Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,371 members, 7,812,091 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:57 AM

What If Zuckerberg Were A Nigerian Atheist? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What If Zuckerberg Were A Nigerian Atheist? (25436 Views)

Nigerian Atheist, Carl Maobi, Kidnapped / Nigerian Atheist: / Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What If Zuckerberg Were A Nigerian Atheist? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Sep 06, 2016
Gwan2:
We as an entity are yet to conquer hunger, epidemics like polio, malaria, lasser fever, fundamentals of development like electricity , adequate and clean water supply, housing and some many anomalies, so is only natural to portray these tendencies.
Human development evolves in many aspects one of which is social & psychological evolution, unfortunately for us as a race the world is moving at a faster pace to accommodate our natural evolution process, hence we are forced to join the moving train prematurely. So when attributes such as what you painted above begins to show up, its only but natural just that unfortunately it will be seen as primitive or archaic because the stage of evolution at that moment.
Exactly, these westerners once embraced religion sometime as many Nigerians are doing. If not I would not have read about John d rockefeller that believed his wealth was from "God". If they were not crazy about religion, we would not have the "missionary thingy". As you rightly said, the world is changing faster than we are developing, the reason for many displays we see and term "hyprocrisy".

2 Likes

Re: What If Zuckerberg Were A Nigerian Atheist? by Surfboard(m): 1:29pm On Sep 06, 2016
Strawman:

Guy I don't understand this OP oh. Wole Soyinka is an irreligious person, but his literary contributions are still acknowledged nationwide. Nigerians wouldn't reject somebody's input just because he's an atheist.

Soyinka practises African Tradition Religion, I think. How does that make him 'irreligious'?
Re: What If Zuckerberg Were A Nigerian Atheist? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Sep 06, 2016
blueseacats:
That's because Nigerians Christians try to victimize them for not believing in Christ . So they build this defense around themselves .

Chrisitians are usseless bunch of hypocrites.

2 Likes

Re: What If Zuckerberg Were A Nigerian Atheist? by mrofficial(m): 1:31pm On Sep 06, 2016
Wingback:
He would be very annoying and delusional...Classic example is Seun Osewa, he and Mark are both Programmers yet he abuses his forum to shove down His beliefs on us.

We get it, you are an atheist, doesn't mean you should go about actively seeking for people to piss off...Y'all call yourselves free thinkers but mock Theists...Such Irony.

By the way, I am Agnostic and all I do is poke a few jokes, I just find it distasteful going round shouting to people "HEY I DONT BELIEVE IN GOD"

I don't think Mark would have hidden this comment. grin

7 Likes

Re: What If Zuckerberg Were A Nigerian Atheist? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Sep 06, 2016
naijaboiy:
The owner of this forum is an atheist..it has not stopped people from coming here everyday.

So I don't get the point. undecided
Lol, go to the religion section and see how people 'bash' Seun for not believing in god. I'm pretty sure none of those same people would try doing that to Zuckerberg, they'd just sheepishly smile and say "yes sir" to everything he says. Abi which of you a christian people will say you want to marry Oga Seun (who is still single, btw grin). But if Mark decides "I want a a Nigerian wife" you'll see girls lining up as if its project fame audition. That's the point.

7 Likes

Re: What If Zuckerberg Were A Nigerian Atheist? by kayo80(m): 1:33pm On Sep 06, 2016
abhosts:
There is a difference. Nigerian atheists are usually very Rude, Proud and Condescending to people of Faith but that cannot be said of Bill Gates or Mark Zuckerberg.

Life is an echo. Nigerian atheist are like that because of how religious people treat them. Religious people in America and European countries are not as close minded as African religious people.

3 Likes

Re: What If Zuckerberg Were A Nigerian Atheist? by mmsen: 1:34pm On Sep 06, 2016
Versailles:
I Have Always Wondered about this too @OP.
I am a Christian Myself.
When Zuckerberg arrived into Nigeria, Everyone was all Oooh's and Aaaah's. as He being 32 and able to Achieve all this Feat at a very Young age. Being the World's Richest at 5th and Probably Climbing Up to 3rd and 2nd in the Nearest Future.
When I discovered he was an Atheist, though raised a Jew by Faith. and He still believes Buddhism was a Good religious Faith. I was Shocked.
But If you notice something, when He and Priscilla got married 2012, they Sufferred 3 misscarriages Until Last year. They had Max.
Upon Max's arrival. They Quickly Intiated the Zuckerberg-Chan Intiative requesting that they would Donate almost All of their welath to the Charity. which would be After their Death?
Is Anything Fishy Here?
He might be very Rich and All. But to all Atheist's out there.

The Bible says "A Foolish Man Says in His Heart, There is No GOD"
GOD is Real and all Powerful. If you don't Believe, Then you should never pray to be In a Life-Death Threatening Situation. Then you are going to Appreciate the Grace of GOD over your life.

Mark Might Be AN Atheist, But that Surely Means He doesn't believe in the Devil. Renouncing his Belief, Doesn't mean He doesn't Believe Deep down in his Heart something else.

You cannot read another man's mind.

You have no idea what he believes, you have to take it as given that what he says is what he believes.

And a lot of religious people suffer miscarriages and other forms of hardship - what does that tell us about their god(s), their faiths?

When a xtian couple loses a child to illness do you question their god?

When a xtian couple divorces do you question the statement - what god has put together let no man put asunder?

Or do you do what most xtians do and ignore the evidence in front of you, preferring to find solace is myth and myopic thought?

Most muslims and xtians live in poverty, in some of he most unstable parts of the world - why is their god ignoring their cries? Why is it that atheism and agnosticism is found in more stable, equitable societies?

8 Likes

Re: What If Zuckerberg Were A Nigerian Atheist? by delerx(m): 1:35pm On Sep 06, 2016
The only reasonable comment so far.
Strawman:
Who cares if you're an atheist, Christian, Muslim, idol worshipper etc.?? Contribute something useful to the society and you'll be acknowledged, just like Zuckerberg.

2 Likes

Re: What If Zuckerberg Were A Nigerian Atheist? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Sep 06, 2016
mrofficial:

I don't think Mark would have hidden this comment. grin
Idk why I feel like I have to intervene here, I mean, how many times do atheist threads get pushed to the fp? And besides he only engages in arguments on the FORUM, I don't see any throat shoving. Facebook is not a forum. How do you know if Mark Zuckerberg doesn't have forums he logs into to discuss his belief? Besides, he doesn't live in a religion crazed environment like Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: What If Zuckerberg Were A Nigerian Atheist? by kayo80(m): 1:37pm On Sep 06, 2016
naijaboiy:
The owner of this forum is an atheist..it has not stopped people from coming here everyday.

How many people know this?
Re: What If Zuckerberg Were A Nigerian Atheist? by DedeNkem: 1:41pm On Sep 06, 2016
If Nigeria wasn't a religiously dumb country, it would have made a lot of progress in science!

99% of Nigerians are scientifically illiterate! They would rather go to useless native doctors or churches to seek dumb answers for any natural phenomena than going to the science lab! They believe in non-existent god and juju than science.

The good thing about Science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it!

6 Likes

Re: What If Zuckerberg Were A Nigerian Atheist? by BodyKiss(m): 1:44pm On Sep 06, 2016
Akeelahtunez:

u believe there is no God abi❔
oya simply invent oxygen u breathe and live on

See reasoning. grin

1 Like

Re: What If Zuckerberg Were A Nigerian Atheist? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Sep 06, 2016
AnonyNymous:

Lol, go to the religion section and see how people 'bash' Seun for not believing in god. I'm pretty sure none of those same people would try doing that to Zuckerberg, they'd just sheepishly smile and say "yes sir" to everything he says. Abi which of you a christian people will say you want to marry Oga Seun (who is still single, btw grin). But if Mark decides "I want a a Nigerian wife" you'll see girls lining up as if its project fame audition. That's the point.
People bash seun because he perhaps comment and talk down on the religious. Mark does not talk down people's activities on his site. If you don't want trouble, don't invite trouble. Dey your lane. Do you think Facebook will be what it is if Mark keeps preaching his belief in Magic and talking down people's belief in Miracles.

1 Like

Re: What If Zuckerberg Were A Nigerian Atheist? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Sep 06, 2016
mmsen:

You cannot read another man's mind.

You have no idea what he believes, you have to take it as given that what he says is what he believes.

And a lot of religious people suffer miscarriages and other forms of hardship - what does that tell us about their god(s), their faiths?

When a xtian couple loses a child to illness do you question their god?

When a xtian couple divorces do you question the statement - what god has put together let no man put asunder?

Or do you do what most xtians do and ignore the evidence in front of you, preferring to find solace is myth and myopic thought?

Most muslims and xtians live in poverty, in some of he most unstable parts of the world - why is their god ignoring their cries? Why is that atheism and agnosticism is found in more stable, equitable societies?
Knowledge is key. Where did christainity and perhaps Islam originate from? Africa The so called atheist that many seem to want to be now were once religion crazy. If not we would not have read about how Missionaries came about. The westerners were crazy God seekers before now.

1 Like

Re: What If Zuckerberg Were A Nigerian Atheist? by josephmbonu: 1:50pm On Sep 06, 2016
And then! Waiting con hapn, I hate long stories that has no end. Repeating words again and again

1 Like

Re: What If Zuckerberg Were A Nigerian Atheist? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Sep 06, 2016
majekdom2:
People bash seun because he perhaps comment and talk down on the religious. Mark does not talk down people's activities on his site. If you don't want trouble, don't invite trouble. Dey your lane. Do you think Facebook will be what it is if Mark keeps preaching his belief in Magic and talking down people's belief in Miracles.
Facebook is not a forum.
Re: What If Zuckerberg Were A Nigerian Atheist? by vosquare: 1:54pm On Sep 06, 2016
abhosts:
There is a difference. Nigerian atheists are usually very Rude, Proud and Condescending to people of Faith but that cannot be said of Bill Gates or Mark Zuckerberg.
That's just it... Many atheists in Nigerian always criticise other religions also

Here on nairaland, see a topic on pastor having sex with member or flaunting money, they won't be slow to criticize Christianity. They always shout there is no God but I don't know what they gain from bashing those that believe in God

2 Likes

Re: What If Zuckerberg Were A Nigerian Atheist? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Sep 06, 2016
AnonyNymous:

Idk why I feel like I have to intervene here, I mean, how many times do atheist threads get pushed to the fp? And besides he only engages in arguments on the FORUM, I don't see any throat shoving. Facebook is not a forum. How do you know if Mark Zuckerberg doesn't have forums he logs into to discuss his belief? Besides, he doesn't live in a religion crazed environment like Nigeria.
A forum that allows atheists topics and comments on religion section. Is he making atheism a religion now?? He should check that before arguing and discussing his beliefs.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What If Zuckerberg Were A Nigerian Atheist? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Sep 06, 2016
AnonyNymous:

Facebook is not a forum.
My point is, we should know when to be professional. Nairaland is solely out for profit and thus, seun and his moderators should keep their beliefs personal. People should know that perhaps when he is being interviewed.

1 Like

Re: What If Zuckerberg Were A Nigerian Atheist? by Bazinga(m): 2:00pm On Sep 06, 2016
naijaboiy:

Hw did u knw? What's d source abi na sauce? grin
Re: What If Zuckerberg Were A Nigerian Atheist? by sugarwiz(f): 2:00pm On Sep 06, 2016
Every one has a religion weda u profess God or not.

1 Like

Re: What If Zuckerberg Were A Nigerian Atheist? by kweenroyalty(f): 2:04pm On Sep 06, 2016
Mark is Jewish, keep deluding yourselves. There are no atheist in Nigeria just deluding people with little spare change in their coin purse. Life is spiritual and the fathers of science, medicine, philosophy et al admitted to the existence of a Supernatural being but like i said keep deluding yourselves. The richest man in Africa admits there is a God so little Nigerians with spare change that their entire generation can't dream of been as rich or talented as Mark and Dangote says there isn't, when you done with your delusions get up and find the truth. God is real, don't be deceived or lied to.

4 Likes

Re: What If Zuckerberg Were A Nigerian Atheist? by iamrealdeji(m): 2:05pm On Sep 06, 2016
This Azuka man is full of trash and false notions,not intelligent. 
Professor Wole Soyinka is an atheist and still remains the most loved and respected Nigerian Professor. Everybody makes a sentence about being brilliant and Wole Soyinka has became synonymous with brilliance. Wole Soyinka has turned to a word.
Mr Seun Osewa remains the most respected individual website owner in Nigeria today because,people visit his website all the time,people pour him praises,girls want to date him and he's an atheist. So what's this man talking about? His article is full of trash,some contents of truth there though‎

1 Like

Re: What If Zuckerberg Were A Nigerian Atheist? by paragon40(m): 2:05pm On Sep 06, 2016
DedeNkem:

Take your dumb scam somewhere else!! Find a good job!
grin
Re: What If Zuckerberg Were A Nigerian Atheist? by Seun(m): 2:08pm On Sep 06, 2016
majekdom2:
People bash seun because he perhaps comment and talk down on the religious.
Religion is doing far more damage in Nigeria than in Mark Zuckerberg's home country. Religious people in Nigeria are really suffering. cry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What If Zuckerberg Were A Nigerian Atheist? by jantavanta(m): 2:08pm On Sep 06, 2016
PastorAIO:

Are you sure that Seun's profession of atheism isn't a reaction to the extreme level of arrogance and [b]social pollution [/b]caused by Nigerian christians especially, closely followed by their muslim junior brothers.

The come to my Church, come to my Mosque crowd who do not have any other means of social interaction.

Anybody who does that eventually reveals an ulterior motive.
Re: What If Zuckerberg Were A Nigerian Atheist? by LadyBeauty01(f): 2:10pm On Sep 06, 2016
Hmmm.....
Re: What If Zuckerberg Were A Nigerian Atheist? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Sep 06, 2016
Seun:
Religion is doing far more damage in Nigeria than in Mark Zuckerberg's home country. Religious people in Nigeria are really suffering. cry
and that's where you keep getting it wrong. There are so many things doing worse than religion but you have not bothered to engage yourself in such discussions prolly for personal gains and I wil say that's the height of hypocrisy. For instance, you do not talk about the greedy politicians, the militants- I have not read or heard the NDA mention God or being religious. Mark has chosen to keep some of his beliefs and orientation personal as such one would expect you to do same. If you feel your religion has done worse, why don't you take down that section to suit your belief an purpose. Pls answer, why do you have the religion section since you believe it is doing worse?

2 Likes

Re: What If Zuckerberg Were A Nigerian Atheist? by naijaboiy: 2:27pm On Sep 06, 2016
AnonyNymous:

You dey make me laugh gringrin
Re: What If Zuckerberg Were A Nigerian Atheist? by intruder15(m): 2:29pm On Sep 06, 2016
while in d bus today, a preacher was like ''if u dont know jesus, you are a walking corpse. U are dead already. Better give ur life to christ''... Nd i kept wondering... In a world of billions of people in which only millions are christians, it means there are more walking corpse than living corpse. China and india are the most populated countries in d world yet christians in those country dont make up 10% of their population. Make i sitdown they observe these end time preachers. OK..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

TB Joshua: I Am Ready To Pray For COVID-19 Patients In Isolation Centres / Vatican Proposes Dramatic Shift In Attitude Towards Gays, Same Sex Couples / Can A Married Christian Couple Use intimacy gadgets?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.