Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 - Sports (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 (21886 Views)

Poll: Can Naija Win Mozambique?

over my dead body (no): 11% (11 votes)
yes. anytime.: 25% (25 votes)
only if nigeria step up their game seriously: 63% (63 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Ghana: Friendly (1 - 0) - Live / Nigeria Vs Sudan: Afcon Qualifiers (3 - 1) On 15th October 2014 / Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - AFCON 2013 Final (1 - 0) - On 10th February 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by tayoast(m): 11:26pm On Oct 11, 2009
bidemi12:

I just hope you are right. I am too young to die of high blood pressure.

Tell them ooo
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by OneTouch1(m): 3:09am On Oct 12, 2009
Finally! I was beginning to feel pity for the super eagles,
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by Mudley313: 4:25am On Oct 12, 2009
I didn't see the first match against Mozambique but after seeing this, they are a tough team to play without a disruptive player like Babangida, Ikedia, Okocha etc.

Ike Uche and Odems are the closest we have to this but they are only good when taking on ONE player, if it is TWO marking them, then they are not able. That is what Tunisia did to neutralize.

The Mozambicans defended well but we just don't have a team that is good enough for WC.

If we do not have a disruptive player then we need players with movement,  and only Yakubu (didn't show it today) and Odems have this. That is our problem not the coach, except you can identify a player that is disruptive that he can call up.

i think wat u mean by "disruptive player" is a "very good player" that can make things happen, this is completely lacking in dis our new chicken eagles, i remember back in the days even ikedia n em babangida were mostly substitute players to finidi; even okocha was never guaranteed a first team spot; and dimunitive goal scorer, aghahowa only had a second half space 4 him in dat squad, dats just to show how talented we once were and how badly naija soccer has fallen, now nobody to make a difference; even osaze would not have made 1st team in the old eagles; he's very talented but i dont think he got dat touch to make huge extraordinary difference (as evidenced in the olympic final game against argentina) like most great players-like kanu did against brazil, amokachi, amuneke, not to mention the great yekini, even players who were leading goal scorers in their various european leagues like owobokiri n mike obiku couldn't even make dat team, a team wit defenders dat score goals like babayaro, iroha, keshi, defensive midfielders like oliseh wit thunderous shots n even the suppoedly worse player then, garba lawal had something to offer, men, gone are the days of the once super eagles, welcome to the era of the superless chickens, smh
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by rasputinn(m): 6:58am On Oct 12, 2009
I won't waste my time on the super chicken eagles as I know they wont be in SA 2010,noither will they be in Brazil 2014
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by princekevo(m): 7:06am On Oct 12, 2009
Seems God was in Nigerian yesterday to perform a miracle.
The goal itself was jst a Miracle, probably the Super Frogs is destined to disgrace us openly in 2011 WC. Lets see what happens on 14 Nov.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by Sagamite(m): 7:11am On Oct 12, 2009
rasputinn:

I won't waste my time on the super chicken eagles as I know they wont be in SA 2010,noither will they be in Brazil 2014

Are you really that emotional?
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by ayusman16(m): 7:46am On Oct 12, 2009
Na u wan kill yourself if u put mind for Super Fowl match, Me i don pass that level after their several Bleep.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by ohisng(m): 8:12am On Oct 12, 2009
Its just the shame of a nation. See CHICKEN EAGLES struggling with mozambique!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by otukpo(f): 8:30am On Oct 12, 2009
The chikens called super eagles shld be ashamed of themselves for the struggle they had with Mozambique.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by okeey(m): 8:44am On Oct 12, 2009
now they done win,let see wht dey will play at the worldcup
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by tubabie(f): 8:46am On Oct 12, 2009
Now we are struggling to beat Mozambique
How are we going to play Brazil, Germany and co if we even qualify?

Let them sit down and plan for the next one, we are not qualified to be in that world cup, am sorry to say!!

It's a pity we now play like Burundi and Rwanda. sad
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by naso2(m): 8:49am On Oct 12, 2009
Ladies and Gentlemen , I hereby move  a motion that the title "SUPER" be dropped from these useless bunch of players forthwith .

You are free to just call them  chikens,fowls etc. But no "SUPER" please because "super chickens" would definitely do far better than this bunch.

Make God help us make CIV catch this kind our team na im be say e go reach  5-0. I mean am.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by naso2(m): 8:52am On Oct 12, 2009
okeey:

now they done win,let see wht dey will play at the worldcup

Which world cup, have we qualified?

This team can not beat Kenya in Nairobi , even with 13 players. Get it?
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:15am On Oct 12, 2009
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique. 11 October 2009. 17:00 Nig Time (12:00 Us Time)
« #70 on: October 10, 2009, 06:40 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know the scores. I have seen the future, teh match will end 1-0 Nigeria Wins but Tunisia also wins emphatically

I amnow rendering my prophetic services commercially. only serious requesters will be entertained grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by obinna79: 9:28am On Oct 12, 2009
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by otokx(m): 9:37am On Oct 12, 2009
At least we won
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by bidemi12(m): 9:45am On Oct 12, 2009
Personaly i think our football, footballers, coaches is a reflection of what is Nigeria today. Bad management, lack of commitment, corruption, lack of focus, no discipline, half hearted input etc. sad
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by larimo(m): 9:59am On Oct 12, 2009
all this curses and insults, una no dey tire? cursing no go change the situation.  LETS BE POSITIVE-MINDED NIGERIANS EVEN IN THE FACE OF DEFEAT smiley! isnt dat how we handle our own lives?

the result was obtained! that was their objective. how they got it doesnt matter. what matters now is how they are going to play Kenya. yes, they weren't convincing but what were Nigerian expecting at this stage in the qualifiers? there was some improvement compared to the last game and some of the changes into the team were ok, particularly Ayinla (for me). they showed more pace and verve. the mambas came to get a draw, looking to break on the counter, so it wasnt going to be easy for our present average team, but they tried. the naija boys were frustrated not having a goal early enough but they showed strong character in pushing forward and eventually scoring.

we still have a slim chance as usual. with what I saw about the mambas, they can help defeat tunisia. its a sad situation to be in but you have to use what you've got. we just have to do our part against Kenya and do it well.

if we do qualify, i urge NFF abi na NFA to overhaul the tech crew and act fast with a new one, so we can prepare a decent team for the WC2010. At least with over six months, we can put forth a good team. talents plenty!!!!!

NAIJA FOR LIFE!
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by topeorekoy(m): 10:50am On Oct 12, 2009
Gone are those days that when SUPER EAGLES line up against teams like kenya, mozambique, sudan and co. we always expect nuting less that 3-0 ifo nigeria and the teams are always scared and intimidated but now we dont knw what to expect. footy has really gone down in naija, hope the revolution that happened to ghanian footy will happen to us too
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by Nezan(m): 11:44am On Oct 12, 2009
I am waiting to see Tunisia play in SA 2010.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by vikiviko(m): 12:05pm On Oct 12, 2009
Football is enjoyed and played by all nations the divide between big and small nations is over.

Tunisia could only manage a 1st minute solitary the Kenyans played so well in Tunis so we must expect a tough match in Nairobi or Mombassa.

The Eagles played there hearts but only shows we still to work on the team if eventually they make it SA 2010.

Up 9ja.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by 2Legit2Qui: 12:07pm On Oct 12, 2009
vikiviko:

Football is enjoyed and played by all nations the divide between and big and small nations is over.

Tunisia could only manage a 1st minute solitary the Kenyans played so well in Tunis so we must expect a tough match in Nairobi or Mombassa.

The Eagles played there hearts but only shows we still to work on the team if eventually they make it SA 2010.

Up 9ja.

I wonder if the Tunisians are cursing their football team cos they can only manage one goal defeat to the Kenyans.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by MrTA(m): 12:11pm On Oct 12, 2009
Shiorrr. rubbish once again from the chickens.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by MIKKYIJEGE(m): 12:26pm On Oct 12, 2009
It baffles me when people waste their time in talking about our disgraceful performance in the hance of the Mozambiques.The people in the helm of our football has kill our gameis unfortunate.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by semid4lyfe(m): 12:41pm On Oct 12, 2009
At least we got the needed result and we're still in with a fighting chance. Lets be positive and hope we qualify.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by harmeenut: 12:48pm On Oct 12, 2009
Watching the match, I was able to figure out a good news and a bad news

The good news to me is that if and only if the Mozambique guys play the same way they did against us when playing Tunisia in their last match, the Tunisia can not beat them.

But the bad news is that I don't see the Nigeria national team beating Kenya
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by MrTA(m): 12:53pm On Oct 12, 2009
If we can just about beat Mozambique, what makes you think Tunisia wont beat them?
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by mikeoscar: 12:57pm On Oct 12, 2009
[
b]But Tunisia also wins emphatically,[/b]

@agerwhenindoubt,
Brov, your prohecy was only 50% correct.Tunisia won 1-0 not emphatically cheesy grin
You try sha, becos the gift of Prophecy is subject to the Prophets.
We prophesy in part and Know in part. Welldone and keep stirring it up.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by chidichris(m): 1:16pm On Oct 12, 2009
Personaly i think our football, footballers, coaches is a reflection of what is Nigeria today. Bad management, lack of commitment, corruption, lack of focus, no discipline, half hearted input etc.
@bidemi12,
what u wrote above is simple, straight, direct, live, white, blue and any other word that can explain a real and truthful situation.

in addition to that, the eagles would have left the game to end a draw so that the criminal minded idiots at the helm of affairs will start looking else where for their fraudulent acts.

what we have are not sports leaders rather they are sports criminals.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by fisidstory: 2:25pm On Oct 12, 2009
The most outstanding in the super eagles is Osaze.The guy is the most fit,smart,agile and enterprising.I sympatized with him cos the others were not measuring up to his pace.King osaze, ENOUGH RESPECT
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by kafanchan: 4:29pm On Oct 12, 2009
as we no go qualify good well well. By the time there is nothing to keep us happy again. we will now know aw wowo this country be.
Re: Nigeria Vs Mozambique (1 - 0 ) 11 October 2009 by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:59pm On Oct 12, 2009
kafanchan:

as we no go qualify good well well. By the time there is nothing to keep us happy again. we will now know aw wowo this country be.

y'know the main reason i have always wished we lost every soccer competition we were part of is because of what you have just said.

anytime we qualify for the nations cup, world cup, CAF or even a friendly, we forget all our problems and that so happens to be the time when FG passes some of her unsavoury policies right under our collective noses without a word of protest simply because Nigeria is playing.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Barcelona Still Owe Messi £33 Million From Loyalty Bonusess Despite Departure / AFCON 2019: The Biggest Talking Points From The Tournament / Kelechi Iheanacho Wins Leicester City March Goal Of The Month Award (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.