Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,584 members, 7,837,209 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

Installing Wordpress Blog Is Really Giving Headache - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Installing Wordpress Blog Is Really Giving Headache (1228 Views)

Hello Webmasters Guess Which Platform This Blog Is On? / Wordpress Blog With Smf Forum Integrated / Help With Installing Wordpress On Godaddy Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Installing Wordpress Blog Is Really Giving Headache by imrandbest(m): 1:33pm On Oct 09, 2009
Greetings Bro in the house!

Please I need your assistance now more than ever, I was trying to install wordpress blog using fantastico on my domain cpanel but it was given some kind of gibberish message that the installation could not be completed.

Asking me to remove wp_content and some other wp_,

Please once again, I'll be looking forward for your replies.

Thanks.
Re: Installing Wordpress Blog Is Really Giving Headache by yawatide(f): 2:54pm On Oct 09, 2009
I have never installed WP but if it is anything like joomla, then chances are you will need to delete, per the "gibberish" message you pasted below, the installation folder in order for the installation to be complete.

Others, make una hail o.
Re: Installing Wordpress Blog Is Really Giving Headache by switch411(m): 3:10pm On Oct 09, 2009
if everything fails,  or if you do not understand what Grand masters like Yawa s saying or where to delete the matter.

try log into your Cpanel then try live chat with the customer service personel. tell  him your problem/request your help copy and paste the message for him to see.hope your host customer relation is good though.

when i was having problems instaling with fantastico, a staff actually help rectify the problem when i asked!!    simple way out though!! all da best!!  

@ webmasters

Nobody gree answer my question on puting smf on wordpress o.
Re: Installing Wordpress Blog Is Really Giving Headache by imrandbest(m): 3:50pm On Oct 09, 2009
@yawa-ti-de

Thanks for your post. That is just one thing I personally like about
NairaLand they always there for you in time of challenge.

@Switch411

I appreciate you as well no one can do it better as you people doing it.

This is the new message just got from Fantastico Home :

Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /tmp/cpanel_phpengine.1255098855.21911Dy4iq85Sbd on line 1227

And the question is which of the HELP DESK do I contact?

Thanks!!
Re: Installing Wordpress Blog Is Really Giving Headache by yawatide(f): 3:52pm On Oct 09, 2009
I think this is an issue for your web host to answer.  Contact your web host, not fantastico and not WP.  By the way, you don't necessarily have to use fantastico - You can go to the respective sites, download the product(s) from there and install in your account. 

As a matter of fact, you probably want to do that as you will get the latest product on your site.  Just go to the respective sites to download install documentation. you could also copy and paste this error in google and I bet you, you will get many results back on how the cause and how to solve it (if it is within your control).

good luck and let us know how it goes.
Re: Installing Wordpress Blog Is Really Giving Headache by WebMonk(m): 4:21pm On Oct 09, 2009
imrandbest:

Greetings Bro in the house!

Please I need your assistance now more than ever, I was trying to install wordpress blog using fantastico on my domain cpanel but it was given some kind of gibberish message that the installation could not be completed.

Asking me to remove wp_content and some other wp_,

Please once again, I'll be looking forward for your replies.

Thanks.

Chances are you have a DB/Table previously created that's preventing a new installation of wordpress (this would be the case if you have more than one instance of wordpress, in parallel or consecutively).

Check you Databases/Tables. (Usually the Fantastico creates a new database for each instance of wordpress.Even if you deleted the files manually, chances are the db (for the first/previous) will still be there.)
Re: Installing Wordpress Blog Is Really Giving Headache by hostmot(f): 5:23pm On Oct 09, 2009
You probably clicked the action button in fantastico twice. As WebMonk has said, check your database (Click the databases link in cpanel and look any a database name ending with _wdpr1 or whatever you named in fantastico).

Secondly, check the installation path using ftp. Delete anything related with wordpress that you see and try installing again.

If problem persists, contact your support.

If they cannot solve it. Go to www.wordpress.org, download the latest version, upload it on your webserver and follow the onscreen instructions. Personally, I prefer this method to fantastico.

Biodun,
OluOmo 1 of Support, Hostmot (www.hostmot.com)
Re: Installing Wordpress Blog Is Really Giving Headache by Nobody: 3:12pm On Oct 10, 2009
The reason why you are having that gibberish message is becos there are conflicting files just remove the file u are asked to removed using ftp to delete and do a fresh installation i have solved this problem on several times
Re: Installing Wordpress Blog Is Really Giving Headache by imrandbest(m): 5:42pm On Oct 10, 2009
@ Feyisara

I appreciate you for your post, I'll do as you people have instructed.

thanks

(1) (Reply)

Help !!!!!! Cant Log In To My Phpmyadmin Any Longer / Free #400 Naira Airtime Bonus / 3 Unbelievable Reasons Why You Need Google Adsense Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.