Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,448 members, 7,823,060 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Advise Needed: Buying A House Or Building One From Scratch - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Advise Needed: Buying A House Or Building One From Scratch (14969 Views)

Cost Of Building One Bedroom Flats Foundation / Building One Of Our Small House Design (block Of 4 Flats) / Buying Or Building A House.. Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advise Needed: Buying A House Or Building One From Scratch by don4real18(m): 6:49am On Sep 12, 2016
Dejiih001:
I intends relocating to Lagos, Ibeju-Lekki area to be precise and after series of consultations I was made to understand that a standard house/apartment in that area will cost me around #40 Millions.

But I wish to know if building a house myself from scratch will still cost as much as that or its just advisable I buy one straight or how possible can I possibly spend less to achieve this purpose?

I will greatly appreciate all your professional advises.

CC: Lalasticlala, Lawyer, Mynd44
It depends on how soon you want the accommodation.... You can contact me for your construction/renovation.
Presently renovating the federal court of appeal, Calabar
Re: Advise Needed: Buying A House Or Building One From Scratch by Dejiih001(m): 6:52am On Sep 12, 2016
GossipHeart:
I want to buy a 30 million house in Lagos but the problem i have is that i don't like Lagos state

I love living in Anambra state, can someone give me a rough estimate on how much this type of house would cost me if i want to build one in Anambra state

Don't you have more revealing pictures of this building for better clarity?
Re: Advise Needed: Buying A House Or Building One From Scratch by 19naia(m): 6:53am On Sep 12, 2016
Building your self allows you to spend less or even go for a bigger/double plot of land and then build the house partially just enough to move in and slowly complete it as time goes on and more money comes.
Ready made houses are often detailed in such a way that custom additions and changes to your taste will be hard to do.

Some places in Lekki with plots of land selling cheap and ready to build are in estate schemes but none of the infrastructure has been put in. So you can get in cheaply and build but will be lacking the benefits of buying ready made in an area with completed infrastructure to make life easier.
It depends on where you buy and what sacrifices you want to make. Some times building your own can go very wrong if you do not have good builders but crooks who siphon cement money and mix in more sand. Then when building collapse happens with life loss or injury, all the money saved means nothing.
Buying ready made is not bad but its just a matter of if you have all the right connections and options available to make a build your own project happen with less cost and be good quality.

1 Like

Re: Advise Needed: Buying A House Or Building One From Scratch by Kaykaymil(m): 6:53am On Sep 12, 2016
Fadelex:
Yes, I'm a builder

Buy a House bro meen building materials are very expensive now down from cement to workmanship. houses built using old material prices are cheap now before the end of the year all the prices would be reviewed.
Re: Advise Needed: Buying A House Or Building One From Scratch by Dejiih001(m): 6:56am On Sep 12, 2016
kaen1317:
Building of course. Most houses selling for N25m-N30m can be built with less than N10m

DO YOU REALLY MEAN THIS?
Re: Advise Needed: Buying A House Or Building One From Scratch by Dejiih001(m): 6:59am On Sep 12, 2016
obembet:
if the capital is available, build it to ur taste. it wil not take u more than 6 month.

Thanks....
Re: Advise Needed: Buying A House Or Building One From Scratch by PqsMike: 7:00am On Sep 12, 2016
Dejiih001:
I intends relocating to Lagos, Ibeju-Lekki area to be precise and after series of consultations I was made to understand that a standard house/apartment in that area will cost me around #40 Millions.

But I wish to know if building a house myself from scratch will still cost as much as that or its just advisable I buy one straight or how possible can I possibly spend less to achieve this purpose?

Building from scratch will allow you customize your building to your taste. Building Project should be properly managed if you don't want to exceed your budget.

Check my signature.
Re: Advise Needed: Buying A House Or Building One From Scratch by donbenedict(m): 7:08am On Sep 12, 2016
Dejiih001:

Thanks for this, I've been considering this factor too, only wants to know some other beneficial factors of building one from scratch when compared with buying
pls make your investigation very well. Cost of building materials has shot up so high. I advise you to buy d house.
Re: Advise Needed: Buying A House Or Building One From Scratch by Nobody: 7:12am On Sep 12, 2016
I'd prefer buying a house though.

1 Like

Re: Advise Needed: Buying A House Or Building One From Scratch by bighorlus(m): 7:12am On Sep 12, 2016
Dejiih001:

Thanks for this, I've been considering this factor too, only wants to know some other beneficial factors of building one from scratch when compared with buying

building a house is much better because you get to build to your specification design and taste for a cheaper amount. but getting a honest building engineer is a must to achieve your goals. and please ensure you use a certified professional.
Re: Advise Needed: Buying A House Or Building One From Scratch by yosmen: 7:16am On Sep 12, 2016
Everyone has sheared their opinions which is mostly correct.... PM me for cost effective architectural designs and construction to meet your taste and standard
Re: Advise Needed: Buying A House Or Building One From Scratch by abouzaid: 7:19am On Sep 12, 2016
GossipHeart:
I want to buy a 30 million house in Lagos but the problem i have is that i don't like Lagos state

I love living in Anambra state, can someone give me a rough estimate on how much this type of house would cost me if i want to build one in Anambra state
that's a big house, I'll handle it for 20million with basic finishing in anambra.
Re: Advise Needed: Buying A House Or Building One From Scratch by Nobody: 7:20am On Sep 12, 2016
Contact17:
I'd prefer buying a house though.

Can it ever be to your taste?
Re: Advise Needed: Buying A House Or Building One From Scratch by anonimi: 7:20am On Sep 12, 2016
kaen1317:
Building of course. Most houses selling for N25m-N30m can be built with less than N10m

........including cost of the land and ESTATE common facilities such as road, electricity, water, sewage etc plus perfecting the documents?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Advise Needed: Buying A House Or Building One From Scratch by Nobody: 7:24am On Sep 12, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Can it ever be to your taste?

Yup. Seen great ready made houses available.

1 Like

Re: Advise Needed: Buying A House Or Building One From Scratch by anonimi: 7:27am On Sep 12, 2016
yosmen:
Everyone has sheared their opinions which is mostly correct.... PM me for cost effective architectural designs and construction to meet your taste and standard

Do you mean shAred?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4160990_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362

1 Like

Re: Advise Needed: Buying A House Or Building One From Scratch by opalu: 7:28am On Sep 12, 2016
When you build, the house is Brand New, all the facilities are new, and the design is to your taste not a preset design. Also, you do not need to be paying another kind of rent in the name of Service charges.

Let me tell you for free that In Ibeju-Lekki you do not need more than N30m to build a world-class structure there including the land. At least I have built hundreds of houses there. undecided
Re: Advise Needed: Buying A House Or Building One From Scratch by vicmoore(m): 7:30am On Sep 12, 2016
GossipHeart:

Where in anambra are you talking about..Awka would be best for this....check my signature and Pm me..igbo kwenu
Re: Advise Needed: Buying A House Or Building One From Scratch by OloriAbefe(f): 7:34am On Sep 12, 2016
[quote author=iwatch post=49283983] Bro, are you a learner to have stated that there are no scammer on nairaland? Maybe you are new here cos I am shocked you could say such.

BTW, are you still doing your dropshipping?[/quote

God bless yu iwatch....I thought I was d only one that noticed the trash this guy hs Bn spewing.
Drop ship indeed! He said in based somewhere in the States in d other thread and now anambra

1 Like

Re: Advise Needed: Buying A House Or Building One From Scratch by OloriAbefe(f): 7:34am On Sep 12, 2016
iwatch:
Bro, are you a learner to have stated that there are no scammer on nairaland? Maybe you are new here cos I am shocked you could say such.

BTW, are you still doing your dropshipping?

God bless yu iwatch....I thought I was d only one that noticed the trash this guy hs Bn spewing.
Drop ship indeed! He said in based somewhere in the States in d other thread and now anambra
chai!!!! God take control.
Re: Advise Needed: Buying A House Or Building One From Scratch by stigman(m): 7:44am On Sep 12, 2016
Dejiih001:

make sure the foundation is above the road, that will it hard for water to stay in the compound
Re: Advise Needed: Buying A House Or Building One From Scratch by Benelegend: 7:49am On Sep 12, 2016
AS a business man I will advise u to stay on rent for one year. Com to benin city and that 40m can build you 5 houses and change remaining.
After one year if u sell those apartment you will get times five of that 40m.
I just love investment.

1 Like

Re: Advise Needed: Buying A House Or Building One From Scratch by archstyle(m): 7:51am On Sep 12, 2016
You should consider building from scratch my brother for the following reasons.

1. You'll achieve ur best designs to ur taste
2. You'll get the most cost effective construction
3. You'll achieve the best structural stability from the foundation... no fear of, I don't know how d foundation is...
4. No fear of who knows whether they buried charm here....
5. Your choiced finishing
6. Extends d life span of the building. Building maintenance starts once construction is done, thus the one u wanna buy must have stayed for a while n u may need to start maintenance almost immediately.

From all indications, a newly constructed building by you is the best for you.

I'm an architect and a building contractor. you can contact me anytime. ire o
Re: Advise Needed: Buying A House Or Building One From Scratch by GossipHeart(m): 7:54am On Sep 12, 2016
iwatch:
Bro, are you a learner to have stated that there are no scammer on nairaland? Maybe you are new here cos I am shocked you could say such.

BTW, are you still doing your dropshipping?

Why would i stop drop shipping ??
Re: Advise Needed: Buying A House Or Building One From Scratch by successnd(m): 7:54am On Sep 12, 2016
you better buy your house once and avoid distractions and stress and focus on your budiness.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advise Needed: Buying A House Or Building One From Scratch by MrHenshaw: 7:58am On Sep 12, 2016
Dejiih001:

Your request is incomplete,what type od house do you want(s number of room and type of finishing) then location of interest.A bungalow can cost more than a duplex u know?
Re: Advise Needed: Buying A House Or Building One From Scratch by Dejiih001(m): 8:05am On Sep 12, 2016
MrHenshaw:

Your request is incomplete,what type od house do you want(s number of room and type of finishing) then location of interest.A bungalow can cost more than a duplex u know?

Its a 4 bedroom duplex I want with 2 living rooms. This price I put is excluding the price of the land.
Thanks for this question.
Re: Advise Needed: Buying A House Or Building One From Scratch by MrHenshaw: 8:11am On Sep 12, 2016
Dejiih001:
Its a 4 bedroom duplex I want with 2 living rooms. This price I put is excluding the price of the land.
Thanks for this question.
l

l will advice you to build based on some factors and if you are not in d con3,u need to know few things too.Best wishes.
Re: Advise Needed: Buying A House Or Building One From Scratch by Sirmuel1(m): 8:16am On Sep 12, 2016
GossipHeart:

There are no scammers on Nairaland, even there are, they can only scam a 4 year old kid

Who would give someone 40 million naira without seeing the house, seeing the documents and without contacting his lawyer to see and verify the authenticity of the house ?? Only a 4 year old kid would do that

Just pray you don't fall victim, apart from their cunny attitudes, some use charm.

Happy holidays!!!
Re: Advise Needed: Buying A House Or Building One From Scratch by sorepco(m): 8:25am On Sep 12, 2016
U go enter one chance with that mindset
Dejiih001:

How can one locate a DESPERATE seller?
Re: Advise Needed: Buying A House Or Building One From Scratch by ugojenn(f): 8:29am On Sep 12, 2016
My dear is good to build by urself,because a house being bought will cost u much,the seller will even include the cost of the land,even escalate d cost of the building itself..and again u can but in u taste of design an structure and not be scared of anything..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cost For Low Budget 5 Bedroom On 1.5 Plot Of Land / Five Reasons Why Investing In Real Estate Is Better Than Saving In The Bank / Diamond Estate has a registered survey number OG/698/2008. @ N800K Per Plot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.