Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,814 members, 7,813,683 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:15 PM

Madness: Is It Hereditary! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Madness: Is It Hereditary! (2476 Views)

Is Promiscuity Hereditary? / Is She A Chronic Liar Or Is This Madness? / His Girlfriend Is Asthmatic And Its Hereditary ,Should He Leave Her?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Madness: Is It Hereditary! by Emperoh(m): 1:42pm On Oct 09, 2009
Apologies if this has been discussed here, though my search didn't reveal any of such.

Wonderful House Members;
Is Madness hereditary?
Why am I asking?. . . . . .A distant friend after soo much toil and hardwork in the Whyte man's land,
returned to Nigeria and was really helped at the Airport by one very delectable FAAN lady official. . . . .he felt soo appreciative of the ladies gesture
That he didn't forget to take her details. . . . of course the lady was pretty so that added to the fun of seeing her again
Some how they met again, and as they say, grew the rapport, became friends, starting dating and then after 18months,
i guess my guy was convinced he has found her, proposed to her and then deposited his seed in her.

Problem started when we Igbos (the guy's family) in our usual enquiries, discovered the lady had a history of insanity. . . infact she don KOLO before
But was lucky to have been healed and got her life back to normal. . according to the guy, this was about 9 years ago
This has seriously put the marriage plans in serious jeorpardy with the Guy's family arguing that the sickness is hereditary and will surely
resurface not just in the girl again but on their child or children as the case maybe. . . . . . hence the marriage can't be sanctioned and recognised traditionally. . .mind you this lady is delectable in act, character, attitude, professionally and physically. She is pretty! I don use my yes confirm say people dey fine

My own own research revealed that people from my part of Anambra State believes that Madness is hereditary.
I don't know what other parts say or how disposed other cultures are to this belief.
Foreign medicine and research say's madness is caused by external factors; this is what the guy is hanging on to to convince himself he is not making a mistake of choice. . . cos i tell una, my guy is confused. I adviced her to go with his conviction, given that anything that comes about later on has theĀ  stamp of authority of Baba God. Things are on hold now pending when he is convinced fully to go ahead and also convince his family to support him.

People,
What do you guys think? I need serious proof as the young man will be reading your replies. I introduced him to Nairaland.
I also over-head this topic being discussed on radio two days back but didn't have time to concentrate. I believe we can do justice to this topic
So let me hear your views!!!

BTW, Where is Sistawoman? She's been very scarce on this forum lately. Does who have her personal IM pls educate us!
Re: Madness: Is It Hereditary! by ambasue(m): 3:27pm On Oct 09, 2009
Different pple wit their diff beliefs. I dont think it is. In d medical field,it is not and never can be. to me,ur friend should go ahead wit the plans for the wedding if he trully luv d lady in question.it will definately go well with them if he does.
ciao.
smiley cool
Re: Madness: Is It Hereditary! by Emperoh(m): 9:32pm On Oct 09, 2009
Amb asue
Thanks for your advice
Pls more of this pls!!
Re: Madness: Is It Hereditary! by Rooneyboy(m): 10:09pm On Oct 09, 2009
Brother , believe u me it is hereditary , i have seen loads of family that are going through it at the moment .
Re: Madness: Is It Hereditary! by platinumnk(f): 10:15pm On Oct 09, 2009
Rooneyboy:

Brother , believe u me it is hereditary , i have seen loads of family that are going through it at the moment .

Some forms of mental illness is heriditary yet most others are not. I strongly believe that madness are caused from malnutrition and enviroment.

If you love her for who she is, ( not just she is pretty) then go ahead.

Emperoh:

BTW, Where is Sistawoman? She's been very scarce on this forum lately. Does who have her personal IM pls educate us!

Some Self Serving Pricks drove her off Nairaland for good angry angry angry angry angry S-O-Bs's! angry. But if you are serious in talking to her, leave me an offline message and I'll contact her for you.
Re: Madness: Is It Hereditary! by Rooneyboy(m): 10:20pm On Oct 09, 2009
Mind u , It is hereditary doesnt mean i ll call of my relationship because of that ,cos i believe in God and i know he fights every battle.

1 Like

Re: Madness: Is It Hereditary! by Emperoh(m): 5:45am On Oct 10, 2009
Platinuum
PMed you offline. . . the talk about love is not the question here. . my guy is convinced
Could you go ahead to state the causes or species of madness that are and are not hereditary.

Rooneyboy
So are u saying that those who ran mad as a result of hemp smoking, frustration and African insurance
had traits of it in their gene? Or that it must have occured somewhere along their lineage?
Re: Madness: Is It Hereditary! by mamagee6(f): 11:37pm On Oct 11, 2009
Sometimes it's hereditary. undecided
Re: Madness: Is It Hereditary! by aaidel(m): 1:50am On Oct 12, 2009
Men guy it is sometimes just because scientist havent figured out the hereditory link doesnt mean its not almost all nigerian cultures believe it is and they cant all be wrong but if the guy doesnt mind having psycho children then by all means he should go ahead

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Tell A Guy That Admires You,you Don't Like His Fashion Sense Or Style / If A Woman Love You Because Of Your Love Making! What Are You To Her? / Guys How Would You React If A Girl You Were Dating Tells You She Loves You First

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.