100% right.

Regards

Uvie

4 Likes

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by AdeniyiA(m): 7:25am On Sep 05, 2016
Soon they will create artificial scarcity, where are the refineries?
Anytime I switch on my radio or TV ,what I hear are problems, inefficiencies of various sectors of our economy and so on.
Education, power, politics, housing, transportation, banking, etc...

But, my fellow Nigerians, I am confused....are we cursed as a nation? Especially with shortsighted, clueless, non-revolutionary, spineless, corrupt,parochial leaders, ??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by excel101(m): 7:31am On Sep 05, 2016
APC leadership are like, Oh! I beg let us blame GEJ joor. All the while they were blaming last administration instead of concentrating in giving the people the dividend of democracy. Now they're going back to pump price increase again. This govt. is the laziest in nigeria's history.

1 Like

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by AnodaIT(m): 7:32am On Sep 05, 2016
Unbrandedguy:

U are asking wat is stopping u?!., a lot...
1. APC I'll not allow that.. A slap on their face.
2. North will not allow dat. Ur'e rubbing them of their turn.
3. It becomes a ploy to give SW the leadership mantle.
4. The power brokers/favoured earners in this tenure will kill any attempt to do so.

Face the fact. Nigeria is not a single entity, unlike other nations which have lots of things in common. What do we have in common between north and south here?! Religion = nil, Language = nil, Culture = nil, beliefs=nil
Banking/economy =nil Schooling/education =nil..
I wish those western powers understand this.
They keep thinking we are one people and keep wondering why we are killing each other not knowing that Nigeria is like putting Arabs and Chinese in the same country.

Even Europe with their small dialectical difference in language is heavily fragmented into individual countries because they couldn't stay together

2 Likes

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by Polyglot7pointO: 7:35am On Sep 05, 2016
HUMMMMM so u never vex b4?as u take dey do am?my broda brace ursef up..the worst is still yet to come...rmba u av been promised and thought that u must suffer first for u to get ur required change..after all change dey alleged was better than TRANSFORMATION..but thankGOD FOR ENGLISH..EXPERIENCE THEY SAY IS THE BEST TEACHER...THE TASTE OF THE PUDDING IS IN THE EATING.
princemillla:
This is where I would be very angry with this nation. Make FG kukuma close down this nation and let's start seeking asylum in other countries. Cuz am sure av not heard of any coming policy to salvage this mess.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by princemillla(m): 7:37am On Sep 05, 2016
Polyglot7pointO:
HUMMMMM so u never vex b4?as u take dey do am?my broda brace ursef up..the worst is still yet to come...rmba u av been promised and thought that u must suffer first for u to get ur required change..after all change dey alleged was better than TRANSFORMATION..but thankGOD FOR ENGLISH..EXPERIENCE THEY SAY IS THE BEST TEACHER...THE TASTE OF THE PUDDING IS IN THE EATING.

Thanks for your advice, I think I will pass... If we can survive 84, belive me we would this time also.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC by planetx: 7:38am On Sep 05, 2016
dadebayo1:

And you think you can survive on 800 pounds a month in the UK?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Luxurious Bus Oshiomhole And Obaseki Are Campaigning With / Goodluck Jonathan Observing Tanzanian Presidential Election Held Today (Photos) / Photos Of Alake & El-Rufai Answering Questions For Tinubu At The Chatham House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.