Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,565 members, 7,820,038 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 - Sports (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 (21881 Views)

Poll: Can Naija Win Mozambique?

over my dead body (no): 11% (11 votes)
yes. anytime.: 25% (25 votes)
only if nigeria step up their game seriously: 63% (63 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Ghana: Friendly (1 - 0) - Live / Nigeria Vs Sudan: Afcon Qualifiers (3 - 1) On 15th October 2014 / Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - AFCON 2013 Final (1 - 0) - On 10th February 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by nas00(m): 7:42pm On Oct 11, 2009
Too late tongue

Everything is meaningless grin grin grin

b4 nko?

'Dundee' United! grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by Cristalz(f): 7:44pm On Oct 11, 2009
@FBS
If some bug cusses you, don't cuss back. Send his/her butt to me and trust that the adequate pesticide will be used. wink
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by Sagamite(m): 7:44pm On Oct 11, 2009
I didn't see the first match against Mozambique but after seeing this, they are a tough team to play without a disruptive player like Babangida, Ikedia, Okocha etc.

Ike Uche and Odems are the closest we have to this but they are only good when taking on ONE player, if it is TWO marking them, then they are not able. That is what Tunisia did to neutralize.

The Mozambicans defended well but we just don't have a team that is good enough for WC.

If we do not have a disruptive player then we need players with movement,  and only Yakubu (didn't show it today) and Odems have this. That is our problem not the coach, except you can identify a player that is disruptive that he can call up.

And don't mention the Lukman Ibrahim, not yet there. He will later.

I know it is a good point to state that it is Amodu's responsibility to make them move but knowing the Nigerian players mentality when they get on the pitch they think "I be big man, all the opposition should lie down and be flogged". Evident when the fool TT could not be bothered to track the Tunisian player that equalised. The guy just jogged past him and the fellow Tunisian put the ball over TT's head.

I like the way Amodu dropped several players today, including my favourite Adeleye who was horrible against Tunisia. But he is still one to watch.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by saworoide: 7:47pm On Oct 11, 2009
Helloooooooo,

Agreed this performance is well below expectation. But we needed a win and we got it. The boys are also aware of their below par performance, hopefully they will improve. Could it also mean that the Mozambiquans are a decent team. If they are, that is a plus for the eagles cos we cant count on them to pick a draw or win against Tunisian in Maputo, moreso when thay still have the nations cup slot to fight for.

The BIG question is ; Can this super Eagle win away in Kenya. Rember a win is teh ONLY result that can make us progress, anything less, we are out.

Whether we qualify or not. This team and it's coaching crew need a complete overhaul for them to stand any chance at even at the nations cup.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by FBS: 7:53pm On Oct 11, 2009
in me:

@Sagamite I no join u for the insult wey u dey insult person o.

But saint_ikeO suppose see wetin Maradona do for stadium yesterday wen Perlamo score the winning goal. e be like say Argentina wiun the world cup, see jubilation, Maradona self celebrate pass person wey score the goal

He did a mud slide grin.  And the match was very interesting too.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by saintikeO: 7:54pm On Oct 11, 2009
@ sagamice. Dude if you know anything about psychology you will understand that after that goal, Mozambique players were frustrated, tired and lost. They came out to play because a draw or win gives them a chance qualifying for the Nations Cup. We won the game by 1 goal, at the end of the day, if the Tunisians draw with Mozambique for the final qualification match qualification will be decided by goal difference. We currently do not have an advantage over the Tunisians on this front and a second goal could have well made the difference. I don't know about you but giving the psyche of the Mozambique's we could have scored another goal even if it was 3min left. The celebrations lasted almost 2mins.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by adexchamp(m): 7:56pm On Oct 11, 2009
Peter Osaze Odemwingie has again proved to the whole Nigerians that he is a true and committed Nigerian with the way he featured in today's cracker between the stubborn Mozambique team,i think the guy should be given a national honour by the president for being the only eagles player that really put his all in all to every match he is called upon to play for Nigeria, or what do you guys think?
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by Kudanis(m): 7:56pm On Oct 11, 2009
Odemwinge is the BEST player Nigeria has for the moment. That guy is good!!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by FBS: 7:58pm On Oct 11, 2009
Cristalz:

@FBS
If some bug cusses you, don't cuss back. Send his/her butt to me and trust that the adequate pesticide will be used. wink
@ Crizzle, are you my mummy?  grin
But seriously, I don't understand people attacking or throwing insults just for the fun of it. Sometimes its faster and more adequate to give them a shot of their own booze!
But sha, I'm cool. You know me.  wink and I will like to see you, use that powerful pesticide more often.  grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by saintikeO: 7:58pm On Oct 11, 2009
Also i can't believe you called Ikedia a disruptive player. You must have fickle memory about the national team or have lived in London for tooo long. Ikedia was nothing but a Okada. Mr I too sabi.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by Sagamite(m): 8:07pm On Oct 11, 2009
saint_ikeO:

@ sagamice. Dude if you know anything about psychology you will understand that after that goal, Mozambique players were frustrated, tired and lost. They came out to play because a draw or win gives them a chance qualifying for the Nations Cup. We won the game by 1 goal, at the end of the day, if the Tunisians draw with Mozambique for the final qualification match qualification will be decided by goal difference. We currently do not have an advantage over the Tunisians on this front and a second goal could have well made the difference. I don't know about you but giving the psyche of the Mozambique's we could have scored another goal even if it was 3min left. The celebrations lasted almost 2mins.

No, mate. You are wrong.

For us to qualify, Tunisia must draw or lose. And we must win.

We are currently on the same goal difference as Tunisia (+3). If they lose/draw and we win, automatically our goal difference would be better.

So another goal against Mozambique would be worthless. On the other hand, whilst striving for this goal, the Mozambicans score an equaliser, I can not guarantee the lives of the players or coach from the public.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by Sagamite(m): 8:11pm On Oct 11, 2009
Kudanis:

I couldn't agree more.

And he gives 100% every game.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by saworoide: 8:12pm On Oct 11, 2009
saint_ikeO:

Goals difference does not come between Nigeria and Tunisians now. We are currently level on goals diff, whatever happens in the last games, they need to either draw or lose and Nigeria will need to win by even a 0.5 goal margin which will take us over them. There was no need to look for the 2nd goal and expose your already weak defence. It took us 93 minutes to find a goal and you expect them to look for another in 2 minutes. You must be a die hard optimist to think that could happen with this SE.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by tocdee(m): 8:19pm On Oct 11, 2009
saworoide:

Goals difference does not come between Nigeria and Tunisians now. We are currently level on goals diff, whatever happens in the last games, they need to either draw or lose and Nigeria will need to win by even a 0.5 goal margin which will take us over them. There was no need to look for the 2nd goal and expose your already weak defence. It took us 93 minutes to find a goal and you expect them to look for another in 2 minutes. You must be a die hard optimist to think that could happen with this SE.

I think you're wrong. Head-to-head takes higher priority than goal difference. Tunisia shades us in that area with 2 away goals here in Abuja. So unless they LOSE AND we WIN , we could score 15000 goals and still drop out! tongue tongue

But then, correct me if I'm bloody wrong.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by dreeldee: 8:28pm On Oct 11, 2009
Naw! head to head rule doesn't come before the goals difference anymore
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by rasputinn(m): 8:33pm On Oct 11, 2009
It keeps getting better,Tunisia beat Kenya 1-0 today,the ticket belongs to Tunisia who have now consolidated their points lead on the table
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by Sagamite(m): 8:36pm On Oct 11, 2009
tocdee:

I think you're wrong. Head-to-head takes higher priority than goal difference. Tunisia shades us in that area with 2 away goals here in Abuja. So unless they LOSE AND we WIN , we could score 15000 goals and still drop out! tongue tongue

But then, correct me if I'm bloody wrong.

No, mate. You are wrong.

See Page 21, Article 17, point 6.

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/tournament/competition/fifa_wc_south_africa_2010_regulations_en_14123.pdf
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by rasputinn(m): 8:38pm On Oct 11, 2009
Sagamite:

See Page 21, Article 17, point 6.

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/tournament/competition/fifa_wc_south_africa_2010_regulations_en_14123.pdf

Yes I just read Page 21,Article 17,point of correction
And it states that Nigeria is going to miss out of SA 2010 and Tunisia will qualify
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by rasputinn(m): 8:41pm On Oct 11, 2009
Kudanis:

Unfortunately he's playing under the most clueless,stubborn,arrogant and abusive coach in the whole wide world and with a bunch of half-hearted national team mates
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by mikeoscar: 8:48pm On Oct 11, 2009
o.k. now i get it. So we practically left it late in the "Fergie time" to get a win.

I bet Amodu watched that match between Diego Maradona's Argentinian team and Peru that ended in a dramatic 2-1 in favor of Maradona in extra time.
If He did the Maradona's celebration slide then this matched was completely plagiarised grin  cheesy
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by TmeD0(m): 8:51pm On Oct 11, 2009
Sagamite:

I couldn't agree more.

And he gives 100% every game.
make that 110% because he seems to be the only player who shows consistency each time he's on that pitch.  

even though nsofor scored the goal, Osaze IMO was the man of the match.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by bidemi12(m): 9:11pm On Oct 11, 2009
i beg make someone help me. did tunisia win their match? we no de hear or see anything for here. i beg oooo.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by Sagamite(m): 9:18pm On Oct 11, 2009
bidemi12:

i beg make someone help me. did tunisia win their match? we no de hear or see anything for here. i beg oooo.

They won Kenya 1-0.

They scored within the first 60 seconds or so as the Kenyans went to sleep during a throw-in. The throw-in was quickly taken, the tunisian took on the left back, crossed the ball in to an unmarked attacker for a heading goal.

The Kenyans were completely visionless attack-wise and had no biting teeth. Tunisia did no make much attempt on goal either after the early goal but they did their usual pressure zonal marking to force mistakes when passing.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by txxxed(m): 9:22pm On Oct 11, 2009
i can't remember the exact match, but Odems has always killed himself for that team. he sure is our best player by a long short.
well, its good thing we won today.i told myself and my friends i was never going to watch the match, but i have Nigerian blood flowing through my veins and i could be idling away when we were playing. not that am putting my hopes on it, but lets see how it turns out next match day.

Read more thoughts and a reflection of qualifiers in both Europe and Africa at www.gamegist.com
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by bidemi12(m): 9:25pm On Oct 11, 2009
@Sagamite  Damn!!!  We better start rallying support support for Ghana and England, (my teams)  grin so as to enjoy this world cup. Twice in a row. Which kain thing be this sef. You sure say we go qualify for world cup in our life time again? undecided
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by CarlosVent(m): 9:27pm On Oct 11, 2009
UPON THE BRIBE WE GAVE THE REFEREE AND ALSO THE MATCH BONUS WE GAVE TO KENYA PLAYERS STILL THEY ALLOWED TUNISIA TO WIN THEM,

OHH MY GOD WHO AND WHAT CAN BE OUR SAVIOR NOW.

CHEEEEIIIIII

THANKS A LOT NIGERIANS
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by Sagamite(m): 9:34pm On Oct 11, 2009
bidemi12:

@Sagamite  Damn!!!  We better start rallying support support for Ghana and England, (my teams)  grin so as to enjoy this world cup. Twice in a row. Which kain thing be this sef. You sure say we go qualify for world cup in our life time again? undecided

Ghana and South Africa for me.

I doubt Mozambique will win Tunisia, but a draw is possible if they play as well defensively as they played against Nigeria.

To beat Tunisia, you need players that can dribble, outrun them, pass and move like Barca and have good long range pass to be able to switch wings. And Mozambique is not this.

At least Mozambique still risk not qualifying for ANC and they are playing at home, so I expect them to fight tooth and nail.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by Sagamite(m): 9:46pm On Oct 11, 2009
Before I forget, that Mohammed Yussuf was good before he got injured.

He was taking out their left back easily with pace.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by naso2(m): 9:48pm On Oct 11, 2009
yes we now only need to beat kenya in nairobi by 1-0. I am almost sure that Tunisia can not get anything better than a draw against Mozambique.

The question now is can we beat Kenya in nairobi expecially when Kenya will be playing with their lives for a nations cup  spot? To beat Kenya we will need a combination of bribe and MTN/FIFA wayo. Definitely not these players.

If by chance we qualify, then AMODU must be sacked , even before the nations cup. There are a lot of good foreign coaches out there that are` looking for a WC opportunity.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by bidemi12(m): 9:51pm On Oct 11, 2009
@sagamite I just hope you are right. i am too young to die of high blood pressure.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by OvieE: 10:55pm On Oct 11, 2009
Odemwingie, may god bless that boy. His heart is with team than any other players in eagles.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by merge(f): 11:20pm On Oct 11, 2009
I missed the game.

Can I still watch?

Yeah SE won.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Chelsea Condemn Racist Abuse Of Tammy Abraham / Barcelona Still Owe Messi £33 Million From Loyalty Bonusess Despite Departure / AFCON 2019: The Biggest Talking Points From The Tournament

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.