Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,360 members, 7,812,015 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:19 AM

Regardless Of Recession Nigerians Are Pre-booking For The Iphone 7 In Ikeja - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Regardless Of Recession Nigerians Are Pre-booking For The Iphone 7 In Ikeja (17267 Views)

Identical Twins Who Fooled The Iphone X Face ID / See How Much It Cost Apple To Make The Iphone 10 / The First Man To Buy Iphone 7 In The Middle East (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Regardless Of Recession Nigerians Are Pre-booking For The Iphone 7 In Ikeja by Orikinla(m): 8:53am On Sep 15, 2016
Greenbullet:
am ashamed to be a Nigerian, this recession is just a facade of the average Nigeria's frivolousity.every Nigerian want to live above his or her means that's why they scream recession. how can you be ordering iphone7 and be shouting "no money for Nigeria" ,where you see money take buy iPhone 7?
most of the people buying self cannot even use 5% of its features, you waste money buy am later dey shout NO MONEY,THUNDER GO FIRE YOU
www.naijawatch.ml
[size=20pt]Corrupt Nigerians and the evil cabal in PDP are paying internet trolls to launch campaign of calumny to discredit President Muhammadu Buhari in their desperate plots to frustrate and scuttle the current war against corruption.
But by the infinite Grace of Almighty God JEHOVAH we will overcome and survive all the enemies of our progress in the mighty name of Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.[/size].

1 Like

Re: Regardless Of Recession Nigerians Are Pre-booking For The Iphone 7 In Ikeja by danthamccoy(m): 9:01am On Sep 15, 2016
Emeka71:
Nigerians are so foolish; they can count up to huge amount of money just to buy a phone that will eventually go by one-chance.
You're making the common mistake of equating what you can afford to lose to that of other people. The way you won't feel it too much if your Nokia Asha is looted by one-chance, there are people in this country who will feel that same way about losing an IPhone 7 (not like most people who will buy this phone are at a risk of one-chance but the point remains).
It's funny how people feel they can judge what other people spend their own money on.

1 Like

Re: Regardless Of Recession Nigerians Are Pre-booking For The Iphone 7 In Ikeja by AntiWailer: 9:02am On Sep 15, 2016
nototribalist:
I my self personally saw people pre ordering for the iPhone 7 in slot Ikeja. Where else do we have major phone dealers, oshodi market?

when u finish lieing , you will be free.

Who pre orders phone in Slot ?

SO you saw some one walk into slot and paid his money for iPhone 7 and left without any phone. Swear with your right eye. grin grin grin

You come, buy your phone and leave.

If u say iStore , I might say weeeellll.
Re: Regardless Of Recession Nigerians Are Pre-booking For The Iphone 7 In Ikeja by amerlino(m): 9:03am On Sep 15, 2016
people should invest wisely

Re: Regardless Of Recession Nigerians Are Pre-booking For The Iphone 7 In Ikeja by davidigomanel: 9:04am On Sep 15, 2016
Probably, u don't have money to change to iPhone 7 . ' *sorry bros.
Demigods666:
cheesy

I don't like the iPhone 7.

So I go just they manage my iPhone 6 they go grin
Re: Regardless Of Recession Nigerians Are Pre-booking For The Iphone 7 In Ikeja by nototribalist: 9:05am On Sep 15, 2016
AntiWailer:

when u finish lieing , you will be free.

Who pre orders phone in Slot ?

You come, buy your phone and leave.

If u say iStore , I might say weeeellll.
this shows you don't know slots services, since you think it's a normal buy your phone and go.
Re: Regardless Of Recession Nigerians Are Pre-booking For The Iphone 7 In Ikeja by GoldenJAT(m): 9:05am On Sep 15, 2016
Cubeet2:
You can say that cos you could afford three square meal a day or the spirit of Zombiesm exist in you.
"Nigerians are not that Broke" What kind of useless comment is that. Despite the government admitting that the country is in Recession.
Call a Spade a Spade. How can a Country be better with people like you, who out of"whatever it is" won't charge up the leaders to do up to per
i get ur point bro!!but u neva got mine!!d situation we are witnessin in d country affects some pple no doubt!!but majority of d pple just join in shoutin Buhari 4 fun,so it wont seems as if everitin is Ok with them.
Re: Regardless Of Recession Nigerians Are Pre-booking For The Iphone 7 In Ikeja by bejeria101(m): 9:12am On Sep 15, 2016
Make them no buy phone again,because of recession?
Re: Regardless Of Recession Nigerians Are Pre-booking For The Iphone 7 In Ikeja by bigblackbooty(f): 9:14am On Sep 15, 2016
herzern:

Early dhiz Morninq... embarassed

Concerninq the post....

Niqerians won't use up to 30% of the iPhone 7 functions.....

The sole/main reason for buyinq the phone is to show off and intimidate people.....
So true
Re: Regardless Of Recession Nigerians Are Pre-booking For The Iphone 7 In Ikeja by Nobody: 9:18am On Sep 15, 2016
davidigomanel:
Probably, u don't have money to change to iPhone 7 . ' *sorry bros.

More like I no get money to waste on iPhone 7 when no much difference from its counterpart.
Re: Regardless Of Recession Nigerians Are Pre-booking For The Iphone 7 In Ikeja by mzjaney(f): 9:30am On Sep 15, 2016
lol

Re: Regardless Of Recession Nigerians Are Pre-booking For The Iphone 7 In Ikeja by sinceraconcept(m): 9:40am On Sep 15, 2016
Demigods666:
cheesy

I don't like the iPhone 7.

So I go just they manage my iPhone 6 they go grin
or you don't have the money
Re: Regardless Of Recession Nigerians Are Pre-booking For The Iphone 7 In Ikeja by AntiWailer: 9:50am On Sep 15, 2016
nototribalist:
this shows you don't know slots services, since you think it's a normal buy your phone and go.

My brother, i know slot very well. I have bought not less than 8 phones in slot without exaggeration.

Bought for myself and bought for people.

Slot is even a franchise now such that u can bear slot and be selling phone there.

but i insist that no one does iPhone Pre Order in Slot. Except u are not sincere in your claim to seeing some one do that.

If you said iStore, I will gladly agree.
Re: Regardless Of Recession Nigerians Are Pre-booking For The Iphone 7 In Ikeja by Nobody: 9:59am On Sep 15, 2016
sinceraconcept:
or you don't have the money

Na you get your mouth bros grin
Re: Regardless Of Recession Nigerians Are Pre-booking For The Iphone 7 In Ikeja by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:31am On Sep 15, 2016
The only Place this "recession" is taking place is in the pages of the newspaper, go out to the streets and you will see Nigerians living their normal lives and making their Normal money and Spending it as they like.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Regardless Of Recession Nigerians Are Pre-booking For The Iphone 7 In Ikeja by shuggah(m): 11:40am On Sep 15, 2016
thunder74:
Life continues which ever way.

But seriously, this is not the time for all these luxuries except you are or related to one of *them.

* Yahoo boys
Politicians
Politicians children
And the likes
the rain that disrupts the bricklayer is a blessing to the farmer, the fact that buharinomics is affecting the economy doesn't mean that everyone is experiencing it, my uncle who sells foodstuffs in bulks in awka is praying for d economy to remain like this.
Re: Regardless Of Recession Nigerians Are Pre-booking For The Iphone 7 In Ikeja by shuggah(m): 11:41am On Sep 15, 2016
Emeka71:
Nigerians are so foolish; they can count up to huge amount of money just to buy a phone that will eventually go by one-chance.
insulting other people over their personal decision is stupidity.
Re: Regardless Of Recession Nigerians Are Pre-booking For The Iphone 7 In Ikeja by abbeyty(m): 12:00pm On Sep 15, 2016
so, Nigeria is not broke cuz some politicians and their kids pre order Iphone 7
Re: Regardless Of Recession Nigerians Are Pre-booking For The Iphone 7 In Ikeja by InvertedHammer: 1:17pm On Sep 15, 2016
No big deal.

Nigerians live for the moment and on hope.

Paying N290k for a phone is idealistic as a typical Nigerian is not expected to plan life beyond one year.
Re: Regardless Of Recession Nigerians Are Pre-booking For The Iphone 7 In Ikeja by PortableAngel: 1:57pm On Sep 15, 2016
Apple has released the next generation iPhone at its annual event in San Francisco - the iPhone 7 and the iPhone 7s. Its distinct features are - a pressure sensitive home button, better camera, a fast processor and improved battery life, and as well as having no headphone jacket. It also has improved dust and water resistance. Ranging from 32GB model to 128GB model and 256GB model, the new iPhone 7 has come to stay.

The good news is that there are usually pre-orders for Apple products especially the Apple iPhone around the world. Nigerians are also part of this. Ironically, so many Nigerians can not afford any of the iPhone series let alone iPhone 7.
Africa, of course, is a home for luxurious imported products as expensive tech products gets a big market in Africa. Nigeria and Africa at large usually serve as a dumping ground for high-quality tech products without producing that least one product the world craves for, this is indeed a sorry story.
According to statistics, for 2016 the number of smartphone users in Nigeria is estimated to reach 15.5 million of the 2.6 billion smartphone users in the world. Also, Apple's market share of smartphone vendors worldwide is 16.2% following Samsung's 31.3% share of all shipments as of 2013. Nigeria ranks 17 in the global smartphone usage. This is rather sad for a country which ranks 33 most corrupt country in the world.

Some Nigerians jump at every new version of phones without understanding the features it performs. Some of those who have iPhone 6s will start having the headache on how to get the new iPhone 7s. The desperation for phones has led many Lagos girls to a journey of no return. Funny enough they don't fully understand the features of iPhone 6s. I am sure some people are waiting for the London use, ok wait.

iPhone which was manufactured as far back as 2007 upgrades it's version every year especially in September to meet up with the end of the year peak sales. I think Nigerians should strive towards achieving excellence rather than celebrating luxury. Even some university girls and boys who have no job, whose parents still live in one room apartments use iPhone 6 which worths 192,000 NGN. Then I wonder why they cannot help their parents with the funds.
Two days ago, a friend told me about a young adult who saved the money he made from work and bought his parents who were living in a room and parlour self-contain a house. This may definitely sound unacceptable to some people, but the truth is that it is time for Nigerian youths to start thinking big.

Interestingly, the cost of iPhones drops as soon as an upgraded one is manufactured. We can actually invest our funds in businesses we can get returns, rather than buying goods that would depreciate. It just so interesting that there are some places in Lagos where one can get a good two bedroom flats for less than two hundred and fifty thousand naira.

Nigerians should be wiser at this point. Invest in accommodation which is one of the basic human needs, rather than invest on a phone today.

https://www.tolet.com.ng/blog/iphone-7-for-nigerians/
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Re: Regardless Of Recession Nigerians Are Pre-booking For The Iphone 7 In Ikeja by gbens2000(m): 3:52pm On Sep 15, 2016
ajasbaba:
THIS COUNTRY IS NOT BROKE,

PEOPLE JUST HIDE THERE MONEY FOR HOUSE
my guy common sense the country is broke doesnt mean that it has run out of its rich citizens
Re: Regardless Of Recession Nigerians Are Pre-booking For The Iphone 7 In Ikeja by TBankxx(m): 3:55pm On Sep 15, 2016
I wonder why Amazon is taking long to deliver order
Re: Regardless Of Recession Nigerians Are Pre-booking For The Iphone 7 In Ikeja by asala1: 4:32pm On Sep 15, 2016
These phones are not for Africans, they are designed for the developed world. Even a teenager getting minimum wage will comfortably buy iPhone7 in one month. Don't stress yourselves Nigerians, buy what you can afford, no one cares about you.

1 Like

Re: Regardless Of Recession Nigerians Are Pre-booking For The Iphone 7 In Ikeja by whinnie(f): 4:50pm On Sep 15, 2016
There is recession but most people have decided to live above it,and am not either participating in the recession...

1 Like

Re: Regardless Of Recession Nigerians Are Pre-booking For The Iphone 7 In Ikeja by Nobody: 8:49am On Sep 16, 2016
Thobiy:
Naso

That is it o,just keeping up with the joneses, in another 12months Iphone 8 will be released. This is the only country in the world where phones are regarded as trophies instead of communication tools.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Airtel Complete Social BIS Data Plan Now 3GB / Which GSM Provider Offer The Best Internet Service For Smartphone Users. / Apple Confirms Iphone 8 Is Making A Crackling Sound

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.