Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,882 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

Advice Needed. How Do I Move On? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice Needed. How Do I Move On? (4199 Views)

sorted / My Wife Is Adulterous: Advice Needed-long Post / . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice Needed. How Do I Move On? by Nobody: 9:54am On Sep 06, 2016
You are useless and worthless.....end of story

I won't tell you to move on on your own. You obviously can't. You need professional help. You are damaged!!!
Re: Advice Needed. How Do I Move On? by Nobody: 10:00am On Sep 06, 2016
Are you okay?
Chrisjane:
Ask him for forgiveness for being harsh and then move on with your life. lgnore him completely in future and be polite when you meet in the same social gathering. Is hard but Time will tell...
Re: Advice Needed. How Do I Move On? by Chrisjane(f): 10:10am On Sep 06, 2016
daretodiffer:
Are you okay?
As in?
Re: Advice Needed. How Do I Move On? by Nobody: 10:17am On Sep 06, 2016
As in do you suffer from any mental disorder, disease or impairment ?

Chrisjane:

As in?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Advice Needed. How Do I Move On? by crackhaus: 11:08am On Sep 06, 2016
Mindfulness:

At the stage she is at in ths moment in time, she will end up repeating her mistakes. undecided
She better starts working on her self-esteem and learns to respect herself before engaging in any relationship, be it with him or someone else.

This is story is so sick.

What can I say? undecided
Well nothing, I guess biological make-up is something that can't be helped. cheesy
Re: Advice Needed. How Do I Move On? by crackhaus: 11:15am On Sep 06, 2016
Ishilove:

This ya story get k-leg.

You aren't dating, but he packed his bags and moved in with you. In other words you're room/flatmates.

The two of you fought each other, he tore your panties and even 'forced' you to jerk him off, yet you say you two aren't dating.

Op, either you're friends with benefits, shagging each other without commitment, or this story is as fake as Kim Kardashians oversized buttocks.
As in eh, at least I'm not the only one with reservations on this story.

I just didn't want to dwell on dissecting it totally, to avoid a situation where readers would assume I was making excuses for the guy & diverting attention from the fact that she was sexually assaulted.
Re: Advice Needed. How Do I Move On? by joseph1832(m): 11:16am On Sep 06, 2016
daretodiffer:
You are useless and worthless.....end of story

I won't tell you to move on on your own. You obviously can't. You need professional help. You are damaged!!!
Typical example of kettle calling pot black. grin

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed. How Do I Move On? by Chrisjane(f): 12:12pm On Sep 06, 2016
daretodiffer:
As in do you suffer from any mental disorder, disease or impairment ?

No. But methinks you do judging from your previous rants for attention! l know 'worthless and useless" Which is synonymous to daretodiffer will quote me after this to prove me right and tell us who she really is. Sanctimonious fool who thinks she knows it all!

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed. How Do I Move On? by inemani: 12:47pm On Sep 06, 2016
Firstfirst, why would a boy and a girl cohabit in da name of being 'FRIENDS'? Friends indeed, nonsense! And the advisers at the beginning of this thread were advocating begging for forgiveness, say who die?
Come macarena, do your parents know you're living with a young man with hot blood running in his veins? For your info, he doesn't like nor love you; you are just a tool, shikena!
Get up, dust your buttocks, pick your long-forgotten bible and ask God for mercy and grace to focus in your academics!
Finally, throw the dude out of your apartment and life!
Re: Advice Needed. How Do I Move On? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Sep 06, 2016
I would rather be an attention seeker than a worthless and useless thing .....

But then I am no attention seeker and you are lipsrsealed

You really help because it seems like your self esteem is minus 100. No self-respecting human with even a digit IQ would ask another human to beg an abusive friend cum rapist. Youe existence is an apo......

Chrisjane:

No. But methinks you do judging from your previous rants for attention!
Re: Advice Needed. How Do I Move On? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Sep 06, 2016
undecided
Re: Advice Needed. How Do I Move On? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Sep 06, 2016
5minsmadness:

Hehehe.
I was about to respond pugnaciously then i saw the moniker.
No, i did not say men have no self control.
In fact, quite the opposite.
MEN ARE ALL ABOUT SELF CONTROL.
The base instinct of any man is sex. A man is called a gentleman by a woman because he doesnt ask for sex. A man is mature because he can control himself in sexual situations.
A man sees a woman he likes and no matter how intelligent she is upstairs... Its sex he is thinking about. He may mask it and play the nice guy, romantic guy, supportive guy, save a hoe (pls pardon my french) guy, the bottom line is, he's either giving himself reasons to have sex or not to have sex with the woman.

Its actually in response to Bukatyne's previous thread on what a man wants. I've been out of circulation for a while so it was the first thing that came to mind.

In fact the only reason you think they are not depraved animals is because they havent all asked you for sex grin

You can actually only speak for yourself, not all men.

The basic instinct for any human being male or female, or even any living being is self-preservation

Sex is overrated.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed. How Do I Move On? by 5minsmadness: 2:58pm On Sep 06, 2016
Ioannes:

The base instinct for any human bring male or female, or even any living being is self-survival.

Sex is overrated.

Coming from a guy, this sounds more like a defeatist statement garnered through many years of disappointing encounters grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice Needed. How Do I Move On? by 5minsmadness: 3:07pm On Sep 06, 2016
crackhaus:

As in eh, at least I'm not the only one with reservations on this story.

I just didn't want to dwell on dissecting it totally, to avoid a situation where readers would assume I was making excuses for the guy & diverting attention from the fact that she was sexually assaulted.

I was actually the first person to like ishilove's post.
I had my reservations as well but the whole sexual assault thing draws out sympathy and one doesnt want to appear insensitive.

Then there's the sudden new post about fingering and rubbing her face with sperm.... sudden self realization in her own strengths and moving on...

I'm not saying its not true o, but something is definitely fishy.

Nyway. The thread is filled with righteous rampage. All is well with the world.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed. How Do I Move On? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Sep 06, 2016
crackhaus:

Well nothing, I guess biological make-up is something that can't be helped. cheesy

How does OP's story represent biological make-up?

And if so, can we also conclude that all men are ra.pists?

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed. How Do I Move On? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Sep 06, 2016
Ioannes:

The base instinct for any human bring male or female, or even any living being is self-survival.

Sex is overrated.

I share your views but didn't want to speak out for being accused of not knowing how men tick. It's actually funny that some people assume that all me are busy fighting their li.ido on a daily basis like some super Hot, se.x starved creatures.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed. How Do I Move On? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Sep 06, 2016
5minsmadness:

Coming from a guy, this sounds more like a defeatist statement garnered through many years of disappointing encounters grin

Lol, you can't be more mistaken. It isn't a defeatist statement. I'd like to think it's a statement of someone who has seen it all.

There's definitely more to life than sex.

When you get there you'll understand. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed. How Do I Move On? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Sep 06, 2016
Mindfulness:

I share your views but didn't want to speak out for being accused of not knowing how men tick. It's actually funny that some people assume that all me are busy fighting their li.ido on a daily basis like some super Hot, se.x starved creatures.

God bless you there.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed. How Do I Move On? by 5minsmadness: 3:29pm On Sep 06, 2016
Ioannes:

Lol, you can't be more mistaken. It isn't a defeatist statement. I'd like to think it's a statement of someone who has seen it all.

Oh, i know there's definitely more to life than sex.
But saying sex is not at the very least an important part of men's lives is just self deciet.

Have u gone outside today?

Are you saying since today began you havent met or seen at least one lady that you had sexual thoughts about, even if you immediately pushed it out of your mind?

Go on. Disappoint me by telling the truth wink

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed. How Do I Move On? by 5minsmadness: 3:35pm On Sep 06, 2016
Ioannes:

P. S @bolded, by saying this you admit there ws a time where u thought everything was about sex cheesy

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed. How Do I Move On? by TV01(m): 3:39pm On Sep 06, 2016
macarena:
Thank you every one for the advice. I got more than I expected.
And most of you were right, my self-esteem is nothing to brag about.

TV01, are you a psychologist?
All your descriptions were so apt.
I never knew it was this bad. When you said I was on my way to becoming damaged, I started crying because its so true.
I've always looked at relationships through Mills and Boon coloured glasses. Passionate fights brought you closer than ever.
Naive me!

I will learn to love and forgive myself though I don't know where to start from. And even though I find it hard, I'll go make friends.
I'll take it one day at a time.
You are most welcome. And apologies for being somewhat blunt. The trauma wearies one atimes.

You said you were in church? Nowadays that can mean many things, including the opposite of what it implies. However, if you truly believe, I would advise you head for Christ and the cross in the heart of things. I don't mean increased religious activity.

Give your self to prayer and to scripture. Understand who you are in Christ, and what he has done for you. Keep your self, and ensure your conduct aligns with scripture.

If there is an older, mature, female christian you can fellowship with for pointers, please find one. But be very discerning in who you choose and what you share. the closer to home she is the better.

Grace and mercy will bring about your healing - it's all grace and mercy really, God is good - and in time, you will be over this. The vision you had of "how it would be" will surely come to pass. When you meet the one, share all with him, not necessarily a detailed, but like at first here. Then honestly answer any questions.

He will be one with the shoulders and heart to love you despite, and even more so, because of what you went through. That will be the final step - perhaps almost imperceptible - in your restoration.

Ditch worldly therapeutic notions like self-esteem. Christs develop real spirituality and character, that is robust and speak to anything you will face.

Take any practical measures to avoid the person in question. If you have to see him, just be polite and aloof. If the conversation is forced, let him know you want nothing to do with him and ask that he respect that. Get an older person involved if you feel legitimately threatened.

I will remember you, may The Good Lord lift up His countenance upon you and give you His peace.

TV

...not sure what psycho I am, but it's not "ologist" grin. It is well and will be better. God bless

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed. How Do I Move On? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Sep 06, 2016
5minsmadness:

Oh, i know there's definitely more to life than sex.
But saying sex is not at the very least an important part of men's lives is just self deciet.

Have u gone outside today?

Are you saying since today began you havent met or seen at least one lady that you had sexual thoughts about, even if you immediately pushed it out of your mind?

Go on. Disappoint me by telling the truth wink

Lol. I think we're talking about different things entirely.

Sex is an integral part of the human makeup no doubt, and yes the male tends to think more about sex than the female, which has been scientifically proven anyway.

Is it every time you think about sex that you actually have sex? If this is so then you might need some help.

All I'm saying is, man's first instinct isn't sex, it's self preservation.

You're in your room at night with your babe, all n@ked and ready to go. Suddenly you hear the unmistakable sound of a rapid gun fire close to your window. What are you going to do? smiley

Now let's not derail this thread OK?
Re: Advice Needed. How Do I Move On? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Sep 06, 2016
5minsmadness:

P. S @bolded, by saying this you admit there ws a time where u thought everything was about sex cheesy

I plead the fourth here. Thank you. grin

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed. How Do I Move On? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Sep 06, 2016
Ioannes:

God bless you there.

And you! smiley

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed. How Do I Move On? by crackhaus: 6:48pm On Sep 06, 2016
5minsmadness:

I was actually the first person to like ishilove's post.
I had my reservations as well but the whole sexual assault thing draws out sympathy and one doesnt want to appear insensitive.

Then there's the sudden new post about fingering and rubbing her face with sperm.... sudden self realization in her own strengths and moving on...

I'm not saying its not true o, but something is definitely fishy.

Nyway. The thread is filled with righteous rampage. All is well with the world.
Lmao..righteous rampage indeed, that be the true true.. gringrin

Crushing on him, fantasizing sex with him, getting jealous when he talks of other girls...hehe! And all the while living together.

Oh well..
Re: Advice Needed. How Do I Move On? by crackhaus: 6:53pm On Sep 06, 2016
Mindfulness:

How does OP's story represent biological make-up?

And if so, can we also conclude that all men are ra.pists?

Drunk in love.

Women crave security—your own words baby girl.. tongue
Problem is some of y'all stay put in such situations hoping there will be a change...probably due to fear of the unknown and starting all over again building that security from scratch, no?
Re: Advice Needed. How Do I Move On? by Chartey(m): 7:17pm On Sep 06, 2016
ifyalways:
Is this some kind of fiction or what undecided

You are co-habiting with a man? He had accommodation issues and nowhere else to turn to but you? On top of that he rapped you? Yet you want to apologise to him?

For what exactly?

Do you have self esteem issues, are depressed or something because I for the life of me, don't understand you.

You also love or want him hence your jealousy when you see him with other women?

So many issues with you, if you are not a nld troll.

Maame me pa wo ts) checke me thread wei.
Wo y3 big madam nti ma me contract kakra wai.

https://www.nairaland.com/2404758/customised-accessories-headquarters-come-here

Hope my 2 by 4 Twi is not too bad?
Re: Advice Needed. How Do I Move On? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Sep 06, 2016
crackhaus:

Drunk in love.

It's Beyonce's best video clip ever and a great song too. cheesy

Women crave security—your own words baby girl.. tongue

Did the relationship she described feel secure to her? I don't think so. wink

The 'funny' thing about women is that they seem to crave security but sometimes often grin find themselves in insecure, fear-based relationships.

Problem is some of y'all stay put in such situations hoping there will be a change...probably due to fear of the unknown and starting all over again building that security from scratch, no?

Until they learn that they deserve better, everyone does.
Re: Advice Needed. How Do I Move On? by Nobody: 10:50am On Sep 07, 2016
TV01:

You are most welcome. And apologies for being somewhat blunt. The trauma wearies one atimes.

You said you were in church? Nowadays that can mean many things, including the opposite of what it implies. However, if you truly believe, I would advise you head for Christ and the cross in the heart of things. I don't mean increased religious activity.

Give your self to prayer and to scripture. Understand who you are in Christ, and what he has done for you. Keep your self, and ensure your conduct aligns with scripture.

If there is an older, mature, female christian you can fellowship with for pointers, please find one. But be very discerning in who you choose and what you share. the closer to home she is the better.

Grace and mercy will bring about your healing - it's all grace and mercy really, God is good - and in time, you will be over this. The vision you had of "how it would be" will surely come to pass. When you meet the one, share all with him, not necessarily a detailed, but like at first here. Then honestly answer any questions.

He will be one with the shoulders and heart to love you despite, and even more so, because of what you went through. That will be the final step - perhaps almost imperceptible - in your restoration.

Ditch worldly therapeutic notions like self-esteem. Christs develop real spirituality and character, that is robust and speak to anything you will face.

Take any practical measures to avoid the person in question. If you have to see him, just be polite and aloof. If the conversation is forced, let him know you want nothing to do with him and ask that he respect that. Get an older person involved if you feel legitimately threatened.

I will remember you, may The Good Lord lift up His countenance upon you and give you His peace.

TV

...not sure what psycho I am, but it's not "ologist" grin. It is well and will be better. God bless
Thank you oh so much.
Pls may I send pm?
Just want to ask about something.
Kinda afraid of the jabs I might receive if I drop it here.
Re: Advice Needed. How Do I Move On? by crackhaus: 4:31pm On Sep 07, 2016
Mindfulness:

It's Beyonce's best video clip ever and a great song too. cheesy

Did the relationship she described feel secure to her? I don't think so. wink

The 'funny' thing about women is that they seem to crave security but sometimes often grin find themselves in insecure, fear-based relationships.

Until they learn that they deserve better, everyone does.
You're looking at it from your perspective on the outside, why don't you ask her if she felt the relationship was secure....and if it wasn't, ask her why she didn't remove herself from it but instead they kept staying together. cheesycheesy
Re: Advice Needed. How Do I Move On? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Sep 07, 2016
crackhaus:

You're looking at it from your perspective on the outside, why don't you ask her if she felt the relationship was secure....and if it wasn't, ask her why she didn't remove herself from it but instead they kept staying together. cheesycheesy

@macarena

Did you feel secure in the relationship with that guy? Excuse my curiosity please.
Re: Advice Needed. How Do I Move On? by crackhaus: 5:14pm On Sep 07, 2016
Mindfulness:

@macarena

Did you used to feel secure in the relationship with that guy? Excuse my curiosity please.
Edited wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Yahoo Neighborh's Testimony / Henceforth I Don't Want You To Make Love With Me Anymore -says My Partner / Ladies, If He Loves You But Doesn't Want Marriage, Would You Stay Anyway?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.