Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,156 members, 7,821,932 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

I Proposed To A Lady The First Time I Saw Her And She Accepted On The Spot - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Proposed To A Lady The First Time I Saw Her And She Accepted On The Spot (9028 Views)

"Why I Proposed To My Girlfriend With N2 Million Dummy Cheque" - Nigerian Man / Lady Twerks After Her Man Proposed To Her & She Accepted. Photos / My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Proposed To A Lady The First Time I Saw Her And She Accepted On The Spot by Nobody: 9:16pm On Sep 07, 2016
Not a new thing. Still happy for you, keeping a marriage going is not an easy feat.
Re: I Proposed To A Lady The First Time I Saw Her And She Accepted On The Spot by kinibigdeal(m): 9:26pm On Sep 07, 2016
Same way i proposed to Aminat508
Re: I Proposed To A Lady The First Time I Saw Her And She Accepted On The Spot by Gluthatione: 11:25pm On Sep 07, 2016
Great!
Re: I Proposed To A Lady The First Time I Saw Her And She Accepted On The Spot by opalu: 11:26pm On Sep 07, 2016
Thanks all.
Re: I Proposed To A Lady The First Time I Saw Her And She Accepted On The Spot by opalu: 5:23am On Sep 08, 2016
It is her birthday
Re: I Proposed To A Lady The First Time I Saw Her And She Accepted On The Spot by Nobody: 6:16am On Sep 08, 2016
Ehn ehn? undecided
Re: I Proposed To A Lady The First Time I Saw Her And She Accepted On The Spot by AreTheyBitches(m): 9:40am On Sep 08, 2016
opalu:
I am Engr Abraham Opaluwa a Nairalander with Username OPALU.

In 2007 I knew a Lady schooling in the East who pleased me so well. Fair to look upon. I planned to propose to her on her Birthday to be my wife. So I needed a Cake Designer who could inscribe her name on a well crafted cake. I travelled back from Kogi to Ogun where I based then. On my way, my younger brother in Kogi State Uni texted me the number of "the best cake designer in the school" as he put it. So right away I called her and gave her the job description. To my shock, she said "I will do the cake free of charge for you". As a guy who left a highly demanding relationship few years earlier, it sounded strange. I said look young lady, I do not give what doesn't cost me to someone I love besides you do not know me. She insisted that the only condition for her to do the cake is that I won't pay a dime. After a time I reluctantly agreed seeing that the date was drawing near and I had to return to meet cake ready.

That was how after that day, I saw myself calling both the "real' lady in Caritas and also calling the Cake girl in KSU. If I didn't call both no sleep.
But I discovered that whenever I call the real lady, I will loose my sleep due to her harsh and unfriendly words.
She probably knew I was going to propose and began playing hard to get. Whenever I was downcasted, the Cake Lady will call and her words will make me happy before I could sleep. This happened repeatedly.

If you have had a fatal heartbreak before, I don't think you need harsh words... sincerely.
That was how by the time I returned to Kogi, do you know that the lady I wanted to propose to had stopped picking my call? I had to call the Cake Lady to come to my house.

For the first time I looked upon her, I knelt down and proposed to her. She accepted right on the spot!! After we started courtship, I asked her why she agreed to do free cake for someone she hasn't known before or was that how she does business? She simply said that she had received in her heart just few days before I called that her husband was about to call her and had celebrated with her room-mates. So when I called, she needed to please me. She was just 21 years then in final year. We wedded the next year

Her name was Amalia and I changed her name to Sarah. Today, we are 8 years in Marriage with 3 lovely children. To God be the glory.
I am posting this because it is her birthday

No Offence, but i dont understand a word you are saying
Re: I Proposed To A Lady The First Time I Saw Her And She Accepted On The Spot by Rozaystunna(m): 11:38am On Sep 08, 2016
iamDaisy:
sweet story but i still wonder why she refused to charge you for the cake, i don't play with money cheesy
chaiiii if that is you on your profile, Damn!!!! Jehova shocked shocked
Re: I Proposed To A Lady The First Time I Saw Her And She Accepted On The Spot by opalu: 1:09pm On Sep 08, 2016
AreTheyBitches:

No Offence, but i dont understand a word you are saying

It's like I wrote in my dialect cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Proposed To A Lady The First Time I Saw Her And She Accepted On The Spot by Nobody: 2:31pm On Sep 08, 2016
nice smiley i met my wife in a dramatic fashion too
Re: I Proposed To A Lady The First Time I Saw Her And She Accepted On The Spot by opalu: 3:50pm On Sep 08, 2016
DEATHMACHINE:
nice smiley i met my wife in a dramatic fashion too

Good. This name "Deathmachine" hmmmm it's somehow
Re: I Proposed To A Lady The First Time I Saw Her And She Accepted On The Spot by Nobody: 4:03pm On Sep 08, 2016
opalu:

Good. This name "Deathmachine" hmmmm it's somehow
as how my oga
Re: I Proposed To A Lady The First Time I Saw Her And She Accepted On The Spot by Nobody: 4:19pm On Sep 08, 2016
nice one @op
Re: I Proposed To A Lady The First Time I Saw Her And She Accepted On The Spot by drnairalov: 4:30pm On Sep 08, 2016
Is someone peeling onions in here? cry lovely story man kudos!
Re: I Proposed To A Lady The First Time I Saw Her And She Accepted On The Spot by opalu: 5:35pm On Sep 08, 2016
DEATHMACHINE:
as how my oga

E dey make small pikin fear. undecided
Re: I Proposed To A Lady The First Time I Saw Her And She Accepted On The Spot by Nobody: 10:45am On Sep 09, 2016
opalu:

E dey make small pikin fear. undecided
lolz
Re: I Proposed To A Lady The First Time I Saw Her And She Accepted On The Spot by opalu: 8:49am On Sep 11, 2016
Happy Sunday
Re: I Proposed To A Lady The First Time I Saw Her And She Accepted On The Spot by Emoney247: 9:55am On Sep 11, 2016
This is wonderful, if only u told us all the story well
Re: I Proposed To A Lady The First Time I Saw Her And She Accepted On The Spot by czarr(m): 10:51am On Sep 11, 2016
iamDaisy:
sweet story but i still wonder why she refused to charge you for the cake, i don't play with money cheesy
nice ass....e get one car key wey I go like dash u grin,just for wetin u carry for bk cry
Re: I Proposed To A Lady The First Time I Saw Her And She Accepted On The Spot by Mypeople2(m): 12:11pm On Sep 11, 2016
iamDaisy:
You have heard now..so if you are a cake designer ,don't collect from your next customer and you may just have a testimony... Now I really want to know, can you do a cake for me?I want to give it to a lady.Her name is Ysiad
Re: I Proposed To A Lady The First Time I Saw Her And She Accepted On The Spot by Mypeople2(m): 12:18pm On Sep 11, 2016
IamLEGEND1:
Eight years,3 kids!
my brother make you slow down na....as you just dey fire am dey go like this...haba.
Tamper Konji with mercy,biko.
My guy,that guy try.I have seen 10 years with 7 children in Delta

2 Likes

Re: I Proposed To A Lady The First Time I Saw Her And She Accepted On The Spot by columbus007(m): 12:58pm On Sep 11, 2016
The only man who had eaten his cake and still has it cheesy, nice one bro.

5 Likes

Re: I Proposed To A Lady The First Time I Saw Her And She Accepted On The Spot by opalu: 7:30am On Sep 12, 2016
Hahaha yes ooo
Re: I Proposed To A Lady The First Time I Saw Her And She Accepted On The Spot by Burgerlomo: 9:04am On Sep 12, 2016
Awesome
Re: I Proposed To A Lady The First Time I Saw Her And She Accepted On The Spot by opalu: 2:06pm On Sep 13, 2016
Thanks
Re: I Proposed To A Lady The First Time I Saw Her And She Accepted On The Spot by moski5(m): 7:32am On Sep 15, 2016
ireneony:
Op tell us the name of this Nollywood film...so I can grab my copy grin

a friend of mine told something similar we met after he was married

he proposed to his gf n she turned him down same or the following day he went for a visit n got introduced to a lady, he saw her off n dont remember why his hand went to his pocket found the ring n proposed.

if I remember correctly she accepted few minutes later

you don't know how oft stuff like this happens well it appears the lady received info bout it earlier tru dreams n pastor
Re: I Proposed To A Lady The First Time I Saw Her And She Accepted On The Spot by opalu: 3:24am On Sep 30, 2016
moski5:

a friend of mine told something similar we met after he was married
he proposed to his gf n she turned him down same or the following day he went for a visit n got introduced to a lady, he saw her off n dont remember why his hand went to his pocket found the ring n proposed.
if I remember correctly she accepted few minutes later
you don't know how oft stuff like this happens well it appears the lady received info bout it earlier tru dreams n pastor

Yea. Difference strokes for different folks
Re: I Proposed To A Lady The First Time I Saw Her And She Accepted On The Spot by opalu: 2:50pm On Feb 09, 2017
Lolz
Re: I Proposed To A Lady The First Time I Saw Her And She Accepted On The Spot by Jhamzy(m): 12:16pm On Apr 19, 2017
Am shocked by this story bro! So touching and inspiring. What I have learnt is that you dont need the whole time in the world to make up your mind about a lady. God help me...

2 Likes

Re: I Proposed To A Lady The First Time I Saw Her And She Accepted On The Spot by mickool(m): 1:44pm On Apr 19, 2017
Interesting! That is an angel na.u should have called her Angela! Congratulations and HBD!
Re: I Proposed To A Lady The First Time I Saw Her And She Accepted On The Spot by ottalo1(m): 2:20pm On Apr 19, 2017
iamDaisy:
Mehh babe your back side correct make I be your romeo
Re: I Proposed To A Lady The First Time I Saw Her And She Accepted On The Spot by opalu: 4:36am On May 06, 2017
Thanks all

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Catches Wife Sleeping With A Man In The Boutique He Opened For Her (photos) / How to make a girl squirt in 5mins / Men Who Consider Marriage In This Age Will Surely End Up Like This!! [photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.