Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,457 members, 7,819,667 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? (3249 Views)

Mark Zuckerberg Was NEVER An Atheist In The First Place . / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by HMZi: 11:29pm On Sep 10, 2016
Smh4u...end times.
Re: Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by EyeHateGod: 12:26am On Sep 11, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Bill Gate is not an atheist
Are u not the one we corrected about this the other time? Oh i forgot ignorance! My bad sorry o

1 Like

Re: Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by EyeHateGod: 12:28am On Sep 11, 2016
@op u are becoming a Deist Well good for u! Cause Theism racks Foolishness ESP Christianity Cause most of them are Hypocrite
Re: Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by Funjosh(m): 2:22am On Sep 11, 2016
Seun:
This is awesome. Know that you are not alone.

undecided undecided undecided
Re: Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:34am On Sep 11, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Are u not the one we corrected about this the other time? Oh i forgot ignorance! My bad sorry o

Bill Gate is not an atheist .
Re: Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:43am On Sep 11, 2016
Nigayoyo:
Bro, Welcome back to the world of logical reasoning! well, you were once an atheist when you were born but your family and the society indoctrinated you!

How was he an atheist when he was born And how is atheism a "world of logical reasoning" . Do you know what logical reasoning is ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by hopefulLandlord: 8:00am On Sep 11, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Bill Gate is not an atheist .

Re: Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:06am On Sep 11, 2016
hopefulLandlord:
-

Look at this KingEbukaNaija wannabe undecided . Dump those memes and start using your brain to reason . I know atheists don't know what that means but give it a try smiley . You'll thank me later .
Re: Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by onetrack(m): 8:36am On Sep 11, 2016
OP as a doubter you are on step two of recovery:

Church goer----->Doubter----->Deist---->Skeptic---->Agnostic---->Atheist

Some people don't make it all the way to the last step but any progress is good progress. cool

2 Likes

Re: Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by hopefulLandlord: 8:56am On Sep 11, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Look at this KingEbukaNaija wannabe undecided . Dump those memes and start using your brain to reason . I know atheists don't know what that means but give it a try smiley . You'll thank me later .

Re: Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:07am On Sep 11, 2016
onetrack:

Some people don't make it all the way to the last step but any progress is good progress. cool

You said "Church goer " - this clearly means he only takes perfunctory visits to the church and not that he knows Christ or has personal relationship with Christ . You can't become a recreant if you have the knowledge of God - no longer having a belief in God .

Strike out "Deist" as a stage of transition - deism involves seeing God's existence from a different perspective , a more intellectual perspective .I strongly doubt that a mere church goer would become a deist .

Also be specific about skepticism because deists and agnostics are usually religious skeptics . But in its general sense , agnostics are purely skeptics since they believe atheism should be questioned too .

And I don't agree that agnosticism progresses to atheism . Agnosticism has to do with being ambivalent on God's existence . Since agnosticism questions both atheism and theism , an agnostic could become an atheist or a theist - a Christian in this case - or back to deism . If an agnostic becomes an atheist its more likely due to emotions or pressure . If he becomes a Christian , its more likely because he witnessed God's intervention and he is certain about his experience . If he becomes a deist , its more likely he admitted to the existence of God from a sapient perspective.

A flow chart would be a more appropriate and logical but intricate representation of a probable transition .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:10am On Sep 11, 2016
hopefulLandlord:
-

That's all bro
Re: Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by raphieMontella: 10:48am On Sep 11, 2016
mrZENographer:

It's not your fault. its the fault of those pastors who only preach Faith and prosperity. The purpose of going to church is to draw closer to God and ensure you are living a righteous life, prepared for eternity.

And why mention that? If you don't oppose them then you will join them.
Don't deceive yourself because...... you know it's true and that's where you're headed. Unfortunate.

I invite you to The Lord's Chosen Charismatic Revival Movement Church@Ijesha Bustop Oshodi Expressway, where great miracles happen and God is transforming lives and preparing souls for eternity.
lol.warrisdis?
Re: Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by Demmzy15(m): 10:58am On Sep 11, 2016
Op try Islam, you'll be amazed. Just delve and research it with an unbiased mind, when doing so don't have in your mind perceptions and misconceptions you had just go in with a pure mind.

Peace!

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by ireneony(f): 11:17am On Sep 11, 2016
Mcowubaba:
I don't understand what has been happening, I no longer do the following
1) Listen to pastors preach on the bus or roadside, because most atimes the will ask for offering or pledges after their sermon.
2) I don't oppose gays neither do I endorse them

3) Going to Church regularly, I have attended different churches in recent times, hoping to find a good one, but the all have the same strategic planning- great sermon/Bible exposition, great offerings and fund raising. Offerings have different names and titles, Thanksgiving, adoration, firstfruits, last fruit, Televangelism, Charity, Tithe, worship and prosperity offering , even fasting offering shocked all this offerings in this Buhari's administration.

Now...
I'm thinking more logically than Religiously, calling a Spade a Spade. Not being Politically correct, the Touch don't my annoited syndrome of most so called Christians.
Pastor dey Bleep up, u no go condemn am, u go dey reason Touch not the annoited, who annoit am grin

Anyway, I Pray to have the Zeal, good guidance and passion for Christianity...
Churches are not encouraging me

Ps... I am not broke or stingy about offering, but I don't wanna fund the next Private Jet of a Nigerian pastor
lol. grin funny you

1 Like

Re: Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by plaetton: 1:06pm On Sep 11, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

. . Because you don't understand some tenants of Christianity does not mean God does not exist .

Lol.
See the arrogance!

Because he doesn't understand some tenants of Christianity ? shocked

And we assume that you do ?
Re: Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by plaetton: 1:18pm On Sep 11, 2016
rexlims:
@op, I feel u. presently I am in dis state of mind where I dont see d Importance of going to church, studying d bible and lots more. I try to reason every actions and inactions from a logical point of view.
my wife, parents and siblings are all worried at dis change of attitude. I try to explain to them dat I love God. but doubt cos I dnt go to church. I dnt hv much but I hv equally accepted dat I cant hv evrytin in dis world as a person. I hv been to so many churches but it is d same msg- tithe, seed sowing, u nt prospering cos u are nt paying tithe etc. it makes me start thinking if God is to b paid before he blesses sum one.
From the beginning, to the present, with God, all scams are possible.

It makes you wonder, if the religion, the belief and worship of God, is a tool for every conceivable scam and other evils, then obviously, the perpetrators of such scams would know within themselves that the very notion of God is itself a scam.

In other words, the perpetrators of religious scams, from Prophets, pastors, imams, priests, gurus, etc, are the worst forms of atheists, because knowing that there is no skydaddy, they use pretences to scam the needy and gullible public.

Therefore, we can't just ignore the scams and focus directly on belief in God.
The scams are directly connected and speak soooo much about the belief in God and the very notion of the existence of God.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Sep 11, 2016
Ahh; the tossing and turning; the doubts; the what the heck happened to my firebrand life

A Very confusing stage I tell you.
Re: Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by plaetton: 1:44pm On Sep 11, 2016
Mcowubaba:

We are just alike now...
Exactly the same thoughts...
Nigerian Pastors are leading more people into condemnation than righteousness.
I have explored/toured various Churches (Orthodox, pentecostal, spiritual, etc) all the same Money Money Money.....
Sow a seed, Sow a seed, First Fruit, Second Fruit, last Fruit, Basket of blessings, harvest etc. Are this Pastors are Farmers grin

Ignorance of history is one of the things that keep Africans glued to these throw-away relics of European pasts.

It only ignorant, badly educated Africans that still believe that religion is a force for good.
History tells us the exact opposite.

The history of Christianity is so shameful that the Europeans hardly talk about, let alone take Church and religion seriously in their day to day lives.

The history of Islam, cantankerous, bloody, to say the least.

Mangoes CANNOT grow from Desert Cactus tree.

The modern day practice of Christianity must of necessity be true to its origins, its DNA.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by plaetton: 1:51pm On Sep 11, 2016
onetrack:

That's why I say that atheism is not a rejection , but an ACCEPTANCE, an acceptance of reality.
And it takes a long process to come to that acceptance.
Many never make it that far.
But, it is not compulsory that they do.

Unshackling oneself from the bandage of religious beliefs is good enough.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:09pm On Sep 11, 2016
plaetton:

Lol.
See the arrogance!

Because he doesn't understand some tenants of Christianity ? shocked

And we assume that you do ?

Haaa sir !!! That was not arrogance o grin .
Re: Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by Seun(m): 2:12pm On Sep 11, 2016
honourhim:
I know why i put the word useless. Everything about that word i wrote there is concerning atheism. I am not talking about achievement because it wasnt atheism that made Seun to start nairaland and get to where he is now. He wasnt even an atheist when he started this nairaland business.
I had been an atheist for years when I started Nairaland. Please stop lying for Jesus. tongue

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:18pm On Sep 11, 2016
plaetton:

Ignorance of history is one of the things that keep Africans glued to these throw-away relics of European pasts.

It only ignorant, badly educated Africans that still believe that religion is a force for good.
History tells us the exact opposite.

The history of Christianity is so shameful that the Europeans hardly talk about, let alone take Church and religion seriously in their day to day lives.

The history of Islam, cantankerous, bloody, to say the least.

Mangoes CANNOT grow from Desert Cactus tree.

The modern day practice of Christianity must of necessity be true to its origins, its DNA.

Sir I reasoned like you and begot this thread :

https://www.nairaland.com/3286519/communist-leaders-killed-millions-because
Re: Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Sep 11, 2016
honourhim:

I dont give money to those preachers in the bus. I dont fall for those offerings you mentioned above. I dont believe that Jesus presence is restricted to any church. I do attend church and i see it simply as the assembling of ourselves as the bible puts it. Any other attachments anybody is making to make his church look more special than the others dont trip me. I am not an attheist and i will never be(by the grace of God).
Only you can tell why you are suddenly developing inferiority complex towards the atheists simply because you are trying to reason out certain issues in christianity. I reason out things too, i question some christian practices and teachings in my church and in other churches but I AM HAPPY TO BE A CHILD OF GOD. I AM NOT INFERIOR TO ANY USELESS ATHEISTS.
[

I perceive inferiority complex here...
Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
Deeds! Not belief makes a man.
Re: Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by ValentineMary(m): 4:19pm On Sep 11, 2016
OP these days I no longer advocate atheism rather I advocate rational thinking. Looking at the universe for what it really is and not what makes us feel good.

Because there are somethings we don't yet understand does not give us liberty to believe anything anybody tells us. Else our brain would be up for grabs by any religious or political leader that comes around.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by UyiIredia(m): 5:25pm On Sep 11, 2016
Seun:
This is awesome. Know that you are not alone.

But he's not an atheist. In fact the OP is still a Christian. You must have just read the title and reaponded. You didn't read the OP.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by Seun(m): 5:51pm On Sep 11, 2016
UyiIredia:
But he's not an atheist. In fact the OP is still a Christian.
Every step towards rationality is beneficial and worth celebrating. Some people never get there but still enjoy some of the benefits.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by Justeenaleo(f): 6:16pm On Sep 11, 2016
Mcowubaba:
I don't understand what has been happening, I no longer do the following
1) Listen to pastors preach on the bus or roadside, because most atimes the will ask for offering or pledges after their sermon.
2) I don't oppose gays neither do I endorse them

3) Going to Church regularly, I have attended different churches in recent times, hoping to find a good one, but the all have the same strategic planning- great sermon/Bible exposition, great offerings and fund raising. Offerings have different names and titles, Thanksgiving, adoration, firstfruits, last fruit, Televangelism, Charity, Tithe, worship and prosperity offering , even fasting offering shocked all this offerings in this Buhari's administration.

Now...
I'm thinking more logically than Religiously, calling a Spade a Spade. Not being Politically correct, the Touch don't my annoited syndrome of most so called Christians.
Pastor dey Bleep up, u no go condemn am, u go dey reason Touch not the annoited, who annoit am grin

Anyway, I Pray to have the Zeal, good guidance and passion for Christianity...
Churches are not encouraging me.

Ps... I am not broke or stingy about offering, but I don't wanna fund the next Private Jet of a Nigerian pastor
oga you are still a Christian, you neither oppose nor endorse gays because its not the job of a Christian to judge. The fact that you don't get carried away by the sweet talking 'men of gods' is because you are making use of the sense that God gave you. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by Justeenaleo(f): 6:20pm On Sep 11, 2016
Being logical and making use of your sense does not make you an atheist.

1 Like

Re: Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by Mcowubaba: 6:39pm On Sep 11, 2016
Justeenaleo:
Error
Actually being very logical and using ur sense is a great step towards Atheism...
Because logically there are lots of Proposed redolent Fallacies in the Bible but Christians are indoctrinated not to doubt the Holy scriptures .
For instance, logically: feeding of Four Thousand nd five Thousand people with few bread and fishes as recorded in Matthew Gospel is not feasible, but as Christians we are told that is MIRACLE
Red sea division
Walking on water
Christians are taught not to doubt or reason cognitively about the Scripture....

2 Likes

Re: Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by Justeenaleo(f): 7:07pm On Sep 11, 2016
Mcowubaba:

Error
Actually being very logical and using ur sense is a great step towards Atheism...
Because logically there are lots of Proposed redolent Fallacies in the Bible but Christians are indoctrinated not to doubt the Holy scriptures .
For instance, logically: feeding of Four Thousand nd five Thousand people with few bread and fishes as recorded in Matthew Gospel is not feasible, but as Christians we are told that is MIRACLE
Red sea division
Walking on water
Christians are taught not to doubt or reason cognitively about the Scripture....
every human created by God is blessed with clean sense and being logical is by default.
just as atheists believe in whatever they believe in which is most times not logical too so do Christians believe in theirs.
No need for one to claim their belief is as a result of their being logical.
Re: Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by Seun(m): 8:45pm On Sep 11, 2016
Justeenaleo:
It does. There's no way you could logically come to believe that any holy book is a message from the creator of the universe. It's impossible.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye’s Son Supports His Queen By Replicating Her Beautiful Haircut / How Can I Know If I Am Going To Heaven? / Firstftuits Offering As The Bible Teaches!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.