Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,751 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] - Literature (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] (168670 Views)

Story That Touches The Soul. / Life Of A Star (a Celebrity Story) / To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by Ehmjay(m): 8:21am On Mar 11, 2018
Lolx Glad to see yhu back...Been actually waiting for update since god knows wen
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by marianneada(f): 8:52am On Mar 11, 2018
Thank God u're back dear, sorry about d accident, can't wait for more updates
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by Onyenso100(m): 7:20am On Mar 12, 2018
trying to comply two lety chapter to release that. why i couldnt update yeasterdy expect it today
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by favch(f): 8:46pm On Mar 13, 2018
waiting too,whr art thou
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by Ifeayomide(f): 9:50pm On Mar 18, 2018
Pls complete d story nw
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by Onyenso100(m): 11:03pm On Mar 19, 2018
Soon
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by Onyenso100(m): 9:20am On Jul 28, 2018
OVER EVERYONE!!! I WANT TO KNOW, HOW MANY PPLE MISS THIS STORY
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by Mukhtar20(m): 6:50pm On Jul 28, 2018
i miss this story so much
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by inonmee: 7:25pm On Jul 28, 2018
Onyenso100:
OVER EVERYONE!!! I WANT TO KNOW, HOW MANY PPLE MISS THIS STORY
I miss it oooo
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by Omolola713: 11:57pm On Jul 28, 2018
Why she no finish am na
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by Chizim1: 10:18am On Aug 17, 2018
So many people miss the story, i even lost the story just yesterday i recovered d topic please continue
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by Onyenso100(m): 8:06pm On Nov 10, 2018
CHAPTER 43

once again i felt like a rat in a cage not knowing the way out. i tried to open my mouth but bubbles of air blocked my wind pipe. all i did was look down to my designer shoes victor bought for me as a walcom back present as if the answer to the girl's question was there.
i was in a trans for some minute untill mom brought me back.

MOM: chinaza( my igbo name which she calls me when she is upset or in a bad mood) what is she talking about
ME: i dont know ma(almost murmuring while fighting the air bubble in my speech pipe)
GIRL: really? are you sure you are not the one? ( searching for something on her phone. my guess a picture).

what is the deal with this girl, i thought to myself, cant she just buy whatever it is she wanted and leave my poor life alone.
ME: i think you are mistaking me for another( i lied)
GIRL: ok maybe, just that you look very much like her see(showing me a picture on her phone which was a picture people took of me with fancy in the class room laughing)
MOM: my duaghter let me see

there and then i knew my secret was out. i couldnt look my mom in the face and ly i have never done b4 and if i try now i might just flouter.
mom look at the picture for some seconds then towards me with a stright face, you lady tell me what happen the eleven month you didnt come home or called.
i became silent,i knew i couldnt ly effectively again,tears have aready gethered round my eye and any attempt to speak might lead to an outburst
is it not you am talking to young lady my mom said almost screaming but as soon as i tried to open my mouth i busrted into tear.
MOM: (after letting me sob for few seconds) will stop this nonsesen and get your self togther. you are a teenager no more so stop mess yourself up in public.

my mom look up and noticed the girl was still standing there.
MOM: can i help with any other thing
GIRL: no ma(now taking her leave)

after the girl lift my mom sat down beside me staring at me. after sometime she used the edge of her wrappers to dry the tears from my face. i was ready to tell her everything but as soon as i tried to open my mouth to talk she placed a finger on my lip. sshhii !! calm your navs ,just drink you malt,we have a lot to discuss and it cant be done here. beside duo you are all grown but you havent changed much you are stii the cry cry baby so i dont want another outburst. we laughed with traces of tears still in my eye.

we were stiil laughing when a mail man walked up to us and ask of mrs appolonia okeke. my mom recieved the latter and open it shortly after the man left
"never" she screamed. "over my dead body".

1 Like

Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by Onyenso100(m): 8:31pm On Nov 10, 2018
sorry cos of the so many typo erros. i formed and wrote this last chapter directly to nairaland i didnt even know this chapter would look like this when i started it. so b a little mild in ur critics
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by do4luv14(m): 8:41pm On Nov 10, 2018
Onyenso100:
sorry cos of the so many typo erros. i formed and wrote this last chapter directly to nairaland i didnt even know this chapter would look like this when i started it. so b a little mild in ur critics

no probs hope you are back for good

1 Like

Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by Onyenso100(m): 8:56pm On Nov 10, 2018
do4luv14:

no probs hope you are back for good
yeah i am bk to finish what i started
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by do4luv14(m): 9:56am On Nov 11, 2018
Onyenso100:
yeah i am bk to finish what i started

thanks, GODBLESS you,

1 Like

Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by Onyenso100(m): 7:42pm On Nov 13, 2018
CHAPTER 44

ME: what is it (looking curious)
MOM: after all this years,after all they did to me,
ME: (getting more confused) mom what happened i asked while taking the latter from her and started reading

***** CONTENT OF THE LETTER******

our wife, a snake seen by one man can be mistaken for a python so that is why the elderly heads of okeke family invite you to an urgent family meeting with regard to your late husband secret which we learnt about recently. as a matter of urgency the meeting is sheduled tomorow 24 oct 20**. so for the short notice but indefu to come.

OKEKE FAMILY

it all like a news to me. all my life i have lived with my mom as the only family i had and knewn .so hearing about my extended family, i didnt know how to feel.
i folded the letter neatly and gave it back to my mom. i just stared at her as she just mumured to herself. i didnt know what to say cos i was lost of words myself,i never knew much about them only stories so i wouldnt explain how my feel.
they are just looking for another way to humilate me again. that can never ,not in this life(my mom fumed )after all this year,what secret,who do they take me for. a child,talking to no one in particular.mom it okay. let it be for now please.

she looked at me,hissed and instantly kept mute.just then a guy and a lady walked in holding hands and laughing my guess is that they were lovers .and they looked happy. my mom left to attened to them.but i couldnt take my eye off them as they smile and touch each other. if love can bring this kind of joy why is my different. right from the time i fall in love its being from one problem to another. i became lost in thought as people started trooping in out of the shop. i lost the track of time as i gradually dose off to sleep.
i felt a tap on my shoulder.mummy wake up. i forced my eyes open even duo i still felt sleeply. i joined my mom as i help her lock up her shop and we boarded a bike home.

at home everything had changed. our once shabby house has recive renovational touches. the roof have been changed from the old zine sheet i used to know to an alumuim sheet. it had been painted what thrilled me the most was my room. everything had been changed and pink which was my favourite colour was used as the paint. i was thrilled,how come about all this,my mom new found finacial status in just 11months i was away. i guess with time she would tell me everything. so immdiately i got home,i got rid of my cloths and took the most refreshing bath the world had never had. i later came out where mom brought out a light dinner of fried plantain,egg and a cup of creamy tea. i was not hugery so i just played with the food whiling away time hoping my mom would open up a disscusion cause there was so many thing i need to know. but she never did. she just kept to herself i guess that letter she received puted her in a bad mood. after the meal she just got up and bid me goodnite and left to her room. i cleaned up the table and retaired to my room.

i was barely asleep when i heard a knock.the my mom walked in and sat at the side of my bed.

MOM: mummy get up i need to talk to you. my dear, left for me, i would have never gone to to your father people for anything even if my life depend on it. but it is selfish and ur father would never forgive me if i deny you your root. so tomorrow i would take you to your family.
i thanked and hugged her as she smile kiss my forehead and bid goodnight before she left.
when she left i started thinking of how member of my extented family would look like,wheter i had cousin my age and many other thing corncernig them. i just thought and thouht till sleep kidnap me.

2 Likes

Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by do4luv14(m): 8:46pm On Nov 13, 2018
Thanks onyenso100, thanks for coming back, thuo you have lost most of ur fans, keep the update coming, soon they will discover and return again,

by the way, whats yout timeline for updating

1 Like

Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by Onyenso100(m): 9:47pm On Nov 13, 2018
do4luv14:
Thanks onyenso100, thanks for coming back, thuo you have lost most of ur fans, keep the update coming, soon they will discover and return again,

by the way, whats yout timeline for updating
i wud try to update evert night
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by do4luv14(m): 10:13pm On Nov 13, 2018
Onyenso100:
i wud try to update evert night

that wiuld be great
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by Chizim1: 11:09pm On Nov 13, 2018
Mr onyi welcome back thank you 4 the up-date
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by do4luv14(m): 5:26pm On Nov 17, 2018
Onyenso100 where art thou,
hope say you Neva go awol again oooo,

come update nah
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by Onyenso100(m): 8:50pm On Nov 19, 2018
do4luv14:
Onyenso100 where art thou,
hope say you Neva go awol again oooo,

come update nah
would update to night and this core of this story revoles on this chapter so it got to be epic
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by iammee(f): 9:00pm On Nov 19, 2018
update now
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by do4luv14(m): 9:09pm On Nov 19, 2018
Onyenso100:
would update to night and this core of this story revoles on this chapter so it got to be epic

am looking forward then
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by Onyenso100(m): 11:03pm On Nov 19, 2018
CHAPTER 45

i woke very early cause i couldnt sleep much. today i see the other part of my family for the first time in many years. i didnt know how to feel. i wasnt happy neither was i sad. well come to think of it,this was the same family that rejected and cast me out all because of their greed and selfishness so dont blame me when i say i had mixed feelings. i was a bit confused and dare need of pieces of advice. so i picked my phone and placed a call to my only friend sarah.

SARAH: (picked after the first beep) lady beauty i thought you have totally forgot about me
ME: (laughing) is that even possible
SARAH: i dont know you tell me
ME: deary it not possible for a man to run with blindfolds. you are a part of me that i can never forget.

go away!! sarah said in a small wishpers voice but my guess was that it was for someone in the room.

ME: where are you, and who is there with you.
SARAH: first dont be mad at me for not telling you before going . i travelled with morgan to his village to see his people.
ME: really? how are they, did they know what went down between us and their late daughter, how did they react to it.
SARAH: woo! slow down girl one question at a time. first morgan said i should keep quiet about that matter. that he will tell them on his own time and on his own terms. but baby am scard.
ME: why? did anything happen.
SARAH: nothing have happened so far
ME: is morgan with you there
SARAH: no he left the room.
ME: so tell why are you scard
SARAH: yeasterday when morgan first introduced me to his father, he was happy to see me. but after we settle down,bath,had a change of cloths and eat he called morgan to his room and they had a very lengthy talk. ever since then morgan have been behaving strange. i didnt know what they discuss but it was powerful enough to change his mood and got him thinking
ME: have you tried talking to him in order to know what the problem is.
SARAH: i have tried to get him to talk to me, but he couldnt let me in. i tried but he completely shut me out.

i heard a knock on my door and my mom called from the other side of the door. come in i said. my mom then opened the door and walked in fully dressed but was surprise to see me still in my sleeping wear lying down.
instantly i ended the call and jumped out of bed to avoid been screamed at.
MOM: (in an angry tone) young lady, what are you still doing in bed by this time of the morning when we have somewhere important to be.
ME: am sorry ma, i woke late.just give me just 20 minutes i join you outside.

my mom just sighed and left. just like the flash i race to the bath room and came out in no time. before one could finish saying jack thompson i was fully dressed in a fine blue gucci flaw gown that reveiw all my youthful curves. and looking at the mirror while applying my usually light make up i was reassured i still got the kind of looks any guy could kill for. i later packed a few things into my blue gucci pulse which was among the gift victor gave me before i came home.

when i walked out, my mom whom i thought would be boling with anger just smiled on seeing.

MOM: mummy you look beautiful but we are just going for a vist not your traditional wedding for you to look this beautiful.

i just laughed. mom can we just go.

a scientist once said everyone living on earth is intertwind. you never meet someone by mistake. it was fated right from the start for to meet with him or her. so try as much as possible to treat everyone around you with love cause the person you see today can be your saviour tomorrow. the turn of event at late father compound showed me how true this saying is.
keep a date with me tomorrow and know twist of event that went down at the okeke family compound,
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by tyreal(f): 10:34am On Nov 21, 2018
No update as promised
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by Onyenso100(m): 6:16pm On Nov 23, 2018
update loading
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by daisidavid(m): 10:22pm On Nov 23, 2018
Upload jor□■□■●●●○• like d story though
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by Onyenso100(m): 9:48pm On Dec 10, 2018
for all those expecting an update, here is the good news,
in 1 night in just 5 minutes 10 explosive X'mas gift chapter updates
believe me what you asked is what you get.
keep a date on X'mas eve 24 night from 8:30-8:35
mark your carlinda now

#EXPLOSIVE NIGHT OF UPDATE !!!
don't miss it
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by Onyenso100(m): 9:49pm On Dec 10, 2018
to wet your appetite here is an update
Re: THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] by Onyenso100(m): 9:51pm On Dec 10, 2018
CHAPTER 46

gradually i opened my eyes everywhere was still dark to me. my whole body was on fire cause of the pain i feel all over. my head had a serious bandage around it and it hurt like hell.
someone was holding and caressing my left palm in his. i gently turn to met the face and sparkling eyes of a handsome guy staring at me.
who are you, i queried weakly . he looked at me strangely. where are am i. i tired to get up but the sharp pain made groaned instantly. no don't do that, he said. trying to hold me down. i gently flew his hands away. where are am i,what is happened to me? why do I feel pains all over. you are in a hospital he said. hospital? hospital? what am i doing in a hospital, how did i get here? my dear cool it down. he said. what happened to me.

he exhaled. you were hit by a hit and run car but thank God a good samaritian brought you in. who are you. i asked again .. really?jenifer you want to start that now,right here .he said a little pissed. so my name is Jenifer sorry if you get offended .is just that i don't remember anything apart from one name oserewenda. who is that?
he was about to speak when the door flew open and a damsel dressed like in white rope I guess she was the doctor walked in

DOCTOR: mr francies i thought you left.
FANCY: no i couldn't ( he said looking at me lying down)
she smiled and looked towards me
DOCTOR: oh my dear you are awake
ME: MY head is on fire.
DOCTOR: mr francies who do you say you were to her again.
FANCY: am a friend
DOCTOR: (she exhaled) have you been able to contact any of her immidate family?
FANCY: i dont know her immidate family but i have reached out to a friend who knows. they would be here any minute.
ME: (groaned) doctor how did i get here
FANCY: she cant remember a thing.
DOCTOR: (exhaled) thank God. it could have been worst.
FANCY: what do you mean
DOCTOR: when she had the accident and fall down she landed with her head heavyly on the ground which caused serious brain damage. at first i thought she might run the risk of going in sane but thank Gos it just amnesia.
FANCY: would she ever recover her memory again.
DOCTOR: i think she might but i dont think is any time soon but her best chance is with the people who loved and care deeply for her so is best you get her family here.
ME: can you guys stop ignoring me.
DOCTOR: my dear what do you remember
ME: i dont remember anything. only oserewenda.
DOCTOR: (to fancy) who is oserewenda
FANCY: ( looked down) she was someone she had a fall out.
DOCTOR: that person must have a strong effect on her for to remember only her as her strongest memory she couldn't lose. where is the lady in question.
FANCY: the fall out lead to the death of the lady.
DOCTOR /ME: (in unionisn) what !!
DOCTOR: what do you mean
FANCY: is a long story

just then the door flew open and a young lady raced in followed by a woman who can be said to be an older version of me and a young man behind them. the woman had tears in her eyes. oh my Go! am finished oooo!! . nkem efuola!!! doctor what happen to my baby.
DOCTOR: i presume you are her mother
MOM: yes iam.how is she? what happened to her? would she be alright? eehh!!! am finished ooh!!!
DOCTOR: she was brought here unconscious and was reported to have been hit by a car.though her injury was serious but by the grace of God she would be find.

my mom walked up to me and sat by my bedside crying.
mummy how are you? she asked with tears rolling down her face. when i looked at her face i saw pure love in her eyes and even if i don't remember her anymore i knew somewhere within me that i meant the world to her. i felt the urge to ignore the pain i felt all over my body and just hug her as if my life depends on it. but since i couldn't cause of all the pain, the best i could do was at least make her worry herself less .

gradually i moved my hand and placed it on hers this caught her attension she looked down to my face, then I notice tears was now flowing flequently down her face.

ME: dont cry!! am going to be fine and well again soon so don't worry.
MOM: (used the back of her palm to wipe her tears)your friend here sarah told me everything that transpired between you and oserewenda
DOCTOR: madam you might have to turn it down a notch. she has amnesia so she don't remember a thing about her past life.
MOM/SARAH: (in unionism) what?
MOM: am finished. the goats have eaten the palm leaves off my head. oh my God !! my enemies would laugh at me.
DOCTOR: is ok. she might still recover her again. all she needs is love and care through this her trying times. with that she would get through.

mom looked at me. why did you run off? what happen wasnt your fault, you never asked for such complicated relationship, if there is someone to blame, i am, for keeping you away from your root all this years, i did wrong. i let my anger cloud my reasoning. if you knew your family before now perhaps things wouldn't have gotten this bad and perhaps things wouldn't have gone south . am sorry i failed in my duty as a mother to you. please forgive me.

i was just lying down, staring at her and listening to those preicing words drop from her mouth without having a clue of what she was saying but her deep words got to me.

ME: are talking about oserewenda. they say she died because of me.
MOM: no don't say that. her death wasnt your fault
ME: do you know what happened. please tell me all, dont leave anything out.
DOCTOR: my dear i don't think is a good idea. it might lead to more physcological break down.
MOM: mummy just let it be for now .
ME: no i want to hear it. am fine really i can handle it.

my mom turned and looked at fancy then ask me who is he? . his name is francies, he is the young man at the center of it all .the young lady who came with her spoke for the first time since they walked in.
ME: center of what all?
MOM: (got up from the bed) wait are the fancy that has cause so much trouble in my family. what are you doing here,haven't you done enough,
she made to charge at him but was stop by the young man that walked in with them.
she started crying, look at my baby, she is like this because she meet you, is Ok the young man said again. don't this here at least not in front of her (pointing at me) .
ME: can someone explain what is going on here . how did Francis play a role in my current predicament

THE YOUNG MAN: my dear is a long story, when the time is right you would get to know all that happenbed
ME: no I want to hear it now.
SARAH : are you sure you can handle it,it really complicated.
ME: let me just hear it right now.

sarah sat on the other side of my bed then took my Palm in hers as she prepare to tell me what I longed to hear.

SARAH: when I first meet you at the bank where we went to pay our school fees, everyone including me was rushing and trying to pay their fees first, I turned back and saw you sitting at the Conner of the bank quietly while staring at us. at first I paid less attention to you but after I paid for my fees and was about to leave

suddenly I started to feel funny, the heartbeat monitor spiked and started beeping, I being to feel my windpipe tightening up and instantly I started convosing before I finally blacked out.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

unHOLY MATRIMONY / Unplanned Love (imaginary Love Story) / Two Years To Thirty(short Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.