Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,744 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper (31341 Views)

African Voice Newspaper Honours Jibrin With Anti-Corruption Award 2016 (pics) / Burial Rites Of Thomas Osen Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Have Commenced (Pics) / Thomas Osen Ekpemupolo's Death: Sympathisers Storm Tompolo's Family House (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by attackgat: 2:20pm On Sep 07, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Tompolo I sympathise with your family and the people of Gbaramatu kingdom over the painful loss of your beloved father.

However, if you had surrendered earlier, your father wouldn't have been arrested, brutalized or amputated. Perhaps you would be under trial with some privileges as a citizen. Perhaps you would have been a free man on bail as allegations against you bothers on corruption(not treason) which is a bailable offence.

You would have learnt from Major Isaac Adaka Boro, who had to surrender to the Military Police(During the 12 Days Revolution in February 1966) after the arrest of his father and those of his comrades. He was imprisoned, convicted to death but as God would have it, he was later conscripted into the army along with his boys and given the rank of a Major, and celebrated by the same country that put him on death row. It is not too late

The point is allow posterity be the judge. The Nigeria Army is not professional nor do they understand the rules of engagement. We should not do what will invite them to our household or our land.

However, if the news of torture is true, then Tompolo's should lay formal complain before the NHRC, The Army and the Presidency.

RIP to the late High Chief

Nigerians like your self still reason like people who travelled in a time machine from the stoneage to present times. What sort of backward reasoning is this? This is how you people expect to one be a great country? I laugh in French. The security personel who went looking for Tompolo should not have touched Tompolos father, he is not the one they came for. They may have had the right to question him, but as long as Tompolos father was not on the arrest warrant, they have no business with the man. How can a civilised country still be torturing a man in his 80's? Or anyone for that matter? Does the contitution allow torture? Where is Tompolos fathers rights to be treated humanely? A security force paid by the Taxpayers will invade a community, kill and brutalise people people and everone will be clapping while the constitution is being desecrated. I weep for Nigerians, you guys still have a long long way to go.

10 Likes

Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:21pm On Sep 07, 2016
Tokt:

I meant, God forbid if indeed he was amputated by the military as alleged. He won't be the first neither will he be the last that has suffered from the hands of our military. It's something that has been with us for decades unfortunately. He will just add up to the statistics. Nothing more.
This is highly insensitive. Baba you never change walahi talahi
Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by SuperBlack: 2:22pm On Sep 07, 2016
Buhari can now eat the body.

2 Likes

Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by Tokt: 2:23pm On Sep 07, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
This is highly insensitive. Baba you never change walahi talahi

Ffuck insensitivity on top anything Tompolo. He is a killer. Miserable death await him.

3 Likes

Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by engrlarex(m): 2:24pm On Sep 07, 2016
Firefire:
If true, this is bad. embarassed embarassed

How many Borno elders were killed to disclose the location of their Boko Haram children and the kidnap Chibok girls?

How many, just tell me how many elders in the NE were killed in order to curb the activities of the terrorist group in their domain.

Rather, NE elders gave the FG ultimatum.

I want to believe, this story is false. If not, this is not fair. embarassed embarassed

How many Bornu Elder's name was mentioned in the search of Chibok Girls and Shekau....

4 Likes

Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by lovat(m): 2:27pm On Sep 07, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Tompolo I sympathise with your family and the people of Gbaramatu kingdom over the painful loss of your beloved father.

However, if you had surrendered earlier, your father wouldn't have been arrested, brutalized or amputated. Perhaps you would be under trial with some privileges as a citizen. Perhaps you would have been a free man on bail as allegations against you bothers on corruption(not treason) which is a bailable offence.

You would have learnt from Major Isaac Adaka Boro, who had to surrender to the Military Police(During the 12 Days Revolution in February 1966) after the arrest of his father and those of his comrades. He was imprisoned, convicted to death but as God would have it, he was later conscripted into the army along with his boys and given the rank of a Major, and celebrated by the same country that put him on death row. It is not too late

The point is allow posterity be the judge. The Nigeria Army is not professional nor do they understand the rulhes of engagement. We should not do what will invite them to our household or our land.

However, if the news of torture is true, then Tompolo's should lay formal complain before the NHRC, The Army and the Presidency.

Hope you know this your post is neither here nor there. Take a stand

3 Likes

Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by Ayatullah(m): 2:28pm On Sep 07, 2016
May God have mercy on his soul. The Gallant Nigeria Armed Forces will take care of the burial on behalf of the fugitive Tompolo.

1 Like

Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:28pm On Sep 07, 2016
attackgat:

Nigerians like your self still reason like people who travelled in a time machine from the stoneage to present times. What sort of backward reasoning is this? This is how you people expect to one be a great country? I laugh in French. The security personel who went looking for Tompolo should not have touched Tompolos father, he is not the one they came for. They may have had the right to question him, but as long as Tompolos father was not on the arrest warrant, they have no business with the man. How can a civilised country still be torturing a man in his 80's? Or anyone for that matter? Does the contitution allow torture? Where is Tompolos fathers rights to be treated humanely? A security force paid by the Taxpayers will invade a community, kill and brutalise people people and everone will be clapping while the constitution is being desecrated. I weep for Nigerians, you guys still have a long long way to go.
What Is this for? Is it that some of you just rush to reply comments? Did you miss this part?

The point is allow posterity be the judge. The Nigeria Army is not professional nor do they understand the rules of engagement. We should not do what will invite them to our household or our land.

However, if the news of torture is true, then Tompolo's should lay formal complain before the NHRC, The Army and the Presidency

So how does that warrant your off the point comment?

2 Likes

Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by lovat(m): 2:29pm On Sep 07, 2016
PassingShot:
I hope this report of torture is not true. And if true, I say may God grant those he left behind the fortitude to bear the loss.

Tompolo the fugitive should understand that he cannot remain a fugitive forever. He has made his case worse by hiding away.

Those who were Ogbonge fugitives the world had ever known eventually got caught and brought to justice. Tompolo's case won't be different.
You just said nothing
Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by Nobody: 2:30pm On Sep 07, 2016
If this news is true, I'll not be surprised. The Nigerian Army always acting as expected. Nigeria is a indeed a military state, ruled by feudal lords from a particular region. Democracy my nyash. Rest in Peace old man. cry

1 Like

Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by Nobody: 2:34pm On Sep 07, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

What Is this for? Is it that some of you just rush to reply comments? Did you miss this part?

Tonye- you should understand their position. Different meanings could be deducted from your post. It could as well been Tompollo..... Your defense is weak. This is not the time to be politically correct.
Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by Nobody: 2:35pm On Sep 07, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Any Government that did not see this coming is as incompetent as those that defend it
Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by Nobody: 2:35pm On Sep 07, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
I know where you are driving from and where you are driving at, but I also know that daring the State has never been a solution, it cause lots of harm than good.

My position on Tompolo surrender has been the same sine genesis.
Okay.
Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by attackgat: 2:35pm On Sep 07, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

You should have condemned this despicable act of your security forces outrightly instead using your above statements to evasively defend their actions. Or don't you know that if this story is true, it was murder that was committed here?
Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by gare(f): 2:41pm On Sep 07, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Mister Man, I have no time to exchange words with any anti-Fulani comment.

His case is between him and the state and not Fulani irrespective of the tribe of the President. The exNimassa DG that presented himself for trial is also Ijaw and not a fool. At least non of his family members were exposed to the brutality and humiliation of the unprofessional Army.

BTW I never asked you(or anyone) to rate my level of intelligence.

Cheers bro

We should learn to stand by the truth and do the right thing, we cannot continue like this as a nation, Tompolo and the father are two different persons so whatever Tompolo may have done shouldn't be transferred to any members of his family or friends except it could be proved by a competent court.

We should stop all this unnecessary arguments, if the military actually did that then it is wrong, they have all the resources to look for Tompolo, other than harrassing his immediate family, questions could be asked but not physically hurting them.

The military should deploy every resources at there disposal to look for the criminals and leave the innocent one alone.

4 Likes

Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by Nobody: 2:42pm On Sep 07, 2016
Who will coordinate the funeral?

I see some high level smoking out underway.
Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by softheart4love(m): 2:42pm On Sep 07, 2016
Firefire:
If true, this is bad. embarassed embarassed

How many Borno elders were killed to disclose the location of their Boko Haram children and the kidnap Chibok girls?

How many, just tell me how many elders in the NE were killed in order to curb the activities of the terrorist group in their domain.

Rather, NE elders gave the FG ultimatum.

I want to believe, this story is false. If not, this is not fair. embarassed embarassed

It's time for world leader, international commutes barb out the evil this government.

2 Likes

Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by lovat(m): 2:44pm On Sep 07, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

And how does this news affect Igbo and Biafra? is Tompolo an Igboman? Is he a Biafran?

How does Dambazau come in? is Dambazau the opposite of Tompolo?

Guy I no wan talk just maintain your lane and Keep your wisdom biko
Stop sounding political correct when you are saying the reverse. You are not more ijaw than deapreye nor izonpikin nor dfinex but you enjoy washing ijaw dirty linen in public.

stop all these and waka pass if d story too much for you

1 Like

Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:44pm On Sep 07, 2016
blues20:

Tony- you should understand their position. Different meanings could be deducted from your post. It could as well been Tompollo..... Your defense is weak. This is not the time to be politically correct.
Wow, Really?
Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by Nobody: 2:47pm On Sep 07, 2016
Nigeria is such a brutal state. The sooner we divide that entity the better for everyone.

1 Like

Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:49pm On Sep 07, 2016
lovat:
Stop sounding political correct when you are saying the reverse. You are not more ijaw than deapreye nor izonpikin nor dfinex but you enjoy washing ijaw dirty linen in public.

stop all these and waka pass if d story too much for you
Are you the aforementioned or their spokesperson? Why not allow them engage me if they feel unsatisfied?

My friend stop this lame attempt to whip up sympathy. I am an Ijawman and will always stand for Ijaw interest like I have ALWAYS done.
Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:52pm On Sep 07, 2016
gare:

We should learn to stand by the truth and do the right thing, we cannot continue like this as a nation, Tompolo and the father are two different persons so whatever Tompolo may have done shouldn't be transferred to any members of his family or friends except it could be proved by a competent court.

We should stop all this unnecessary arguments, if the military actually did that then it is wrong, they have all the resources to look for Tompolo, other than harrassing his immediate family, questions could be asked but not physically hurting them.

The military should deploy every resources at there disposal to look for the criminals and leave the innocent one alone.
Who is arguing with you? Who justified torture of the innocent or the action of the Army? SMH...
Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by stagger: 2:52pm On Sep 07, 2016
Useless children always bring problems for their parents.

1 Like

Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by Izonpikin: 2:52pm On Sep 07, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Tonye if he lays compains to the NHRC, the army or the presidency what would they do??

Se that's my point...nigeria is an uncivilised enclave and so only uncivilised activities can get them on their feet..

Why should the army rough handle an old man

If the FG should capture tompolo how would that even help nigeria

I am just tired...

When madness go start for the region people go dey ask why... angry

1 Like

Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by ificatchmodeh: 2:54pm On Sep 07, 2016
Tokt:

Ffuck insensitivity on top anything Tompolo. He is a killer. Miserable death await him.

Una sabi run mouth carelessly..if you by chance see tompolo..your mouth still fit run like this?
Can you stand his gaze...leave faceless forum..come town and yan this your dust..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by Izonpikin: 2:54pm On Sep 07, 2016
PassingShot:
I hope this report of torture is not true. And if true, I say may God grant those he left behind the fortitude to bear the loss.

Tompolo the fugitive should understand that he cannot remain a fugitive forever. He has made his case worse by hiding away.

Those who were Ogbonge fugitives the world had ever known eventually got caught and brought to justice. Tompolo's case won't be different.
are you sure your condolence is from the heart??..aren you happy that his father has been tortured to death??

Just say the truth and let's move on..

1 Like

Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by Tokt: 2:56pm On Sep 07, 2016
ificatchmodeh:

Una sabi run mouth carelessly..if you by chance see tompolo..your mouth still fit run like this?
Can you stand his gaze...leave faceless forum..come town and yan this your dust..

Where is the ffucking Tompolo u are talking about and defending? Is the fool not in hiding? U are defending a coward and a murderer. Cover ur face in shame
Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by Izonpikin: 2:58pm On Sep 07, 2016
illuminated93:
Over time,i've noticed you're intelligent but then, you lack wisdom. Why should he surrender? He should surrender like buhari's enemy in the person of dasuki? How many fulani murderers have surrendered? A classic case of the north intimidating the south with support from educated southerners. The fulanis are not educated than you are, yet they rule over you,doesn't that go to show we southerners are indeed foools. Do you think if tompolo was a fulani man, and he acquired wealth via govt contracts and he supported buhari's elections,he'd be disturbed by the military?
A classic example of divide and rule,even the sophisticated ones as they claim,fall for it hook,line and sinker.
meanwhile ayiri is there strolling with the government..

5 Likes

Re: Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:01pm On Sep 07, 2016
Izonpikin:
Tonye if he lays compains to the NHRC, the army or the presidency what would they do??

Se that's my point...nigeria is an uncivilised enclave and so only uncivilised activities can get them on their feet..

Why should the army rough handle an old man

If the FG should capture tompolo how would that even help nigeria

I am just tired...

When madness go start for the region people go dey ask why... angry
Here you are! Of course no one expects the FG to act swiftly on any petition over the torture of Pa Tompolo BUT the NHRC will investigate it and it may take international dimension. That is the point just like what is happening to Shiite Zackzacky.

I wholeheartedly Condemn the manhandling of late pa Tompolo but I will always insist that Tompolo present himself so as not to bring his loved ones in contact with the unprofessional Nigeria security men. I am sure the ExNIMASSA guy and Boro weren't foolish.

Once again his alleged offence bothers on corruption which is bailable not treason or terrorism.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pictures: Jonathan, Fashola, Amosun Visit Crash Site / President Buhari's 2019 Campaign Posters In Abuja (Photos) / Gas Leak In Atlantic Ocean As Offshore Rig Explodes In Bayelsa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.