Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,106 members, 7,814,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:56 PM

Haters Won’t Stop Calling Asian-american Miss America Contestant Ugly - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Haters Won’t Stop Calling Asian-american Miss America Contestant Ugly (2608 Views)

"Men, Stop Calling Us Ashawo" - Emilia Chimee Dyke / Nneka Onuorah: Stop Calling Me Bro, I Am A Lady - Nigerian Lesbian / Ladies And Cleavage Revealing Photos; Stop Calling The Name Of God In Vain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Haters Won’t Stop Calling Asian-american Miss America Contestant Ugly by ahahnow: 5:47pm On Sep 12, 2016
The internet can be a grueling place, especially when it comes to beauty.

Arianna Quan – also known as Miss Michigan – learned this the hard way when trolls online started calling her “ugly” for being an Asian-American Miss America contestant.

According to Cosmopolitan, the 23-year-old diva was born in Beijing, and became a naturalized American citizen at 14 years old after she moved to Detroit at the young age of 6.

Ever since she took home the medal for Miss Michigan in June, Quan’s been criticized in both America and China, by people who think she’s “unfit to represent the Chinese population” because she’s “ugly.”

Although the 23-year-old was at first hurt by the comments, she quickly overcame the shamers by rising above the insults.

Instead of taking the rude comments to heart, she started focusing more on her platform for the upcoming pageant. Her issue is “Being American: Immigration and Citizenship Education.”

In an interview with People, she talked about how she plans on taking the negativity she’s been plagued with and turning it into good:

My goal is to just drive the conversation in an important direction, because there are so many things we have to discuss about immigration and diversity in this country right now.

We admire your optimism, Quan. Never let the haters bring you down, and kick ass on Sunday at the Miss America pageant.

Source: http://elitedaily.com/news/haters-miss-america-arianna-quan-ugly/1605961/

Re: Haters Won’t Stop Calling Asian-american Miss America Contestant Ugly by Cadamlk: 7:49pm On Sep 12, 2016
But she's ugly undecided.

8 Likes

Re: Haters Won’t Stop Calling Asian-american Miss America Contestant Ugly by AngelAhnie(f): 7:54pm On Sep 12, 2016
Cadamlk:
But she's ugly.
no woman is ugly cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Haters Won’t Stop Calling Asian-american Miss America Contestant Ugly by confistified(m): 8:00pm On Sep 12, 2016
AngelAhnie:
Dis na exception o grin

2 Likes

Re: Haters Won’t Stop Calling Asian-american Miss America Contestant Ugly by Section8(m): 8:00pm On Sep 12, 2016
AngelAhnie:
Na so them dey deceive themselves... Smh

3 Likes

Re: Haters Won’t Stop Calling Asian-american Miss America Contestant Ugly by Cadamlk: 8:02pm On Sep 12, 2016
AngelAhnie:
Eeeeh!!..... Okay! But she's not beautiful. Am i free to say that? grin

1 Like

Re: Haters Won’t Stop Calling Asian-american Miss America Contestant Ugly by Rocketicon(m): 8:45pm On Sep 12, 2016
Hw she take win Miss Michigan pagent! With dis face!

6 Likes

Re: Haters Won’t Stop Calling Asian-american Miss America Contestant Ugly by Malayy(m): 8:51pm On Sep 12, 2016
she should be in her 40s.. are there no lesser ugly ladies in that Michigan? this one is very ugly.. with her slanted eyes and egg face..

4 Likes

Re: Haters Won’t Stop Calling Asian-american Miss America Contestant Ugly by Nobody: 8:59pm On Sep 12, 2016
She may be facially ugly, but i guess she was smarter than her co-contestants.
Re: Haters Won’t Stop Calling Asian-american Miss America Contestant Ugly by slimthugchimee(m): 9:00pm On Sep 12, 2016
her face really scared me a bit there

2 Likes

Re: Haters Won’t Stop Calling Asian-american Miss America Contestant Ugly by Nobody: 9:00pm On Sep 12, 2016
Ugly!!!! #case closed

5 Likes

Re: Haters Won’t Stop Calling Asian-american Miss America Contestant Ugly by Nobody: 9:02pm On Sep 12, 2016
Malayy:
she should be in her 40s.. are there no lesser ugly ladies in that Michigan? this one is very ugly.. with her slanted eyes and egg face ..
why? cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Haters Won’t Stop Calling Asian-american Miss America Contestant Ugly by LuvU2: 9:03pm On Sep 12, 2016
Asian women re the most beautiful according to "statistics" undecided grin

but she try o tongue
Re: Haters Won’t Stop Calling Asian-american Miss America Contestant Ugly by AngelAhnie(f): 11:27pm On Sep 12, 2016
Cadamlk:
Eeeeh!!..... Okay! But she's not beautiful. Am i free to say that? grin
yes
Re: Haters Won’t Stop Calling Asian-american Miss America Contestant Ugly by Wizzyblack3(m): 2:09am On Sep 13, 2016
AngelAhnie:
Who tell you?
Or should i say; Where do you get that impression from. My neighbour's wife ugly die.

1 Like

Re: Haters Won’t Stop Calling Asian-american Miss America Contestant Ugly by Anthony0094(m): 3:26am On Sep 13, 2016
my grandma fine pass am
Re: Haters Won’t Stop Calling Asian-american Miss America Contestant Ugly by Nobody: 4:17am On Sep 13, 2016
And to imagine, I considered moving to Michigan, is this the best they have to offer? cheesy

Ain't no racism here, she's Ugly...EOD.

2 Likes

Re: Haters Won’t Stop Calling Asian-american Miss America Contestant Ugly by boss1310(m): 4:21am On Sep 13, 2016
the contest is"miss"not most beautiful they have different criteria they use in judging the contestants,but honestly I rarely see a woman this ugly when smiling

1 Like

Re: Haters Won’t Stop Calling Asian-american Miss America Contestant Ugly by Opistorincos(m): 5:00am On Sep 13, 2016
I think i like this woman.

1 Like

Re: Haters Won’t Stop Calling Asian-american Miss America Contestant Ugly by amazzinggrace(f): 6:53am On Sep 13, 2016
Its the "sheep" standard of beauty. People only understand beauty based on what the media describes as beautiful
Re: Haters Won’t Stop Calling Asian-american Miss America Contestant Ugly by stuffs4me(m): 7:43am On Sep 13, 2016
AngelAhnie:

This one is very ugly.
Re: Haters Won’t Stop Calling Asian-american Miss America Contestant Ugly by Nobody: 7:46am On Sep 13, 2016
Cadamlk:
But she's ugly undecided.

Nobody is ugly. angry
Re: Haters Won’t Stop Calling Asian-american Miss America Contestant Ugly by Macmilla(m): 9:21am On Sep 13, 2016
AngelAhnie:
Babe, park one side, abeg.
Re: Haters Won’t Stop Calling Asian-american Miss America Contestant Ugly by AngelAhnie(f): 9:22am On Sep 13, 2016
Macmilla:

Bros, park one side, abeg.
E pain you?
Re: Haters Won’t Stop Calling Asian-american Miss America Contestant Ugly by Macmilla(m): 9:25am On Sep 13, 2016
AngelAhnie:
E pain you?
E pain me scatter o. With all these painted masquerade I see around, one is telling me no woman is ugly. Seriously? That is as good as saying no Nigerian politician likes money.

1 Like

Re: Haters Won’t Stop Calling Asian-american Miss America Contestant Ugly by AngelAhnie(f): 9:29am On Sep 13, 2016
Macmilla:

E pain me scatter o. With all these painted masquerade I see around, one is telling me no woman is ugly. Seriously? That is as good as saying no Nigerian politician likes money.
You see my smiley right?

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Give Out 100k / How Do I Get Her She Has A Boifrnd Buh She Likes Me / The First Independant Woman: Adam's First Wife Lillith

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.