Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,225 members, 7,815,282 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

Age Scandal! Stanley Okoro: Heartland Winger Aged 30 Playing For Nigerian U-17s - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Age Scandal! Stanley Okoro: Heartland Winger Aged 30 Playing For Nigerian U-17s (18816 Views)

Nigerian U-20 Players In Europe That Are Making Waves / Eden Hazard Vs Neymar – Who Is The Best Young Winger In The World? / Obafemi Martins Retires From Playing For Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Age Scandal! Stanley Okoro: Heartland Winger Aged 30 Playing For Nigerian U-17s by Ikhilor(m): 2:45pm On Jan 24, 2010
i wonder if you guys ARE blind or just out to be anti nigerians ,, well if you stanley okoro player haters had been following the tournament with your eyes and not your mouth then you will notice that germany,new zealand and the rest paraded men old enough to be our fathers!!! listen you all ,the west wants to take away our youth football glory and they are out to do it!! they themselves are they really and honestly under 17?Huh??NOOOOOOOO,USE YOUR BRAIN BROTHERS!!!

Thanks for that.I wonder what some people are out to achieve,lying is not good, but bringing your fellow country man down to impress the lying wider world won,t make you look smart either, it,s a lying world, believe it or not.
Re: Age Scandal! Stanley Okoro: Heartland Winger Aged 30 Playing For Nigerian U-17s by Iyineda(m): 7:32pm On Jan 24, 2010
I was not rooting for the "U-17" team because I knew they were ALL above age 17. Those of you who say the Westerners are also overage are very misled and blinded by guilt.

All the "achievements" of our "youth" teams are fallacious. Okoro is well over 25 years old.
My dad once said in 2003 that if Ogbeche claimed to be 19 then I could claim to be 8. I was 15 back then. . .

We need change in our system. The faster, the better.
Re: Age Scandal! Stanley Okoro: Heartland Winger Aged 30 Playing For Nigerian U-17s by enomakos(m): 12:26pm On Jan 29, 2010
@patoski96

true talk
Re: Age Scandal! Stanley Okoro: Heartland Winger Aged 30 Playing For Nigerian U-17s by nguage(m): 5:39pm On Apr 12, 2010
n-guage:

The OP hasn't corrected this thread yet. Please correct the thread and the title.

I demand the mods PLEASE delete this thread or change the thread title because it's slanderous and the original poster has backtracked on his earlier claims.
btw Stanley signed a 4 year contract with Almeria in Spain. Hello to bad belle people. Watch this space, this guy, with a little bit of polishing, will have a shot at the world's best player title in 4-5 years.
Re: Age Scandal! Stanley Okoro: Heartland Winger Aged 30 Playing For Nigerian U-17s by deb(m): 4:12pm On Apr 13, 2010
Chris:
To the topic at hand, if Okoro has played for rangers for two seasons and heartland same number of season and still under 17, hmmm, he must be an avarter. Lol

LOL cheesy grin
Re: Age Scandal! Stanley Okoro: Heartland Winger Aged 30 Playing For Nigerian U-17s by Kx: 4:22pm On Apr 13, 2010
Stanley Okoro is reported to have signed for Almeria,in la liga.
However,it was stated that one of the terms of the contract is that he will
be with the reserve team,and even in the face of impressive reserve team performance,
hw wont land a suitable contract to feature for the clubside proper until the over 30 yrs
old man turns 18.
The old man may have cheated himself eventually cos by the time he turns 18 for almeria,
he would be clocking 34 for nigeria.
Re: Age Scandal! Stanley Okoro: Heartland Winger Aged 30 Playing For Nigerian U-17s by omar22(m): 7:50pm On Apr 13, 2010
this reminds me of when Anderlect bought Philip Osondu and they started giving him food that would make him grow or shoot-up but the bobo no grow ooo in the end his contract was terminated after so many years in the reserve.

Ammunike his injury didnt heal within the required time
Re: Age Scandal! Stanley Okoro: Heartland Winger Aged 30 Playing For Nigerian U-17s by honeric01(m): 8:43pm On Apr 13, 2010
omar22:

this reminds me of when Anderlect bought Philip Osondu and they started giving him food that would make him grow or shoot-up but the bobo no grow ooo in the end his contract was terminated after so many years in the reserve.

you didn't finish the story, he kept eating, instead of getting tall, he was getting fatter with his stomach pushing out like obasanjo's own. grin grin grin
Re: Age Scandal! Stanley Okoro: Heartland Winger Aged 30 Playing For Nigerian U-17s by omar22(m): 9:01pm On Apr 13, 2010
you didn't finish the story, he kept eating, instead of getting tall, he was getting fatter with his stomach pushing out like obasanjo's own.

I was a bit kind on Osondu because he was given Baby milk constantly but the bobo dey grow sideways instead of taller
Re: Age Scandal! Stanley Okoro: Heartland Winger Aged 30 Playing For Nigerian U-17s by honeric01(m): 9:02pm On Apr 13, 2010
;d ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Age Scandal! Stanley Okoro: Heartland Winger Aged 30 Playing For Nigerian U-17s by Omolulu(m): 9:16pm On Apr 13, 2010
omar22:

I was a bit kind on Osondu because he was given Baby milk constantly but the bobo dey grow sideways instead of taller
grin grin grin grin
Re: Age Scandal! Stanley Okoro: Heartland Winger Aged 30 Playing For Nigerian U-17s by DisGuy: 3:00am On Apr 17, 2010
So where is he now?

what team does he play for?

Is he involved with the current team B?
Re: Age Scandal! Stanley Okoro: Heartland Winger Aged 30 Playing For Nigerian U-17s by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 5:47pm On Apr 20, 2010
The truth is football in Nigeria as well as in African and Latin American countries is like a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. If you are lucky, you will become very successful and retire well, if you are unlucky, you will break into a top team in a good league courtesy of outshining players far younger than you in youth Championships like the U17. but your luck will run out when it is time to play with the big boys and you start running 100 mtrs week-in week-out, your Age will tell, your sins will catch up with you and you begin to wonder why Messi will leave grass and dirt for our defenders to chew and our goal-keeper to have nightmares come worldcup 2010.

Our youth programme needs to be seriously followed with the proper funding and proper administration, Messi was a product of the Barca youth team, we all love to watch him play but fail to recognize that he worked hard at the right age and the right time.

You cannot cheat mother-nature, your false-age will eventually be your doom, ask Aghahowa and Yakubu Ayegbeni and Kanu (Papilo) or better still Victor Ikpeba who was 26 while his younger brother in Benin was 30 grin
Re: Age Scandal! Stanley Okoro: Heartland Winger Aged 30 Playing For Nigerian U-17s by seankay(m): 8:59pm On May 01, 2010
u guyz go kill person grin
Re: Age Scandal! Stanley Okoro: Heartland Winger Aged 30 Playing For Nigerian U-17s by nateevs(m): 10:55pm On May 01, 2010
The curious case of Benjamin Okoro. . . grin grin
Re: Age Scandal! Stanley Okoro: Heartland Winger Aged 30 Playing For Nigerian U-17s by Jburg: 5:58am On Aug 16, 2011
@ POSTER, YOU ARE A FOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL, !!!
BIGGEST FOOL FOR THAT MATTER, YOUR JUST JEALOUS OF THE GUY SUCCESS PERIOD!!!

Bleep OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF, !!! ANIMAL!
Re: Age Scandal! Stanley Okoro: Heartland Winger Aged 30 Playing For Nigerian U-17s by jibbzion(m): 5:28pm On Jul 07, 2014
It seemed so easy to build a lie detector. Years ago, scientists discovered a way to tell the age of lower-level animals. So can someone explain to me how scientists cannot find a way to tell the true age of humans as well as footballers in general? Instead they invest their billions in Goal-line Technology. The fault is not from the players rather, it's from the system itself. So let players like Stanley Okoro, Samuel Eto'o and others that are yet to be known be left alone. LAST BULLET: Even the Referees, Coaches, and The General Board lie about their age
Re: Age Scandal! Stanley Okoro: Heartland Winger Aged 30 Playing For Nigerian U-17s by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jul 07, 2014
Why do we always win age grade football and fail at the World Cup?

Tomorrow they will Manu Garba is a great tactician

Who won't win with all the age advantage?
Re: Age Scandal! Stanley Okoro: Heartland Winger Aged 30 Playing For Nigerian U-17s by jibbzion(m): 7:47am On Jul 08, 2014
mikeansy: Why do we always win age grade football and fail at the World Cup?

Tomorrow they will Manu Garba is a great tactician

Who won't win with all the age advantage?

Exactly! Our coaches should introduce them to the senior team earlier. That way, they get to use their matured body figure and rolled-back ages to the nation's advantage.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Canada Vs Morocco: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. (1 - 2) On 1st December 2022 / Enyeama Is Returning To The Super Eagles Squad - Coach Rohr / 2019 CAF Awards: Algeria Named African Men's National Team Of The Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.