Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,263 members, 7,846,234 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

Why Did Other Pastors Fail To Save Chris And Anita Oyakilhome Marriage? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did Other Pastors Fail To Save Chris And Anita Oyakilhome Marriage? (1122 Views)

How Pastor Adeboye Announced Retirement Before Osinbajo, Other Pastors / Pastor Chris And Pastor Anita Back Together Glory .see Pix (2015 news) / Chris And Anita Oyakhilome: The Truth You Never Knew (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did Other Pastors Fail To Save Chris And Anita Oyakilhome Marriage? by makedisciples: 6:32pm On Sep 13, 2016
Did any pastor try to solve the problem between Chris and Anita oyakilhome? Would there have been anyone higher they could have taken the matter to with reference to Mathew 18:15~17. Is the law court supposed to be the first place to go for a Christian to resolve issues?
Re: Why Did Other Pastors Fail To Save Chris And Anita Oyakilhome Marriage? by thesicilian: 6:41pm On Sep 13, 2016
Either he or she didn't bother to reach out to any senior pastor for counseling, or the other pastors were just too happy to see what they thought would divide his church. I have never been a fan of Christians taking their case to the law courts.
Re: Why Did Other Pastors Fail To Save Chris And Anita Oyakilhome Marriage? by makedisciples: 6:59pm On Sep 13, 2016
thesicilian:
Either he or she didn't bother to reach out to any senior pastor for counseling, or the other pastors were just too happy to see what they thought would divide his church. I have never been a fan of Christians taking their case to the law courts.
would there have been anyone higher than them to have given the counselling?
Re: Why Did Other Pastors Fail To Save Chris And Anita Oyakilhome Marriage? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Sep 13, 2016
Because they wan chop Pastor Chris market. When some members leave Christ Embassy and join the their churches, they get increase in offering and tithes grin

1 Like

Re: Why Did Other Pastors Fail To Save Chris And Anita Oyakilhome Marriage? by thesicilian: 8:02pm On Sep 13, 2016
makedisciples:
would there have been anyone higher than them to have given the counselling?
There's always someone higher than you in the Lord. For example, the person who led either of them to Christ. And I have it on good authority that the Reverend himself has great respect for people like Benny Hinn, Dr. David Yonggi Cho, etc
Re: Why Did Other Pastors Fail To Save Chris And Anita Oyakilhome Marriage? by makedisciples: 9:29pm On Sep 13, 2016
So no one in Nigeria? Both names mentioned are foreigners
thesicilian:

There's always someone higher than you in the Lord. For example, the person who led either of them to Christ. And I have it on good authority that the Reverend himself has great respect for people like Benny Hinn, Dr. David Yonggi Cho, etc
Re: Why Did Other Pastors Fail To Save Chris And Anita Oyakilhome Marriage? by thesicilian: 9:38pm On Sep 13, 2016
makedisciples:
So no one in Nigeria? Both names mentioned are foreigners
Coincidentally, yes. Those are the only 2 I know sha. I think he was highly ostracised back in the days by most of the Nigerian churches (especially CAN) when he started his revolutionary preaching (prosperity, trousers, dress style etc) even though many of them are preaching the same now...
Re: Why Did Other Pastors Fail To Save Chris And Anita Oyakilhome Marriage? by makedisciples: 7:05am On Sep 14, 2016
I appreciate ur thoughts but let me ask you. Do they all serve the same God?
thesicilian:

Coincidentally, yes. Those are the only 2 I know sha. I think he was highly ostracised back in the days by most of the Nigerian churches (especially CAN) when he started his revolutionary preaching (prosperity, trousers, dress style etc) even though many of them are preaching the same now...
Re: Why Did Other Pastors Fail To Save Chris And Anita Oyakilhome Marriage? by thesicilian: 9:48am On Sep 14, 2016
makedisciples:
I appreciate ur thoughts but let me ask you. Do they all serve the same God?
They all claim to. But only God knows what goes on in the heart of man. And I sincerely believe that even if a corrupt pastor pastors a genuine young Christian, the young Christian will still go to heaven as long as he truly believes in God's word
So to me your salvation depends on you, even though it tends to be influenced by some external factors sometimes.
Re: Why Did Other Pastors Fail To Save Chris And Anita Oyakilhome Marriage? by florencepoko2: 2:59pm On Sep 14, 2016
That's the world Christians, they hate each-other, are jealous and rejoice in the misfortune of their fellows who are yet brothers in Christ. It lacks love among Christians, among churches, among denominations. Never forget that Jesus loved everyone, even his enemies. grin
Re: Why Did Other Pastors Fail To Save Chris And Anita Oyakilhome Marriage? by makedisciples: 9:45pm On Sep 14, 2016
Can someone be bigger or higher than a Church? Is the church run by one person and he has the sole authority?
thesicilian:

They all claim to. But only God knows what goes on in the heart of man. And I sincerely believe that even if a corrupt pastor pastors a genuine young Christian, the young Christian will still go to heaven as long as he truly believes in God's word
So to me your salvation depends on you, even though it tends to be influenced by some external factors sometimes.
Re: Why Did Other Pastors Fail To Save Chris And Anita Oyakilhome Marriage? by adjoviomole(m): 6:45am On Sep 15, 2016
He does not need counsel from anybody. The bible already states that no divorce and no remarriage except the other member died. So what advice does the leader of a church need.

I just wonder the way most of u atheist bring up irrelevant post. If you don't want to be a christian den don't be, we are not forcing you, and if you want to condemn anything, @ least have knowledge of the bible 1st before u open ur mouth to say n type thrash.
Re: Why Did Other Pastors Fail To Save Chris And Anita Oyakilhome Marriage? by makedisciples: 7:32am On Sep 15, 2016
Are u sure u are a Christian? U Sound more like a thug
adjoviomole:
He does not need counsel from anybody. The bible already states that no divorce and no remarriage except the other member died. So what advice does the leader of a church need.

I just wonder the way most of u atheist bring up irrelevant post. If you don't want to be a christian den don't be, we are not forcing you, and if you want to condemn anything, @ least have knowledge of the bible 1st before u open ur mouth to say n type thrash.
Re: Why Did Other Pastors Fail To Save Chris And Anita Oyakilhome Marriage? by adjoviomole(m): 9:06am On Sep 15, 2016
makedisciples:
Are u sure u are a Christian? U Sound more like a thug

If u like call me a cultist for pointing out the truth,na u sabi.
Re: Why Did Other Pastors Fail To Save Chris And Anita Oyakilhome Marriage? by makedisciples: 10:22am On Sep 15, 2016
Alright bye
adjoviomole:

If u like call me a cultist for pointing out the truth,na u sabi.

(1) (Reply)

Changed Dates :: Failed Prophecies Of Jehovah's Witnesses / Halloween And Africa’s Mad Rush To Conform – Reno / The T.b. Joshua I Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.