Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,871 members, 7,828,103 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

Power Generation Improves, Hits 4,285 Megawatts - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Generation Improves, Hits 4,285 Megawatts (17881 Views)

Discos Reject 10,200 Megawatts In 1 Month / Fashola, Okowa, Tony Elumelu Commission 115 Megawatts Gas Turbine Delta (Pics) / HOME » NEWS » Electricity Generation Hits 4,009MW, Improves Gradually (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Generation Improves, Hits 4,285 Megawatts by lanrex101: 4:10pm On Sep 16, 2016
Balkan:
Lying Government. Where is the light?
Zone-B
Alaye there is light for my side as I typed you now... although they just brought it yesterday since last week

2 Likes

Re: Power Generation Improves, Hits 4,285 Megawatts by omofunaab(m): 4:12pm On Sep 16, 2016
labeerson:
Which area for Abeokuta because here at Car wash, Asero and Obantoko, hardly will you see light for more than 3hrs in a day....... As i am typing this, i have not seen light for the past 2days

Quarry road ,Agbeloba
Re: Power Generation Improves, Hits 4,285 Megawatts by kings09(m): 4:13pm On Sep 16, 2016
hahaha. But u n Buhari hv bn acting opposition even wen in govt. ur party APC is an opposition onto itslf n aftr a year plus in govt, still sounding as if they r campaigning. See dis 1 oo. na una still de mourn as to why u r in govt. to confirm, ask ur vry cry baby buhari who keeps dwelling on d past. Zombie de clueless
FunkyMetahuman:
election mourner

Keep mourning cheesy
Re: Power Generation Improves, Hits 4,285 Megawatts by AnthonyAk(m): 4:14pm On Sep 16, 2016
Damn atleasr 20000 is needed. We are finished until we can address this. I mean its 2016
Re: Power Generation Improves, Hits 4,285 Megawatts by nazzyon(m): 4:16pm On Sep 16, 2016
4,285MW? How is Electricity in your area?

https://twitter.com/P_Broadcast/status/776799812310147074
Re: Power Generation Improves, Hits 4,285 Megawatts by sunkoye: 4:16pm On Sep 16, 2016
becos the dams are full abi?....make we wait till march 2017 and reconfirm.
Re: Power Generation Improves, Hits 4,285 Megawatts by Cletus77(m): 4:16pm On Sep 16, 2016
light important pass dis recession? Look for a way out of dis recession period, before u tink abt any other tin!
Re: Power Generation Improves, Hits 4,285 Megawatts by idupaul: 4:17pm On Sep 16, 2016
FunkyMetahuman:
can you back this up with proof?

Nigeria attains electricity generation milestone of 5,000MW

The Transmission Company of Nigeria, TCN, yesterday announced that for the first time in the history of Nigeria’s electricity generation profile, the country has attained the milestone of generating about 5,074 megawatts, MW, of electricity.
Disclosing this through its Deputy General Manager, Public Affairs, Clement Ezeolisah, the System Operator department of TCN announced the attainment of the new peak generation of 5,074.7MW as well as the highest maximum daily energy of 109,372 Megawatts Hour (MWH) which it transmitted across to electricity distribution companies in the country.

Ezeolisah revealed in a statement that the new mark was attained at 9.30pm on Tuesday, February 2, 2016.

According to the statement, “The System Operator, TCN, is pleased to announce the attainment of a new record peak generation of 5,074.7MW and also the highest maximum daily energy wheeled nationwide of 109,372MWH on February 2, 2016,” the statement said.

“The new peak generation of 5,074.7MW was attained at 9.30p.m. on February 2, 2016. While the previous peak generation was 4883.9MW achieved on November 23, 2015, the previous highest maximum daily energy wheeled nationwide was 107,142.32MWH recorded on January 26, 2016.”

It also quoted the Managing Director, System Operation/Market Operation of TCN, Mr. Dipak Sarma, to have attributed the twin peak achievements to the enhanced cooperation among all the power sector stakeholders and concerted efforts by system operators at the National Control Centre, NCC, Osogbo and other stations to ensure that all generated power is wheeled to the distribution companies and that there is no stranded power.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/02/04/nigeria-attains-electricity-generation-milestone-of-5000mw/

Jonathan even built a generation capacity of 6000 megawatts before he left ..so all Fashola needs to do is get gas and water to the turbines..Fashola hasn't added a single Mega watts to our generation capacity at all ..o am sure when he wheels 6000 mws zombies will come and attribute it to him

http://m.guardian.ng/news/power-capacity-hits-6000mw-as-jonathan-commissions-fct-substation/
Re: Power Generation Improves, Hits 4,285 Megawatts by emmadaji: 4:17pm On Sep 16, 2016
APC full of lies and propaganda
Re: Power Generation Improves, Hits 4,285 Megawatts by fendorf(m): 4:19pm On Sep 16, 2016
We will get there
Re: Power Generation Improves, Hits 4,285 Megawatts by Nobody: 4:20pm On Sep 16, 2016
Seriously, have never experience this kind of light in my area before, have being living around suberu-oje casso bus stop Lagos for the past 8 years, but the kind of light we have these days really boost my moral and i'm happy to pay my Nepa bill without causing them.

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Improves, Hits 4,285 Megawatts by Icecream4U(m): 4:22pm On Sep 16, 2016
Mr fashola will definitely become the president of Nigeria one day

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Improves, Hits 4,285 Megawatts by dman4mdmoon(m): 4:23pm On Sep 16, 2016
ojialo:
keep deceiving yourself, Goodluck generated 5000magawatts before he left

Going by your statement, Goodluck was able to achieve 5000 megawatts before leaving office (i.e. after spending 5 years 3 months) and PMB is able to achieve 4284 megawatts in 1 years 4 months, then i believe Nigeria will be great again!

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Improves, Hits 4,285 Megawatts by vision2050: 4:26pm On Sep 16, 2016
it improve due to frequent rain we are experiencing. if it sustain 4000 mgw during dry season then I will believe the govt.
Re: Power Generation Improves, Hits 4,285 Megawatts by Funkyswagzz(m): 4:26pm On Sep 16, 2016
What!! Buhari wants us to stay at home and enjoy the electricity and forget about the economy.. hmm very clever undecided undecided angry
Re: Power Generation Improves, Hits 4,285 Megawatts by Nobody: 4:26pm On Sep 16, 2016
Kudos to whomever that is having sleepless nights to see that power generation improves in the country.
Re: Power Generation Improves, Hits 4,285 Megawatts by Grundig: 4:26pm On Sep 16, 2016
Lmao...

Th ingenuity in this article reeks to high hravens.

The last govt achieved a feat greater than this yet, people including myself castigated them.

Even an unborn baby would take the news with a pinch of salt and wait till november/december when the rains dry up. Then we'll know the true state of things. Nigeria in thr last 2/3 months has experienced huge rain falls.

Let it be known that tbe current administration is yet to add a single kilobyte to the national grid.

I would halt thr jubilation for the time being.
Re: Power Generation Improves, Hits 4,285 Megawatts by Geogeo1: 4:28pm On Sep 16, 2016
After the rainy season, we will appraise them on Power sector.
Re: Power Generation Improves, Hits 4,285 Megawatts by FunkyMetahuman: 4:30pm On Sep 16, 2016
idupaul:

Jonathan even built a generation capacity of 6000 megawatts before he left ..so all Fashola needs to do is get gas and water to the turbines..Fashola hasn't added a single Mega watts to our generation capacity at all ..o am sure when he wheels 6000 mws zombies will come and attribute it to him

http://m.guardian.ng/news/power-capacity-hits-6000mw-as-jonathan-commissions-fct-substation/
rightttt..

I though you said he left 5000mw.. now that it has been bursted,you shift to another mumbo jumbo.

Like jonathan built 2500km of roads abi? only to turn out he didnt build a single NEW road al through his 6years of doom.

If all he needed to do was put gas, why didnt he do it for 6years and take the glory when he was rushing to commision all the project half done in 2015 for campaign?

Atleast china built 22kmw under 10years. Mere 6kmw shoudnt take 3 years...

All you elections mourners have sold your thinking brain to hatred..

2 Likes

Re: Power Generation Improves, Hits 4,285 Megawatts by FunkyMetahuman: 4:31pm On Sep 16, 2016
kings09:
hahaha. But u n Buhari hv bn acting opposition even wen in govt. ur party APC is an opposition onto itslf n aftr a year plus in govt, still sounding as if they r campaigning. See dis 1 oo. na una still de mourn as to why u r in govt. to confirm, ask ur vry cry baby buhari who keeps dwelling on d past. Zombie de clueless
cry me a river mourning zombie grin

cheesy
Re: Power Generation Improves, Hits 4,285 Megawatts by cangoallnyt: 4:32pm On Sep 16, 2016
DDeliverer:

Which light? Where you see light?
oga me i dhe see light oo very steady!

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Improves, Hits 4,285 Megawatts by hgnbello(m): 4:33pm On Sep 16, 2016
dats nyc, i feel it too, cz d rate we nw av light, has also improve.

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Improves, Hits 4,285 Megawatts by Oluwatobex(m): 4:33pm On Sep 16, 2016
gunuvi:

Since sallah, no light for Badagry. It may have improved in other areas but in Badagry, it's a no no.

Them use lie water baff u? I live in badagry, Pota to be precise and I enjoy nothing less dan 18hrs/day

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Improves, Hits 4,285 Megawatts by Nobody: 4:35pm On Sep 16, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
Graudally, Fashola Is Keeping With The Promise...
where were you since??
Re: Power Generation Improves, Hits 4,285 Megawatts by braine(m): 4:35pm On Sep 16, 2016
gunuvi:

Since sallah, no light for Badagry. It may have improved in other areas but in Badagry, it's a no no.

Honestly, at my side in Surulere, its been almost 24 hours for the last one month. Ive never experienced such before!
Re: Power Generation Improves, Hits 4,285 Megawatts by Oluwatobex(m): 4:37pm On Sep 16, 2016
ivandragon post=494154in6:
Nigerians are funny.

most of the areas presently enjoying fairly stable power supply are areas that had always enjoyed such before August 2015 when it went south.

but they come here giving the impression that the power supply is JUST improving, neglecting the fact that what they get presently, though OK, was similar or even less than what they had in the past.

a staunch supporter of PMB was screaming recently how his area gets up to 15 hours of light daily for over 2 months now, bar some general faults.

this person lives in the same area that was getting 22 hours of light daily, bar Saturdays, since 2014 but always complained about the ineptitude of the past government.

bottom line is, we can only progress together as a nation when we are honest with our opinions & criticisms of government.

22 hours of light daily, i

Re: Power Generation Improves, Hits 4,285 Megawatts by CandyDiamond(f): 4:39pm On Sep 16, 2016
dman4mdmoon:

Going by your statement, Goodluck was able to achieve 5000 megawatts before leaving office (i.e. after spending 5 years 3 months) and PMB is able to achieve 4284 megawatts in 1 years 4 months, then i believe Nigeria will be great again!
This man ehh,[/b]you are the dumbest person in the whole world[b], grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin kai,which school did you attend
Re: Power Generation Improves, Hits 4,285 Megawatts by Nobody: 4:42pm On Sep 16, 2016

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Improves, Hits 4,285 Megawatts by passyhansome(m): 4:42pm On Sep 16, 2016
Nigeria I rest my case
Re: Power Generation Improves, Hits 4,285 Megawatts by Heryinthey22(m): 4:44pm On Sep 16, 2016
make we no lie fashola they try for is section,for my own area we they get light wella,orile pipu can txtify it.God bless Nigeria,and God bless me too
[color=]make we no lie fashola they try for is section,for my own area we they get light wella,orile pipu can txtify it.God bless Nigeria,and God bless me too
[/color]make we no lie fashola they try for is section,for my own area we they get light wella,orile pipu can txtify it.God bless Nigeria,and God bless me too
Re: Power Generation Improves, Hits 4,285 Megawatts by 9jatatafo(m): 4:47pm On Sep 16, 2016
Scam
Re: Power Generation Improves, Hits 4,285 Megawatts by arsenal33: 4:48pm On Sep 16, 2016
Balkan:
Lying Government. Where is the light?
Zone-B

no vex

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dele Momodu Reacts To AIT Shut Down: "May God Appease The Gods" / Imo House Of Assembly Bans Protests / Peter Obi: Why I Campaign In Markets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.