Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,592 members, 7,809,146 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:18 AM

Heartbreaking Act By Policemen At Ketu Bus Stop On Eid Day - NewseveryHour.com - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Heartbreaking Act By Policemen At Ketu Bus Stop On Eid Day - NewseveryHour.com (38929 Views)

Man Shot In The Buttocks By Policemen During Protest In Abuja. Graphic Photos / Kidnapper Shot Dead By Policemen At Ajamoghan, Warri (Graphic Photos) / Man And His Friends Detained By Policemen At Ojuelegba Unit Without Charges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Heartbreaking Act By Policemen At Ketu Bus Stop On Eid Day - NewseveryHour.com by contactmorak: 11:04pm On Sep 15, 2016
This is not a hearsay. It is was an incident witnessed at Ketu Bus stop Lagos state at around 11:30 pm on the 12th of September, 2016 (Eid el-Kabir day) by Newseveryhour.com. Also, the cabmen stationed at the entrance of Ikosi road maybe able to attest to this if asked.

I got to Ketu Bus stop around 11:20 and while waiting for a commercial bus to convey me to Ikorodu where i reside, i developed a serious chill after seeing what was unfolding at the other side of the road. Obviously because of the holiday, the usually busy Ketu Bus stop looked deserted with only a few people and vehicles moving around.

What happened that night was that some men in mufti up to three in number had grabbed a young lady ( around 26-28 years of age) by her jeans trousers and dragged her towards the Ketu police station just at the bus stop there. This was the lady who was in the bus with me from Ajah and we had alighted together at Ketu while she crossed to the other side. She was decently dressed in my opinion and could pass for an everyday girl-next-door. The lady who looked puzzled as she was being dragged away by the men, seems to be pleading and asking them what her offence was, going by her gesticulations under the dimly lit Street lights.

A few people around the spot had scampered for safety as it seems the men were out for any random person they could lay their hands on. However, one brave middle aged man from our end of the road quickly crossed over to challenge the men in mufti to let the the lady go. We could hear him shout "E file, Iyawo Ile mi ni" (LEAVE HER, SHE IS MY WIFE). By now, the man was already dragging the lady with the police men.. The next thing we saw was that the police men left the lady and started punching the young man in the face. The lady quickly walked away from the scene while her "saviour" was being brutalised. After getting to a distance, she looked back to see the man being attacked and then she hastened her steps again.

The punching was so much, the man fell down and they started dragging him on the ground. At a point, they started marching on him and kicking him hard with their big boots. They eventually dragged him out of sight into the police station.

At this point, i was almost shedding tears. And i asked myself, if i can't trust the police to protect me, then what's my fate in this country called Nigeria? Ideally, I should be confident to walk even at 3.Am at a place like Ketu Bus stop just for the fact that there is a police station there. Unfortunately, the police officers that have been empowered to protect me and who are also getting their salaries paid from people's tax are my number one preys.

I have been trying to ignore writing on what i witnessed that night, but every time i think about it, i keep getting haunted to report it because that lady arrested for nothing could have been my wife, my sister or a family member and only God knows how many innocent women are currently in the police nets. The man too could be my uncle or just any of my loved ones.

Further findings from many residence of that area revealed that the police officers have been tormenting innocent passersby for many years and that their modus operandi is to pick random innocent people, and take them into their stations accusing them of one crime or another with the hope that the victims or their family members will pay for bail out of the situation.

Recently, at the birthday celebration of the Lagos Police PRO, Dolapo Badmos in Ikeja, she reiterated the commitment of the Lagos State Police Command under the leadership of the commissioner, Mr. Fatai Owoseni to make sure Lagos state is a safe place for all and also rid the command of bad eggs. To say that the incident at Ketu Bus stop was a clear stain on the image of the Lagos State Police command whch the current administration is making good efforts to clean up is an understatement, it is a clear attempt to undermine and frustrate the good works of the current police leadership in Lagos.

Therefore, we hope that the right people do something about this unwholesome development so that what happened at Ketu Bus stop on Eid el-kabir day does not repeat...

Source:
http://www.newseveryhour.com/2016/09/heartbreaking-act-by-nigerian-policemen.html

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Heartbreaking Act By Policemen At Ketu Bus Stop On Eid Day - NewseveryHour.com by bonechamberlain(m): 11:08pm On Sep 15, 2016
Next time try hide and snap those illiterates with guns, as real evidence so they can't get away, with all these write-up and no pics to back it up, how are those evil men on black going to be dealt with, who knows if they haven't killed that man.

Nigeria isn't a country, very useless place angry

96 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Heartbreaking Act By Policemen At Ketu Bus Stop On Eid Day - NewseveryHour.com by micfoley: 11:11pm On Sep 15, 2016
So sad. I hope someone up there in the Police heirarchy will read this and intervene. The said man could be dying in detention right now

13 Likes

Re: Heartbreaking Act By Policemen At Ketu Bus Stop On Eid Day - NewseveryHour.com by Emo101(m): 11:17pm On Sep 15, 2016
Police Ke Na Our No 1 Enemy Be Those Animal..THOUGH THERE ARE STILL POLICE WEY GOOD SMALL SHA...ONE THING I REALISE IS NO TRY BLOW BIG GRAMMER IN FRONT OF THEM SHA..THAT MEANS U DEY ON UR OWN

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Heartbreaking Act By Policemen At Ketu Bus Stop On Eid Day - NewseveryHour.com by contactmorak: 11:20pm On Sep 15, 2016
bonechamberlain:
Next time try hide and snap those illiterates with guns, as real evidence so they can't get away, with all these write-up and no pics to back it up, how are those evil men on black going to be dealt with, who knows if they haven't killed that man.

I thought about snapping it, but i wasn't too sure if they don't have some of their colleagues behind me. Those people can kill any innocent person. They are just too desperate

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Heartbreaking Act By Policemen At Ketu Bus Stop On Eid Day - NewseveryHour.com by oglalasioux(m): 11:52pm On Sep 15, 2016
The Nigerian police is full of lowlifes and frustrated men. 90% of policemen never even had the ambition of being law enforcement officers. The police is a good cover for perpetrators of petty crimes in this sorry country.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Heartbreaking Act By Policemen At Ketu Bus Stop On Eid Day - NewseveryHour.com by nifemi25(m): 12:12am On Sep 16, 2016
The story might be other way round if you snapped them. The worst part of it is that they embarrassed any one they see on the street cos they are searching for the yahoo boys.

10 Likes

Re: Heartbreaking Act By Policemen At Ketu Bus Stop On Eid Day - NewseveryHour.com by bonechamberlain(m): 1:10am On Sep 16, 2016
contactmorak:

I thought about snapping it, but i wasn't too sure if they don't have some of their colleagues behind me. Those people can kill any innocent person. They are just too desperate
the problems in this country is just too mucg angry

5 Likes

Re: Heartbreaking Act By Policemen At Ketu Bus Stop On Eid Day - NewseveryHour.com by otitokoroleti: 10:24pm On Sep 16, 2016
Most of NPF officer suppose to be in yabaleft to recieve treatment.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Heartbreaking Act By Policemen At Ketu Bus Stop On Eid Day - NewseveryHour.com by Pennyways: 10:25pm On Sep 16, 2016
I dislike police than any other security forces we have in this country. Let me say my spirit hate them

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Heartbreaking Act By Policemen At Ketu Bus Stop On Eid Day - NewseveryHour.com by banmee(m): 10:25pm On Sep 16, 2016
What a country.

4 Likes

Re: Heartbreaking Act By Policemen At Ketu Bus Stop On Eid Day - NewseveryHour.com by Ask4bigneyo(m): 10:26pm On Sep 16, 2016
ok
Re: Heartbreaking Act By Policemen At Ketu Bus Stop On Eid Day - NewseveryHour.com by Ayoswit(f): 10:27pm On Sep 16, 2016
Police is ur friend yet innocent citizens are been killed and molested. If they meet d real men( armed robbers ), they will take cover, foolish people.

12 Likes

Re: Heartbreaking Act By Policemen At Ketu Bus Stop On Eid Day - NewseveryHour.com by gift01: 10:27pm On Sep 16, 2016
Nigeria Police is not your friend

7 Likes

Re: Heartbreaking Act By Policemen At Ketu Bus Stop On Eid Day - NewseveryHour.com by SamuelAnyawu(m): 10:29pm On Sep 16, 2016
Nigeria Police are Dullards cool
Tho there are few of them who are Nice cool

7 Likes

Re: Heartbreaking Act By Policemen At Ketu Bus Stop On Eid Day - NewseveryHour.com by raebox: 10:30pm On Sep 16, 2016
hmmmnnnn. man o war better those yeye police
Re: Heartbreaking Act By Policemen At Ketu Bus Stop On Eid Day - NewseveryHour.com by Skelewu: 10:31pm On Sep 16, 2016
bonechamberlain:

I concur. A zoological garden it is.

6 Likes

Re: Heartbreaking Act By Policemen At Ketu Bus Stop On Eid Day - NewseveryHour.com by younglas: 10:31pm On Sep 16, 2016
rubbish undecided

1 Like

Re: Heartbreaking Act By Policemen At Ketu Bus Stop On Eid Day - NewseveryHour.com by b0rn2fuck(m): 10:32pm On Sep 16, 2016
The ketu police station are the worst of all, that's how they normally do.

5 Likes

Re: Heartbreaking Act By Policemen At Ketu Bus Stop On Eid Day - NewseveryHour.com by Bowaley17(m): 10:32pm On Sep 16, 2016
Naija police no get sense. They need proper orientation. Let them continue,very soon they will jam a soldier in mufti and their lives will never remain the same again.

15 Likes

Re: Heartbreaking Act By Policemen At Ketu Bus Stop On Eid Day - NewseveryHour.com by ucheheart(m): 10:32pm On Sep 16, 2016
The police is ur worst nightmare

5 Likes

Re: Heartbreaking Act By Policemen At Ketu Bus Stop On Eid Day - NewseveryHour.com by SABA2002(m): 10:32pm On Sep 16, 2016
Bros police na the same thing every where for naija.

Even for Rivers state here e get one yeye policeman by the name obiora for oyigbo police station way collect person I pass my neighbour generator, because the old generator no get receipt. grin grin grin grin grin

Some Nigeria policemen and women are wicked and God go continue to punish them.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Heartbreaking Act By Policemen At Ketu Bus Stop On Eid Day - NewseveryHour.com by slimzy28(m): 10:33pm On Sep 16, 2016
Lot of bad eggs in NPF

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Heartbreaking Act By Policemen At Ketu Bus Stop On Eid Day - NewseveryHour.com by Phiniter(m): 10:35pm On Sep 16, 2016
Experienced it. On the 16th of May, (won't forget the date ever). Went for a meeting in Yaba and finished late around 11PM, was waiting there by Sabo bustop for a bus headed to Obalende, when this bus came and parked in front of me, I peered into it and wasn't comfortable with what I saw, in fact the first thing that crossed my mind was they were one chance, but before I would turn and walk off, 2 men on mufti where already down from the bus, one dragging me by the belt. Even the few people who where also waiting for a bus along with me already scampered away leaving me in the hands of the merciless beings. Before I would open my mouth to ask what was going on, slaps began to rain on me, as they draGged me into their bus. Not until I entered that I realized they where cops and I understood why no-one came to my aid as there were stiLl a handful of traders selling their wares that night. I've never been so humiliated before in my life, they immediately told me to empty my pockets, I tried again 'Officer what have I done?' The driver (the only person in Uniform) turned and told me if I don't comply with them and open that my stinking mouth again they would shoot my legs. Ah. I kuku shut my mouth and started obeying them oh. I emptied my pocket, (thank God I decided to buy condoms later). Brought out my phone and about 4K with me. It was a sad experience my guys... To cut the long story short, I had to part with the cash to avoid being taken to the cell that night, plus I received correct slaps that took more than a week for my jaws to heal properly.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Heartbreaking Act By Policemen At Ketu Bus Stop On Eid Day - NewseveryHour.com by k10: 10:37pm On Sep 16, 2016
that ketu police station has always been like that for years!! Something needs to be done about it!

11 Likes

Re: Heartbreaking Act By Policemen At Ketu Bus Stop On Eid Day - NewseveryHour.com by babyfaceafrica: 10:37pm On Sep 16, 2016
Ok
Re: Heartbreaking Act By Policemen At Ketu Bus Stop On Eid Day - NewseveryHour.com by step1: 10:39pm On Sep 16, 2016
I have experienced worse. NPF are the worst. We need more solders and less NPF

2 Likes

Re: Heartbreaking Act By Policemen At Ketu Bus Stop On Eid Day - NewseveryHour.com by AnodaIT(m): 10:39pm On Sep 16, 2016
This era of smartphone, no single pix, even if blurred or taken from a far.
Re: Heartbreaking Act By Policemen At Ketu Bus Stop On Eid Day - NewseveryHour.com by nairaman66(m): 10:40pm On Sep 16, 2016
Check my
Signature

2 Likes

Re: Heartbreaking Act By Policemen At Ketu Bus Stop On Eid Day - NewseveryHour.com by armadeo(m): 10:41pm On Sep 16, 2016
Men in black .

Job seekers don't take police work if offered. Even if you are in the office the pressure of curses meted out on your colleagues on the road would find its way to you.

Show me a policeman that is really happy. You can't continue with such evil and get away with it. They reap here and in the afterlife

Bast........

10 Likes

Re: Heartbreaking Act By Policemen At Ketu Bus Stop On Eid Day - NewseveryHour.com by davidif: 10:41pm On Sep 16, 2016
So the lady did not run to go help her savior? What of the other passerby's?

3 Likes

Re: Heartbreaking Act By Policemen At Ketu Bus Stop On Eid Day - NewseveryHour.com by smogup: 10:43pm On Sep 16, 2016
Conte why

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mustapha Dikko, Friend Of Bilyamin Muhammed Bello: "Maryam Sanda Separated Us" / Ugandan Maid Reveals Why She Beat Up The Baby So Bad / Military: Why We Didn’t Kill Katsina Schoolboys’ Abductors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.