Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,840 members, 7,817,489 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

What If Zuckerberg Were A Nigerian Atheist? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What If Zuckerberg Were A Nigerian Atheist? (25460 Views)

Nigerian Atheist, Carl Maobi, Kidnapped / Nigerian Atheist: / Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What If Zuckerberg Were A Nigerian Atheist? by kelvinatkins(m): 12:52pm On Sep 06, 2016
infriority complex is one of our major problem in this country, and we are too religious but not righteous

7 Likes

Re: What If Zuckerberg Were A Nigerian Atheist? by Tjohnnay: 12:52pm On Sep 06, 2016
angry grin
Re: What If Zuckerberg Were A Nigerian Atheist? by Topspoke: 12:53pm On Sep 06, 2016
come to think of it
Re: What If Zuckerberg Were A Nigerian Atheist? by Rapmoney(m): 12:54pm On Sep 06, 2016
"Religion is the opium of the people" - Karl Marx (1818-1883).

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What If Zuckerberg Were A Nigerian Atheist? by anochuko01(m): 12:54pm On Sep 06, 2016
No mind those oyinbo people....Na business strategy. grin
Re: What If Zuckerberg Were A Nigerian Atheist? by Kingnap(m): 12:56pm On Sep 06, 2016
Ok
Re: What If Zuckerberg Were A Nigerian Atheist? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Sep 06, 2016
Re: What If Zuckerberg Were A Nigerian Atheist? by kingofthejungle(m): 12:57pm On Sep 06, 2016
op u deserve 10,000 likes

1 Like

Re: What If Zuckerberg Were A Nigerian Atheist? by donnffd(m): 1:00pm On Sep 06, 2016
abhosts:
There is a difference. Nigerian atheists are usually very Rude, Proud and Condescending to people of Faith but that cannot be said of Bill Gates or Mark Zuckerberg.

So somehow, Mark and bill gates are a representation of all American Atheists and Agnostics?, and because you feel someone doesnt accept your beliefs then the person is rude, proud and condescending and somehow a representation of all Nigerian Atheists?

Is that hw the mentality goes?

11 Likes

Re: What If Zuckerberg Were A Nigerian Atheist? by mmsen: 1:00pm On Sep 06, 2016
abhosts:
There is a difference. Nigerian atheists are usually very Rude, Proud and Condescending to people of Faith but that cannot be said of Bill Gates or Mark Zuckerberg.

You do not know these people personally.

Many of the people who dealt with Zuckerberg in his earlier days when he was trying to build a company that was built on someone else's idea, have said just that - he was rude, condescending and inconsiderate. According to those who knew him at Harvard his decision to create Facebook was driven by his social inadequacies. Same for Steve Jobs and Bill Gates.

And people of faith are even worse in Nigeria, constantly trying to force their religion on anyone that they meet.

But when you ask for proof they get angry...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What If Zuckerberg Were A Nigerian Atheist? by holyfather(m): 1:02pm On Sep 06, 2016
So what now?
You wan use Zuckerberg preach atheism?
Abeg hole am there.

1 Like

Re: What If Zuckerberg Were A Nigerian Atheist? by Strawman: 1:05pm On Sep 06, 2016
naijaboiy:
The owner of this forum is an atheist..it has not stopped people from coming here everyday.

So I don't get the point. undecided

Guy I don't understand this OP oh. Wole Soyinka is an irreligious person, but his literary contributions are still acknowledged nationwide. Nigerians wouldn't reject somebody's input just because he's an atheist.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What If Zuckerberg Were A Nigerian Atheist? by aninexzy(m): 1:05pm On Sep 06, 2016
chinchong:
then, they probably will have been a closet atheist and then use the internet as a way of voicing out their belief just like seun and many more of us.

^all thanks to ......!
ds d problem we nigerians have, no matter how hard u carry religion on ur head, if u dnt develop urself in one capacity or the other u will end up living a wretched life. That's d only reson d westerners r beta than us nt religion its mindset

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What If Zuckerberg Were A Nigerian Atheist? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Sep 06, 2016
Strawman:
Who cares if you're an atheist, Christian, Muslim, idol worshipper etc.?? Contribute something useful to the society and you'll be acknowledged, just like Zuckerberg.
Exactly, that's what the "lawyer" has failed to understand. People are quick to associate with success, it's not just a Nigerian thing. If Dangote were to be an Amadiaoha worshipper, people will still have him as a mentor. One success and value is first here not religion or beliefs.

5 Likes

Re: What If Zuckerberg Were A Nigerian Atheist? by EyeHateGod: 1:06pm On Sep 06, 2016
if he was an atheist in nigeria as far as he get money(ego) no problem people will embrace u, but if u are an atheist and u poor hmm my brother u on ur own o is better u even keep quit about ur atheism execpt u wanna take a trip to hell from our nigerian christians not muslims o but christians...

4 Likes

Re: What If Zuckerberg Were A Nigerian Atheist? by Jay542(m): 1:07pm On Sep 06, 2016
Gbam!!
Strawman:
Who cares if you're an atheist, Christian, Muslim, idol worshipper etc.?? Contribute something useful to the society and you'll be acknowledged, just like Zuckerberg.
Re: What If Zuckerberg Were A Nigerian Atheist? by Czar01(m): 1:10pm On Sep 06, 2016
LOL! Why was Wingback's post deleted?

4 Likes

Re: What If Zuckerberg Were A Nigerian Atheist? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Sep 06, 2016
Immorttal:
It takes extreme consciousness to renounce religion. That is when one seek the truth outside the boundaries of childhood indoctrination. Atheism makes a lot of sense because you'll be exposed to reality.
define reality. Religion more often than not like education makes one believe the existence of superiority hence that fear of not exploring one's imagination and ideas. You can still do that nonetheless as a religious person. My point is you are what you believe.
Re: What If Zuckerberg Were A Nigerian Atheist? by Gwan2(m): 1:11pm On Sep 06, 2016
We as an entity are yet to conquer hunger, epidemics like polio, malaria, lasser fever, fundamentals of development like electricity , adequate and clean water supply, housing and some many anomalies, so is only natural to portray these tendencies.
Human development evolves in many aspects one of which is social & psychological evolution, unfortunately for us as a race the world is moving at a faster pace to accommodate our natural evolution process, hence we are forced to join the moving train prematurely. So when attributes such as what you painted above begins to show up, its only but natural just that unfortunately it will be seen as primitive or archaic because the stage of evolution at that moment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What If Zuckerberg Were A Nigerian Atheist? by pippimp(m): 1:12pm On Sep 06, 2016
birdmansoho:

The irony and hypocrisy is on theist who believes it's their alienable right to always say hey I believe in God and rub it on others faces but takes offence when an atheist says I don't believe in God. If they can proclaim about their imaginary God at any slightest instance then atheist should too.

You have not answered the question.
Re: What If Zuckerberg Were A Nigerian Atheist? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Sep 06, 2016
abhosts:
All Nigerians ar literally rude though we have a few exceptions

1 Like

Re: What If Zuckerberg Were A Nigerian Atheist? by winj: 1:14pm On Sep 06, 2016
abhosts:

Bill Gates and Mark ZuckerbergRude do not need to be Proud and Condescending to Nigerian mumu believers because they know you people are stupid by DNA so they don't bother!

How can you be rude to low mentality monkey brained people, waste of time!

5 Likes

Re: What If Zuckerberg Were A Nigerian Atheist? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Sep 06, 2016
EyeHateGod:
if he was an atheist in nigeria as far as he get money(ego) no problem people will embrace u, but if u are an atheist and u poor hmm my brother u on ur own o is better u even keep quit about ur atheism execpt u wanna take a trip to hell from our nigerian christians not muslims o but christians...
No be lie, even the bible talked about a poor man being despised. People care to know more about one's value an success not religion as the OP alleged.

1 Like

Re: What If Zuckerberg Were A Nigerian Atheist? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Sep 06, 2016
Strawman:

Guy I don't understand this OP oh. Wole Soyinka is an irreligious person, but his literary contributions are still acknowledged nationwide. Nigerians wouldn't reject somebody's input just because he's an atheist.
Some will treat u like a plague. Nd it isnt fair....like me now, i stopped going to church nd i feel so relieved but i still believe in God.

1 Like

Re: What If Zuckerberg Were A Nigerian Atheist? by Rick9(m): 1:20pm On Sep 06, 2016
Hypocrisy when go kill this country

1 Like

Re: What If Zuckerberg Were A Nigerian Atheist? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Sep 06, 2016
Mr Seun,is it true u ar an atheist?
Re: What If Zuckerberg Were A Nigerian Atheist? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Sep 06, 2016
I Have Always Wondered about this too @OP.
I am a Christian Myself.
When Zuckerberg arrived into Nigeria, Everyone was all Oooh's and Aaaah's. as He being 32 and able to Achieve all this Feat at a very Young age. Being the World's Richest at 5th and Probably Climbing Up to 3rd and 2nd in the Nearest Future.
When I discovered he was an Atheist, though raised a Jew by Faith. and He still believes Buddhism was a Good religious Faith. I was Shocked.
But If you notice something, when He and Priscilla got married 2012, they Sufferred 3 misscarriages Until Last year. They had Max.
Upon Max's arrival. They Quickly Intiated the Zuckerberg-Chan Intiative requesting that they would Donate almost All of their welath to the Charity. which would be After their Death?
Is Anything Fishy Here?
He might be very Rich and All. But to all Atheist's out there.

The Bible says "A Foolish Man Says in His Heart, There is No GOD"
GOD is Real and all Powerful. If you don't Believe, Then you should never pray to be In a Life-Death Threatening Situation. Then you are going to Appreciate the Grace of GOD over your life.

Mark Might Be AN Atheist, But that Surely Means He doesn't believe in the Devil. Renouncing his Belief, Doesn't mean He doesn't Believe Deep down in his Heart something else.

5 Likes

Re: What If Zuckerberg Were A Nigerian Atheist? by shuggah(m): 1:23pm On Sep 06, 2016
abhosts:
thats tru, hw many times hav u seen Zuckerberg posting about atheism on facebook or even insulting religion or religious people like Seun does, u hav to check these individuals biography before u even knw their belief but go to seuns profile on Nairaland nd u will simply know he is an atheist, sometimes I wonder the kind of stupidity that worries Seun.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What If Zuckerberg Were A Nigerian Atheist? by PastorAIO: 1:23pm On Sep 06, 2016
abhosts:

Can't you see that for this statement above to be anything but the daftest depth of bigotry most (if not all) of the Churches and Mosques in Nigeria must close down.

Go and read Jesus's teaching of the Mote in the eye versus the log in the eye.

2 Likes

Re: What If Zuckerberg Were A Nigerian Atheist? by PastorAIO: 1:25pm On Sep 06, 2016
shuggah:
thats tru, hw many times hav u seen Zuckerberg posting about atheism on facebook or even insulting religion or religious people like Seun does, u hav to check these individuals biography before u even knw their belief but go to seuns profile on Nairaland nd u will simply know he is an atheist, sometimes I wonder the kind of stupidity that worries Seun.

Are you sure that Seun's profession of atheism isn't a reaction to the extreme level of arrogance and social pollution caused by Nigerian christians especially, closely followed by their muslim junior brothers.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What If Zuckerberg Were A Nigerian Atheist? by buffalowings: 1:25pm On Sep 06, 2016
Afonjas:
But Seun is an atheist

Wetin consign u

Atheists represent
Re: What If Zuckerberg Were A Nigerian Atheist? by Immorttal: 1:26pm On Sep 06, 2016
majekdom2:
define reality. Religion more often than not like education makes one believe the existence of superiority hence that fear of not exploring one's imagination and ideas. You can still do that nonetheless as a religious person. My point is you are what you believe.
you get the point. But the bolded is exactly one of the travail of religion on its subjects.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Samuel Ugwute: Big Holes In Story Of Man Who 'Resurrected' From Dead- PoliticsNG / Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? / 2017 Prophecies By Prophet U.E James Of Fountain Of Hope Ministries Inc.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.