Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,453 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

Letter Of Administration. I Need Advise. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Letter Of Administration. I Need Advise. (3326 Views)

See Advise Woman Received After She Caught Her Husband Assaulting Her Sister / Lawyers In The House I Need Letter Of Administration. / Please I Need Advise!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Letter Of Administration. I Need Advise. by Legend87(m): 4:12pm On Sep 09, 2016
Hello, please, i need advises, opinions and suggestions from people with such experiences and ideas.
I don't know if this is the right section, but please, Mods, push it to the right place if i'm lost.
I know this might sound impatient, but there's a reason for it..
I've been pursuing a letter of Administration relating to my late dad who's a retired army officer. Although, i can say i'm in the last stage, but i just feel the given time is too far for me to wait base on this current time we're facing.
While i said last stage, After getting a Lawyer, paid for publication and also the required amount paid into the state's Probate Account, i was asked to come back after 21 days of publication. One month later, i got a message that the publication is out via the Nigeria Tribune News Paper. I went & bought 2 copies as directed. fast forward to 21days, i was asked to come with to sureties along with their none expired documents of Either a vehicle or C of O.
I scrabbled to get them. After that, i was given a later to the bank. At the bank, they checked the account balance and asked me to go back to the court that they'll reply the court. Two days later, i went to the court, and upon comfirming there's money in the account, i was asked to go and make a littles payment into the probate account. I hurriedly went to pay it and came back with the teller. My people, what i heard made me go moody. I was asked to come by by November to check if the letter is ready.
Things are hard, i have a littles sister i'm training in school. Honestly, November is very far considering the state of the economy.
Just today, someone told me he couldn't wait for such time when he went through such ordeal and resorted to negotiating with the bank manager. Although, i doubt if such a thing can happen. But if truly, it can, i don't mind doing so. Secondly, if i eventualy wait till the given time, after getting the letter, how do i go about other stuff, Such as his Gratuities from the Nigerian Army. And Houses in Both Enugu and Delta?
Advise needed please.
Re: Letter Of Administration. I Need Advise. by prettigurl16(f): 2:05pm On Sep 10, 2016
If you were asked to wait till November, then wait till November. Things like these are not done in a hurry.
The big question is what would you have done if he didn't die? That alternative is what you should concern yourself with right now.

1 Like

Re: Letter Of Administration. I Need Advise. by jtkoko9(f): 2:20pm On Sep 10, 2016
Collecting deceased benefit is not an easy task especially with the public sector. I worked with a Pension company and trust me when I say it's not an easy task. LOA is one of the easiest documents to process.
Re: Letter Of Administration. I Need Advise. by lanreunlimited(m): 12:14am On Nov 16, 2018

(1) (Reply)

'I Want To Fight My Neighbor For Sending His Unfaithful Wife Packing' (pictures) / My Fiancé Is Tied To His Mum’s Apron Strings! / You Will Drop Tears After Reading This. A Must Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.