Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,969 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:10 AM

Why Jonathan Visited Babangida, Abdulsalami - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Jonathan Visited Babangida, Abdulsalami (39277 Views)

2019: Obasanjo, Babangida, Abdulsalami, Gusau SHOP For Buhari’s Successor / Babangida, Abdulsalami Abubakar, Mamman Vatsa In Secondary School Bida.Throwback / Why Atiku Visited Babangida (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Jonathan Visited Babangida, Abdulsalami by sharpden: 9:21pm On Sep 13, 2016
NIGERIA’S immediate-past President, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, on Tuesday paid an unscheduled visit to former Military President, General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida, and former Military Head of State, General Abdulsalami Abubakar, at their Hilltop residences in Minna, Niger State, Social Times has learnt.

Jonathan arrived first at the residence of General Babangida at about 11am and spent about one hour before going to the residence of General Abdulsalami Abubakar opposite IBB’s house.

He was accompanied to the two Former Nigeria leaders by former Minister of State Finance, Bashar Yuguda from Zamfara state and former Chief of Staff, Chief Mike Oghiadome from Edo state.

Babangida unusually received former President Jonathan upstairs at his private living room as against the common area down stairs where he usually received visitors.

The detail of the discussion between the former leaders was not made known but Babangida and Jonathan, it was gathered held a closed door talk for about 40 minutes upstairs as the duo of Bashar Yuguda and Mike Oghiadome waited at the living room down stairs.

Sources hinted that despite the fact that the detail of the meeting with Babangida and Abdulsalami was not disclosed, the discussion may not be unconnected with the postponed Edo governorship election as well as the 2019 general elections election and the state of affairs in the Peoples Democratic Party.

It was also learnt that the duo of BaBangida and Abdulsalami in their separate meetings with Jonathan raised concerns over the spate of bombings going on in the Niger Delta region by the Niger Delta Avengers and the need to curb the situation.

It was observed that all the time the former President was with the former Nigeria Military Leaders, no visitors were allowed into the houses, as he left Minna about 1pm.

http://www.socialtimesng.com/2016/09/why-jonathan-visited-babangida-abdulsalami/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Jonathan Visited Babangida, Abdulsalami by madridguy(m): 9:22pm On Sep 13, 2016
GEJ go chop Sallah meat for Minna. tongue

17 Likes

Re: Why Jonathan Visited Babangida, Abdulsalami by maryjan8(f): 9:27pm On Sep 13, 2016
Okay
Re: Why Jonathan Visited Babangida, Abdulsalami by yarimo(m): 9:54pm On Sep 13, 2016
Smh GEJ been claiming elder Statesmen and celebrity since 1805AD, Visiting IBB and abdull Salam that is your own problem abeg.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Jonathan Visited Babangida, Abdulsalami by sarrki(m): 10:19pm On Sep 13, 2016
My own thought though

He went to plead on behalf of MAMA PEACE

79 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Jonathan Visited Babangida, Abdulsalami by MrCounselor: 12:25am On Sep 14, 2016
Whatever.
Those guys will welcome him as a stateman, but he's not a soldier, how then will they flow with him?
He's still out of place in their league, until more alumni Democratic Presidos
start coming out will his Elder statemanship be much enjoyed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Jonathan Visited Babangida, Abdulsalami by Thobiy(m): 12:29am On Sep 14, 2016
sarrki:
My own thought though
Let wait and see what happens

1 Like

Re: Why Jonathan Visited Babangida, Abdulsalami by Thisis2raw(m): 2:28am On Sep 14, 2016
I really miss this man. I bet this man can bring Nigeria back to life less than 6months if given power

81 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Jonathan Visited Babangida, Abdulsalami by LesbianBoy(m): 2:54am On Sep 14, 2016
sarrki:
My own thought though

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Jonathan Visited Babangida, Abdulsalami by Standing5(m): 3:02am On Sep 14, 2016
MAMA PEACE's case must be the real reason. The writer implied the meeting detail wasn't known but went ahead to speculate like he knew for sure the details. Paid writers everywhere.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Jonathan Visited Babangida, Abdulsalami by Standing5(m): 3:04am On Sep 14, 2016
Thisis2raw:
I really miss this man. I bet this man can bring Nigeria back to life less than 6months if given power
You miss his önline tout hiring right? If only he will hire you again, it will bring your personal economy up again in 6 months.

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Jonathan Visited Babangida, Abdulsalami by Ugo4ema2015: 6:09am On Sep 14, 2016
Went 2check hw many cattles each of dem slaugterd for sallah
Re: Why Jonathan Visited Babangida, Abdulsalami by Proudlyngwa(m): 6:37am On Sep 14, 2016
Abdul salami , I understand. He is the true hero of democracy (twice)
Ibb, that guy is the genesis of 80 percent of Nigeria's problem.
Anybody going to meet him for anything needs to apply caution.
IBB is for IBB alone
Does anyone remember SAP

8 Likes

Re: Why Jonathan Visited Babangida, Abdulsalami by Limitednow: 6:41am On Sep 14, 2016
So punch newspapers also do copy and paste?

See this story published on 13th September 2016 by social times

http://www.socialtimesng.com/2016/09/why-jonathan-visited-babangida-abdulsalami/

Same story has been published in Punch on 14 of September 2016 without giving credit.

http://punchng.com/jonathan-meets-ibb-abdulsalami-minna/

The Publishers of Social Times should sue them for plagiarism.

6 Likes

Re: Why Jonathan Visited Babangida, Abdulsalami by Nobody: 6:49am On Sep 14, 2016
One proverbs that states'' you have to marry two wives to know the one that is better is true '' but some times, you have to learn from other peoples experiences, Nigeria was not expected to passthrough this stage of retrogression in our history but now the people know better and understand better.
1. How would you have convinced the man in the street that dollar was not going to be equal to Naira if PMB lost.
2. How would you explain to school children that nofood for them if PMB has lost.
3. How do you explain to unemployed that no job, no stipend for them if PMB lost
4. How do you explain to people getting light 12 Hours that it will not be constant based on Fashola statement but now pay high tariff for darkness.
5. How do you explain to people that Boko Haram will still be killing people even when Gen is in charge.
6. How do you explain the fall of crude oil price if PMBlost.
7. How do you explain to the Public why corruption is in PDP and saint hood is in APC.
8. How will you explain fulani herdsmen if PMB lost 9. How will you explain religious and ethnic
intolerance growing among Nigerias if PMB lost.
10. How will you explain that Nigeria is now on
recession. etc(the list is endless) The truth, GEJ allowed Nigeria to have a taste of bad
choice to enable them appreciate good things. He might not be the best but comparing the two devil, he is and will always be better by all standards. we must appreciate good things and change our priorities as a people and country. appreciate good things and have value for hard work and excellence.

Zombies come and kill me!

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Jonathan Visited Babangida, Abdulsalami by RZArecta(m): 6:51am On Sep 14, 2016
grin social times ko p

1 Like

Re: Why Jonathan Visited Babangida, Abdulsalami by phemmie06(m): 6:58am On Sep 14, 2016
yarimo:
Smh GEJ been claiming elder Statesmen and celebrity since 1805AD, Visiting IBB and abdull Salam that is your own problem abeg.
It his not his own problem, cos he is already giving some guys a sleepless night

4 Likes

Re: Why Jonathan Visited Babangida, Abdulsalami by kokoA(m): 7:01am On Sep 14, 2016
Only him Sabi visit people. Who dey visit am? I must belong by force..

4 Likes

Re: Why Jonathan Visited Babangida, Abdulsalami by disloman(m): 7:08am On Sep 14, 2016
sarrki:
My own thought though

Omo!God bless you.O ja si joor.Why didn't he visited them before?why now?

2 Likes

Re: Why Jonathan Visited Babangida, Abdulsalami by Funlordjnr: 7:10am On Sep 14, 2016
Jonathan:" awon generals I hail una! Abeg una fit help me with this my otondo of a wife's looting case? The way magu dey take reject my calls sef fear me! Abeg dis embarrassment don pass be careful"

Abdulsalami! "Kai! Joe that one go hard oh! You know say pmb don warn all man to steer clear of dis him corruption fight and I no want make my name enter their hand maybe ibro fit do something as per biggest boy! Ibro ya ne?

Ibb: "MBA"...........

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Jonathan Visited Babangida, Abdulsalami by Einl(m): 7:10am On Sep 14, 2016
OP no vex...but the title of your write up and the write up itself have nothing in common.

You need to change the title.

1 Like

Re: Why Jonathan Visited Babangida, Abdulsalami by Emmaoga: 7:13am On Sep 14, 2016
Standing5:
MAMA PEACE's case must be the real reason. The writer implied the meeting detail wasn't known but went ahead to speculate like he knew for sure the details. Paid writers everywhere.
Proudlyngwa:
Abdul salami , I understand. He is the true hero of democracy (twice)
Ibb, that guy is the genesis of 80 percent of Nigeria's problem.
Anybody going to meet him for anything needs to apply caution.
IBB is for IBB alone
Does anyone remember SAP
kokoA:
Only him Sabi visit people. Who dey visit am? I must belong by force..
Channel your frustrations to your now president, advice him to visit those that will help our economy grow again.

Make una leave GEJ alone.
its a pity Buhari has made him more popular...... he won in defeat.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Jonathan Visited Babangida, Abdulsalami by Nobody: 7:29am On Sep 14, 2016
All these useless blogs with their nonsense speculations.
GEJ had said it before that he plans to hold consultations with and also formally inform past leaders about the start up of his pet project. Every other thing na jara.
Nonsense journalism.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Jonathan Visited Babangida, Abdulsalami by Georgekyrian(m): 7:32am On Sep 14, 2016
Nigeria!! Good people, great Nation!! #Dj Alpha
Re: Why Jonathan Visited Babangida, Abdulsalami by Limitednow: 7:41am On Sep 14, 2016
sapiosexual1:
All these useless blogs with their nonsense speculations.
GEJ had said it before that he plans to hold consultations with and also formally inform past leaders about the start up of his pet project. Every other thing na jara.
Nonsense journalism.

You must be stupid to think that way.

Why didn't he visit them since? Why now that EFCC is coming close to him?

5 Likes

Re: Why Jonathan Visited Babangida, Abdulsalami by Thisis2raw(m): 8:25am On Sep 14, 2016
Standing5:
You miss his önline tout hiring right? If only he will hire you again, it will bring your personal economy up again in 6 months.
nd u ar still having nightmares even as he nt in powee

1 Like

Re: Why Jonathan Visited Babangida, Abdulsalami by Nobody: 8:28am On Sep 14, 2016
So they can help him appeal to the president not to jail him Because that's where he belongs, along with his obtuse wife.
Re: Why Jonathan Visited Babangida, Abdulsalami by berrystunn(m): 9:00am On Sep 14, 2016
Buhari have a problem.
Re: Why Jonathan Visited Babangida, Abdulsalami by babyfaceafrica: 9:01am On Sep 14, 2016
Limitednow:
So punch newspapers also do copy and paste?

See this story published on 13th September 2016 by social times

Same story has been published in Punch on 14 of September 2016 without giving credit.

http://punchng.com/jonathan-meets-ibb-abdulsalami-minna/

The Publishers of Social Times should sue them.
might be the other way round

1 Like

Re: Why Jonathan Visited Babangida, Abdulsalami by DONSMITH123(m): 9:01am On Sep 14, 2016
Story story
Re: Why Jonathan Visited Babangida, Abdulsalami by anonimi: 9:03am On Sep 14, 2016
Sources hinted that despite the fact that the details of the meeting with IBB was not disclosed, the discussion might not be unconnected with the President Muhammadu Buhari’s anti-corruption war and how it had been affecting Jonathan’s relations, particularly his wife, Patience.

Propaganda food don ready for the zombies oh.
Oya make una come chop.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3206797_123416059658074934612735251373255674989745n_jpeg3f66bee59a7668d2d64db8f955e2f137

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3073565_ctuafvju8aakuv5_jpeg49a942de8e3d1d388856e63d96b767a5

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Jonathan Visited Babangida, Abdulsalami by DONSMITH123(m): 9:04am On Sep 14, 2016
sarrki:
My own thought though

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why We Should Change Nigeria To UAR (United African Republic) / Emir Sanusi Chilling With Obasanjo In London / Shehu Sani Name Missing As Mass Exodus Hits APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.