Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,193 members, 7,815,164 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

P-Square Finally Opens Up About Landlord - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / P-Square Finally Opens Up About Landlord (8731 Views)

Photos: P-square Finally Perform Together / Ini Edo's Alleged New Lover Finally Opens Up / BREAKING NEWS:- P-square Finally Separate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

P-Square Finally Opens Up About Landlord by kech(f): 12:58am On Oct 10, 2009
SOURCE:
http://allafrica.com/stories/200910090822.html

When, mid this year, Chief Charles Nwangwa called for a press conference to unearth some cankerworms about on-goings at the Omole residence of the pop group, P-Square, real names, Peter and Paul Okoye, not many spared the boys, especially since they refused to comment on the allegations.

Chief among the allegations levelled against the artistes, was the illegal conversion of the boys’ quarters into a studio, for which they pulled down the dividing wall between the two rooms to achieve. The landlord had therefore requested that the twins vacate his property.

Last week was more revealing on this episode. In a final move to evict the Okoyes, Chief Nwangwa called for another press conference where he distributed a 5-page document chronicling the beginning and development of his interactions with the famous group.

The document didn’t say anything new other than that Ikeja Regional Development Agency had on last 29th June sealed up the building while the ‘boys broke it into with impunity’. He equally alleged that he had been beaten up by the ‘Okoye’s thugs led by one Wande’ when he went to the property to personally serve them a ‘mandatory quit notice’.

In a swift reaction, the twins, via their publicist, called for an urgent press brief the next day, Wednesday. And for the first time, they spoke through their manager and brother, Jude Okoye on the matter.

According to Jude, at their first interaction with Chief Nwangwa in 2006, the Chief had told him the house was for sale, for N45million, and that Zain, then called Celtel, was bidding for the building too. Jude, who said he’s been in the forefront of dealings with Nwangwa, said their initial payment of N5.6m was supposed to be part payment of the initial purchase.

Jude said there was a verbal agreement between them that if he was able to come up with the balance in two weeks, (when their N50m bank fixed deposit would be ready for withdrawal) the house would become theirs, otherwise the money paid would be converted to 3-years rent for the property.

A hand- written receipt was issued by the Chief for the N5.6m received, on the premise that a further payment which would translate into the Okoyes ownership of the house would still follow. The duo moved into the house and, Jude said, ‘after two weeks, I got my fixed deposit and called him to the house for his balance.

I asked him the name I should put in the N39.4m balance draft and he said, no that his house was for N45m.’ Can you imagine?’, Jude asked.

More than a month after, the angry brothers, rather than get stuck with a 3-year rent, decided to buy up the house all the same.

He went on, ‘After one month, I called him on the phone and he said the price for the house had gone up to N80m. We refused to buy it and decided to stay. It was obvious he wanted us trapped from the beginning’, Jude explained.

On the broken wall, the brothers explained that they had pulled it down ‘just as we came in because we thought we had agreed that the house belonged to us.’

The landlord, they claimed, had been to the studio several times without complain, until they fell out. Jude, who blamed himself for not having a written agreement on the house also claimed that the lady called Gift, whom Chief Nwangwa had publicised as their guarantor was an artiste he (Chief Nwangwa) brought to him (Jude) to produce and which he refused.

The lady, he said, was introduced to them as an interior decorator and artiste and she it was who made their living room curtains.

‘Later, he brought his son who had just returned from America and asked me to produce for him, but I refused and reminded him that I work for only P-Square.

Then he told me about a show in Dubai and I told him our fee was $100, 000 per show and he said even Akon had not charged that much money. He got angry and took it personal and left.’

The last of disagreements the group had with Chief Nwangwa, Jude said, was based on Jude’s refusal to let Chief get involved with the P-Square brand. According to Jude, Nwangwa had asked to market P-Square’s works.

‘He said he (landlord) was coming over to take up the marketing of the album; that the man (P-square’s marketer) was not doing a good job.’ Jude had refused. Afterwards, Nwangwa is alleged to have demanded for a certain percentage as commission off P-square’s income since the residential studio had been used in recording songs released for commercial purposes.

Amidst several allegations raised by the boys, indicting Chief Nwangwa, Jude enthused that Nwangwa was never manhandled by P-square nor by his assistants. Instead, the chief, at various times, brought strangers to their house, requesting that the twins signed autographs.

The only time he was refused was when he came with journalists and a policeman and was refused access through the gates by Wande, Jude’s assistant. The boys have resolved to quit the building in four months’ time, when their Omole building, presently under construction, will be ready.

The Okoye brothers are said to be working on a 6-bedroom twin duplex, not very far away from their present abode.

The property, which they took press men to see, includes a swimming pool and a basement which will serve as studio exclusively for the P-Square brand. They said they intend to put back the studio wall and vacate their present residence before their rent expires in March, 2010.
Re: P-Square Finally Opens Up About Landlord by kech(f): 1:01am On Oct 10, 2009
I know P-Square can be goat-heads sometimes but this is why they say "There is always another side to a story". From this story, the Landlord is definitely a greedy man.
Re: P-Square Finally Opens Up About Landlord by styrax(m): 12:09pm On Oct 10, 2009
Do people still do business like that, committing over 5 million naira based on verbal agreement?!

This is serious
Re: P-Square Finally Opens Up About Landlord by 55gal(m): 12:31pm On Oct 10, 2009
P-SQUARE can tell lies a lot,
but in this case the land lord is crossing his territory
if the story is true.
Up P-Square. grin
Re: P-Square Finally Opens Up About Landlord by abushaheed: 12:40pm On Oct 10, 2009
Na wao!!! most lagos lanlords can be very very cunny,dubious and usurping when it comes to relationships with tenants. Too bad it has to the OKOYES this time. Thank God they are gettin there own apartment soonest. good luck p square.
Re: P-Square Finally Opens Up About Landlord by GTay(m): 12:48pm On Oct 10, 2009
lagos landlords, lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: P-Square Finally Opens Up About Landlord by haykeens(m): 12:55pm On Oct 10, 2009
p-square live in my hood, i have been observing the whole situation for a while, i think the Landlord is just one hell of a punk-ass, the OKOYES are reserved anyway. i wish them luck but they allowed the whole mess by allowing their Landlord to intrigue on their privacy
Re: P-Square Finally Opens Up About Landlord by koolchicco: 1:04pm On Oct 10, 2009
*signing in* undecided
Re: P-Square Finally Opens Up About Landlord by phuckNL: 1:07pm On Oct 10, 2009
LIES LIES LIES. I watched an episode on TV recently where P-SQUARE bragged that they own the house. They don't own the house. Bunch of boasting idiots.
Re: P-Square Finally Opens Up About Landlord by mbulela: 1:21pm On Oct 10, 2009
styrax:

Do people still do business like that, committing over 5 million naira based on verbal agreement?!

This is serious

i tire.
Re: P-Square Finally Opens Up About Landlord by koolchicco: 1:22pm On Oct 10, 2009
phuck_NL:

LIES LIES LIES. I watched an episode on TV recently where P-SQUARE bragged that they own the house. They don't own the house. Bunch of boasting idiots.

Well,Jude's statement in this interview did suggest they own the house rather they decided to rent.

Naija Landlords.Kai! shocked angry
Re: P-Square Finally Opens Up About Landlord by mbulela: 1:24pm On Oct 10, 2009
there is a total lack o professionalism among nigerian top artistes.
it shines though even in their private life.
no be to just dey wear funny bling bling and sagging pants.
these guys and gals need to behave like the stars they claim to be.
Re: P-Square Finally Opens Up About Landlord by mbulela: 1:27pm On Oct 10, 2009
koolchicco:

Well,Jude's statement in this interview did suggest they own the house rather they decided to rent.

Naija Landlords.Kai! shocked angry

can you explain the highlighted statement? id does not make sense.
i they own the house, then they are the landlords.
they either own it or not.
the fact that they have a landlord means they are tenants.
all these unnecessary explanations.
Re: P-Square Finally Opens Up About Landlord by etaurus(m): 1:29pm On Oct 10, 2009
Hmm,  rumors @ nobody
Re: P-Square Finally Opens Up About Landlord by Rooneyboy(m): 2:29pm On Oct 10, 2009
The landlord must be a serious criminal .
Re: P-Square Finally Opens Up About Landlord by sugarcane: 2:35pm On Oct 10, 2009
wahala dey lipsrsealed
Re: P-Square Finally Opens Up About Landlord by koolchicco: 2:38pm On Oct 10, 2009
mbulela:

can you explain the highlighted statement? id does not make sense.
i they own the house, then they are the landlords.
they either own it or not.
the fact that they have a landlord means they are tenants.
all these unnecessary explanations.

Soz,I meant "did[b]nt[/b] suggest" (typo).My bad anyway!
Re: P-Square Finally Opens Up About Landlord by Homonide: 2:48pm On Oct 10, 2009
bollocks!
Re: P-Square Finally Opens Up About Landlord by factbox(f): 2:54pm On Oct 10, 2009
shocked shocked shocked shocked This is serious oo landlord has not collected money for selling off the property simply means it has not been sold yet, so why the breaking -down in part of the apartment.personally it does not make any sense,even logically.we should always be mindful of what we do unto others because if we are to be in the landlords shoes we cant tolerate that,but chief is equally very greeedy.may God help them all.
Re: P-Square Finally Opens Up About Landlord by Vincent41(m): 2:59pm On Oct 10, 2009
Guy why do you say so do you know if they own the house.
Re: P-Square Finally Opens Up About Landlord by chukz4real(m): 3:06pm On Oct 10, 2009
Wont care make any comment
Re: P-Square Finally Opens Up About Landlord by sodconfirm: 3:40pm On Oct 10, 2009
We live in the same estate and i have watched their fight LIVE twice, The man gave them the house on rental basis we all knew in 2006 when they came here that they were only tenants. It is quite funny and unbelievable that this new story of buying the house is now believed and accepted by Nigerians. They want to cheat the man because they are stars and now they discover they don't have enough documents to back it up and the landlord proves stronger they now have to surrender, Okoyes tried to cheat and did not work for them !, SIMPLY THE TRUTH.
Re: P-Square Finally Opens Up About Landlord by tolk2tboy: 4:11pm On Oct 10, 2009
Up p-square
Re: P-Square Finally Opens Up About Landlord by tolk2tboy: 4:16pm On Oct 10, 2009
Wahala dey ooo,
Re: P-Square Finally Opens Up About Landlord by denony(m): 4:35pm On Oct 10, 2009
If you do me i do you
man no go vex!!!

some landlords could be greedy
from 45 - 48 to 80, what a business man
Re: P-Square Finally Opens Up About Landlord by Meldrick(m): 4:39pm On Oct 10, 2009
Lagos Landlords are very greedy. The Chief is surely a thief. But it beats my imagination that P-square still live in a rented apartment. They were busy buying jeeps and forgot shelter.
Re: P-Square Finally Opens Up About Landlord by xdunamis(m): 4:45pm On Oct 10, 2009
Some nairalanders (or let me say Nigerians) can really be very very stupid and goat - headed, i'm really annoyed when i see all this kind of reply to a thread. Nigerians can never be satisfied with what they have, look at the way you are insulting and embarrassing one of your country's top artiste in the world wide web, there is never a time that i have seen you guys write good comments about our top artiste, the other day i read about 2face idibia, i also read about Timaya in this forum, what kind of reply do i see, Rubbish words.

For once, i've thought Nigeria is improving, but many Nigerians are not, they make matters worse. Most Nigerians are not even supposed to be living as humans and it seems those are the type that now take this forum as their daily activity.

Date: October 10, 2009, 04:23 PM
408778 members
The ones that are in their right frame of mind are not up to !,000.
Re: P-Square Finally Opens Up About Landlord by WarfyBoy(m): 4:47pm On Oct 10, 2009
i no say p'square no fit do that kind thing before ah ah ah

landlord! landlord!!

make God help us for lagos ooo
Re: P-Square Finally Opens Up About Landlord by banom(m): 4:50pm On Oct 10, 2009
sodconfirm:

We live in the same estate and i have watched their fight LIVE twice, The man gave them the house on rental basis we all knew in 2006 when they came here that they were only tenants. It is quite funny and unbelievable that this new story of buying the house is now believed and accepted by Nigerians. They want to cheat the man because they are stars and now they discover they don't have enough documents to back it up and the landlord proves stronger they now have to surrender, Okoyes tried to cheat and did not work for them !, SIMPLY THE TRUTH.

Are you sure you read that article well ? or you are talking from culled IGOGORO Joint rumors, how can they be trying tocheat him while they are building twin duplex ?
Re: P-Square Finally Opens Up About Landlord by sammytb(m): 5:18pm On Oct 10, 2009
Omo see me see wahaaala dey. Ooo oh, Wahala dey, 4rm tenant 2 landlord. Eh p-square dey see danger, *Lol*
Re: P-Square Finally Opens Up About Landlord by sodconfirm: 5:23pm On Oct 10, 2009
banom:

Are you sure you read that article well ? or you are talking from culled IGOGORO Joint rumors, how can they be trying tocheat him while they are building twin duplex ?

Fool, They don't even have a second Jeep when they attempted it, Nw they have something and can let go nw, get it duck head?
Re: P-Square Finally Opens Up About Landlord by baekdoosan(m): 5:49pm On Oct 10, 2009
i knew they were innocent

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

P Square’s Sister, Mary Okoye Welcomes First Child / Mr Nigeria 2010 Is 2nd Runner Up Mr World 2010 / Genevieve Shares lovely photo of her With Funke Akindele(see photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.