Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,693 members, 7,831,152 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

How Do You Tell A Guy That Admires You,you Don't Like His Fashion Sense Or Style - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do You Tell A Guy That Admires You,you Don't Like His Fashion Sense Or Style (2479 Views)

8 Things In A Guy That Have Prompt Many Ladies To Offer Their Body Cheap For Him / Ladies What Are Your Reasons For Refusing A Guy That Admires You? / Ladies: How Do You React When You Know A Guy Admires You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Tell A Guy That Admires You,you Don't Like His Fashion Sense Or Style by Glitt3rz: 5:52pm On Nov 06, 2009
We women know that (real good) men are scarce. I met this guy who is a very good man, good qualities, education, job but what he lacks is fashion. I mean, his dressing is just too plain, and I'm not talking of gucci shoes, versace belt, not at all but at least have some style. How would or should one go about this?
Re: How Do You Tell A Guy That Admires You,you Don't Like His Fashion Sense Or Style by yme1(f): 5:58pm On Nov 06, 2009
if that is his dress sense i dont think you can change him
remember, you can take a boy out of the ghetto but you cant take the ghaeto out of the boy
Re: How Do You Tell A Guy That Admires You,you Don't Like His Fashion Sense Or Style by BoredAtWor: 6:03pm On Nov 06, 2009
@Glitt3rz

How about you buy some stylish stuff for him.
Politely tell him, you would like him to wear more of stuff like this.

His reaction to this would let you know if you are doomed to be with a fashion-less guy or if there is hope for improvement.
Re: How Do You Tell A Guy That Admires You,you Don't Like His Fashion Sense Or Style by ayomidej(f): 6:04pm On Nov 06, 2009
Of course you can change it when you go out buy some him the kind of clothes you like.
Re: How Do You Tell A Guy That Admires You,you Don't Like His Fashion Sense Or Style by iice(f): 6:04pm On Nov 06, 2009
By telling him. . .e.g i don't do pink shirts grin

You can gradually introduce him to certain styles. . . like buy him a piece you like and know will look good on him. Try to persuade him to try it out once, if he doesn't like it. . .you can try some other piece.
Re: How Do You Tell A Guy That Admires You,you Don't Like His Fashion Sense Or Style by Glitt3rz: 6:07pm On Nov 06, 2009
iice:

By telling him. . .e.g i don't do pink shirts grin

You can gradually introduce him to certain styles. . . like buy him a piece you like and know will look good on him. Try to persuade him to try it out once, if he doesn't like it. . .you can try some other piece.

wow! shocked That's too blunt. He's not a boyfriend yet just someone that happens to admire me and has very good qualities but the fashion sense is obstructing.
Re: How Do You Tell A Guy That Admires You,you Don't Like His Fashion Sense Or Style by Glitt3rz: 6:09pm On Nov 06, 2009
y me:

if that is his dress sense i dont think you can change him
remember, you can take a boy out of the ghetto but you cant take the ghaeto out of the boy

But that's me losing a potential real good man.

BoredAtWor:

@Glitt3rz

How about you buy some stylish stuff for him.
Politely tell him, you would like him to wear more of stuff like this.

His reaction to this would let you know if you are doomed to be with a fashion-less guy or if there is hope for improvement.

ayomidej:

Of course you can change it when you go out buy some him the kind of clothes you like.

But he isn't a boyfriend yet so how do I just tell him things like that?
Re: How Do You Tell A Guy That Admires You,you Don't Like His Fashion Sense Or Style by Digriz(m): 6:10pm On Nov 06, 2009
Some men are like that and u cnt change him rather tolerate him since u love him and wl like to settle down wt him. If that is d only thing u hate abt him it means u've found ur betterhalf.
Re: How Do You Tell A Guy That Admires You,you Don't Like His Fashion Sense Or Style by chrisshado(m): 6:22pm On Nov 06, 2009
is it only the ladies dat are commenting here well d fashion style of a guy is dependant on his nature of work first of all but normally u ve 2 l**k gud in any style of dressing u are using
secondly if as a girl u don like d fashion style of ur guy i think b4 u buy any stuff 4 him u let him know abt ur sense of humour towards his fashion style i think guys like wen their girls tell them things dat dey like and dislike abt them if not all guys I DO
thirdly some1 said dat U CAN TAKE A GUY OUT OF D GHETO BUT CAN'T TAKE THE GHETO OUT OF HIM note its not only ghetho boys dat don't know how to dress infact most ghetho boys dresses more dan d so called jebbis am a ghotho guy and i know how to dress and ma crew, pals and frnds are all ghetho boys and dey know how to dress
IF U ARE L**KING 4 STYLE 4 UR GUY CONTACT THE GHETO
Re: How Do You Tell A Guy That Admires You,you Don't Like His Fashion Sense Or Style by iice(f): 6:25pm On Nov 06, 2009
Glitt3rz:

wow! shocked That's too blunt. He's not a boyfriend yet just someone that happens to admire me and has very good qualities but the fashion sense is obstructing.

All the more better to be blunt lol.

Ok he's not a boyfriend so the buying stuff doesn't come in yet. Just prod and see how what fashion he likes, his attitude and thoughts towards come fashions. Try telling him about they kind of looks you like etc. If he doesn't like your fashion sense. . .then sorry ooo lol
Re: How Do You Tell A Guy That Admires You,you Don't Like His Fashion Sense Or Style by BoredAtWor: 6:27pm On Nov 06, 2009
@ iice

HA HA HA
WHA is wrong with PINK shirts.

I have a collections of pint shirts that look sexy on me ( if I may say so myself)
grin grin grin
Re: How Do You Tell A Guy That Admires You,you Don't Like His Fashion Sense Or Style by iice(f): 6:28pm On Nov 06, 2009
^^Well there is one guy i won't be nearing grin

I don't do pink wink
Re: How Do You Tell A Guy That Admires You,you Don't Like His Fashion Sense Or Style by BoredAtWor: 6:30pm On Nov 06, 2009
^^^^^^^^^^^ Dont worry on our dates I promise not to wear my sexy pink shirt ha ha ha

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Do You Tell A Guy That Admires You,you Don't Like His Fashion Sense Or Style by iice(f): 6:32pm On Nov 06, 2009
Too late! I already know you have pinks grin

[s]don't count on seeing those pink shirts again[/s] grin
Re: How Do You Tell A Guy That Admires You,you Don't Like His Fashion Sense Or Style by BoredAtWor: 6:35pm On Nov 06, 2009
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ angry angry angry angry angry
Re: How Do You Tell A Guy That Admires You,you Don't Like His Fashion Sense Or Style by whitelexi(m): 6:37pm On Nov 06, 2009
Free the guy to dress how he wants abeg grin grin grin

You should visit my team at work grin grin grin Dont even mention anything about dress sense/fashion cos they'll take it up with u. . . Immediately grin grin grin
Re: How Do You Tell A Guy That Admires You,you Don't Like His Fashion Sense Or Style by iice(f): 6:41pm On Nov 06, 2009
BoredAtWor:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ angry angry angry angry angry

cheesy cheesy
Re: How Do You Tell A Guy That Admires You,you Don't Like His Fashion Sense Or Style by BoredAtWor: 6:48pm On Nov 06, 2009
^^^^^^^^^^ BY the way where is Bon Temps
grin angry smiley wink cheesy grin angry sad shocked cool tongue embarassed lipsrsealed undecided kiss cry
Re: How Do You Tell A Guy That Admires You,you Don't Like His Fashion Sense Or Style by iice(f): 6:52pm On Nov 06, 2009
grin It's where there are no pink shirts grin
Re: How Do You Tell A Guy That Admires You,you Don't Like His Fashion Sense Or Style by BoredAtWor: 6:58pm On Nov 06, 2009
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Sounds like your definition of PARADICE
Re: How Do You Tell A Guy That Admires You,you Don't Like His Fashion Sense Or Style by iice(f): 7:00pm On Nov 06, 2009
Paradise is the gorgeous beach! cheesy
Re: How Do You Tell A Guy That Admires You,you Don't Like His Fashion Sense Or Style by Sauron1: 7:09pm On Nov 06, 2009
Glitt3rz:

We women know that (real good) men are scarce. I met this guy who is a very good man, good qualities, education, job but what he lacks is fashion. I mean, his dressing is just too plain, and I'm not talking of gucci shoes, versace belt, not at all but at least have some style. How would or should one go about this?

Change his wardrobe. cool
Re: How Do You Tell A Guy That Admires You,you Don't Like His Fashion Sense Or Style by Pittbaby(f): 7:30pm On Nov 06, 2009
as long as his personal hygiene is good , overlook it . How many shirts are you going to buy for him unless you have an extreme makeover kind of budget. The most important thing is he is a good guy , it will be worse if he looked GQ and is the devil incarnate

at the most offer to go shopping with him and help him choose clothes , that way the light bulb goes of and he is able to self correct.
Re: How Do You Tell A Guy That Admires You,you Don't Like His Fashion Sense Or Style by nich(m): 7:52pm On Nov 06, 2009
you could be subtle about it. just like writing long-term goals, u strategise over a period of time how to implement the 'make-over'. doesnt have to be all paid for by you. not even up to 40%.  wink 

. . . the mind is an extremely powerful tool.
Re: How Do You Tell A Guy That Admires You,you Don't Like His Fashion Sense Or Style by Fhemmmy: 8:03pm On Nov 06, 2009
Buy him what you would like in in, however, make sure it is a color that he will like, else, you just wasted your money
Re: How Do You Tell A Guy That Admires You,you Don't Like His Fashion Sense Or Style by Druss(m): 8:39pm On Nov 06, 2009
Na his fashion be your problem? only his fashion - and that is a show stopper for you

Do you realise that if you marry the guy - he automatically looks towards you for fashion tips ,

no dump guy over fashion - cheating, whoring, binging yes but not fashion!!
Re: How Do You Tell A Guy That Admires You,you Don't Like His Fashion Sense Or Style by missSexy: 2:57am On Nov 07, 2009
good luck!!!!! i had the same problem with one of my exe's, i even told him about it. we would go shopping for him but he would end up getting nothing for himself. he dressed white, u know walmart kinda clothes that looked like they were made in the 80's. anyway after sometime, i just got tired of having to hide him from my friends. he was so embarrassing. so i dropped him.
Re: How Do You Tell A Guy That Admires You,you Don't Like His Fashion Sense Or Style by Nobody: 3:37am On Nov 07, 2009
Some guys are just like that.

A friend of mine::: I told him several times to change his fashion sense, abuse him, encourage him, tried my best to improve his fashion style but still yet he dresses like papas  grin

@Poster

You can't just change him, maybe gradually but they naturally doesn't give a damn about fashion, they don't care about it.

It's just their way, i have seen several guys with low fashion sense  embarassed
Re: How Do You Tell A Guy That Admires You,you Don't Like His Fashion Sense Or Style by Amigoz(f): 4:56am On Nov 07, 2009
nich:

you could be subtle about it. just like writing long-term goals, u strategise over a period of time how to implement the 'make-over'. doesnt have to be all paid for by you. not even up to 40%.  wink 

. . . the mind is an extremely powerful tool.

Nich has spoken!

@op

Rome wasnt built in a day. Think about it. . . . .
Re: How Do You Tell A Guy That Admires You,you Don't Like His Fashion Sense Or Style by LordReed(m): 7:57pm On Nov 07, 2009
Glitt3rz:

But he isn't a boyfriend yet so how do I just tell him things like that?

Since he is not why does it bother u? If u are thinkin of dating him den I suggest u make up ur mind based on his other redeeming qualities and quit stringing him along.
Re: How Do You Tell A Guy That Admires You,you Don't Like His Fashion Sense Or Style by Nobody: 8:33pm On Nov 07, 2009
So fashion is his only vice? well thats better than those lying, cheating goons polluting the cities grin. Girl go ahead and make it official and gradually take him shopping. wink
Re: How Do You Tell A Guy That Admires You,you Don't Like His Fashion Sense Or Style by Pharoh: 9:26pm On Nov 07, 2009
Let him be it is his choice or don't you know what you are doing is what ladies don't want to hear from a guy. You said he has other qualities you desire in a guy so what else do you want? Perfect Guy ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Seriously Does The White Wedding Gown Represent Virginity? / Forgiven People Is Not A Sin / place of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.