Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,527 members, 7,816,285 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Christianity: The Religion Of The Poor - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christianity: The Religion Of The Poor (2246 Views)

Exposing Christianity; The Truth About "Jesus Christ" / Christianity; The Religion Not Founded By Jesus / Christianity; The Reason For Science (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christianity: The Religion Of The Poor by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:18pm On Oct 29, 2016
AnonyNymous:

Yes, there are many orphanages, hospitals, and foundations built by atheists. But that's not the point. I agree that there are Christian ones as well. Anyway I made this post a while ago, wonder why you both decided to resurrect the thread.
My point, with that post was that this man, an otherwise intelligent person (or, how else would he have made $110 million if he wasn't intelligent?!) threw away his contacts brain and did something completely stupid, thanks to religion. Religion makes educated professor emeritus' and Nobel laureates roll on the floor because of the witch from their village attacking them. Why does religion make sensible people do stupid things?
When atheists do stupid things, we all know that they are naturally stupid people. When they do bad things, they are just being naturally bad, so we can therefore contain them before they wreck society. But religion can make innocent people behave incredibly wicked, or smart people behave incredibly stupid, adding more to the population of stupid people on earth(people that were supposed to be using their talents to make this world a better place). Why?? How do you intend to solve that problem?
**P.S why do you agree that him building a replica of Noah's ark was stupid?

Don't forget that some atheists also believe in witches , evil spirits , ghosts , demons, voodoo etc . And that Atheists also have ridiculous beliefs and are superstitious . Albert Einstein , whenever you realize that atheism simply means no gods , I'll take you seriously .
Re: Christianity: The Religion Of The Poor by Nobody: 10:26pm On Oct 29, 2016
winner01:
Actually, before christianity was introduced to Nigeria and even Africa. Our indigenous religion was barbaric and bloody. Imagine the killing of twins, I heard a likely rumor that people are killed each day of the year in Ile-Ife for royal rituals. I heard of the Ajale incident in Ibadan where humans are kept beneath the earth to reproduce after which their body parts are sold. These have been going on for years. I read a news on BBC Africa about a man employed to disvirgin girls of a particular tribe when they come of age in a village in kenya or so. I know personally of yoruba cults which still kill babies and other humans. I have interacted personally with one of its sick members on his death bed

Africa truly has a problem, and it is not religion. I do not think atheists are going to quit wrestling with the true God as the cause of Africas every problem anytime soon anyway. They seem too angrily fixated like their foreign counterparts to look beyond the true God, and look at the real problem.

If christianity was as atheists describe, USA, UK, Germany, Italy, Russia should be the poorest countries in the world. China should have a declining economy also as with the unstoppable rise of christianity in China.

You know we are true africans with the way some people think, and that in itself is not a bad thing. grin
Africa has a problem, and the number one problem is that we are only concerned with three things: food, sexual satisfaction, and entertainment. We cook the best food worldwide, black people are reknown for sexual prowess worldwide(need I reference the various instances black men are seem as 'sex gods' in pop culture?), and we have the best entertainers: Eddie Murphy, Michael Jackson, Jimi Hendrix, Fela, etc. Africans have these three things going well for them. I'm yet to see any white man beat Africans in those three categories.
We also have the problem of accepting mediocrity. Religion has a BIG hand to play in this. Africans are gullible. Slaves carried to the US were introduced with Christianity, and though you interpret it otherwise now, the bible passages about slavery were enough to keep them from revolting. It got to a time that if all black slaves decided to stage a revolution, they were enough in numbers to successfully take over the South. But they never did. Religion kept them chained. @The bolded, its still religion. Indigenous or Abrahamic, they have a way of making people accept mediocrity, because a world of perfection is waiting for them afterwards. Even if you want to choose to believe that there is magic waiting for you afterwards, why not take care of this world alongside non religious people as if its the only place you have left?? That's what the white man does. . .when it comes to developing real life problems, they apply scientific/practical methods and solutions while Africans apply 'prayer prayer'. Think of ways to make this world the best possible place to live! However, its very difficult to do that. Honestly, let's use an analogy. Anybody that thinks he has $10 billion waiting for him in 10 years time, do you think he will make any effort at making money? In fact, he will begin to borrow, because he knows that there's no debt he can possibly get into that he won't be able to pay. That's what we mean when we say 'religion' is the problem. I hope you understand how religion is retarding the black race, apart form the other post I quoted you with. If there's a honest solution, I'm listening,but till then, the only reasonable thing I see is to get religion out of the way.

1 Like

Re: Christianity: The Religion Of The Poor by Nobody: 10:28pm On Oct 29, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Don't forget that some atheists also believe in witches , evil spirits , ghosts , demons, voodoo etc . And that Atheists also have ridiculous beliefs and are superstitious . Albert Einstein , whenever you realize that atheism simply means no gods , I'll take you seriously .
I don't know why you're trying to enter a discussion with me. I said I've heard you. It is common knowledge that the majority of non religious people don't believe in that bullshit and that is what I'm referring to. But since you're looking for something to say, you ignored my message completely because you're trying to argue. So, you win. Bye, don't quote me again.
Re: Christianity: The Religion Of The Poor by ValentineMary(m): 11:04am On Oct 30, 2016
winner01:
Benny Hinn is not Jesus.
But people believe he is a messanger of Jesus.
Re: Christianity: The Religion Of The Poor by blueAgent(m): 1:18pm On Oct 31, 2016
winner01:
Actually, before christianity was introduced to Nigeria and even Africa. Our indigenous religion was barbaric and bloody. Imagine the killing of twins, I heard a likely rumor that people are killed each day of the year in Ile-Ife for royal rituals. I heard of the Ajale incident in Ibadan where humans are kept beneath the earth to reproduce after which their body parts are sold. These have been going on for years. I read a news on BBC Africa about a man employed to disvirgin girls of a particular tribe when they come of age in a village in kenya or so. I know personally of yoruba cults which still kill babies and other humans. I have interacted personally with one of its sick members on his death bed.

Africa truly has a problem, and it is not religion. I do not think atheists are going to quit wrestling with the true God as the cause of Africas every problem anytime soon anyway. They seem too angrily fixated like their foreign counterparts to look beyond the true God, and look at the real problem.

If christianity was as atheists describe, USA, UK, Germany, Italy, Russia should be the poorest countries in the world. China should have a declining economy also as with the unstoppable rise of christianity in China.

You know we are true africans with the way some people think, and that in itself is not a bad thing. grin

Don't mind those fools. the funny thing is that the Richests and the most Influential countries are those that played so much role in the development and spread of Christainity.
US,UK,Germany,France,Spain. they are the most innovative countries. even Asians depend on those countries to intiate and develop new ideas and products for them to copy. it cannot be a concidence that the Richest Nations in the World have a long history of christainity.

check this site its amazing facts about most of this European nations hidden from the world.

www.stevenmcollins.com/html/usa_in_prophecy.html
Re: Christianity: The Religion Of The Poor by HardMirror(m): 7:33am On Dec 18, 2016
Deeper life just built a church of 5BILLION NAIRA. What a waste at least it wld make you folks feel rich.

1 Like

Re: Christianity: The Religion Of The Poor by damogul: 8:26am On Dec 18, 2016
The OP has been exposed as a liar and a fraud. very clearly. Click below

https://www.nairaland.com/3485930/exposing-hardmirror-tale-two-mirrors

(1) (2) (Reply)

After 50 Years Of Demise, Fr. Pio's Body Has Refused To Decompose. (photo) / O7O8342I823 Join Occult Society For All Kinds Of Money Ritual secret black Magic / What Does It Mean To Walk In The Spirit?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.