Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,529 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

14 Things You Can Buy Instead Of The Iphone 7 - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 14 Things You Can Buy Instead Of The Iphone 7 (45412 Views)

Identical Twins Who Fooled The Iphone X Face ID / Lady Mistakenly Buys N15k MTN Airtime Instead Of N1500 / See How Much It Cost Apple To Make The Iphone 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 14 Things You Can Buy Instead Of The Iphone 7 by Nobody: 5:44pm On Sep 08, 2016
truthspeaks:
Any1 spending dat kind of money in dis economy must be gaining sumtin rili gud frm dis buhari's govt or sum teenager who is not yet wrkin/hustling for his or her own money. If u rili hustle for ur money, u won't blow it on a fone dat doesn't print money

The emboldened is fallacy. It's a luxury item to some people, just as some love wrist watches, shoes, belts...etc.

That said, I know someone gaining good from Buharis' government_ he's into FX. The guy celebrated his child's dedication recently, one would think it was a wedding ceremony.
Re: 14 Things You Can Buy Instead Of The Iphone 7 by Nobody: 5:45pm On Sep 08, 2016
diva90:
I want to believe this is for humour cheesy
Can 400k really buy someone a plot of land? If so, I am interested wink
As for the other options I would pick an iPhone 7 instead? Why? Because it's an investment. When you are done using the phone, u can still sell it and get back atleast half of what you bought the phone for. I bought my iPhone 6 for $500, I can still sell the phone today and get back atleast $300 - $350. But if I go Dubai for a weekend or stay in oriental hotel for 3 nights with that money, the money is gone forever!
It's all about being wise!
Nobody buys a fairly used iPhone ,be it 6 or any higher variant above 50k in this country ,else you don't reside in Nigeria... A Trip to computer village will convince you!
Re: 14 Things You Can Buy Instead Of The Iphone 7 by CuteMorriz: 5:46pm On Sep 08, 2016
FunkyMetahuman:
still doesn't make it an investment .. just an asset.

Asset bawo? Me wey no even finish ND gaaan no go call am asset...my oga wey go pry schl only go say na to use am tie money down...lol...u no fit tie dis one down cos e go depreciate at a geometric rate...No be asset abeg....and if you no fit use the phone make correct money abeq na liability...
Re: 14 Things You Can Buy Instead Of The Iphone 7 by barackodam: 5:47pm On Sep 08, 2016
diva90:
As for the other options I would pick an iPhone 7 instead? Why? Because it's an investment. When you are done using the phone, u can still sell it and get back atleast half of what you bought the phone for. I bought my iPhone 6 for $500, I can still sell the phone today and get back atleast $300 - $350. But if I go Dubai for a weekend or stay in oriental hotel for 3 nights with that money, the money is gone forever!

and if it's stolen nko?
Re: 14 Things You Can Buy Instead Of The Iphone 7 by NevetsIbot(m): 5:49pm On Sep 08, 2016
dancok:
am buying it have already save the money,leave me alone joor
Stubborn guy.... Buy small chops for us jor. Oya oya
Re: 14 Things You Can Buy Instead Of The Iphone 7 by Ultimatesammie(m): 5:51pm On Sep 08, 2016
diva90:

It's still better than buying something that you cannot sell at the end of the day. The phone is not a liability per say because it makes your everyday life easier or can you live without a phone? I'm sure the answer is no!
Yeah but that dont mean u hav to buy an iphone u can buy another good phone half that price nd use the remainder of the money for something important also.
Re: 14 Things You Can Buy Instead Of The Iphone 7 by CuteMorriz: 5:51pm On Sep 08, 2016
PaperLace:

The emboldened is fallacy. It's a luxury item to some people, just as some love wrist watches, shoes, belts...etc.

That said, I know someone gaining good from Buharis' government_ he's into FX. The guy celebrated his child's dedication recently, one would think it was a wedding ceremony.
girls dey like to see where them dey spend money ehhhh...e dey sweet them like goody goody...kai.....lol
Re: 14 Things You Can Buy Instead Of The Iphone 7 by wristbangle: 5:52pm On Sep 08, 2016
diva90:

It's still better than buying something that you cannot sell at the end of the day. The phone is not a liability per say because it makes your everyday life easier or can you live without a phone? I'm sure the answer is no!

Lol. I don't think any item can't be sold at the end of the day except if they are perishable goods.

IPhone 6/7 makes life easier, how? Can u explain to me dear? Am ready to learn

2 Likes

Re: 14 Things You Can Buy Instead Of The Iphone 7 by SuperBlack: 5:52pm On Sep 08, 2016
I was enjoying your posts and picking interest to it untill you added joke and nonsense posts to it.
Re: 14 Things You Can Buy Instead Of The Iphone 7 by diva90: 5:53pm On Sep 08, 2016
Ultimatesammie:

Yeah but that dont mean u hav to buy an iphone u can buy another good phone half that price nd use the remainder of the money for something important also.

Well different strokes for different peeps! I cannot use any phone that's is not Apple smiley
Re: 14 Things You Can Buy Instead Of The Iphone 7 by doskie(m): 5:54pm On Sep 08, 2016
freemeicid:

The 256GB iPhone 7 will cost you $950. At 420 naira to one dollar, you might be better off buying these other things instead.
Arguable the most sought after smartphone in the world has been announced and will be available for sale very soon.

But are you about to spend N400,000 on a smartphone, in this economy, when you can get these instead?

1. DStv subscription for 28 months. Premium PVR sef, you’re covered

2. One and half years’ rent in Egbeda With borehole and mai-guard

3. One plot of land in Ikorodu. Distance doesn’t matter. Ambode will soon fix the road

4. Two plots of land in Ekiti

5. Naija used Honda Baby Boy. Say goodbye to the danfo lifestyle

6. Weekend in Dubai. #DubaiBalling

7. 8 days at Oriental Hotel. Lau-lau spending

8. 1,333 bottles of beer. We be drinking till six in the morning

9. 1,000 packs of small chops.

10. 21 pairs of Adidas Yezzy Boost.

11. 13 Sallah rams. Oya turn up!

12. 40 haircuts from Tbillz’s barber. Flawless friction all day

13. 2,578 litres of petrol. Because scarcity can start any fucking time

14. 3 pieces of London used iPhone 6s

Be guided.

http://thenet.ng/2016/09/14-things-you-can-buy-instead-of-the-iphone-7/
broda how far for that land in ekiti state. Is it true? Will they sell to a stranger?
Re: 14 Things You Can Buy Instead Of The Iphone 7 by diva90: 5:55pm On Sep 08, 2016
Boj2:

Nobody buys a fairly used iPhone ,be it 6 or any higher variant above 50k in this country ,else you don't reside in Nigeria... A Trip to computer village will convince you!

Well that's nigeria na! Sorry if that's where u sell ur used phones. In the US, it sells for much more. Even trading in your used phone at an Apple Store will give you up to $400 if you are lucky
Re: 14 Things You Can Buy Instead Of The Iphone 7 by diva90: 6:00pm On Sep 08, 2016
wristbangle:

Lol. I don't think any item can't be sold at the end of the day except if they are perishable goods.

IPhone 6/7 makes life easier, how? Can u explain to me dear? Am ready to listen.

Yes but the amount of money you make back is what defines the superiority and uniqueness of the item.
As for the iPhone making your life easier... It's common sense.
Phones aid communication and make your everyday life easier. You can bank through your phone, as we speak you are commenting on nairaland through your phone, the phone connects you to your loved ones and keeps you in touch with the world not only through social media but through other means. When there is problem, you run to your phone to search for solutions. You know what is going on in the world because people document and record things through their phone. Bottom line, you cannot live without a phone. The needs and purpose of owning a Phone is endless!

1 Like

Re: 14 Things You Can Buy Instead Of The Iphone 7 by Ekeeyhandsome(m): 6:02pm On Sep 08, 2016
diva90:

An investment indeed..
Please where did u schooled?
I just wanna know.. undecided
Re: 14 Things You Can Buy Instead Of The Iphone 7 by jammy1993(m): 6:02pm On Sep 08, 2016
bigerboy200:
lol...wetin concern nairalanders with iPhone? na Tecno,infinix,gionee,itel sure pass nw jare......
gringringrin Naso
Re: 14 Things You Can Buy Instead Of The Iphone 7 by diva90: 6:05pm On Sep 08, 2016
Ekeeyhandsome:

An investment indeed..
Please where did u schooled?
I just wanna know.. undecided

Where did I "schooled"? cheesy
I want to know where you schooled too grin

1 Like

Re: 14 Things You Can Buy Instead Of The Iphone 7 by FunkyMetahuman: 6:09pm On Sep 08, 2016
diva90:

Anything u can make back money from is an investment.
hehehehehehe
lmao.. you no do economics for school o

investment:
the outlay of money usually for income or profit

asset:
an item of value owned

Asset can also be an investment.
e.g a house for rental is an asset and also an investment.
a car for cab,
a land for lease.
those are example of asset for investment.

iPhone, cloths TV etc are asset liability .. grin
Re: 14 Things You Can Buy Instead Of The Iphone 7 by haibe(m): 6:11pm On Sep 08, 2016
diva90:

but u can live without a phone worth almost half a million naira

1 Like

Re: 14 Things You Can Buy Instead Of The Iphone 7 by stchinedu: 6:12pm On Sep 08, 2016
Drownedgod:
na iphone 12 i dey wait for

Your head dey there jooor... iPhone 12 or nothing else grin
Re: 14 Things You Can Buy Instead Of The Iphone 7 by haibe(m): 6:14pm On Sep 08, 2016
diva90:

Well look at it on a brighter note, nothing will happen to the phone and you will be able to sell it and get half of the money back when you are ready to.
As for me, I've never had a phone stolen or ever lost a phone in my life.

Well thats merely a scrap value.. the phone shouldn't be seen as an investment if its not expected to generate some future economic benefits. If you will be using the phone for a business that requires it, then we can say its an investment.
Re: 14 Things You Can Buy Instead Of The Iphone 7 by datigbogirl: 6:19pm On Sep 08, 2016
SweetyZinta:
God bless dis OP!! grin grin grin grin

For saving you your virginity abi?
Re: 14 Things You Can Buy Instead Of The Iphone 7 by datigbogirl: 6:21pm On Sep 08, 2016
freemeicid:

The 256GB iPhone 7 will cost you $950. At 420 naira to one dollar, you might be better off buying these other things instead.
Arguable the most sought after smartphone in the world has been announced and will be available for sale very soon.

But are you about to spend N400,000 on a smartphone, in this economy, when you can get these instead?

1. DStv subscription for 28 months. Premium PVR sef, you’re covered

2. One and half years’ rent in Egbeda With borehole and mai-guard

3. One plot of land in Ikorodu. Distance doesn’t matter. Ambode will soon fix the road

4. Two plots of land in Ekiti

5. Naija used Honda Baby Boy. Say goodbye to the danfo lifestyle

6. Weekend in Dubai. #DubaiBalling

7. 8 days at Oriental Hotel. Lau-lau spending

8. 1,333 bottles of beer. We be drinking till six in the morning

9. 1,000 packs of small chops.

10. 21 pairs of Adidas Yezzy Boost.

11. 13 Sallah rams. Oya turn up!

12. 40 haircuts from Tbillz’s barber. Flawless friction all day

13. 2,578 litres of petrol. Because scarcity can start any fucking time

14. 3 pieces of London used iPhone 6s

Be guided.

http://thenet.ng/2016/09/14-things-you-can-buy-instead-of-the-iphone-7/

At this conversion rate we havr 400k approximately....

OP are you telling me i can get a plot in ikorodu or 2 plots in ekiti? That's incredible!
Re: 14 Things You Can Buy Instead Of The Iphone 7 by Ultimatesammie(m): 6:21pm On Sep 08, 2016
diva90:

Well different strokes for different peeps! I cannot use any phone that's is not Apple smiley
Whats so special about apple when its not made by the gods, well if one has the money to buy it nd taking that money out wont hurt him or her why not carry on he or she can as well buy more but if one doesnt have that great of an income and has lots of responsibilities i would say getting a phone of that price is very stupid.
Re: 14 Things You Can Buy Instead Of The Iphone 7 by diva90: 6:21pm On Sep 08, 2016
haibe:

Well thats merely a scrap value.. the phone shouldn't be seen as an investment if its not expected to generate some future economic benefits. If you will be using the phone for a business that requires it, then we can say its an investment.

Your opinion!
Re: 14 Things You Can Buy Instead Of The Iphone 7 by haibe(m): 6:22pm On Sep 08, 2016
diva90:

Your opinion!
its not an opinion. Am stating a fact
Re: 14 Things You Can Buy Instead Of The Iphone 7 by diva90: 6:23pm On Sep 08, 2016
Ultimatesammie:

Whats so special about apple when its not made by the gods, well if one has the money to buy it nd taking that money out wont hurt him or her why not carry on he or she can as well buy more but if one doesnt have that great of an income and has lots of responsibilities i would say geting a phone of that price is very stupid.

It's called 'choice' my dear. Same way people can only use Samsung. I hate android phones
Re: 14 Things You Can Buy Instead Of The Iphone 7 by diva90: 6:24pm On Sep 08, 2016
haibe:
its not an opinion. Am stating a fact

It's YOUR OPINION cause I don't agree with it and so do other people I'm sure but then again, I'm not going to spend my precious time going back and forth with you
Re: 14 Things You Can Buy Instead Of The Iphone 7 by Ghost447(m): 6:28pm On Sep 08, 2016
Garshyzee:
ehehehehe....to those that can afford it,all dis stuffs u just post dosent matter...
Yes, to those who can afford it without stress.
Re: 14 Things You Can Buy Instead Of The Iphone 7 by Ultimatesammie(m): 6:32pm On Sep 08, 2016
diva90:

It's called 'choice' my dear. Same way people can only use Samsung. I hate android phones
Yeah true but if those choices might hurt u why go for it, if ure not affluent enough to get something like that reduce ur standards,sacrifice for a cheaper one, in life u cant always get wat u want, if one sticks to a ridiculous notion that whatever he or she wants he or she must have then he or she is in for a ride.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Top 10 Android Apps 2020 / See The Message I Got Tonight :do People Still Fall For This?(photo) / Photo: See What Guys Have Turn Social Media Into

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.