Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

I Am Just Tired Of The Nigerian Church - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Am Just Tired Of The Nigerian Church (4022 Views)

Police Officers Storm "Noisy" Nigerian Church In Detroit USA, Dance With Members / Nigerian Church Uses Nicki Minaj's Photo In Relationship Seminar Poster / I'm Just Tired Of Going To Church! Is This Normal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Just Tired Of The Nigerian Church by emmanuelbrown26: 10:28pm On Sep 11, 2016
kolaish:
why not look for a church that suits your style. There are so many denominations out there that will not drain your pocket, and take u for who you are. Beside worship, which is the aim of the church, my church seeks to improve members standard of living as well. A family church that I always looks forward to attending everytime where EVERYBODY IS SOMEBODY.
whats ur church name
Re: I Am Just Tired Of The Nigerian Church by MarkMiwerds(m): 4:08am On Sep 12, 2016
polymathic:
1. Tithing is scriptural.. forget malachi 3:8 and read Hebrew 7.
2. Tithing is a choice not by force.
3. Have you ask yourself this question? how some churches were built without donation for church building? Thats what your tithe does. Its also used for the work of the ministry and propagation of the gospel.

Tithing is not the only access to God's blessing but its important cos that is the only way the church get funded for the work of the ministry.

NOTE: Any church where the pastor or leader uses the tithe for their personal use can never grow and cannot stay for long.....
Good to know you made the Bible your standard for living and knowing the truth....

1. Hebrews 7 is not speaking of a requried monetary tithe. Hebrews 7 4 speaks of Abram's tithes from the spoils of war. Hebrews 7:5-9 speak of the Levitic tithe according to the Law. The Law said God's holy tithe was to be agricultural, not monetary.
2. In many denominations, people are forced to tithe by being accused of robbing God if they don't and being threatened with a curse if they don't. The only reason they choose to tithe is because they are forced into choosing.
3. In the Bible, God's holy tithe was not used to build churches. It was used to feed those who were poor in the Promised Land; the Levites, the widows, the orphans and foreigners.

Tithing is access to God's blessing? I have to disagree. For one, Romans 8:32 says that God will give us all things freely. He doesn't require a ten percent cover charge for His blessings. All one has to do to receive God's blessings is to ask God to bless him according to His will. James 4:2 says, "Ye have not because ye ask not," not "Ye have not because ye fail to tithe."

If tithing is as important as you claim it is, why is the New Testament epistles so silent on the matter? In Acts 15:28-29, not even the Holy Ghost saw it as something important for the Church. Not even in the Pastoral epistles do we see any instruction for people to give ten percent of their monetary income.to the church.

1 Like

Re: I Am Just Tired Of The Nigerian Church by mrZENographer: 8:20am On Sep 13, 2016
dragunov:

I thought you would say that. I just knew you would be Lazarus Muoka croony from the first sentence you typed. You lot are always full of self righteousness. And the dumbness you guyz exhibit when you wear those annoying jackets and take to the street in hordes creating unnecessary din is something else.

Yes we are full of righteousness and you hate us because you are of the world. And the world is of the devil. And perishes with him.

"If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you."

"If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you."

Digest that.

And our reason for taking to the street is so that people like you will not perish. And we are seeing good results. grin
Re: I Am Just Tired Of The Nigerian Church by mrZENographer: 8:23am On Sep 13, 2016
MarkMiwerds:

1. Hebrews 7 is not speaking of a requried monetary tithe. Hebrews 7 4 speaks of Abram's tithes from the spoils of war. Hebrews 7:5-9 speak of the Levitic tithe according to the Law. The Law said God's holy tithe was to be agricultural, not monetary.
2. In many denominations, people are forced to tithe by being accused of robbing God if they don't and being threatened with a curse if they don't. The only reason they choose to tithe is because they are forced into choosing.
3. In the Bible, God's holy tithe was not used to build churches. It was used to feed those who were poor in the Promised Land; the Levites, the widows, the orphans and foreigners.

Tithing is access to God's blessing? I have to disagree. For one, Romans 8:32 says that God will give us all things freely. He doesn't require a ten percent cover charge for His blessings. All one has to do to receive God's blessings is to ask God to bless him according to His will. James 4:2 says, "Ye have not because ye ask not," not "Ye have not because ye fail to tithe."

First to start with, your posted picture blatantly shows that you are not a believer. So i wonder why a christain should be wasting time with you @ polymatic
Re: I Am Just Tired Of The Nigerian Church by jidxin(m): 9:12am On Sep 13, 2016
Stupedinluv:
angry I got tired of going, now they are disturbing my peace. Asking me why i quit? Why wont i quit a place that has become a breeding ground for foolishness and shyness

I am beginning to dislike Nigerian christians, i am afraid they are making me to.

You will see them thinking rationally on every normal day and everywhere but once they step in to the church, they just pack up their brains. Haba!

The swallow everything mr pastor says and dont bother looking them up in the bible.

Pastor say sow seed, papapa. They drop
Thite; same thing
No questions.

Thats how one brainless girl gave her school fees as seed. For wetin, i chop winsh undecided

"Where is it in the bible?" is my amour. No body can deceive me when i have brain.

The sharp contrast in the Nigerian christian behaviour in the church and in their daily lives, is a sad one.

In their D.lives, they wont even let a kobo drop from their wallets without proper and careful calculation. They must get to the root of why they should let go their doughs, even if they have to carry out an extensive research.

I am just tired of these people who let themselves swindled by people that are not their match in the name of "fearing God and his annointed men"

mtswww

cc seun osewa u need to mind ppl dat u appoint as moderator why would dey push dz senless empty post to Fp...nairaland is really missing it big tym... Nd to d poster i think sumtin is wrong.. Sit down keep calm nd keep ur myopic opinion to ursef
Re: I Am Just Tired Of The Nigerian Church by MarkMiwerds(m): 9:28am On Sep 13, 2016
mrZENographer:

First to start with, your posted picture blatantly shows that you are not a believer. So i wonder why a christain should be wasting time with you @ polymatic
Actually, I am a Believer. I have been preaching the word of God for nearly three decades.There is no command

There is no command for a monetary tithe anywhere in the word of God. In order for one to teach monetary tithing, one has to depart from the word of God.
Re: I Am Just Tired Of The Nigerian Church by Nobody: 4:13pm On Sep 13, 2016
jidxin:
cc seun osewa u need to mind ppl dat u appoint as moderator why would dey push dz senless empty post to Fp...nairaland is really missing it big tym... Nd to d poster i think sumtin is wrong.. Sit down keep calm nd keep ur myopic opinion to ursef

Re: I Am Just Tired Of The Nigerian Church by sageb: 6:19pm On Sep 13, 2016
kolaish:
why not look for a church that suits your style. There are so many denominations out there that will not drain your pocket, and take u for who you are. Beside worship, which is the aim of the church, my church seeks to improve members standard of living as well. A family church that I always looks forward to attending everytime where EVERYBODY IS S yOMEBODY.
pls can you list the churches you know that practice such. churches nowadays is making ppl confuse
Re: I Am Just Tired Of The Nigerian Church by MarkMiwerds(m): 7:12am On Sep 14, 2016
It is a Biblical fact that we have Scripture that commands tithing to Levites living in the Promised Land. But there is not one single Scripture that states one is to tithe to an Apostle, pastor, elder, or bishop of a New Testament Church.

Many claim that tithing is valid based on the following verse…

Hebrews 7:8 And here men that die receive tithes; but there he receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth.

Here, men that die receive tithes. Who are the men that die that receive tithes? Many automatically assume that this is referring to pastoral staff in the local Church. It is not. Rather, it is referring to the sons of Levi. Notice,…

Hebrews 7:5 And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham:

Who are the receivers of the tithe in Hebrews 7:8? The sons of Levi in Hebrews 7:5. They have the command to receive the tithes. So, naturally, they receive them.

And what tithes do the sons of Levi receive? The tithes according to the Law.

Leviticus 27:30-34 And all the tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land, or of the fruit of the tree, is the LORD’S: it is holy unto the LORD. And if a man will at all redeem ought of his tithes, he shall add thereto the fifth part thereof. And concerning the tithe of the herd, or of the flock, even of whatsoever passeth under the rod, the tenth shall be holy unto the LORD. He shall not search whether it be good or bad, neither shall he change it: and if he change it at all, then both it and the change thereof shall be holy; it shall not be redeemed. These are the commandments, which the LORD commanded Moses for the children of Israel in mount Sinai.

1. They receive the tithes of the seed of the land. This is speaking of garden produce. Food for the sustenance of the workers of the Temple and for their sustenance at home as well because among the children of Israel they have no inheritance.

2. They receive tithes of the fruit of the tree. This is speaking of that which grows on trees, such as pomegranates, dates and figs. Again, for the sustenance of the workers of the Temple and for their sustenance at home.

3. They receive tithes of the livestock in Israel. Animals born in the flocks and herds, were to be tithed from. Every tenth animal to pass under the herder’s counting rod.

4. They were to receive tithes of the children of Israel. There was no command for peoples of Gentile nations to travel to Israel to tithe. Nor was there a command from God for peoples of Gentile nations to tithe in their own lands. God gave the tithe to the Levites.

Numbers 18:24 But the tithes of the children of Israel, which they offer as an heave offering unto the LORD, I have given to the Levites to inherit: therefore I have said unto them, Among the children of Israel they shall have no inheritance.

Numbers 18:26 Thus speak unto the Levites, and say unto them, When ye take of the children of Israel the tithes which I have given you from them for your inheritance, then ye shall offer up an heave offering of it for the LORD, even a tenth part of the tithe.

Numbers 18:28 Thus ye also shall offer an heave offering unto the LORD of all your tithes, which ye receive of the children of Israel; and ye shall give thereof the LORD’S heave offering to Aaron the priest.

The tithes “according to the Law” were agricultural.” There is no other type of tithe commanded in the word of God.

The tithes “He receiveth” are the tithes “according to the Law.” He is not the one commanding or demanding the monetary tithe that men preach in religious institutions today. He never authorize man to preach or teach the monetary tithe requirement doctrine.
Re: I Am Just Tired Of The Nigerian Church by jidxin(m): 3:48pm On Sep 14, 2016
Stupedinluv:
just pity sum1 whoz gon marry sum1 lyk u...i rest my case
Re: I Am Just Tired Of The Nigerian Church by Nobody: 10:53pm On Sep 14, 2016
jidxin:
just pity sum1 whoz gon marry sum1 lyk u...i rest my case

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Last TRUMP And The ARCHANGEL MICHAEL (bride Of Christ, Wake Up) / Why I Converted To Islam- Emmanuel Adebayo, All Time Togolese Best Footballer / Is It Wrong To Brush In The Morning When Fasting?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.