Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,273 members, 7,818,930 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

James Ibori The Criminal. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / James Ibori The Criminal. (6196 Views)

Picture Of Ibori- The Ogidigbodigbo Of Africa In The Klink / In Defence Of Ibori: The Maximum Force Is Uncalled For! / James Onanefe Ibori The Criminal! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: James Ibori The Criminal. by SapeleGuy: 10:04pm On Oct 11, 2009
MrCrackles

My 'I am afraid so' was in response to your 'am i wrong' question. In the best tradition of innocent until proven guilty, you have already passed judgement
Re: James Ibori The Criminal. by redsun(m): 10:21pm On Oct 11, 2009
Nigerian government is committing crimes against humanity,they are worst than the nazis in the sense that the nazis were at least inventive,but these people,nigerian politicians are just hopelessly thick and destructive imbeciles,people like ibori,obj,ibb,ikimi,atiku,anennih,igbendion,kalu,gbogbue.
Re: James Ibori The Criminal. by MrCrackles(m): 10:24pm On Oct 11, 2009
SapeleGuy:

MrCrackles
My 'I am afraid so' was in response your 'am i wrong' question. In the best tradition of innocent until proven guilty, you have already passed judgement
I tire for you. . . .
Re: James Ibori The Criminal. by Nobody: 10:26pm On Oct 11, 2009
see all these useless Yorubas beefing uncle jamiu cry
Re: James Ibori The Criminal. by bawomolo(m): 10:35pm On Oct 11, 2009
leave uncle jamiu alone cheesy
Re: James Ibori The Criminal. by redsun(m): 10:39pm On Oct 11, 2009
Why does it seem normal that africans have to be backward?Why do we have to accept the role of degenerates?
Re: James Ibori The Criminal. by mamagee6(f): 11:46pm On Oct 11, 2009
That man is a real thief. undecided
Re: James Ibori The Criminal. by rasputinn(m): 7:20am On Oct 12, 2009
SapeleGuy:

I have to question your sincerity when you dismiss the charges against obasanjo, turaki, grange, kalu and others as 'clutching at straws'. Why don't you go the whole hog and discharge and acquit them.

Simple thing,just start threads in their names and anybody who has info to share concerning their cases will post them there,that's the appropriate thing to do.This thread reads Ibori;the criminal and it's meant to dissect the criminal nature of Ibori to prevent the many doubting Thomasses and all other persons that may not have known the real character of Ibori from being misled by Ibori's recent attempt to launder his image in Nigeria's print and electronic media and to let him know that we're not all fooled by his shenanigans
Re: James Ibori The Criminal. by s4: 10:05am On Oct 12, 2009
@Sapeleguy:
You baffle me. Your stand on this case is not clear all. I dont want to believe what my mind is suggesting. But A thief does not have another name. A thief is a Thief and in our culture such people are not allowed. Anytime i read your comment it seems to me that you are an Ibori APPOLOGIST. Sentiments should not be allowed to take over us if we want to build a NEW NIGERIA. A NEW NIGERIA that will allow our children to have a FREE LIFE FOR THEMSELVES.
Re: James Ibori The Criminal. by SapeleGuy: 1:21pm On Oct 12, 2009
s4:

@Sapeleguy: 
You baffle me. Your stand on this case is not clear all. I dont want to believe what my mind is suggesting. But A thief does not have another name. A thief is a Thief and in our culture such people are not allowed. Anytime i read your comment it seems to me that you are an Ibori APPOLOGIST. Sentiments should not be allowed to take over us if we want to build a NEW NIGERIA. A NEW NIGERIA that will allow our children to have a FREE LIFE FOR THEMSELVES.

My stand is crystal clear. The point where we differ is you say 'a thief' and I say 'thieves'.  Anything worth doing is worth doing well  PROSECUTE ALL LOOTERS.  and do so without fear or favour.

I say prosecute them whether they come from North, South, East or West.
Prosecute them whether their crime was committed 3 days ago or 30 years ago.
Remove immunity and prosecute them now.

Eradication of corruption is a shared liability, please read this thread to understand where i am coming from.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-259676.0.html

All I have asked is that we apply the law without partiality, fear or favour.
Re: James Ibori The Criminal. by s4: 1:35pm On Oct 12, 2009
@Beaf
No, I don't think that's his point. I understand SapeleGuy's position perfectly. We all know that Ibori is a criminal. But there is the more subtle game that Niger Delta people are aware of; it is the political traps the FG has been laying instead of being true to their word and resolving the ND issues once and for all. There are a lot of paid nagative propaganda mongers spreading deliberate falsehoods and hyping anything negative about the ND to the exclusion of all else.

What exactly is his point. No hide and seek game in here.
Re: James Ibori The Criminal. by SapeleGuy: 1:38pm On Oct 12, 2009
^^^PROSECUTE ALL LOOTERS  that is my point or do you disagree?
Re: James Ibori The Criminal. by Beaf: 1:44pm On Oct 12, 2009
s4:

@Beaf
No, I don't think that's his point. I understand SapeleGuy's position perfectly. We all know that Ibori is a criminal. But there is the more subtle game that Niger Delta people are aware of; it is the political traps the FG has been laying instead of being true to their word and resolving the ND issues once and for all. There are a lot of paid nagative propaganda mongers spreading deliberate falsehoods and hyping anything negative about the ND to the exclusion of all else.

What exactly is his point. No hide and seek game in here.

I don't see any hide and seek games in my position, but there is a subtle game being played elsewhere. Yes, Ibori is a criminal; but why are there are very few threads about Atiku (Harlibuton), IBB, Tinubu (drug baron) etc; are these people not worth our attention as well?
Re: James Ibori The Criminal. by citizenY(m): 2:05pm On Oct 12, 2009
@bEAF

WHY DON'T U OPEN THE THREADS,

WE'LL DISCUSS THEM IF YOU HAVE THE DETAILS.

SHAME ONE SHAME ALL
Re: James Ibori The Criminal. by rasputinn(m): 7:08am On Oct 14, 2009
SapeleGuy:

^^^PROSECUTE ALL LOOTERS that is my point or do you disagree?

Open threads for them na

Beaf:

I don't see any hide and seek games in my position, but there is a subtle game being played elsewhere. Yes, Ibori is a criminal; but why are there are very few threads about Atiku (Harlibuton), IBB, Tinubu (drug baron) etc; are these people not worth our attention as well?

citizenY:

@bEAF

WHY DON'T U OPEN THE THREADS,

WE'LL DISCUSS THEM IF YOU HAVE THE DETAILS.

SHAME ONE SHAME ALL

So beaf have you followed citizenY's advice to open threads for your subjects?do so for this is for ibori and ibori alone
Re: James Ibori The Criminal. by komekn(m): 5:12pm On Oct 14, 2009
What Ibori is and represents is not in dispute by the majority of observers, and this elementary attempt at white washing just won’t work. The real issue is, does the possibility exist of a conviction and commensurate punishment (consider Lucky Igbinedion)

Sapeleguy;
James Ibori stands out because most likely he stole the most has the highest standing politically, probably the most astute at deception, misinformation and the manipulation of governmental structure’s and processes. He has moved from being a local state champion to the major player in the heartbeat of our supposed democracy in Aso rock.

From a petty credit card thief (Olodu) in London to a multi billionaire (naira). Something else you should know his PR machine will never suggest that he will come to London to make his defence, you see all those assumed names used to commit fraud and jump bail will now converge through finger print identification, in the 1990’s CIT convergence was limited as a result police, home office records were not networked the way they are now Europe wide in a second.

On the 30 year thing I like the idea, application will be challenging, for example a particular Minister of Finance in the 1st republic executed during the first military coup(if you be sapele you will know him well) well his 1st daughter has never worked a day in the UK, but has a house and lives on Bishops avenue, Finchley. (my London nairalanders is there a house on this avenue less than 5million pounds?) The issue is, this money may not be in the hands of the thieves directly but convenient family members, friends, corporate entities etc,etc,

Still on the Ibori issue will Uduagha ever probe Ibori his first cousin and godfather
Re: James Ibori The Criminal. by SapeleGuy: 6:04pm On Oct 14, 2009
komekn:

On the 30 year thing I like the idea, application will be challenging, for example a particular Minister of Finance in the 1st republic executed during the first military coup(if you be sapele you will know him well) well his 1st daughter has never worked a day in the UK,  but has a house and lives on Bishops avenue, Finchley. (my London nairalanders is there a house on this avenue less than 5million pounds?) The issue is, this money may not be in the hands of the thieves directly but convenient family members, friends, corporate entities etc,etc,

If you have any proof of wrongdoing, please present it instead of slandering one of Nigeria's greatest sons. If you do your research (instead of listening to gossip) you will know that he was a very very wealthy man before he went into politics.

If you want to talk about legacy and achievement there has not been a more successful or astute Minister of Finance since.

This man was responsible for setting up the following:
1 The Central Bank.
2 The Naira Currency.
3 The Nigerian Stock Exchange.

I will leave you with a quote.

"The ten-year economic development plan which the Federal Government released in 1964 had largely been crafted by the late Chief and his team of specially chosen advisers. In that plan among the most notable objectives were a decision to swiftly expand the route network of the Nigerian Railway Corporation in the Southern states and especially along the Niger Delta axis to enhance its goods carrying capacity and make it a viable adjunct to the seaport network. Chief proposed to develop a network of rail and road routes from Lokoja to Benin City, Koko, Warri, and on to Onitsha.

If such a network was actually in place today, evacuation of petroleum products and other essentials produced by or imported into, this vital maritime axis would be much more accessible to the rest of the nation. In addition, Chief  had embarked in 1965 on a global campaign to invite foreign investment into Nigeria's agricultural sector and when he died plans were already far gone for investment in oil palm and rubber production from Asia, sugar, rice and, grain production from Europe and the USA, and plans were afoot to find ways to expand Nigeria's dairy and meat production industries to develop an export capacity in these areas. Sadly these plans were aborted brutally when he was killed because his personal touch had played a great part in giving off-shore investors the much-needed confidence to put their money into a newly independent African nation.

Under his tutelage Nigeria enjoyed its most credit-worthy reputation among foreign bankers whenever he put in a fiscal request. We have seen letters from Chief Obafemi Awolowo, one of his most vehement political opponents in which the illustrious chief praised his adversary for the good sense and effective planning contained in one of his budget speeches."
Re: James Ibori The Criminal. by rasputinn(m): 8:16am On Oct 15, 2009
SapeleGuy:

If you have any proof of wrongdoing, please present it instead of slandering one of Nigeria's greatest sons.

Pheeeeew,for a moment I thought you were referring to ibori,till I read the complete post and that of komekn,such sacrilege would have been unforgivable
Re: James Ibori The Criminal. by MrCrackles(m): 9:00am On Oct 15, 2009
SapeleGuy:

If you have any proof of wrongdoing, please present it instead of slandering one of Nigeria's greatest sons. If you do your research (instead of listening to gossip) you will know that he was a very very wealthy man before he went into politics.
Are you shitting me?
Nigeria's greatest son shocked shocked shocked
Do you mean Nigeria's greatest thief?
Where did a common home superstore sales attendant in the UK before he moved to Nigeria (And into politics) get all his wealth from?
What more proof do you need to conclude Ibori is a bloody thief whose blood platelets are filled with corrupt particles?
Re: James Ibori The Criminal. by citizenY(m): 3:29pm On Oct 15, 2009
I recall in the past, in some communities, crooks/thieves were branded when caught with laundry blue

and the kids mocked them in public. Nigerians in the diaspora have stared a digital version.

I advise Sapeleguy to go and get his peers in Oghara to do the same. If the elders objest, they should

douse them in the laundry blue. If Sapele gut does not stop supporting Ibori, we shall douse him in the

blue also. I have started here already
Re: James Ibori The Criminal. by bawomolo(m): 3:34pm On Oct 15, 2009

haha lwkmd
Re: James Ibori The Criminal. by ogb5(m): 5:19pm On Oct 15, 2009
Beaf:

Looks like someone is is also understading the politics and double standards inherent in Nigeria.

Thats why people have to take to arms to get the attention of the federal govt.

MrCrackles:

Are you shitting me?
Nigeria's greatest son shocked shocked shocked
Do you mean Nigeria's greatest thief?
Where did a common home superstore sales attendant in the UK before he moved to Nigeria (And into politics) get all his wealth from?
What more proof do you need to conclude Ibori is a bloody thief whose blood platelets are filled with corruption particles?

You have to live with it whether you like it or not.

Ibori is among the greatest men delta state has produced. You may call him any name you like but he brought more development to Delta State than any Governor before him.

Also compared to other governors during there tenure, he was among the best performers with regards to structures built on the ground.

so if you decide to convict him of looting the finance of his state even before he is tried, then thats your beaf. He was elected to bring development to his people and he did just that. Can you say thesame of your state governor?

In your warped logic of concluding that Ibori looted than your governors, you fail to realise that he was a billionaire before he became governor
Re: James Ibori The Criminal. by citizenY(m): 6:16pm On Oct 15, 2009
Billionaire indeed. We have heard of those who inherited from Abacha and Ibori
is not among his kids. IBB kid- no way, and we also know that his pilfering the cashbox
in the UK shop with his wife, Nkoyo, yielded peanuts and there was even allegation of
tampering with building materials near Abuja, peanuts also. Little drops make an ocean
but when the man became governor, he took over the ocean. Every enquiry must look at
past records and proclivity to theft raises more suspicion. That is where we are today.
No one should be blamed for being suspicious or recalling past records.

Thievery is thievery, there is no other word for it. The big guy, Robin Hood was still regarded as an
outlaw in Nottingham forest , or wherever,and we have no evidence of Ibori sharing
little sums with any commoner whether while in England or with any peasant in
Nigeria when he started carting away the billions.

Any reference to his work as governor is just begging the issue as that comes with the baggage. The problem
arose when he swallowed the treasury and this put him on the wrong side of the law. It is even
more serious when he is supposed to protect the treasury. Otherwise, people have no personal issues with
him, really.

It is just the case of one bad apple spoiling the whole bunch. And this applies to him and whoever is in similar circumstance.
Re: James Ibori The Criminal. by SapeleGuy: 6:35pm On Oct 15, 2009
Komekn - Thank you for helping to prove what I suspected for a while. Some Nairalanders read but do not understand. Despite  stating 1st Republic, Minister of Finance and praise from Awolowo some of your colleagues still can't tell we were not talking about Ibori.

Which part of 'prosecute all looters regardless of where they come from' equates to support for Ibori?

CitizenY - Great suggestion, please make sure you also dowse Tinubu, Turaki, IBB, OBJ, Iyabo et al in the same blue.

Rasputin - I'm glad you know who we are talking about.
Re: James Ibori The Criminal. by bawomolo(m): 6:37pm On Oct 15, 2009
calling him one of the Greatest son of Nigeria seems like support. just saying
Re: James Ibori The Criminal. by SapeleGuy: 6:57pm On Oct 15, 2009
Bawomolo, Mr.Crackles please read before you post. It will help to raise standards on this forum.Based on his achievements, I repeat yet again that the Finance Minister in the 1st Republic was one of Nigeria's greatest sons.

komekn:

On the 30 year thing I like the idea, application will be challenging, for example a particular Minister of Finance in the 1st republic executed during the first military coup(if you be sapele you will know him well) well his 1st daughter has never worked a day in the UK,  but has a house and lives on Bishops avenue, Finchley. (my London nairalanders is there a house on this avenue less than 5million pounds?) The issue is, this money may not be in the hands of the thieves directly but convenient family members, friends, corporate entities etc,etc,

SapeleGuy:

If you want to talk about legacy and achievement there has not been a more successful or astute Minister of Finance since.

This man was responsible for setting up the following:
1 The Central Bank.
2 The Naira Currency.
3 The Nigerian Stock Exchange.

I will leave you with a quote.

"The ten-year economic development plan which the Federal Government released in 1964 had largely been crafted by the late Chief and his team of specially chosen advisers. In that plan among the most notable objectives were a decision to swiftly expand the route network of the Nigerian Railway Corporation in the Southern states and especially along the Niger Delta axis to enhance its goods carrying capacity and make it a viable adjunct to the seaport network. Chief proposed to develop a network of rail and road routes from Lokoja to Benin City, Koko, Warri, and on to Onitsha.

If such a network was actually in place today, evacuation of petroleum products and other essentials produced by or imported into, this vital maritime axis would be much more accessible to the rest of the nation. In addition, Chief  had embarked in 1965 on a global campaign to invite foreign investment into Nigeria's agricultural sector and when he died plans were already far gone for investment in oil palm and rubber production from Asia, sugar, rice and, grain production from Europe and the USA, and plans were afoot to find ways to expand Nigeria's dairy and meat production industries to develop an export capacity in these areas. Sadly these plans were aborted brutally when he was killed because his personal touch had played a great part in giving off-shore investors the much-needed confidence to put their money into a newly independent African nation.

Under his tutelage Nigeria enjoyed its most credit-worthy reputation among foreign bankers whenever he put in a fiscal request. We have seen letters from Chief Obafemi Awolowo, one of his most vehement political opponents in which the illustrious chief praised his adversary for the good sense and effective planning contained in one of his budget speeches."
Re: James Ibori The Criminal. by bawomolo(m): 6:59pm On Oct 15, 2009
^^^

wasn't he targeted by the coup plotters for being flamboyant and allegedly corrupt?
Re: James Ibori The Criminal. by MrCrackles(m): 7:07pm On Oct 15, 2009
ogb5:

You have to live with it whether you like it or not.
Ibori is among the greatest men delta state has produced. You may call him any name you like but he brought more development to Delta State than any Governor before him.
Also compared to other governors during there tenure, he was among the best performers with regards to structures built on the ground.
so if you decide to convict him of looting the finance of his state even before he is tried, then thats your beaf. He was elected to bring development to his people and he did just that. Can you say thesame of your state governor?
In your warped logic of concluding that Ibori looted than your governors, you fail to realise that he was a billionaire before he became governor
You are here again, Ibori's lapdog. . . Let's go!
I dont give a flying fuc.k if he is the greatest bastard Delta state has produced, but what is fact is that he is one of the biggest thief around on earth!
Comparison with other Governors is not a valid yardstick here because virtually all of them looted and bled thier respective treasuries dry!
And besides i havnt told you Ibori looted than any governors, i never said that in my first post. . . Open your eyes wide next time
How did Ibori become a billionaire before he become governor?
Tell me. . . You have to come up with evidences and hard facts to raise my eyebrows, but that doesnt mean i will believe you. . .
And you know why i wont believe you, Ibori has paid your internet subscriptions, the shit you excrete is as a result of Ibori. . .
Go back and tell your boss, Ibori. . . .
Tell him, he is a bloody bastard who peace will desert for the rest of his life because of his criminal activities to humanity!
You are waiting for Ibori to be tried before you conclude he is a bloated criminal shocked
You must have had toothpicks inserted in your brain!
Awon oloshi bastards! angry
Re: James Ibori The Criminal. by komekn(m): 7:30pm On Oct 15, 2009
Sapeleguy, in respect of this Minister of Finance I agree with you completely in the context of strategic vision but in terms of delivery outcomes there are some questions. As to corrupt acquisitions through inheritance there is no slander or gossip here whatsoever.

However, the issue is corruption, just like Ogbemudia former military governor of the then Bendel state (actually indicted) and visionary can be ascribed to be the architect of modern day Benin-city; sadly he could not resist the temptation of getting his hands into the cookie jar of stolen public funds.

In effect we have become so used to ineptitude that in a perverse sense we celebrate, when our so called leaders do a fraction of what they are supposed to do. Which in itself make them feel in a twisted sense entitled to loot the public purse.

Finally, without contradiction there is a somewhat perverted preoccupation with James Ibori to the exclusion of all other thieves and government looters, past, present and may I dare say future. I tried to explain it not justify it.

Ogb5 to consider your contribution to talk less comment on it implies there is some substance to it.
Re: James Ibori The Criminal. by ogb5(m): 8:13pm On Oct 15, 2009
MrCrackles:

Comparison with other Governors is not a valid yardstick here because virtually all of them looted and bled thier respective treasuries dry! angry

you have now admited that your own governor stole. something you have adamantly refused to accept previously, So do next thing open a thread on him and insult him on NL.

All politicians under obj regime stole, right from obj to the LG chairman all across the country. if you want to fight corruption you address all of them that stole, right from obasanjo to the LG chairmen.

Bringing one or two ND governors to rudicle in name name of fighting corruption will achieve nothing. people see beyond the pretence.

MrCrackles:

How did Ibori become a billionaire before he become governor?
Tell me. angry

How did dangote become a become a billionaire in 5 yrs of abacha's rule, Olodo, tell me I will tell you how Ibori got 9 billion to declare in 1999

MrCrackles:

Awon oloshi bastards! angry

so u are omo yoruba, thesame people who impeach a gov for not looting and impeach a gov for building imaginary poultry for 2 billion, confused set

Re: James Ibori The Criminal. by SapeleGuy: 8:33pm On Oct 15, 2009
komekn:

Sapeleguy, in respect of this Minister of Finance I agree with you completely in the context of strategic vision but in terms of delivery outcomes there are some questions. As to corrupt acquisitions through inheritance there is no slander or gossip here whatsoever.

On a serious note, this a subject I have looked into at length, i would love to see the evidence. Please substantiate your claim.

komekn:

However, the issue is corruption, just like Ogbemudia former military governor of the then Bendel state (actually indicted) and visionary can be ascribed to be the architect of modern day Benin-city; sadly he could not resist the temptation of getting his hands into the cookie jar of stolen public funds.

I am not a supporter of military governors or presidents. Their lack of transparency is illustrated by this law passed during the Obasanjo-Murtala administration when Decree II of 1976 was enacted, which made it a crime to publish allegations of corrupt enrichment against public officers.

komekn:

In effect we have become so used to ineptitude that in a perverse sense we celebrate, when our so called leaders do a fraction of what they are supposed to do. Which in itself make them feel in a twisted sense entitled to loot the public purse.

Finally, without contradiction there is a somewhat perverted preoccupation with James Ibori to the exclusion of all other thieves and government looters, past, present and may I dare say future.  I tried to explain it not justify it.

I agree 100%.
Re: James Ibori The Criminal. by MrCrackles(m): 10:01pm On Oct 15, 2009
ogb5:

you have now admited that your own governor stole. something you have adamantly refused to accept previously, So do next thing open a thread on him and insult him on NL.

Which governor are you talking about?
You dont know where i am from so you cant just conclude. . .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Leaving The U.s.a To Nigeria For Good. / I Was Abducted, Not Arrested - Emmanuel Ihenacho / 9 Heartbreaking Photos That Should Give You Some Perspective

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.