Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,226 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

Bayelsa Begins Construction Of Cargo Airport (photos) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Bayelsa Begins Construction Of Cargo Airport (photos) (21240 Views)

"60 Per Cent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA / The Ongoing Construction Of Bayelsa Cargo Airport (Photos And Video) / Nest Oil Private Jet Lost Control At Abuja Airport (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bayelsa Begins Construction Of Cargo Airport (photos) by dukila: 10:38am On Sep 07, 2016
mrvitalis:
24 billion naira invested in rice farming (which the state has good land for) will cultivate over 50000 hectare of land and build a world class mill..
This will produce atleast 6 million 50kg bags of rice
this will give the state over 50bn revenue yearly. ..
reduce our forex demand
grow the nations GDP,
create over 100000 direct employment and over 500000 indirect employment
Reduce the price of rice by over 50% in the south south region

All this in 18 months.. . But an airport which will break even in say 20 years is better??

Contact me on tamarokoyen@yahoo.com lets talk.
Re: Bayelsa Begins Construction Of Cargo Airport (photos) by IhateYorubafool: 10:46am On Sep 07, 2016
EvilSeeed:

You know that online excuse of yours works both ways right? Both for school and work.

Nigga go to school.

Kid
I'm done entertaining you
Go eat a fat dick
Re: Bayelsa Begins Construction Of Cargo Airport (photos) by Izonpikin: 10:48am On Sep 07, 2016
Firefire:
Oga Silifa, I beg pay your state workers before embarking on another white elephant project. angry

Btw: See below the faces of Niger-Delta looters, they looted the states resources including the 13% derivatives with reckless abandon.

na seriois reckless abandon...that uduaghan na to hang am for stake remain...foolish leaders..

though ameachi and akpabio better than the other 2 gorillas...
Re: Bayelsa Begins Construction Of Cargo Airport (photos) by EvilSeeed: 10:48am On Sep 07, 2016
IhateYorubafool:

Kid
I'm done entertaining you
Go eat a fat dick

You haven't earned the right to call me or anyone else a kid. You are the one who has acted like a puck talking abour jerking off to my Mum's pictures and now talking about eating a dick. grin

Just sayin.
Re: Bayelsa Begins Construction Of Cargo Airport (photos) by IhateYorubafool: 10:51am On Sep 07, 2016
EvilSeeed:

You haven't earned the right to call me or anyone else a kid. You are the one who has acted like a puck talking abour jerking off to my Mum's pictures and now talking about eating a dick. grin

Just sayin.

Who should jerk off to your mum's pictures ?? Kids ??
I suspect your mum is a pedophile
Re: Bayelsa Begins Construction Of Cargo Airport (photos) by EvilSeeed: 10:54am On Sep 07, 2016
IhateYorubafool:

Who should jerk off to your mum's pictures ?? Kids ??
I suspect your mum is a pedophile

keep going puppy. grin You are doing just fine for a punk kid. grin

And you seem fixated on my mum. Is that a sign of mummy issues?
Re: Bayelsa Begins Construction Of Cargo Airport (photos) by anonimi: 11:02am On Sep 07, 2016
phemmyutd:
Has he paid the workers?

Nigeria governors and their misplaced priority

He copied from Baba Kabiru, AreGbese, the fridge repairer occupying Bola Ige house in Osogbo.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2042395_b7fvnpiiaabroh_jpeg81b2c4466e71003dbe03de8be0975de0

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2476155_aregbesolaairportcompletionpromise2014_jpeg7fac7bf803cd9410c988d3f00821ea7f

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa Begins Construction Of Cargo Airport (photos) by Nobody: 11:11am On Sep 07, 2016
What do you mean begin? that project has been under construction for long. it was awarded by Yara' adua. they lata changed the location because of flood. they started working on it during Goodluck administration. make una no dey carry fake news up & down
Re: Bayelsa Begins Construction Of Cargo Airport (photos) by Chuksgeo: 11:32am On Sep 07, 2016
Bayelsa that is waterlogged. Instead of them to use that land and relocate some communities that are below sea level. The highest elevation point in Bayelsa state is just 12 meters above sea level. What happened to rice farming. This country is still sinking because of the clueless acts of politicians and people on leadetship positions alike. This Cargo airport whatever is a misplaced priority
Re: Bayelsa Begins Construction Of Cargo Airport (photos) by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 12:05pm On Sep 07, 2016
mrvitalis:

A state that can't pay workers is investigating 24 billion in an airport??
A rice farm will create employment, build a better airport and pay salaries of the workers all in few years. .. How do u even think
Bayelsa is paying salaries,maybe ure talking abt Imo
Re: Bayelsa Begins Construction Of Cargo Airport (photos) by mrvitalis(m): 12:25pm On Sep 07, 2016
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Smh.. . No need to argue
Re: Bayelsa Begins Construction Of Cargo Airport (photos) by Reference(m): 12:35pm On Sep 07, 2016
phemmyutd:
Has he paid the workers?

Nigeria governors and their misplaced priority

I'm just stunned. I think am ginna lie down. I don't just get it. Cargo airport for what exactly. Why are these people so senseless, I mean, thoughtless.What is this airport going to do and for whom.

Why can't these governors begin to think of their post oil economies. Like the coming of Christ to a Christian, why can't they smell the end of oil, the socio-economic armageddon coming and invest properly in creating and enhancing the tools of wealth which is people focused and people oriented investments. I will always tell people. Look at forbes to the 100 rich list. The richest and most influential people trade and create their wealth by serving the ORDINARY people. Their goods and services are consumed by all and sundry. That is why they donot have dry days, dry years or cyclical success, their customers and clients number into billions so thy are billionaires.

Mark Zuckerburg does what, mass communication, Bill Gates goods are in almost every computer and a good number of phones. Carlos Slim, the Waltons, name them. Where are the vendors elitist merchandise such as diamond rings, private jets, designer perfume, expensive clothing and mega mansions. Where is Donald Trump on that list. Can you compare what the best singers and composers of classical and other elitist music earn compared to Jay Z and Beyonce for instance. These government people are so, so dull. They can't even take example from Nigerian success stories. What is Dangote trading in. Cement, salt, sugar, noodles. And his success in those has taken him to the level of oil and gas, power and heavy industry. This is the way nations are built.This is the route to lasting prosperity. If Dangote needed a cargo airpprt by now he will have bought or built one.

We have always said, if it is transport that is biting their brains why not establish rail links first. Instead of trying to reach Malaysia by air why not reach Portharcourt first at least to decongest the Rumuokoro roundabout which is blocked with unsavoury, lawless transporters day and night plying that route. I totally agree with Gowon when he said the problem of Nigeria was a paucity of ideas, not money. And because money has not found proper expression for 60 years, poverty has been issued a Nigerian passport and is dwelling in our land with a chieftancy title these days.

3 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Begins Construction Of Cargo Airport (photos) by Reference(m): 12:39pm On Sep 07, 2016
Out of the 180 million people in Nigeria, how many have been at an airport, passenger or cargo. The wise man will build the capacity of his people to use an airport. The foolish man will build and airport and wait for his people to aspire to use it. Nonsense. If Dangote needed and airport, he will have built one for himself by now.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Begins Construction Of Cargo Airport (photos) by Dfinex(f): 12:55pm On Sep 07, 2016
Firefire:
Oga Silifa, I beg pay your state workers before embarking on another white elephant project. angry

Btw: See below the faces of Niger-Delta looters, they looted the states resources including the 13% derivatives with reckless abandon.

Please refer to Dickson, not Silver. thanks.
Re: Bayelsa Begins Construction Of Cargo Airport (photos) by Firefire(m): 1:08pm On Sep 07, 2016
Dfinex:

Please refer to Dickson, not Silver. thanks.

Thank you, jare, na dick-son.
Re: Bayelsa Begins Construction Of Cargo Airport (photos) by Nobody: 1:17pm On Sep 07, 2016
Phonefanatic:
More like a scam project
what are they cargoeing....arms for militants or contaminated soil?
Re: Bayelsa Begins Construction Of Cargo Airport (photos) by Dfinex(f): 1:31pm On Sep 07, 2016
Firefire:

Thank you, jare, na dick-son.
Ehen!! u are welcome. please ensure that the mail gets to him ASAP. lolsss
Re: Bayelsa Begins Construction Of Cargo Airport (photos) by Phonefanatic: 1:40pm On Sep 07, 2016
vodutive:

what are they cargoeing....arms for militants or contaminated soil?

It pays to mind your business.
Re: Bayelsa Begins Construction Of Cargo Airport (photos) by Johnnwokolo: 2:09pm On Sep 07, 2016
This is an avenue to loot. There are international organisations willing to undertake such projects on PPP at no cost to the State. We have over £1 billion for PPP projects in Africa and South South is a priority area.

This 24 billion would have built many schools and hospitals for the people of Bayelsa State. It is rather unfortunate. Remember Alams died because there were no medical facilities around, he had to be taken to the poorly equipped Uniport CH.

With all the money pumped into South South, it should be looking like Dubai now.

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Begins Construction Of Cargo Airport (photos) by Nobody: 2:52pm On Sep 07, 2016
Phonefanatic:

It pays to mind your business.

it's my business o!!! because tomorrow the people of the region will come and say there is no development in their area and start bombing facilities that affect everybody else, they will say they produce all the Oil and nothing to show but their leaders when they have money will be embarking on white elephant projects not to develop but as an avenue to collect kickbacks.

Roads (that everybody will use, that will bring visitors and tourism to their region) they won't build, it's cargo airport they are building. What cargo? What are they producing or planning to produce in bayelsa that they need cargo airport, PH no get airport? Warri no get airport? yenagoa to PH is 117 km, 1 hr if the road is good, yenegoa to Warri is 130km. if you fix the roads more people benefit not just who have goods to transport and you can move your goods to warri or PH and then use the existing airports if they really have cargo they want to move. Are they not building rail that will pass through Yenegoa?

Like Aregbe, just so they can boast we we built airport or we too have airport......that no one will use!!!
Re: Bayelsa Begins Construction Of Cargo Airport (photos) by entrepreneurmic: 2:52pm On Sep 07, 2016
Debaddest:
Tell Serakie Dickson to pay civil servants that are dying of hunger, especially Primary/Secondary school teachers.... NDU suspended their 7 months strike on Sep 2, meanwhile the parents have not receive salary to sponsor their children in school. is that not stupidity??
IT IS BOTH WICKEDNESS & GREED.
Re: Bayelsa Begins Construction Of Cargo Airport (photos) by entrepreneurmic: 2:59pm On Sep 07, 2016
mrvitalis:

A state that can't pay workers is investigating 24 billion in an airport??
A rice farm will create employment, build a better airport and pay salaries of the workers all in few years. .. How do u even think
NO MINE THAT MUMU, THEY THINK LIKE THEIR FAILED STATE GOVT.
Re: Bayelsa Begins Construction Of Cargo Airport (photos) by EzeNri(m): 3:01pm On Sep 07, 2016
mrvitalis:
24 billion naira invested in rice farming (which the state has good land for) will cultivate over 50000 hectare of land and build a world class mill..
This will produce atleast 6 million 50kg bags of rice
this will give the state over 50bn revenue yearly. ..
reduce our forex demand
grow the nations GDP,
create over 100000 direct employment and over 500000 indirect employment
Reduce the price of rice by over 50% in the south south region

All this in 18 months.. . But an airport which will break even in say 20 years is better??

U are intelligent, but your problem is tribalism.
Please justify those statistics you gave. How do you arrive at those figures? Am interested in the parameters you used.

About the regional rice consumption, am interested, how did u arrive at?

Thanks in advance.
Re: Bayelsa Begins Construction Of Cargo Airport (photos) by entrepreneurmic: 3:09pm On Sep 07, 2016
HIGHESTPOPORI:
IF I HOLD U EHN, WHICH SALARIES? NOT EVEN IN YOUR DREAM. FOR YOUR INFORMATION D STATE GOVT IS OWING TEACHERS 7 MONTHS & STILL COUNTING.
Re: Bayelsa Begins Construction Of Cargo Airport (photos) by Phonefanatic: 3:14pm On Sep 07, 2016
vodutive:

it's my business o!!! because tomorrow the people of the region will come and say there is no development in their area and start bombing facilities that affect everybody else, they will say they produce all the Oil and nothing to show but their leaders when they have money will be embarking on white elephant projects not to develop but as an avenue to collect kickbacks.

Roads (that everybody will use, that will bring visitors and tourism to their region) they won't build, it's cargo airport they are building. What cargo? What are they producing or planning to produce in bayelsa that they need cargo airport, PH no get airport? Warri no get airport? yenagoa to PH is 117 km, 1 hr if the road is good, yenegoa to Warri is 130km. if you fix the roads more people benefit not just who have goods to transport and you can move your goods to warri or PH and then use the existing airports if they really have cargo they want to move. Are they not building rail that will pass through Yenegoa?

Like Aregbe, just so they can boast we we built airport or we too have airport......that no one will use!!!

Still not your business.......so you only care because if they bomb their land you will be affected under your brown roof.
Like I said mind your business and don't be concerned about what the Cargo will carry after all FG have decided not to build another seaport besides the one in Lagos.

I already said it's a scam project but still minding my business.
Re: Bayelsa Begins Construction Of Cargo Airport (photos) by mrvitalis(m): 3:42pm On Sep 07, 2016
EzeNri:

U are intelligent, but your problem is tribalism.
Please justify those statistics you gave. How do you arrive at those figures? Am interested in the parameters you used.

About the regional rice consumption, am interested, how did u arrive at?

Thanks in advance.
Well actually those are rough estimates
Chat me up with my number let's talk more

And honestly am not in anyway tribalistic
Re: Bayelsa Begins Construction Of Cargo Airport (photos) by GameGod(m): 3:48pm On Sep 07, 2016
Militants will take over the place when completed.
Re: Bayelsa Begins Construction Of Cargo Airport (photos) by EzeNri(m): 4:30pm On Sep 07, 2016
mrvitalis:

Well actually those are rough estimates
Chat me up with my number let's talk more

And honestly am not in anyway tribalistic
Ok. Only someone that is intelligent can run that analysis.

Like someone said draft a proposal and forward it to the state government. Make sure all data you use are verifiable. Pay much attention to the funding, 24 billion is much for our looting government to invest into peoples' oriented projects. So that funding should be spread over about three years.

The government will be interested in the work force, so your proposal shouldn't miss on that, including the machineries.

Another issue is, the 6 million projected output, how do intend to market them all within a year. If you ever wish to clear all stock within that period, don't sell directly to consumers, use accredited private mega distributors. Sell only to the Mega Distributors and this should be strictly adhered to. One in each city. One single mega distributor in Yenagoa, PH, Asaba, Warri e.t.c. Each distributor receives the goods on credit and pays every three months. Shouldn't be pay before service. The company should handle delivery not the Mega Distributors. This is the marketing secret of the Igbos. That is why all Igbo wholesalers are multi-millionaires.

Your model should have a clearly defined positioning statement, as well as a clearly defined, Competitive Strategy Statement.

The government will also be interested in the long term survivality (if there is any term like that) of the project. What will be the ability of the investment to survive over various government. In your model, great a strong management succession policy. The government will be more interested if private partnership will be part of the project. To achieve this, draft a separate proposal and forward to Thai firms. If you are able to convince by painting the exact scenario in the country, our population, our rice consumption, our local production capacity, average market price of imported rice, tariff cost, the size of our labour and cheap cost of our labour. You will be able to convince them, if government can make little tax concession. But the truth is, energy will make it difficult for foreign companies to invest here.

It won't be easy.

I don't do instant messengers.

Am sorry, you have a rich record of tribalism, and it people like you that made us make tribalistic comments to defend our tribe.

Goodluck.
Re: Bayelsa Begins Construction Of Cargo Airport (photos) by Nobody: 6:28pm On Sep 07, 2016
Phonefanatic:

Still not your business.......so you only care because if they bomb their land you will be affected under your brown roof.
Like I said mind your business and don't be concerned about what the Cargo will carry after all FG have decided not to build another seaport besides the one in Lagos.

I already said it's a scam project but still minding my business.
ignoramus, have you wondered why portharcourt is so called? let me help you nitwit....because it has a sea port...the clue is in the name. There is also Sapele port, onne port, calabar port and I beleive at least one state govt is constructing a seaport somewhere in the east.

when you have dumb ignorant citizens, it's easy to be a dumb leader and get away with it.

Like i asked, what does Bayelsa produce that it needs it's own cargo airport?
Re: Bayelsa Begins Construction Of Cargo Airport (photos) by mrvitalis(m): 6:55pm On Sep 07, 2016
EzeNri:

Ok. Only someone that is intelligent can run that analysis.

Like someone said draft a proposal and forward it to the state government. Make sure all data you use are verifiable. Pay much attention to the funding, 24 billion is much for our looting government to invest into peoples' oriented projects. So that funding should be spread over about three years.

The government will be interested in the work force, so your proposal shouldn't miss on that, including the machineries.

Another issue is, the 6 million projected output, how do intend to market them all within a year. If you ever wish to clear all stock within that period, don't sell directly to consumers, use accredited private mega distributors. Sell only to the Mega Distributors and this should be strictly adhered to. One in each city. One single mega distributor in Yenagoa, PH, Asaba, Warri e.t.c. Each distributor receives the goods on credit and pays every three months. Shouldn't be pay before service. The company should handle delivery not the Mega Distributors. This is the marketing secret of the Igbos. That is why all Igbo wholesalers are multi-millionaires.

Your model should have a clearly defined positioning statement, as well as a clearly defined, Competitive Strategy Statement.

The government will also be interested in the long term survivality (if there is any term like that) of the project. What will be the ability of the investment to survive over various government. In your model, great a strong management succession policy. The government will be more interested if private partnership will be part of the project. To achieve this, draft a separate proposal and forward to Thai firms. If you are able to convince by painting the exact scenario in the country, our population, our rice consumption, our local production capacity, average market price of imported rice, tariff cost, the size of our labour and cheap cost of our labour. You will be able to convince them, if government can make little tax concession. But the truth is, energy will make it difficult for foreign companies to invest here.

It won't be easy.

I don't do instant messengers.

Am sorry, you have a rich record of tribalism, and it people like you that made us make tribalistic comments to defend our tribe.

Goodluck.
Lol.. We thanks tho... that will be a lot of work.. I am currently idel as am waiting for my service... the question is after I do this proposal how dose it get to the government. .. That's has always been my problem.. the one I sent to Osun.. That's was because someone helped me but they said the can't release such founds
I have several other business proposal too but who and how to send to is my biggest problem

Will appreciate if u can help out
Re: Bayelsa Begins Construction Of Cargo Airport (photos) by mrvitalis(m): 7:01pm On Sep 07, 2016
dukila:

Contact me on tamarokoyen@yahoo.com lets talk.
Tried sending you and email tho.. . But u can reach me via my number tho
Re: Bayelsa Begins Construction Of Cargo Airport (photos) by EzeNri(m): 7:33pm On Sep 07, 2016
mrvitalis:

Lol.. We thanks tho... that will be a lot of work.. I am currently idel as am waiting for my service... the question is after I do this proposal how dose it get to the government. .. That's has always been my problem.. the one I sent to Osun.. That's was because someone helped me but they said the can't release such founds
I have several other business proposal too but who and how to send to is my biggest problem

Will appreciate if u can help out
Forward it to the Secretary to the State Government and a copy to the Agric Ministry.

24 Billion is not #24, so you have to diversify the source of the funding, and it shouldn't put much pressure on the govt.

Convince the foreign partner first. Know how you present yourself 'cause their will be trust issue.

Lemme help you a little here. Tell the company how many of their product enter the country, tell them the amount of efforts being put into local production, let them also know about government position on importation and how they will lose their market share in the largest market in Africa if the govt finally ban the importation of their product. Make them realise that they can still retain that market share, grab more and consolidate it by investing in the country. Make them know that following this part will give their product price advantage over other brands because there will be no more tariff to add to the cost. Finally let them know the government will be willing to partner with them under a PPP arrangement.

Your other proposals, which industry are they in?

GoodLuck.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sam Mbakwe International Airport Fire: FAAN Releases Statement, More Photos / LASG Plans for Closure Of Lagos-ibadan Expressway For 4 Months Repair Works / Places Of Interest to visit In Lagos Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.