Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,704 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

Advise Needed: Buying A House Or Building One From Scratch - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Advise Needed: Buying A House Or Building One From Scratch (14952 Views)

Cost Of Building One Bedroom Flats Foundation / Building One Of Our Small House Design (block Of 4 Flats) / Buying Or Building A House.. Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

Advise Needed: Buying A House Or Building One From Scratch by Dejiih001(m): 10:55am On Sep 11, 2016
I intends relocating to Lagos, Ibeju-Lekki area to be precise and after series of consultations I was made to understand that a standard house/apartment in that area will cost me around #40 Millions.

But I wish to know if building a house myself from scratch will still cost as much as that or its just advisable I buy one straight or how possible can I possibly spend less to achieve this purpose?

I will greatly appreciate all your professional advises.

Re: Advise Needed: Buying A House Or Building One From Scratch by abouzaid: 11:07am On Sep 11, 2016
Dejiih001:
I intends relocating to Lagos, Ibeju-Lekki area to be precise and after series of consultations I was made to understand that a standard house/apartment in that area will cost me around #40 Millions.

But I wish to know if building a house myself from scratch will still cost as much as that or its just advisable I buy one straight or how possible can I possibly spend less to achieve this purpose?

CC: Lalasticlala, Lawyer, Mynd44
on average, building a house yourself is cheaper because the person trying to sell to you is trying to make a nice profit, you would eliminate this by building yourself.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advise Needed: Buying A House Or Building One From Scratch by Dejiih001(m): 11:19am On Sep 11, 2016
abouzaid:
on average, building a house yourself is cheaper because the person trying to sell to you is trying to make a nice profit, you would eliminate this by building yourself.

Thanks for this, I've been considering this factor too, only wants to know some other beneficial factors of building one from scratch when compared with buying
Re: Advise Needed: Buying A House Or Building One From Scratch by Fadelex(m): 1:59pm On Sep 11, 2016
Dejiih001:

Thanks for this, I've been considering this factor too, only wants to know some other beneficial factors of building one from scratch when compared with buying
Building from scratch might be stressful but is more benefitial in terms of quality finishes, specification and cost saving. Buying one is less stressful but have it in mind that you'll still need to do some renovation works, whereas if with adequate funding, we can build from scratch to handover in 3months at a cheaper rate with quality materials. PM me for futher discussion

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Advise Needed: Buying A House Or Building One From Scratch by abouzaid: 2:08pm On Sep 11, 2016
Dejiih001:

they are other benefits apart from financial,1)you build the house to your desired strength, believe me,the walls on some houses are so weak that you can't nail anything into them due to the poor strength of the building blocks used 2) you design the floor plan to suit your lifestyle, most commercial properties would be designed as all bedroom en suite to cater for all tastes but if you design your own floor plan, you would actually go for what you need not what is on offer.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Advise Needed: Buying A House Or Building One From Scratch by Dejiih001(m): 4:00pm On Sep 11, 2016
Thanks to you all. Am seriously enjoying these facts.

Any other considerations?
Re: Advise Needed: Buying A House Or Building One From Scratch by Dejiih001(m): 4:06pm On Sep 11, 2016
Fadelex:

Building from scratch might be stressful but is more benefitial in terms of quality finishes, specification and cost saving. Buying one is less stressful but have it in mind that you'll still need to do some renovation works, whereas if with adequate funding, we can build from scratch to handover in 3months at a cheaper rate with quality materials. PM me for futher discussion

Are you a building contractor? If no who are you?
Re: Advise Needed: Buying A House Or Building One From Scratch by edet2014: 4:08pm On Sep 11, 2016
It is better you build yourself,it would be much cheaper for you.

Re: Advise Needed: Buying A House Or Building One From Scratch by Dejiih001(m): 4:12pm On Sep 11, 2016
edet2014:
It is better you build yourself,it would be much cheaper for you.

NOTED!
Re: Advise Needed: Buying A House Or Building One From Scratch by Fadelex(m): 5:12pm On Sep 11, 2016
Dejiih001:
Are you a building contractor? If no who are you?
Yes, I'm a builder
Re: Advise Needed: Buying A House Or Building One From Scratch by stancydg: 5:33pm On Sep 11, 2016
@op, am sure u already got some good advice but most important one is the fact that building from scratch allows you to build to suit your lifestyle, taste, structural strength, aesthetics in terms of interior and exterior design, color choices et al. Call/Whatsapp 07034643328 for masterpiece architectural and cost effective designs. We are Paradysity Architects and we design and build your paradise here on earth.

Re: Advise Needed: Buying A House Or Building One From Scratch by Dejiih001(m): 8:02pm On Sep 11, 2016
UPDATES
Re: Advise Needed: Buying A House Or Building One From Scratch by drkay(m): 5:14am On Sep 12, 2016
Building your own house from foundation is preferable. Although, buying in some instances can be and opportunity, A friend left the country recently, with his entire family and he sold his house. It was purchased by one of our friends at a fair price with flexible payment plan. Also, if your buying from a desperate seller who needs cash urgently and ready to take ridiculous offers, a very popular example are politicians when election is around the corner. Aside from these, please be patient and build a good house for yourself.

Re: Advise Needed: Buying A House Or Building One From Scratch by agarawu23(m): 6:17am On Sep 12, 2016
Even you yourself know building is more better than buying. 40m will build me 2 solid duplex.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Advise Needed: Buying A House Or Building One From Scratch by veekid(m): 6:17am On Sep 12, 2016
Build from scratch bro

Re: Advise Needed: Buying A House Or Building One From Scratch by onlymase(m): 6:17am On Sep 12, 2016
What do you want?
cos I don't want you to quote me oh.
Re: Advise Needed: Buying A House Or Building One From Scratch by Emeskhalifa(m): 6:18am On Sep 12, 2016
stress of building from the scratch but it's dbest
Re: Advise Needed: Buying A House Or Building One From Scratch by Dejiih001(m): 6:21am On Sep 12, 2016
drkay:
Building your own house from foundation is preferable. Although, buying in some instances can be and opportunity, A friend left the country recently, with his entire family and he sold his house. It was purchased by one of our friends at a fair price with flexible payment plan. Also, if your buying from a desperate seller who needs cash urgently and ready to take ridiculous offers, a very popular example are politicians when election is around the corner. Aside from these, please be patient and build a good house for yourself.

How can one locate a DESPERATE seller?

Re: Advise Needed: Buying A House Or Building One From Scratch by GossipHeart(m): 6:22am On Sep 12, 2016
I want to buy a 30 million house in Lagos but the problem i have is that i don't like Lagos state

I love living in Anambra state, can someone give me a rough estimate on how much this type of house would cost me if i want to build one in Anambra state

Re: Advise Needed: Buying A House Or Building One From Scratch by Nobody: 6:22am On Sep 12, 2016
Dejiih001:

CC: Lalasticlala, Lawyer, Mynd44

Mr man good morning. Be careful about people dropping their whatsapp and several contact Details so u don't get burnt. There are many scammers here who are salivating over your 40 million already. Kidnappers use nairaland too and they could bait you with the hope of getting ransom. My point is be careful before meeting anyone cos anyone could claim to be a builder in an anonymous forum. You can as well seek advice from building contractors around u after salah holidays instead of risking it online. Bye gaari oo smiley

85 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Advise Needed: Buying A House Or Building One From Scratch by Emeskhalifa(m): 6:24am On Sep 12, 2016
Ogar, build it ur sef
Re: Advise Needed: Buying A House Or Building One From Scratch by Ola17: 6:26am On Sep 12, 2016
Building a house yourself will afford you the opportunity of customizing the house to your taste. You will also be able to use quality materials, most developers these days go for cheap and substandard materials in order to save costs.

Talking from experience bro.
Re: Advise Needed: Buying A House Or Building One From Scratch by Dejiih001(m): 6:28am On Sep 12, 2016
mrkayusfit:

Mr man good morning. Be careful about people dropping their whatsapp and several contact Details so u don't get burnt. There are many scammers here who are salivating over your 40 million already. Kidnappers use nairaland too and they could bait you with the hope of getting ransom. My point is be careful before meeting anyone cos anyone could claim to be a builder in an anonymous forum. You can as well seek advice from building contractors around u after salah holidays instead of risking it online. Bye gaari oo smiley

I've grabbed something very important from this piece. Thanks mrkayusfit

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advise Needed: Buying A House Or Building One From Scratch by GossipHeart(m): 6:34am On Sep 12, 2016
mrkayusfit:

There are no scammers on Nairaland, even there are, they can only scam a 4 year old kid

Who would give someone 40 million naira without seeing the house, seeing the documents and without contacting his lawyer to see and verify the authenticity of the house ?? Only a 4 year old kid would do that

Re: Advise Needed: Buying A House Or Building One From Scratch by iwatch: 6:40am On Sep 12, 2016
Dejiih001:
UPDATES
Before you contact anyone, check their history here. I could only recommend 3 people Skimanski, spyder88, abdulwaleck (spelt wrong) but ask around. These are the best around here.

Skimanski is so good if you can afford his style of building, talk about style, taste, aesthetics, beauty, he knows how to deliver.

Re: Advise Needed: Buying A House Or Building One From Scratch by iwatch: 6:42am On Sep 12, 2016
GossipHeart:

There are no scammers on Nairaland, even there are, they can only scam a 4 year old kid

Who would give someone 40 million naira without seeing the house, seeing the documents and without contacting his lawyer to see and verify the authenticity of the house ?? Only a 4 year old kid would do that
Bro, are you a learner to have stated that there are no scammer on nairaland? Maybe you are new here cos I am shocked you could say such.

BTW, are you still doing your dropshipping?

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advise Needed: Buying A House Or Building One From Scratch by SuaveVic(m): 6:43am On Sep 12, 2016
GossipHeart:

grin grin grin this guy dey learn

Re: Advise Needed: Buying A House Or Building One From Scratch by kaen1317: 6:44am On Sep 12, 2016
Building of course. Most houses selling for N25m-N30m can be built with less than N10m

Re: Advise Needed: Buying A House Or Building One From Scratch by osjoshua(m): 6:47am On Sep 12, 2016
Talking abt Building and Buying house in this era..40m ...chia, how my 55k salawi go take reach this standard...i need to resign asap

Re: Advise Needed: Buying A House Or Building One From Scratch by obembet(f): 6:49am On Sep 12, 2016
if the capital is available, build it to ur taste. it wil not take u more than 6 month.
Re: Advise Needed: Buying A House Or Building One From Scratch by Dejiih001(m): 6:49am On Sep 12, 2016
iwatch:
Before you contact anyone, check their history here. I could only recommend 3 people Skimanski, spyder88, abdulwaleck (spelt wrong) but ask around. These are the best around here.

Skimanski is so good if you can afford his style of building, talk about style, taste, aesthetics, beauty, he knows how to deliver.

Thanks for the recommendations, I will search for them now or if they are opportuned to see this post I want their contributions.

Five Reasons Why Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In The Bank / Affordable low cost housing Option For Lagosians / For Your Electrical & Plumbing Installation Services(Email or Call Us)