Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? (3251 Views)

Mark Zuckerberg Was NEVER An Atheist In The First Place . / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:26pm On Sep 11, 2016
Seun:
It does. There's no way you could logically come to believe that any holy book is a message from the creator of the universe. It's impossible.

Jesus is the word of God , not the bible .
Re: Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by EyeHateGod: 10:42pm On Sep 11, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Bill Gate is not an atheist .
Do u know it's a waste of my time trying to educate someone who is ignorant?

1 Like

Re: Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by EyeHateGod: 10:52pm On Sep 11, 2016
Justeenaleo:

every human created by God is blessed with clean sense and being logical is by default.

Can u please exolian how God created u? Do u know what the word "Create" means? And besides ever heard of reproduction b4?

just as atheists believe in whatever they believe in which is most times not logical too so do Christians believe in theirs.
No need for one to claim their belief is as a result of their being logical.
Atheism has got noting to do with Belief ma pls if u know one can u state it? Am getting tired of educating u guys
Re: Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:04pm On Sep 11, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Do u know it's a waste of my time trying to educate someone who is ignorant?

Of course . That's why I take breaks after spates of attacks against the atheists . smiley
Re: Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by Justeenaleo(f): 8:03am On Sep 12, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Can u please exolian how God created u? Do u know what the word "Create" means? And besides ever heard of reproduction b4?

Atheism has got noting to do with Belief ma pls if u know one can u state it? Am getting tired of educating u guys
oga first, I do not need your 'education'
atheism has a lot to do with belief
atheist BELIEVE that there's no God (and a host of others), that's a belief.
if you open your eyes and read my post well you will notice that I said 'just as atheists believe in whatever they believe in which is most times not logical too so do CHRISTIANS believe in theirs.'
I didn't say 'I' So don't ask me to explain how I was created. if you want to know how YOU were created then read Genesis....oops, I forgot, the bible is just a book which atheists do not BELIEVE in.
Re: Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by 247NewsUpdateNG: 10:21am On Sep 12, 2016
Seun:
It does. There's no way you could logically come to believe that any holy book is a message from the creator of the universe. It's impossible.

Then why do you read biographies?
Re: Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by Seun(m): 3:57pm On Sep 12, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
Jesus is the word of God , not the bible .
That's according to the bible. If the bible is false then there is no basis for that belief.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by CoolUsername: 5:07pm On Sep 12, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Of course . That's why I take breaks after spates of attacks against the atheists . smiley

The major reason why you attack atheists is because you doubt your religion. That's also why you're a progressive creationist.
Re: Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:55pm On Sep 12, 2016
CoolUsername:

The major reason why you attack atheists is because you doubt your religion.

The major reason why you attack Christians is because you doubt atheism . wink

3 Likes

Re: Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by CoolUsername: 5:58pm On Sep 12, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

The major reason why you attack Christians is because you doubt atheism . wink

Doubt is a good thing. I embrace it.

1 Like

Re: Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by EyeHateGod: 6:22pm On Sep 12, 2016
Justeenaleo:

oga first, I do not need your 'education'
atheism has a lot to do with belief
atheist BELIEVE that there's no God (and a host of others), that's a belief.
if you open your eyes and read my post well you will notice that I said 'just as atheists believe in whatever they believe in which is most times not logical too so do CHRISTIANS believe in theirs.'
I didn't say 'I' So don't ask me to explain how I was created. if you want to know how YOU were created then read Genesis....oops, I forgot, the bible is just a book which atheists do not BELIEVE in.
Do u know what A lack of belief means?
Re: Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by bigfrancis21: 11:21pm On Sep 12, 2016
Mcowubaba:
I don't understand what has been happening, I no longer do the following
1) Listen to pastors preach on the bus or roadside, because most atimes the will ask for offering or pledges after their sermon.
2) I don't oppose gays neither do I endorse them

3) Going to Church regularly, I have attended different churches in recent times, hoping to find a good one, but the all have the same strategic planning- great sermon/Bible exposition, great offerings and fund raising. Offerings have different names and titles, Thanksgiving, adoration, firstfruits, last fruit, Televangelism, Charity, Tithe, worship and prosperity offering , even fasting offering shocked all this offerings in this Buhari's administration.

Now...
I'm thinking more logically than Religiously, calling a Spade a Spade. Not being Politically correct, the Touch don't my annoited syndrome of most so called Christians.
Pastor dey Bleep up, u no go condemn am, u go dey reason Touch not the annoited, who annoit am grin

Anyway, I Pray to have the Zeal, good guidance and passion for Christianity...
Churches are not encouraging me.

Ps... I am not broke or stingy about offering, but I don't wanna fund the next Private Jet of a Nigerian pastor

You are currently experiencing restlessness within you. Suddenly, religion has lost its allure to you. There definitely comes a time during the journey of a soul on earth when it begins to outgrow the need for religion. At this stage, you begin to question certain questions and beliefs about religion. Deep down within you you know that certain things or tenets about religion are not true. Certain religious beliefs clash with your inner convictions but you know inside that your inner convictions are right. At this stage, some people actually change religious sect or religions in search of somewhere they may feel more at home or somewhere that has the answers to the questions that they have. As you draw away from religion, you draw closer to spiritual matters. There is a difference between being religious and being spiritual. These are 2 different things. Someone who is religious is someone who subscribes to a religion or religious sect and professes all the rituals or tenets of that religion. Spirituality, on the other hand, refers to someone who subscribes to spiritual truths of the universe and lives their life accordingly. Not all religious beliefs are true spiritual truths. This is because religion is man made and man determines how they think they should 'serve' God but spirituality is not man-made but different - it is living life on earth according to the ways of the spirit or according to life in the afterlife.

This is a sign of a mature soul. At this stage of your spiritual evolution, you find yourself drawing closer to spiritual concepts such as reincarnation, life after death, pre-birth existence, etc. - spiritual truths which are absent in most man-made religions. Coming to reincarnation, life is a cycle of improvements until the soul is mature enough that it no longer needs to incarnate on earth. Then its journey on earth is complete. There are 5 stages from the beginning when the soul starts out on earth till the last stage when its journey is complete - infant soul stage, baby soul stage, young soul stage, mature soul stage and the old soul stage. Infant souls (those still starting out newly on earth) are usually simple in nature, prefer to be born in areas far from westernization where life is still simple and crude such as in interior villages of a country, are those we usually refer to as 'naive' (due to their lack of experience on earth), non-materialistic, etc. Life in advanced societies with all its too many laws tend to be too complex for them and they are more drawn to areas of simplistic living. Their main aim at this stage is getting used to life on earth and adapting to its weather conditions etc. A soul may incarnate a couple of times on earth before it progresses on to the next stage, the baby soul stage. Once a soul has gotten used to life on earth and surviving earth's harsh weather conditions it is ready to integrate into the society at large. At this stage, souls learn morals of 'right' and 'wrong' and they find themselves attracted to religion. Deep religiosity is a characteristic feature of baby souls. Religions come to play here in the early formation of the minds of these baby souls about 'right' and 'wrong' in the society. These souls cling on deeply to whatever religion they were born into and they are usually the fundamentalists (fundamentalists are those who take issues of religion to the extreme) of their religion. One good feature of baby souls is their strong belief that their religion is the 'best', and others are 'wrong' or 'bad'. Their life view at this stage is 'we' against 'them' and they may go out of their way to grab people into their religion.

After a couple of lifetimes the soul moves on to the next stage - the young soul stage. At this stage, the soul draw away from religion into the secular world. They become more materialistic as the good things of earth life begins to appeal more and more to them. Materialism is the major focus of young souls. They are the movers and shakers of the world. They are often very ambitious, material-driven, prize se.x above every other earth pleasure, etc. When making money, they often do not care how they make the money just once they are making the money. They may not place much concern on any negative effects to the environment in the process of making money. They are often casual religious goers, on casually identifying with the religion they were born in. In Christianity for example, you often find young souls at the back of the church, barely partaking fully in church activities, maybe sometimes coming late, and maybe casually attending church once a week whereas majority of the baby souls are at the forefront of church activities and hardly miss a church event. They are quite competitive especially when among themselves and they know how to turn little fortunes into massive fortunes. However, this stage can prove quite problematic when souls get addicted to and deeply entrenched in earthly pleasures that it is carried over to the afterlife after death. For example, former living beings who were addicted to drinking, smoking, excessive se.x, material wealth etc., when alive and who were unable to overcome such addiction before death may roam the face of the earth in attempts to continue satisfying their earthly addictions but the absence of a physical body makes that difficult and it becomes a cycle that these souls get stuck in. Some of these souls, or ghosts, are drawn to areas where their physical addiction activity frequently takes place, for example the souls of formerly living addicted drinkers are attracted to drinking bars etc., in attempts to temporarily inhabit the body or shell of a living fellow addict in order to satisfy the desire which they crave.

After a while, the pleasures of the earth begins to lose its appeal and the soul may begin to question its existence on earth and if there's more to life. They may begin to draw back to religion once again but then they are different from baby souls. While baby souls are often fundamentalist about religious matters, mature souls are more liberal and understanding about religious matters. For example, while a baby soul may argue sternly with the bible that women who are not virgins by marriage should be stoned to death according to bible laws, mature souls are more understanding and would argue differently that such laws applied to the times when the bible was written and should not be applied to our times. Souls at this stage are still much ambitious like young souls but show more care or understanding in pursuit of their career. While a young soul may undertake any means possible, legal or illegal, to make money, the mature soul would prefer to avoid consequences of illegal ways and follow the legal way. Or while a young soul may site his chemical production company near human habitation without giving much consideration to the effect of the company's toxic waste on the environment and people just so far as he is making money, the mature soul, instead, would be more considerate and site his company far off from human habitation. Mature soul concerns at this stage are unity, understanding, compassion and peace. These are the ones that you often find forming groups or organizations for the general improvement of the welfare of people. Mature souls often make the best leaders because they have the drive of young souls to get things done but at the same time are more considerate, mature or understanding in going about it. Many of them are more religious than their young soul counterparts but are more liberal unlike their baby soul counterparts. While being religious like baby souls, they often interpret religious laws differently from baby souls. A Christian baby soul may argue that the way to a good life on earth is 'serving God all your life, attending church and reading the scriptures' whereas the mature Christian soul would argue that a good life isn't all dependent on church attendance but instead on the cleanliness of one's heart and how one lives their lives by applying what is learned in church and our life with others. Having been there before, mature souls have seen the extremes and limits.

As the soul nears its cycle completion on earth, it enters the old soul stage. They are often loners, seeing life differently from majority of the population, and they have fewer friends - mostly mature and old souls who share similar life views with them. They are wise from birth, and possess wisdom from multiple lifetimes before on earth. Having been there before, they can relate to infant souls, baby souls, young souls and mature souls when they meet them. For these souls, life in general has lost its allure. They are often more spiritual than religious and are less ambitious than young and mature souls. You can identify old souls in little children who, despite being kids, behave much more mature than their age mates or even some adults. Old soul children often need less traditional parenting unlike their baby or young soul mates because being too familiar with earth they already know what to do and also the proper thing from the improper. While they may be talented in so many things from their different lifetimes and experiences, they may choose the easiest professions or paths in life. Being an old soul is not always the best, as some people think. Some of them get too laid back in life that they may grow lazy. As they approach their journey's end, life on earth and all its pleasure are fleeting (temporary) and do not make any sense to them at all. Being unassuming, you may find them secretly giving away or donating to charity organizations without much funfair, unlike the young soul who may stage a charity donation event to gain approval from people or for political reasons. Old souls realize deeply the importance of giving, loving oneself and others and the law of karma. Having cleared off most or all of any negative karma accumulated from previous lifetimes, they are often careful about accumulating further negative karma. Like older brothers, old souls often prefer to be teachers of wisdom, transmitting spiritual truths to help growing souls in younger stages in their soul evolution. In professional settings, while young souls may actively be competing to climb the corporate ladder to the top, old souls are often complacent with their achievements and may not care too much about advancement or may choose to take their time to get there. Old souls are often driven by their inner selves, instead of the ideals of the outside world.

These are general characteristics of the 5 different soul stages souls go through. There are no clear-cut lines between the end of one and the beginning of the other and some people who find themselves at the end of one soul stage and at the beginning of another may share characteristics of both soul stages.

Regardless of whatever soul stage one may be in, no soul stage is better than the other as they are all stages a soul has to go through in the course of its evolution.

Just realize that you are not alone. The restlessness in you is only drawing you to look inwards, instead of seeking answers in man-made institutions. Religion does not have all the answers, only spirituality does, and you have to look inwards as you grow in your spirituality.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Becoming An Atheist ?? by Mcowubaba: 11:33pm On Sep 12, 2016
bigfrancis21:

Thanks for sharing this wonderful piece.
I'm sincerely grateful

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Can I Know If I Am Going To Heaven? / My Personal Encounter With Sex And How It Almost Destroyed My Life / Is Nigeria A Secular State?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.