Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,095 members, 7,852,701 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 01:22 AM

Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates (12835 Views)

Senate To Get New Nominee For Oyo - Vanguard / Official Final Results For Oyo State Just Announced / 2015: Alao-akala Picks PDP N3m Nomination Form For Oyo State Guber Race. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by Nobody: 9:51pm On Oct 10, 2009
abi your date don pick race? cheesy

dont worry- he or she'll be back.

small thing like tpia's post never stopped anybody from doing what they want to do.

You dont see the sexuality section rocking in spite of all the religionists in this place? cheesy

in fact, just because of tpia alone, you must invite at least 8 NL females over on other dates.

player player
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by AloyEmeka6: 9:54pm On Oct 10, 2009
Your sense of humour is whack, alien and so outdated.
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by bidemi12(m): 10:06pm On Oct 10, 2009
@alloy emeka she's 43 years old? can you provide proof? just because she's fustrated and in the latter stages of lunacy does not mean she's 43 years old. But if she is then it explains a lot. Old and alone. What a terrible combination.
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by AloyEmeka6: 10:47pm On Oct 10, 2009
She said so herself.
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by nas00(m): 10:48pm On Oct 10, 2009
Why now?
Pesin no even fit say whether na Akala and im jeun jeun mentality we still dey discourse here abi na tpia and her 'eegun ori' (strong-head) undecided

tpia alone don cancel about 2 pages! embarassed

Make i no talk wetin i get 4 my mind sha. lipsrsealed
However, maybe Bidemi12 was right about starting a tpia thread afterall. wink

By d way, hop say Bidemi12 don check tpia portrait 4 dat side. grin grin grin
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by bidemi12(m): 10:50pm On Oct 10, 2009
@alloy emeka Jesus, No wonder. It does explain a lot. All of a sudden i now feel pity.
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by bidemi12(m): 10:55pm On Oct 10, 2009
@nas00 Omo, eru ba mi!! fear grip me when i see the portrait. And na true, because of the girl, ooops, old woman, we don lose 2 pages. So i don resolve even if e make personal attacks again i no go answer. Wetin fear me more be say e fit get husband. if that na the case i pity the guy.
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by nas00(m): 11:08pm On Oct 10, 2009
^^^Hop Posakosa neva carry last. He needs 2 b carried along.

tpia dey form activity, like say she neva see d elegbede (Gorilla) grin grin grin

Omo, sai gobe! cool
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by babapupa: 11:30pm On Oct 10, 2009
Usual suspects. These people will never mind important issues, especially the ones in their own backyard. Yeye clowns drawing epistles and blowing veins because of what another man choose to do with his own body.

Talk about amalgamation of tribalism and bigotry.

And very soon, the same people go begin claim victim and tribalism.

Wasn't Jim Nwobodo known then as the bleaching governor? Dude even carry cosmetics box go jail sef,
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by Rooneyboy(m): 12:12am On Oct 11, 2009
saworoide:

The man promised to create employment and is "delivering" on his promise to enhance his standing for 2011 elections. I'm not surprised at all as Akala's action is not the most stupid to have come out of Oyo state. Anyone remember Lam Adesina bought and distributed cutlasses to farmers as part of his "agricultural programme".

One of the members of the state house of assembly recently launched his poverty alleviation programme where he distributed 200 crash helmets for Okada riders and the state governor was invited as special guest of honour.

We have a big issue on our hand in this country, our rulers are just treating us as the proverbial slave that is being fed not to be fat but only to be strong enough to serve his master.
brilliantly said ,completely agree with u.
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by Nobody: 12:47am On Oct 11, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

Your sense of humour is whack, alien and so outdated.

grin

this thing pain you for belle.
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by Nobody: 12:49am On Oct 11, 2009
@ the other monkeys

anyone posting an offtopic should be banned, as far as I'm concerned.

Most of you are demons masquerading as sheep- you obviously came on NL with ulterior motives and as such will be dealt with like the saboteurs you are.

I've got my eye on all of you- dont worry, you will receive whats coming to you.
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by eMJOY: 2:21am On Oct 11, 2009
new to the forum.
Well, I gotta agree that the job creation project by Oyo governor is SOMETHING at least. how many other governors have their names in d news doin somn atleast positive. whats crazy is dat d application form is for a cost:over a 1000 bucks, sad.
Its a good idea for people who have been wothout NOTHING (regardless of who they are) to atleast START SOMEWHERE! seize AN oppurtunity and use it somehow to ur advantage.
the question is will these Nigerians reallywork if they wer given jobs. if they wer emplyed how effective wud they b, will they still be cuttin corners, LAZY, 'doin eye service' n all dat crap factor.
Bottom line at least this gov. is comin up with initiatives. [b]THEY ARE NOT THE BEST- BUT THEY ARE SOMTHING PEOPLE!![/b]GO GO GET IT
JOY
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by Sagamite(m): 2:30am On Oct 11, 2009
eMJOY:

new to the forum.
Well, I gotta agree that the job creation project by Oyo governor is SOMETHING at least. how many other governors have their names in d news doin somn atleast positive. whats crazy is dat d application form is for a cost:over a 1000 bucks, sad.
Its a good idea for people who have been wothout NOTHING (regardless of who they are) to atleast START SOMEWHERE! seize AN oppurtunity and use it somehow to your advantage.
the question is will these Nigerians reallywork if they wer given jobs. if they wer emplyed how effective wud they b, will they still be cuttin corners, LAZY, 'doin eye service' n all dat crap factor.
Bottom line at least this gov. is comin up with initiatives. [b]THEY ARE NOT THE BEST- BUT THEY ARE SOMTHING PEOPLE!![/b]GO GO GET IT
JOY

I bet if the governor came up with a Pit Latrine Cleaning for Graduates you will say at least it is something.

The depth and length of poor governance in Nigeria has destroyed expectations and the desire for high standards in some Nigerians head. They are at the bottom in regards to the level they expect from their leading cult.

At least he is doing something my bleeping black arse.
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by AloyEmeka6: 2:52am On Oct 11, 2009
tpia.:

@ the other monkeys

anyone posting an offtopic should be banned, as far as I'm concerned.

Most of you are demons masquerading as sheep- you obviously came on NL with ulterior motives and as such will be dealt with like the saboteurs you are.

[size=14pt]I've got my eye on all of you- dont worry, you will receive whats coming to you.[/size]

Lack of husband is a disease.
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by denny4ril: 4:11am On Oct 11, 2009
cool Can he allow his first son to set the pace while other graduates follow suit? guess we all know d answer. do to others as u will want dem do 2 u
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by Rooneyboy(m): 6:58am On Oct 11, 2009
Mr Akala should have quilt a bleaching cream factory and employ graduates to run it , this would have been a more commendable project.
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by olatwo(m): 2:10pm On Oct 11, 2009
grin grin WHAT A FUNNY NIGERIA, THAT PAW PAW-ISH FAT FOOL WILL NOT LEARN! I TELL YOU
NIGERIA?? LET GOD HELP OUR GENERATION. shocked
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by saworoide: 3:09pm On Oct 11, 2009
@Princek12.
I see you have issue with Ibadan people and Akala has given you the perfect opportunity to settle your scores. Akala is a bad governor and everybody that has responded to this post affirms this. However, whatever issues you have with Ibadan people, you should have tried to state your opinion rather than trying to distort facts about Ibadan people in your post. Akala is not from Ibadan. He came into office after the controversial votes from Ogbomosho and Oke Ogun were declared valid at the appeal court. Ibadan people massively voted against his candidacy. If only our votes count in this country, Akala will not be in office today.

The candidates from Ibadan were Senator Ajimobi (ANPP) and Prof. Taoheed Adedoja (AC) both of these are graduates. Contrary to your distorted fact that the only graduate governor in Oyo state was Bola Ige, may I remind you that Dr. Omololu Olunloyo, Lam Adesina and Rasheed Ladoja (all whom you call illiterates) are all graduates from Ibadan. If you follow Oyo politics as well as you pretend to do, you'll definitely know that it was the do or die and Godfather politics of the PDP that imposed Akala on Ibadan and the people of Oyo state. This was a mas that was dismissed from the police for gun running and aiding armed robbers. Yet he was "elected a state gov.

Ibadan people are not the best educated in Nigeria but definitely would not be found among the most backward and unexposed as you claim. By the way, our president and vice president are both graduates and I don't think they are governing Nigeria better than Akala is doing in Oyo state, afterall literacy does not automatically translate into good governance. Akala's debacle is not an excuse for anybody to summarily dismiss Ibadan people as backward people.
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by AloyEmeka6: 3:49pm On Oct 11, 2009
Rooneyboy:

Mr Akala should have quilt a bleaching cream factory and employ graduates to run it , this would have been a more commendable project.
grin grin grin
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by AloyEmeka6: 3:51pm On Oct 11, 2009
saworoide:

@Princek12.
I see you have issue with Ibadan people and Akala has given you the perfect opportunity to settle your scores. Akala is a bad governor and everybody that has responded to this post affirms this. However, whatever issues you have with Ibadan people, you should have tried to state your opinion rather than trying to distort facts about Ibadan people in your post. Akala is not from Ibadan. He came into office after the controversial votes from Ogbomosho and Oke Ogun were declared valid at the appeal court. Ibadan people massively voted against his candidacy. If only our votes count in this country, Akala will not be in office today.

The candidates from Ibadan were Senator Ajimobi (ANPP) and Prof. Taoheed Adedoja (AC) both of these are graduates. Contrary to your distorted fact that the only graduate governor in Oyo state was Bola Ige, may I remind you that Dr. Omololu Olunloyo, Lam Adesina and Rasheed Ladoja  (all whom you call illiterates) are all graduates from Ibadan.  If you follow Oyo politics as well as you pretend to do, you'll definitely know that it was the do or die and Godfather politics of the PDP that imposed Akala on Ibadan and the people of Oyo state. This was a mas that was dismissed from the police for gun running and aiding armed robbers. Yet he was "elected a state gov. 

Ibadan people are not the best educated in Nigeria but definitely would not be found among the most backward and unexposed as you claim. By the way, our president and vice president are both graduates and I don't think they are governing Nigeria better than Akala is doing in Oyo state, afterall literacy does not automatically translate into good governance. [size=16pt]Akala's debacle is not an excuse for anybody to summarily dismiss Ibadan people as backward people.[/size]   

You are right on the money.
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by babapupa: 3:58pm On Oct 11, 2009
@Princek12.

The candidates from Ibadan were Senator Ajimobi (ANPP) and Prof. Taoheed Adedoja (AC) both of these are graduates. Contrary to your distorted fact that the only graduate governor in Oyo state was Bola Ige, may I remind you that Dr. Omololu Olunloyo, Lam Adesina and Rasheed Ladoja  (all whom you call illiterates) are all graduates from Ibadan.  If you follow Oyo politics as well as you pretend to do, you'll definitely know that it was the do or die and Godfather politics of the PDP that imposed Akala on Ibadan and the people of Oyo state. This was a mas that was dismissed from the police for gun running and aiding armed robbers. Yet he was "elected a state gov.

Ibadan people are not the best educated in Nigeria but definitely would not be found among the most backward and unexposed as you claim. By the way, our president and vice president are both graduates and I don't think they are governing Nigeria better than Akala is doing in Oyo state, afterall literacy does not automatically translate into good governance. Akala's debacle is not an excuse for anybody to summarily dismiss Ibadan people as backward people.  

The most thoughtful and sensible post in this thread.

You really can't fault these guys, they all are sad products of their bigoted and tribalistic environment. Most of them have substituted common sense and knowledge with insane arguments and absurdities.
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by KnowAll(m): 4:16pm On Oct 11, 2009
As bad as Akala is, he would probably win the election come 2011. For u to win in Oyo State u need Ibadan, It does not help the 2 Ibadan Indigenes who would split the Ibadan votes amongst 3 main parties. Akala on the other hand with the remenant thugs of Adedibu would capture 1/4 of the votes he will then go on and clear

Ibadan - 25%
Ogbomosho - 98%
Oyo -80%
Oke Ogun - Iseyn and Shaki, - 85% - he has invested well in mechanised farming in Oke Ogun area.

It would take a miracle for him to lose in 2011, despite all these bad press from his 5* toilets to his Graduates driving cab scheme.
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by Sagamite(m): 4:32pm On Oct 11, 2009
trekkie:

@ sagamite
you are a typical example of what is wrong with this country. always seeking white collar employment. i laugh at you i have been watching your posts as well and i really USED TO respect your views especially when u have all those super high sounding theories to bring. u are the bane of this nation. go to the jobs/vacancies section and see the type of jobs on offer and you'll find that graduates yes graduates are applying to be drivers etc. I WILL SPEAK SLOWLY SO YOU'LL GET IT.  THIS   IS  REAL  LIFE   NOT   SOME  ACADEMIC  UTOPIA   AND    A  LOT OF   PEOPLE   WILL    BE  GLAD  TO  HAVE  A  SOURCE  OF  INCOME  TO PUT  FOOD   ON   THE  TABLE  AND  IF  THEY  ARE  NOT OK  WITH  WHERE  THEY  ARE  THEY  CAN  WORK TOWARD IMPROVING  THEIR  "STATUS". WE  HAVE  TO  START  SOMEWHERE CHECK OUT THE HISTORY OF TAIWAN,JAPAN ETC.  FIRST  REDUCE  THE   NUMBER  OF  UNEMPLOYED  GRADUATES  BEFORE  YOU  TALK OF WHAT  BEFITS GRADUATES.  GO AND LOOK   UP   BIOGRAPHIES  OF  GUYS  LIKE  WARREN  BUFFET, WALT  DISNEY, YOU  WILL FIND  THAT A  LOT  OF  SUCCESS STORIES  TODAY DID NOT START WITH JOBS THAT   "BEFIT"   THEM.  ALL   I   SAID   IS   DON'T   LOOK   DOWN  YOUR   HI'FALUTIN NOSE   AT   THESE  JOBS.   I   AM    NOT   SAYING  THAT  THEY  ARE  IDEAL  BUT    WHAT  MAKES  THE   GRADUATE  ABLE  TO  DO   THIS   IN   LONDON  WITHOUT  LIKING  IT   THIS   SAME   GRADUATES  MAY   AS  WELL  DO  THIS  IN  NIGERIA  AND CONTRIBUTE  TO  THE  ECONOMY HERE  INSTEAD.

you are so arrogant, the arrogance you accuse sefago of you are guilty of. how many graduates have the opportunity of being in london like you? so get your silver spoon out of your mouth,your thumb out of your ass and WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE.
NOT EVERYONE CAN AFFORD TO BE CHOOSY. START SOMEWHERE.
you think you are some cerebral giant cos you WIKI? i laugh at you now. oma she O i really thought you were mature. as for your calling me names what is the weather like in your sandbox. immature twit!

Bleep me!

So you want me to go to the careers section and see what low jobs graduates are applying for?

You still don't get it, do you? And you are pissed I am calling you a slowpoke?

Your main problem is that either you do not understand the responsibilities of a government or you are as visionless as Akala Alakara.

It is the responsibility of the government to devise, shape and align the society to function optimally (which includes progress).

You mean someone segmented the demographics of the people of Oyo and found that the graduate youths are not gaining employment and then, with an amazing and blessed  undecided moment of genius, developed a scheme of taxi driver to tackle this problem. And you are not condemning the daftness, rather you are challenging why a grad should not jump at the offer and be grateful that "at least it is something"?

Your kind are coming here to challenge why one is complaining about such moronic idea in THE MIDST OF 101 PROBABILTIES AND POSSIBILITIES that would have been much more insightful. You are putting your reputation on the line to defend such simpleton-mindedness. And YOOUU are talking about what is wrong with this country?  undecided

Cut the stupid crap about Warren Buffet or whatever. Even in the 40s the American government would not have come forth with such simpleton and foolish idea for grads. Warren would have had better schemes to allude to.

And no, I don't have a cerebral giant becuase I wiki. I have a cerebral giant because I am blessed with it, the wiki is just an occasional aid to acquire informational input for the brilliant output.  cheesy

I wasn't born with a silver spoon, mate. I was just born with a golden brain but a bourgeois background.  wink

And I never told sefago not to be arrogant. I advised him to know when, where, to who and how to use it especially with a wisecracker ability and demonstrated competence in intelligence otherwise he would look like a fool.  He is useless in arrogance as he is not that sharp and has not done anything to arrogate about. wink
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by bidemi12(m): 4:45pm On Oct 11, 2009
@sagamite ooooooooooo e don finish? i beg knack us another one. you too much joo. e just be like say i de read hardley chase. grin
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by tarano: 9:14pm On Oct 11, 2009
imagine graduates to become taxi drivers in your own country, no be Yankee oh for Naija nkan ba je.
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by AloyEmeka6: 11:24pm On Oct 11, 2009
Sagamite:

Bleep me!

So you want me to go to the careers section and see what low jobs graduates are applying for?

You still don't get it, do you? And you are pissed I am calling you a slowpoke?

Your main problem is that either you do not understand the responsibilities of a government or you are as visionless as Akala Alakara.

It is the responsibility of the government to devise, shape and align the society to function optimally (which includes progress).

You mean someone segmented the demographics of the people of Oyo and found that the graduate youths are not gaining employment and then, with an amazing and blessed  undecided moment of genius, developed a scheme of taxi driver to tackle this problem. And you are not condemning the daftness, rather you are challenging why a grad should not jump at the offer and be grateful that "at least it is something"?

Your kind are coming here to challenge why one is complaining about such moronic idea in THE MIDST OF 101 PROBABILTIES AND POSSIBILITIES that would have been much more insightful. You are putting your reputation on the line to defend such simpleton-mindedness. And YOOUU are talking about what is wrong with this country?  undecided

Cut the stupid crap about Warren Buffet or whatever. Even in the 40s the American government would not have come forth with such simpleton and foolish idea for grads. Warren would have had better schemes to allude to.

And no, I don't have a cerebral giant becuase I wiki. I have a cerebral giant because I am blessed with it, the wiki is just an occasional aid to acquire informational input for the brilliant output.  cheesy

I wasn't born with a silver spoon, mate. I was just born with a golden brain but a bourgeois background.  wink

And I never told sefago not to be arrogant. I advised him to know when, where, to who and how to use it especially with a wisecracker ability and demonstrated competence in intelligence otherwise he would look like a fool.  He is useless in arrogance as he is not that sharp and has not done anything to arrogate about. wink

You are right on the money.
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by trekkie: 1:04am On Oct 12, 2009
@sagamite
you REALLY ARE A TWIT! if you read my post with even a modicum of intelligence you would see that i am not defending akala or saying that graduates should be grateful. i said graduates who do such jobs abroad WITHOUT LIKING IT might as well take the offer and contribute to the economy pending when something better comes along. plain and simple. grin

saworoide spoke about how akala was imposed on ibadan pple and you should see this as a sympton of a greater problem than the taxi cab scheme. undecided
there is a bigger problem in nigeria than the fact that a governor educated or otherwise brought a scheme that does not meet with your approval.

if the economy were in better shape do you think i would advise someone who has gone to the university to go and accept the job of a taxi cab driver? how far up your ass is your thumb. "it is the responsibility of government to think of better thing for our graduates" yes this is true . However what do we have on ground in reality? you sit safely esconed in Gordon brown's land and spout gibberish about government responsibilities. i know your kind"armchair revolutionary". if this governent you expect so much from have delivered what are you doing in london? come home now and let us live the reality together.
i will not reply to your crap about america in the 40's i have read the history go and read you might learn something. (here's a tip for you learn to read between the lines) it might simplify your life wink
as for your HAVING A CEREBRAL GIANT undecided what the hell does that mean?

spoken like a true bourgeois; wink we protelariats may just go french revolution on all y'all.
sagamite me matey you have made me break my promise to myself to keep above the fray in the jungle that is nairaland

PS WIki is highly subjective and at times inaccurate ( just a tip for you for when you are publishing your "ahem" 'brilliant outputs.
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by Sagamite(m): 7:28am On Oct 12, 2009
trekkie:

@sagamite
you REALLY ARE A TWIT! if you read my post with even a modicum of intelligence you would see that i am not defending akala or saying that graduates should be grateful. i said graduates who do such jobs abroad WITHOUT LIKING IT might as well take the offer and contribute to the economy pending when something better comes along. plain and simple. grin

Top 5 slowpoke, this is the stupid misplacement of priority that makes you daft.

Priority should be chantising the government for being simpletons, not wondering why someone can go and do something in London but not do it at home.

Intelligence would suggest to you that a grad doing it in London would live a decent and mostly dignified life with reasonable income. And yet it is not ideal as the UK government would NEVER aspire that for THEIR own grads, slowpoke.

So it is moronic to suggest they do the same in IBADAN. How many people can afford cab on their own in IBADAN? slowpoke, it would only end up being that your fellow Akara visionary has turned graduates into Kabu Kabu drivers as the grads would be carrying 6 people in the car (some seating on top of others). This is how your type want to advance Nigeria.

trekkie:

if the economy were in better shape do you think i would advise someone who has gone to the university to go and accept the job of a taxi cab driver?

slowpoke, economy in great shape or not does not justify moronicity from the state government. Idea generation is tied more to brain power than the economy. Stop using the economy to give excuse for a stupid idea.

And you say you are not a slowpoke?

trekkie:

how far up your ass is your thumb. "it is the responsibility of government to think of better thing for our graduates" yes this is true . However what do we have on ground in reality? you sit safely esconed in Gordon brown's land and spout gibberish about government responsibilities. i know your kind"armchair revolutionary". if this governent you expect so much from have delivered what are you doing in london? come home now and let us live the reality together.

Daftie, that is why you should be condemning the government. The bolded is why I told you that you are a slowpoke, stating that the government should not come up with such Akara visions is not "expecting much", IT IS EXPECTING THE MINIMUM.

And YOU are wondering what is wrong with Nigeria, when we have morons like you that will claim they are educated?

trekkie:

i will not reply to your crap about america in the 40's i have read the history go and read you might learn something. (here's a tip for you learn to read between the lines) it might simplify your life wink

Don't try, you are bound to be flogged and will lose.

trekkie:

as for your HAVING A CEREBRAL GIANT undecided what the hell does that mean?

You used it, mate. So why are you asking?  grin

trekkie:

PS WIki is highly subjective and at times inaccurate ( just a tip for you for when you are publishing your "ahem" 'brilliant outputs.

Dimwit, I choose my terms carefully. I said it is used occassionally.

If you know how to use it, then you would know how to validate the accuracy and what not to use it for.
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by Arnold1(m): 8:59am On Oct 12, 2009
Aloy-emeka,

your subject is very misleading, but I am not surprised. I don't expect anything less than
this from a yoruba hater like you lipsrsealed

Every post you make about yorubas is always derogatory.

Na jealousy go kill you grin anuofia.
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by Nezan(m): 10:38am On Oct 12, 2009
sho . . .
Re: Akala Creates Lucrative Jobs For Oyo Graduates by fuke(m): 11:04am On Oct 12, 2009
Some of the comments here amuse me. I guess most of them are from people with what
          we Nigerians calll good job. I beg, what is wrong with graduates driving a cab? If the
          cabs are brand new, each will be worth about N3m. Now that is N3m investment and you
          say it is too mean for a graduate. Please spare me.  

The problem  I see in this is  that, the right thing  is beign done by the wrong person. If this
          were  to be initiated by Fasola, people will take acres of newspaper space to celebrate it. I bet
           there are graduates among the BRT drivers. What is the difference? I have no tears for Akala.
           A governor gallivanting all over the place with ankle chain and fanta skin deserves all the arrows
           fired at him.

Now this cab idea is bam.  You start making money the first day you open shop. It is surely
           better than  a level 8 job in the secretariat. Nigerians like easy money. We want to sit dowm, lazy
           away and collect  salary at the end of the month. Japan was not built like that. Productivity is the word.
           We want to work on shoe string, build a house at age 50 and retire to collect pension which the harsh
           economic condition will not allow us to grow old enough to collect.

If I were a 25 year old graduate I will prefer the cab to a level 8 job. At 30 I would have built a house and
            have about 3 cars in my fleet. Again, if I were an unemployed Pharmacist I will take this cab and build
            my pharmacy within 5 years and get off the road.

Transport business is a cash cow. I will refer nairalanders to success digest extra of March 3rd 2009, page 20.
            You will read the story  of a chemistry graduate who took to okada after 6 years of fruitless seach for work.
            He has built a N6m house and has more than 20 bikes in his fleet. His brother who he was managing with is still
             in their rented house with his salary job.

Goverments are not supposed to create jobs per see, the private sector does. Government is to provide the
            infrastructure, the enviroment and monitor.  The big factories in Europe where the Engineers work were not built
             by their governments,

If you have a job in Mobil or  Guiness, good luck, that is easier but if you are not so lucky are you going to stay
            like that for years and waste your very productive years when you have options like this to make things better for
            yourself?. A  university degree does not mean you have to do white collar jobs. We should learn how  to take our
            future in our hands. After my NYSC and 6 years working experience, I hawked my product in Lagos buses those days
     .      My spoken English simply made the sales for me.

A degree holder can drive cabs and nothing demaning about that.[/left]

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Sss Invaded Bbc And Cnn Offices In Lagos? / Suntai Ignored Hired Pilot’s Warning —report / Fayose Visits Venue Of Buhari's So-called London Interview [photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.